Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:50:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 171793 times)
Zorrosv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Designer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:51:26 AM

BitCloud.  A somewhat similar idea to Datacoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=415100.msg4512692#msg4512692

The first altcoin of DataCoin! Congratulation to everyone!  Grin

DTC: DT8McJ9kaBZN4s3jH5o4ZkSZF1rJ4JQEWX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:29:34 AM

BitCloud.  A somewhat similar idea to Datacoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=415100.msg4512692#msg4512692
The first altcoin of DataCoin! Congratulation to everyone!  Grin
I have read the paper, it has nothing to do with Datacoin, in fact it's a new protocol, not even sure if it will use the standard blockchain as we know it.
IMO it is a very ambitious project (perhaps too ambitious) but at the moment it's just words, there is no code at all (just like MSC?).
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:33:48 AM

Yes, I agree, it is "just words".  But I found it interesting because it also links data and cryptocurrencies.

agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:48:36 AM

I made service.

http://agran.net/dtc_getbalance.php
Here you can find the balance of any dtc wallet.

And here Top 100 richest dtc addresses in real time:
http://agran.net/dtc_getbalance.php?top=100

Please test. Coins I havent and I can't check.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
dance4x

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:26:20 PM

Hey guys. I wrote the nontechnical paper for Bitcloud. Just wanted to pop in to discuss the similarities with our projects because they are somewhat similar. As cryptrol pointed out, this is a brand new protocol that is based on proof of bandwidth, so it's not really an altcoin to Datacoin. The main ideas we've been thinking about when it comes to Bitcloud are a decentralized YouTube alternative and a way to monetize a meshnet in the distant future. Would projects like these be possible with Datacoin? Nodes are paid for sharing bandwidth in Bitcloud, so I am wondering if Datacoin would run into trouble when it came to apps that required large amounts of bandwidth. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:29:49 PM

I made service.

http://agran.net/dtc_getbalance.php
Here you can find the balance of any dtc wallet.

And here Top 100 richest dtc addresses in real time:
http://agran.net/dtc_getbalance.php?top=100

Please test. Coins I havent and I can't check.

works. thx!
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:42:31 PM

Hey guys. I wrote the nontechnical paper for Bitcloud. Just wanted to pop in to discuss the similarities with our projects because they are somewhat similar. As cryptrol pointed out, this is a brand new protocol that is based on proof of bandwidth, so it's not really an altcoin to Datacoin. The main ideas we've been thinking about when it comes to Bitcloud are a decentralized YouTube alternative and a way to monetize a meshnet in the distant future. Would projects like these be possible with Datacoin? Nodes are paid for sharing bandwidth in Bitcloud, so I am wondering if Datacoin would run into trouble when it came to apps that required large amounts of bandwidth. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Hi!
Datacoin can run into trouble if someone wants to store big files in it Smiley Generally, I have such an idea. Datacoin stores only text info: html pages, css\js for them, small pictures (logos?), magnet links, etc. It also will store info that really needs redundancy. It will be fast storage with its own services. In that case Bitcloud can offer media storage for that - it won't need such redundancy, but it will work in pair with Datacoin. Just imagine: Namecoin as root DNS service, Datacoin as service for storing text info and security keys, for example, and your project as a media storage. It is really some kind of new, free Internet with economical/financial background.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
liberman

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:43:07 PM

Hello, we have seen your project Datacoin, and I'd like to inform you
that we are doing something equivalent.
Perhaps we can join our efforts in some way.

First of all, this is the repo of our project:

https://github.com/wetube/bitcloud

You can read first the White Paper, and then "bitcloud.org" which is the
protocol I'm writing.

I must say that, although we are going to a similar end, there are some
fundamental differences:

- We generate money from bandwidth sharing.
- We don't store nothing in the blockchain, just money transactions.
- We have moderators, which is a separate layer, and anyone can become
  one without technical skills, nor having to maintain a node.
- We are node centered, most of the work is done in the nodes which
  means that normal or anonymous users can access from a web browser
  transparently (they don't even need to know they are using
  Bitcloud). Our content is embedable in any webpage.
- We have a full descriptive language similar to SQL for accessing the
  bitcloud from any program in any place, they don't even need to
  download the blockchain.
- We introduce the concept of law, judge and enforcement, which is a
  form of very advanced Proof of Stake.

And probably there are many more differences, we are just scratching the
surface.

What we'd like to know is if you're interested in our project in some
way, perhaps we can join our efforts and make the best data sharing
protocol ever made, and change the world forever.

There is no way a single user or just 2, 5 or even 10 programmers are
going to bring this big project into existence. I think it is time to
go together before we do sub-optimal solutions separately.

We can meet each other in our channels, #bitcloud, #weetube and
#datacoin so we can discuss all of this.

dance4x

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

Hi!
Datacoin can run into trouble if someone wants to store big files in it Smiley Generally, I have such an idea. Datacoin stores only text info: html pages, css\js for them, small pictures (logos?), magnet links, etc. It also will store info that really needs redundancy. It will be fast storage with its own services. In that case Bitcloud can offer media storage for that - it won't need such redundancy, but it will work in pair with Datacoin. Just imagine: Namecoin as root DNS service, Datacoin as service for storing text info and security keys, for example, and your project as a media storage. It is really some kind of new, free Internet with economical/financial background.

I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions. It's an incredible idea from Liberman. Then again, it's hard to look at the similarities since both ideas are brand new. I agree that all of these projects are extremely exciting. Hopefully we will be able to create the new, meshed Internet with financial incentives for nodes in the future.
maxsolnc

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:03:06 PM

Hi!

I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions. It's an incredible idea from Liberman. Then again, it's hard to look at the similarities since both ideas are brand new. I agree that all of these projects are extremely exciting. Hopefully we will be able to create the new, meshed Internet with financial incentives for nodes in the future.

That's great idea. You should write this directly to oocook5u who is core developer of DTC protocol, he is VERY experienced programmer, so I think that you can bring ideas to him and see what he says. He is interested in Datacoin growth and evolution. The only problem - he is online rather rarely, but if you're not in hurry, he'll answer.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

was he online since the last time i posted about it? there hasnt been done anything wrt dnsseeder but i gave him enough informations to do it :S

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
maxsolnc

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:25:47 PM

was he online since the last time i posted about it? there hasnt been done anything wrt dnsseeder but i gave him enough informations to do it :S
he switched to HTTP server for Datacoin, I think that he has some kind of list of priorities.

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:32:36 PM

he switched to HTTP server for Datacoin, I think that he has some kind of list of priorities.
i offered him to create the dnsseeder for him or even host it myself if the vps costs get paid (not much, 5-10$ per month). if someone would donate enough *coin to create it, id do it and make a pull req for adding the dnsseeder. therefore newer builds wont have the problems with not finding any peers.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
maxsolnc

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:45:01 PM

i offered him to create the dnsseeder for him or even host it myself if the vps costs get paid (not much, 5-10$ per month). if someone would donate enough *coin to create it, id do it and make a pull req for adding the dnsseeder. therefore newer builds wont have the problems with not finding any peers.
how many coins do you want?  Wink

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:38:46 PM

how many coins do you want?  Wink
as said, worth 5-10$ per month, thats fine with me (ie, no profit for me). otherwise this is going nowehre with datacoin...

[GPG Public Key]
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:27:04 PM

One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:38:02 PM

One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked

I suppose its from Bter. Today for example i bought a few more. And if you go back 3-4 transactions its from this address.
Same for some datacoin i bought a few days ago.
What do you think?

Personally i dont trust Bter that much to have my Datacoins there. I buy and i send to wallet.

Thats why we need cryptsy or another exchange.

And also guys we need a MAC wallet. Many complains. And many people still have problem connecting to the network when they have downloaded the client...
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:03:46 PM

One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked
And also guys we need a MAC wallet. Many complains. And many people still have problem connecting to the network when they have downloaded the client...
see my post above if your interested in a fix for the peer problem.
MAC does work, get datacoin-qt.exe and run it with wine/wine-skin. not optimal but you can atleast have it on mac then Wink

[GPG Public Key]
maxsolnc

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:03:58 PM

One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked
see my post above if your interested in a fix for the peer problem.
MAC does work, get datacoin-qt.exe and run it with wine/wine-skin. not optimal but you can atleast have it on mac then Wink
that's not a problem, please post your address and I'll send coins to you for some months.
btw - good info about Mac, but you understand - it's better for potential investors to have native Mac app

extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:43:49 PM

I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions.

The ideas are sort of similar, although the details of what is possible will only become clear as the code gets released.

What is very nice is that various groups are starting to realise that crypto-currencies only have value if they are backed by the assets of the p2p network - bandwidth, data/file storage and cpu cycles.  Projects like Curecoin and Gridcoin are trying to base themselves on cpu cycles, while Datacoin monetizes file storage.  Interesting that you have focused on bandwidth.

My feeling is that open source rarely duplicates, and that different groups tend to work on different aspects of the ecosystem.   For example, if your WeTube was built on top of Datacoin and Datacoin HTTP server, we would probably have a winning formula.  No wasted efforts, and fruitful cross-fertilization of ideas.  The Datacoin protocol would be tweaked to suit different media, and vice versa.

If you are worried about Datacoin "early adopters" I would say the coin is actually super cheap and can still be easily mined. It is only 2 months old.  And 2 billion will be released over the next few hundred years.  So plenty of time to get on the train.

Just my honest opinion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: