Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【 BOT 】 C.A.T. Cryptsy Automatic Trader 1 Copy@0.8 (Old Topic Beta1-Beta3V8)  (Read 151119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:02:40 PM

If you close yes, you lost all the algo  Undecided
What was your last action???
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:24:41 PM

If you close yes, you lost all the algo  Undecided
What was your last action???
made a new Ping Pong Process
then the button to confirm has no more come...
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:27:46 PM

Ok, in the next release i will try to create dedicated process for all the operation with API.
I Think your CAT is retrying to create an orders and Cryptsy give some errors.....CAT will give a lot of retry.

I Think ALL the problems here are created by Cryptsy server problems. Hope all will return normal soon  Wink
Oreganobag

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:26:55 PM

I'm going to see if CAT performs better on a windows server located in Tampa with a 1Gbps connection. I've also downgraded to 2.5 as it seems I was having less issues with it than 2.6. I'll let you know how it goes.
thest0ckman

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:58:30 PM

can someone post a video of this prog in action actually trading and booking profits?

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:37:05 PM

I'm going to see if CAT performs better on a windows server located in Tampa with a 1Gbps connection. I've also downgraded to 2.5 as it seems I was having less issues with it than 2.6. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bad idea the downgrade  Undecided
Algorithm from 2.5 to 2.6 is the same, but there's no problem with concurrent operation like "stop process"/"close ping orders" etc....
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:41:49 PM

can someone post a video of this prog in action actually trading and booking profits?

this is the video : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1450km_cryptsy_tech
these are the images/guide : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329168.msg3531170#msg3531170

And in the various discussion there are gain/logs users opinions...........feedbacks are positive : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=130152
cellone

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:29:51 AM

I am running 20 markets and 5 to 6 hours later I am unable to see any logs under running algorithm tab for some markets and after few more hours additionally for some more markets there is no log update under running algorithm tab.

some 15 to 18 hours later I was able to see only 8 open orders in Cryptsy and also I am unable to stop the process for those markets which are stuck with log update in running algorithm tab.

So I have to forcefully close C.A.T and manually close all the orders and reopen the tool again.

I am unable to see any errors in command prompt.

Please advice.
golikcoin
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:49:01 AM

it's just a cryptsy server issue.

if your balance isn't correct send open a ticket here -> https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

i'm still waiting, yesterday i was missing 0.6, now after 14H i'm still waiting for 0.05...  Sad

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:01:18 AM

I'm sorry for these problems, but it's not Cat Fault.  Undecided
Stefan

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:05:08 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:38:37 AM by Stefan

Algorithm from 2.5 to 2.6 is the same, but there's no problem with concurrent operation like "stop process"/"close ping orders" etc....
No, if the market froze, e.g. no log for hours in 2.5, I can stop the process without making the whole app frozen.
I am temporarily downgrading to 2.5 too.

Now comes the situation I was talking about several days ago - the durability against crashes and the ability to recover from continuous unavailability of certain market.
Sampey, can the API get info about orders (requesting by their ID) that have been canceled or fulfilled in the past? If yes, for each market, consider making something like a table of Order Id, amount total, amount remaining, last known status. Every time a market is being checked, even after a crash, you can find out that an order has been fulfilled or canceled, how much has been traded etc. and treat that as if a recent change occurred.
The second thing is to create a separate thread for each market, it will save its state to a file after each operation: pingpong parameters, current algo values and traded quantities, and all orders with their statuses before a call is sent to Cryptsy (and update after its response). If the app crashes, it will look for active files on reopen and ask if it shall continue from last known state or not. Each market thread communicates with the main thread in some specified interval. If it freezes then the main thread destroys the market thread, creates new thread and makes it immediately continue on the file created by the dead thread so no freeze is noticeable for the user.

This is an idea to make CAT robust against Cryptsy performance, thread freezings and network issues. Hope that Cryptsy will resolve the issues soon.

Do you feel like my contribution helped you a lot? Express your thanks by sending a tip here: 1STEFAN4c7ZW5wqrxKdHyLsxZAKaa947j
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:47:38 AM

No, if the market froze, e.g. no log for hours in 2.5, I can stop the process without making the whole app frozen.

This is the result of the change made in 2.6 to avoid "concurrency problem".

Concurrency is something like :

- CAT Process is running, and is working on 10 orders.
- You ask to cancel orders
- Orders are cancelled immediatedly
- CAT Process crash because he "think" to work on 10 orders.

In 2.6 is

- CAT Process is running, and is working on 10 orders.
- You ask to cancel orders
- CAT check if process is running, if yes, CAT add a requesto, if no, CAT Perform operation.

In Yes Case
- CAT Process perform and terminate all operations on the 10 orders.
- CAT Execute the cancel order request.

This process works on structures synchronized, it means that if Process A are Work on synchronized structure X, and process B wants to access X, B must wait for A to release.

And this is what happens :

- CAT Is Working and Cryptsy return error, CAT is Retrying (for a long time until timeout) : this is process A
- You ask to stop Process and CAT wants to know if there's an active process working : this is process B

B is waiting for A to stop, but A isn't stopping..........so CAT seems freeze.

I'm sure that when Cryptsy will return ok, all these problems will resolve
pavimus

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:50:09 AM

I am running 20 markets and 5 to 6 hours later I am unable to see any logs under running algorithm tab for some markets and after few more hours additionally for some more markets there is no log update under running algorithm tab.

some 15 to 18 hours later I was able to see only 8 open orders in Cryptsy and also I am unable to stop the process for those markets which are stuck with log update in running algorithm tab.

So I have to forcefully close C.A.T and manually close all the orders and reopen the tool again.

I am unable to see any errors in command prompt.

Please advice.

I have same situation.
Stefan

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:43:48 AM

This is the result of the change made in 2.6 to avoid "concurrency problem".

And this is what happens :

- CAT Is Working and Cryptsy return error, CAT is Retrying (for a long time until timeout) : this is process A
- You ask to stop Process and CAT wants to know if there's an active process working : this is process B

B is waiting for A to stop, but A isn't stopping..........so CAT seems freeze.

I'm sure that when Cryptsy will return ok, all these problems will resolve
Then add "Kill Process" option to kill the thread immediately while the user closes their orders manually.
In 2.5 the stop process works fine even if the log freezes.

Do you feel like my contribution helped you a lot? Express your thanks by sending a tip here: 1STEFAN4c7ZW5wqrxKdHyLsxZAKaa947j
golikcoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:14:17 AM

Then add "Kill Process" option to kill the thread immediately while the user closes their orders manually.
In 2.5 the stop process works fine even if the log freezes.

if the whole CAT is frozen, you can't click any button (even the "kill process")...

just kill the process from cmd/task mgr/etc  Wink

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Oreganobag

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:15:14 AM

Yes. I've been running 2.5 and its worked much better than 2.6.

I don't want to cancel all orders so that feature, whether or not it works in 2.5 or 2.6 better doesn't matter. I want all orders to continue, which 2.6 wasn't doing a good job of. After a couple hours markets would just stop doing anything in 2.6. I'm back to where I was profiting before with 2.5 now.
golikcoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:23:51 AM

but it's not CAT fault but a cryptsy server issue...

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:54:59 PM

if the whole CAT is frozen, you can't click any button (even the "kill process")...

just kill the process from cmd/task mgr/etc  Wink
is there no way to get out of CAT when it is frozen (beside kill the task)
and that the running algos are saved auto to recall when restarted?
(e.g. java -jar -option x CAT.jar)
thx
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:57:05 PM

Actually no  Undecided
ewibit
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

where are the algos saved?
is it possible to get out data from a temp-file?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: