Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:10:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign  (Read 3296 times)
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:14:02 AM

I was involved in a bounty by knowledge.io, and after the end of it, they asked for the KYC.
I gave it a thought and decided to go with the verification but their site asks me to verify not only with them but also to a third party named ICOS.
Can I trust this third party with my identity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Artemon82

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:17:08 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
it is totally unfair , if it was not announced before the campaing begin,then it is breaking the rules. Usually such things do greedy ICO projects...so before you start doing the job do some research about the project and team
StasP

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:26:28 AM

I believe that KYC verification is must have. Because this, in the first place, is directed to the struggle with multi-accounts and thus is beneficial to honest bounty-hunters. Count how much you get for your "stakes", If you take part in the bounty company with 100 people. And how much do you get for the same stacks, if 1000 people take part in the company? x10 times less!
This will also improve the efficiency of the bounty-company's. That will affect the success of the token-sale. That will also affect your profit. Think about it!
If anonymity is important to you, then the bounty companies are unlikely to suit you.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:28:22 AM

I think KYC should be done, but not at the end of bounty but at the beginning of the bounty, because most of the bounty hunters do not get any notice of claim to get the result of bounty or KYC bounty, most bounty managers just tell it through BTT or telegram thread publicly, but still the bounty hunter will not always have time to open and read it, so often missed, my suggestion should be if they want to do kyc at end of bounty, have to do personal message to every bounty hunter, can from BTT or email

krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

Know your customer is not a bad thing but when it is not listed at the beginning of the campaign before bounty hunters start participating then it is just deceiving people which is not right. The fact that it was not listed and people didn't know what they were getting into is what is wrong here, there are people who are unwilling to share their identity.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
pstraene

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:45:52 AM

It is okey for me to have KYC for bounty campaigns to lessen fraud and multiple accounts registration but this is not good if it is announce almost a week before the ICO closes because its like the ICO does not want to pay its hunter. This kyc rule should be posted at the start of the campaign.
Vness10

Activity: 372
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
It will be fair if the bounty manager or the project will post that need kyc at the end of the campaign at first  but some of project is not fair because of late announcement for KYC for bounty hunters. I think they need to consider some bounty hunter that can't do a KYC. Yeah we all know it's for the better of the other but how about some people can provide information.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
BTCdude007

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:53:45 AM

I do not understand why KYS is for bounty, especially now there is so much scam, every second is a scam, I'm worried that I'm transferring my documents to unknown persons.
valerie0216

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:46:13 AM

First and for most, why do ICO teams need KYC? Is the informations of a participant is not enough to prove the details? KYC is for whom? Is it for the hunters or investors only?
Lykiayng

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:47:45 AM

I think we should be prepared for this in advance, and before we start any campaign, we should prepare documents for verification.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

I think this is unfair, I am not against KYC since it will make bounty campaign more responsible and legit to avoid spammers and other unknown factors that may affect the quality of bounty campaigns in the forums but I think announcing it late is like deceiving your participants who joined because of your set rules.

coinic

Activity: 352
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:51:26 AM

I really think the anonymity or the privacy of every person will be deprived this is decentralization we are talking about and the right to be unknown to each and everyone hear can be of nothing, they will need your personal information then your security will be known too, I am against this kind of System and if it is needed for the bounty to get paid I'd rather not participate with them.
I think KYC is not necessary for bounty campaign when ended because it's better to make hide for our identity to make safe that no one will never been used by others if we subbmitted legally.

hataman

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:00:02 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
I personally think that a kyc that was not announced on a thread or no notice of kyc at the beginning of the bounty is unfair. if bounty manager really wants to have kyc, why they do not say at the beginning of bounty program. things like this are very detrimental to bounty participants, they advertise for months but they do not get paid.
BlockpassIDN

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:04:23 PM

KYC is becoming increasingly standard in the crypto space and it should be viewed as a positive as it gives the average person more trust in what they could become involved in. When blockchain and crypto go mainstream we'll all benefit. KYC should really be done before anything else but you need a convenient and self-sovereign solution like Blockpass to get people on board.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:06:24 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

Don't think about this in term of whether this is fair or unfair, think of professional vs. unprofessional and/or trustworthy vs. untrustworthy.
People need to understand that giving away their private data is no small thing. If you give away your data to the wrong people it can really hurt you. They can use those information in ways you don't even thought about and this can turn really ugly.

f you don't believe me, have a look what can happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjgRKW_Jmk

So please, don't give away your data carelessly, not for an airdrop, not for any random exchange or other so-called 'company'.

Please be aware that your personal data is one of the most valuable things you can own/have control over.
hotcoin1234

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:09:51 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

My view is that if the project in the first place already announce KYC is needed or might be needed the bounty hunters for this project should be responsible in decideing to join or not. From the ICO side that might be appling for something like license that will benefit the project but when the bounty start they have just submit the application and the result is not known yet so you cant really blame the ICO. To be fair to the hunters and ICO. If they did not say anything about KYC but announce KYC is needed in the middle or last few weeks of the bounty then it is quite unacceptable and not being fair to the hunters participating in this project.
Akeeto

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:10:28 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
if you would like to join kyc free bounty campaign.. then you should take a look at this telegram bounty community @csbounty
Radzivill

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 12:14:15 PM

I agree that we must warn in advance. But personally, my opinion is that it is not difficult for me to pass this test, although it is not clear to me why it is needed at all. I rushed to check the KYC only once (by the way, payments in that project were simply insignificant)
LGD2Business
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1512

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:16:12 PM

Any project that change rules after the campaign is straight scammer. There is no discussion about that.
If they don't show rules clear then don't join their campaign, protest them. Don't invest in their projects. They are not honest, they don't deserve to fund any money.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:43:21 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

I absolutely agree. This is not fair for any bounty participant since many would have declined such conditions if it were told form the start of every bounty. This is clearly taking advantage and an act of black mailing because it obviously implies that you will have to do a KYC before you can get your hands on your bounty rewards that you have obviously worked hard for. I think this should be a rule in this forum. Anyone doing this is making a fool out of its participants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: