Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【 BOT 】 C.A.T. Cryptsy Automatic Trader 1 Copy@0.8 (Old Topic Beta1-Beta3V8)  (Read 151119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:52:37 PM

Hello,

I'm a newbie still on the fence about purchasing CAT.  Here's my top 10 list of questions or concerns.  Please forgive any silly or obvious errors.  Yes, I did read the FAQ, but not every post in these threads.

1.  How do you conduct the transaction to purchase CAT?  are you using a third party escrow?

2.  I know you mention free upgrades, but is that really forever?  I can expect all new features and 2.0 and 3.0 for free as well?  Where's the incentive for you in that?

3.  What's your development roadmap look like for the next 3-6 months?  how often are your updates/bugfixes?

4.  It seems there is a "I'm losing money" or "I want to sell my version" post every so often on this thread.  Why not offer them a partial refund?  couldn't you just exempt them from future upgrades?

5.  What's the average amount someone needs to use CAT, including the purchase price?  1 BTC plus 2 or 3 BTC to trade?  is that low or high?  does it scale to even larger amounts?

6.  Any performance measurements on CAT?  does it run better on windows or mac or linux? 

7.  I want to run this on a PC and just leave it alone.  But can I?  How often do I need to maintain the program?  Cancel all trades and restart it daily?

8.  What I've read of the Ping/Pong strategy is that its only useful in a sideways market.  is that true?  Won't it sell short on big upward trends and hold too long on doward trends? 

9.  I'm interested in writing my own simple strategies, is there any support for that?

10.  Current users:  What do you like most about CAT?  what do you dislike (if anything) about it?  Are you more stressed out using it or less?

Honestly this really seems like a great application.  Sampey, you clearly put a lot of time and effort in writing this and it shows.  But purchasing this does come with a lot of risk.  Personally I feel I've done OK with a buy/hold strategy with alt coins.  But I do admit its time consuming and I miss out on the dips when I'm not online.  If I decide to pull the trigger, I just want to everything I can to increase my odds of success with CAT.   

thanks!

1 - No Escrow, i have made 2 auction with video and actually these are my feedback
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=130152

2 - Yes upgrade are forever, i hope in donations and new users.

3 - I always work on bugfixed and new features

4 - Many users doesn't wants to accept "market devaluation". Only 2 users from the start of this project wants to sell the copy and not because CAT doesn't works well

5 - There's no fix amount, you can use 0.5 or 5 BTC, GAIN is proportional

6 - It's Java, it's platform indipendent

7 - I have done 72 hours without restart (when Crypty's server works well)

8 - I Don't know what you have read, but PING-PONG is my algo, i have created from scratch, and works on every markets

9 - No, i can't write a personal algorithm, but i can give you supporto to set parameters near to your needed

slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:01:01 PM

If anyone wants to talk about C.A.T and/or share ideas; I made an IRC channel on http://webchat.quakenet.org #C.A.T

1000BTC sent for bounty.

Grin

Embarrassed
Stefan

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:34:04 PM

Hello,

I'm a newbie still on the fence about purchasing CAT.  Here's my top 10 list of questions or concerns.  Please forgive any silly or obvious errors.  Yes, I did read the FAQ, but not every post in these threads.
1.  How do you conduct the transaction to purchase CAT?  are you using a third party escrow?
No escrow used - I believed other people here asking questions after they run the application, so if they were not scammed, I expected the same for me.

5.  What's the average amount someone needs to use CAT, including the purchase price?  1 BTC plus 2 or 3 BTC to trade?  is that low or high?  does it scale to even larger amounts?
I advise people to invest 1.5 BTC - one for a license and 0.5 as the beginning portfolio. Using more BTC is risky by my opinion - the gain is not linearly proportional, I think in bigger amounts it goes logarithmic and the risk of big price movement is higher. Big orders are not as frequent as smaller ones.

6.  Any performance measurements on CAT?  does it run better on windows or mac or linux? 
It is written in Java, so ask for performance measurements for a regular window app that communicates continuously over the internet

7.  I want to run this on a PC and just leave it alone.  But can I?  How often do I need to maintain the program?  Cancel all trades and restart it daily?
I restart markets daily, there are opinions between 1-3 days, most of gain is collected in first 12-24 hours.

8.  What I've read of the Ping/Pong strategy is that its only useful in a sideways market.  is that true?  Won't it sell short on big upward trends and hold too long on doward trends? 
Provided that you invest in a lot of markets and use smaller amounts (my strategy is 0.01 buy and 0.01 sell, 20 markets), the risk of devaluation by mass price decrease is reduced, but not elliminated of course. 2 weeks ago I had a loss day and sometimes my portfolio rises only by half of total gain reported by CAT, sometimes a bit higher, the main point is that, in long term, you are collecting small gains and the value grows. I will try to increase volumes only if two conditions are met: cryptsy to be fast and accurate enough, and the markets not to be collectively overbought/oversold.

9.  I'm interested in writing my own simple strategies, is there any support for that?
No, not so far and I don't think Sampey will enable some programming in it, but I think if your strategy is profitable in long term, you can suggest it as an alternative. There were suggestions for arbitrage trades (using a coin that is paired by both BTC and LTC and/or XPM).

10.  Current users:  What do you like most about CAT?  what do you dislike (if anything) about it?  Are you more stressed out using it or less?
There are many things to test and debug as new features come, but, I expect later versions to be more automated (like sell all altcoins at the end of the session if wanted). By the way, a fully automated CAT that I believe once will exist (a TIGER release :-)):
- market advise feature: option to get first x markets with enough daily volume, where the price difference is not too big and the current price is not too high or low compared to the daily average
- portfolio diversify feature: option to buy some (equal) worth of each coin selected and automatically begin with ping buy and ping sell orders
- portfolio consolidation feature: sell all or sell all except the initial buy worth of the coin
- durability: ability to recover from crashes, cryptsy outages, market freezes/pauses etc.
- strategy: another (or combined) strategies, not just the ping pong
- smart: some user input check, like do not trade outside reasonable price window
- similar program input check, like not to add an unreasonably high buy order for 0.11 when the max buy is 0.10 for small amount and then 0.02
- multiplatform: and, in the further future, ability to trade another services (bter, coins-e, vircurex etc) and ability to find and trade arbitrage opportunies across different platforms (this would be a LION version :-))

Do you feel like my contribution helped you a lot? Express your thanks by sending a tip here: 1STEFAN4c7ZW5wqrxKdHyLsxZAKaa947j
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:57:41 PM

- durability: ability to recover from crashes, cryptsy outages, market freezes/pauses etc.
- smart: some user input check, like do not trade outside reasonable price window
- similar program input check, like not to add an unreasonably high buy order for 0.11 when the max buy is 0.10 for small amount and then 0.02
- multiplatform: and, in the further future, ability to trade another services (bter, coins-e, vircurex etc) and ability to find and trade arbitrage opportunies across different platforms (this would be a LION version :-))

+1
golikcoin
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:45:24 PM

In BETA 9 i will add a function to convert all to BTC before stops

Great!

Is there any problem with cryptsy right now?

My balance is -0.2 but i've closed all positive trade aka ping pong

any1 else is in this situation?  Huh

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Black.Dog

Activity: 98

«Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish»

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:07:37 PM

In BETA 9 i will add a function to convert all to BTC before stops

Very very good news!  Smiley

+1

We Love All Crypto Coins!
oswald

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:25:40 AM

10.  Current users:  What do you like most about CAT?  what do you dislike (if anything) about it?  Are you more stressed out using it or less?
There are many things to test and debug as new features come, but, I expect later versions to be more automated (like sell all altcoins at the end of the session if wanted). By the way, a fully automated CAT that I believe once will exist (a TIGER release :-)):
- market advise feature: option to get first x markets with enough daily volume, where the price difference is not too big and the current price is not too high or low compared to the daily average
- portfolio diversify feature: option to buy some (equal) worth of each coin selected and automatically begin with ping buy and ping sell orders
- portfolio consolidation feature: sell all or sell all except the initial buy worth of the coin

that level of programming is more than just one person or at least be patient to wait

how about C.A.T that can be set once and forget for the rest, then making thousand dollar per day (this would be Cheetah version)
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:42:24 AM

In the next release, 70% of the job i've done is not in the GUI Part, but inside the code. I have done a lot of reorganization to be able in the next release to create different algo, a stronger environment against cryptsy's error (in the next release i will create a routine to recover the "25 Error Retry" While Create Order).

Next release (and beta 9) will be VERY VERY important for Ram Usage, Software Stability and maintenance for next features.

Saturday you will have this new version  Wink Wink

And don't forget i'm full time worker, i work on CAT When i return from Work  Undecided Undecided Undecided
FuckTheDollar

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:26:00 AM

How about color coding for BTC LTC and XPM markets?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:39:25 AM

What do you mean, can you do me an example?
utens

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:45:25 AM

One function that could be extremely useful  , is that when CAT get closed,  it saves the log or the gain (tipo un resoconto)  from the session .

Otherwise , the internet goes down or the pc get shuted , we lose track of what happened.  and we don't  know if we have coins stuck on cryptsy and stuff like that
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:22:35 AM

One function that could be extremely useful  , is that when CAT get closed,  it saves the log or the gain (tipo un resoconto)  from the session .

Otherwise , the internet goes down or the pc get shuted , we lose track of what happened.  and we don't  know if we have coins stuck on cryptsy and stuff like that

Yes i will work on the "Save Auto-Snapshot".
Actually GAINS and ERRORS are written on a text file.

utens

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:17:43 AM

Where?  U mean even in a different place than the global gain tab?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:32:40 AM

Where?  U mean even in a different place than the global gain tab?

On your disk in the CAT Folder  Wink
FuckTheDollar

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:27:17 PM

Something like you can right click on the market tabs and choose a color. Because a lot of the time I have 20-30 market tabs but only 10 running trades. Then it would be nice to just right click and choose  green if its running and red if its not running Smiley

Also it would be nice if you could click and drag the market tabs so you can arrange them how you like  Cool

Would make it more user friendly I think

edit: Maybe also automatic color change if it goes zombie (pink/purple) or if the markets spread is smaller than the selected Min % Guar. Gain (yellow)
FuckTheDollar

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:40:23 PM

Is the Estimated Portfolio Value more accurate in C.A.T then on Cryptsy site? Because its 7-8 % different Smiley
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:41:03 PM

Something like you can right click on the market tabs and choose a color. Because a lot of the time I have 20-30 market tabs but only 10 running trades. Then it would be nice to just right click and choose  green if its running and red if its not running Smiley

Also it would be nice if you could click and drag the market tabs so you can arrange them how you like  Cool

Would make it more user friendly I think

edit: Maybe also automatic color change if it goes zombie (pink/purple) or if the markets spread is smaller than the selected Min % Guar. Gain (yellow)

Yes all of these features are in "TODO LIST"
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:10:08 PM

markets lookup has never finished in the last days, I tried x times -> issue on CAT or Cryptsy?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:13:08 PM

markets lookup has never finished in the last days, I tried x times -> issue on CAT or Cryptsy?

Do you mean the loading of Markets??? The first Panel??
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:32:42 PM

Do you mean the loading of Markets??? The first Panel??
yes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: