Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign  (Read 3296 times)
CryptoSheikh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:18:04 PM

Very good point to mention. I can't understand how the team can't determine from the beginning that if they'll require kyc or not? It actually seems unprofessional to me

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
fcklife

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?

if you have only one account in this forum you will never be afraid of this kyc procedure. it is the rules of the bounty giver that will prevail. in some times, kyc helps specially in actual counting of legit participants. i think it is okay for me to have kyc

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:38:01 PM

some campaign executives are abusing this situation. managers should give early notice. this situation is affecting the confidence negatively.
EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

It is fair because according to every rules in bounties, campaign managers have the right to change the rules anytime. KYC is good, it was been made in order for the ICO to verify their customers or bounty hunters. KYC is imposed in order to avoid terrorism act or to avoid criminal people.
[/quote]

I agree. And why a normal person who is not a bot should be afraid of KYC? I have nothing to hide. And the company's rules do not take much time.
If it is bad to read the conditions at the beginning of the digging (and this was with me once), then you can get into an unpleasant situation, and the work done turns into an asexeless for you, and not for the company.
missmaria

Activity: 137
Merit: 12

Semux

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:15:37 PM

That's becoming a common practice nowadays, we shouldn't be concerned of it so much I think.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:18:15 PM

I think that such practice which is carried out by many companies, it is necessary to stop. You can't just change the rules. If you want the members of your company bounty to undergo identity verification, then specify it at the beginning of the company bounty in the rules.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:56:15 PM

First, the ICO teams should clearly indicate on the basis of which normative legal act and which country they require in the participants of the generosity campaign to pass the KYC check. I suspect that in most cases such a requirement is an ordinary initiative and they do not have the right to do so. The KYC check is designed to prevent investments in which money laundering will occur. People who do not invest in ICO projects, such as members of the generosity campaign, can not undergo such a check.

Secondly, in order to require us to provide our identification data and copies of documents confirming our identity, at least some individuals of this ICO team must show their documents to us to prove that they are not scammers. In many countries, including in my country of residence, the law on the protection of personal data of citizens has been adopted and only authorized persons, as a rule, of state bodies, can ask for such data, and if certain circumstances exist. Here, in general, there is a paradoxical situation when teams ICO, which according to statistics consist of scammers for 50-80 percent, without presenting to us the evidence that they act under their own name, require us to provide information and copies of documents that are provided in clearly defined law cases and, as a rule, state bodies that guarantee us that our data will not be used by third parties. Here, no one guarantees us anything.

Third, if the ICO team requires us to pass a KYC review at the end of the ICO campaign, this should be clearly indicated in the context of joining the generosity campaign. If it was not indicated, it can be qualified as a usual fraud, that is, taking possession of another's property by deception or abuse of trust. In this case, in the absence of preliminary information on the possibility of conducting a KYC check, the ICO team deprives participants of the campaign of generosity of freedom to choose to provide identification data. If such a person refuses to provide these data, he simply will not be paid the tokens he earned, which is what is calculated in this case. By this time, each participant in the generosity campaign has already indicated how many tokens he has earned and if he refuses to provide his personal data and copies of documents, or for any reason can not do it, then tokens are not paid and are subsequently assigned by the ICO command. This is fraud.
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:57:17 PM

Kyc is not fair if i can not pass it after all the effort i spend . but i think kyc before the campaign is awesome idea .
KYC is very easy to pass. I think some people could not pass KYC because they used fake information. if you don't like KYC, you can join to bounty campaign which is not requirement KYC, you should research this before joining.
I think KYC is unnecessary for people are participating in bounty programs but it's normal if bounty manager announces it before bounty campaign start.

vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:02:07 PM

KYC for generosity I think it is not needed , well for investors , but we bounty is meaningless.
ANDRE2222

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:33:39 PM

I do not think KYC is required for bounty participants. But if for investors, it's okay to avoid false investors. I think, they will not abuse our identity, if we know that ICO or bounty that has been followed is good, clear and transparent. Moreover, we must be careful before giving our personal identity.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:51:01 PM

KYC is an incredibly important practice that serves as the backbone of global anti-money laundering efforts.I believe that all ICOs in near future will have KYC if not already because regulators that will be in each country
karabiber

Activity: 1400
Merit: 683

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:26:13 PM

KYC is an incredibly important practice that serves as the backbone of global anti-money laundering efforts.I believe that all ICOs in near future will have KYC if not already because regulators that will be in each country

there are more than 200 countries, not all can regulate crypto. also there are a lot of tax havens so money laundering never stops. I don't expect any regulation in my country for example. don't be so government minded.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hengha

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:05:00 AM

Just yesterday, a project called BitcoinHomework bounty campaign ended. They asked for bounty participants to provide KYC verification, but just seventeen weeks ago, when their project was just beginning, their bounty managers were Said that bounty participants do not need KYC verification in telegram group.There is no credibility at all!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
blazingshockwave

Activity: 173

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:44:25 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
This kind of action is unacceptable and should have a red trust that is given by  the DT. It is a clear fraud because they know if they announce it in the beginning of the campaign, and there will be no participants that will join their campaign.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
quang99

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:52:09 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
This kind of action is unacceptable and should have a red trust that is given by  the DT. It is a clear fraud because they know if they announce it in the beginning of the campaign, and there will be no participants that will join their campaign.
I think the same. It is necessary to announce the passage of the kyc in advance, so that everyone can decide whether he wants to do it or not.

longergou

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:53:51 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
However, who will DT those fraudsters?I think this time we need a hero/legendary member that have DT power to stand up and maintain order.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:58:15 AM

I'm neutral about KYC, but the fact that this is announced at the end of the company is not right. I agree with you, what you need to warn for earlier or specify initially in the rules. But usually in the rules they write that they have the right to change them in the  company, so we have to put up with it.

KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:59:18 AM

I think that major, trustworthy campaigns and projects would never do the thing like this, it often turns to a scam in a similar cases
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:02:54 AM

KYC - it is important requirement and obligatory for the most regulated ICO.
I think that in the near future all the bounties of normal ICO projects will require identification of the identity - and this will be common process.
longergou

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:03:42 AM

I'm neutral about KYC, but the fact that this is announced at the end of the company is not right. I agree with you, what you need to warn for earlier or specify initially in the rules. But usually in the rules they write that they have the right to change them in the  company, so we have to put up with it.
Your remarks appear so weak. that for those who enacted the rules, once who participate in their bounty campaign, it is equivalent to signing a contract with them,they must follow the spirit of the contract, can't change at will,which is also the essence of all cryptocurrencies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: