Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1423GH] ABCPool PPS - Proxy Pool For High & Steady Mining Rewards  (Read 151534 times)
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 09:18:36 PM

Just noticed the CLOSED reg as well - not sure what is up?!?

Been here 4 days and rock steady thus far...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 09:23:13 PM

Been here 4 days and rock steady thus far...

I think it's usually done when they hit near capacity...then they can evaluate load and rescale.

It will open back up in time, hopefully Wink
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 10:12:56 AM

I think it's usually done when they hit near capacity...then they can evaluate load and rescale.

It will open back up in time, hopefully Wink
That observation is spot on! We have defined certain events that trigger a registration close. That way we can create a stable situation from which we may evaluate whether additional spare capacity or performance tuning is necessary. Limiting growth at certain thresholds allows us to keep offering a quality mining experience to our current miners.

If you'd like to sign up during a period of closed registration, you may PM Chlorine or me at any time. We'll then give you a heads up when registration opens again! This time, we anticipate registration will re-open on monday.

MC

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 04:05:43 PM

Showing Open Again....

AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 01:41:01 AM

Question:
Could you add, on the stats page, the Mhash/s we did on the previous day?
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 01:02:04 PM

I see now that balance has been changed to balance at risk. I noticed the other day you said that you could no longer guarantee balances. Does this mean you think the pool is going to go under very soon or am I reading too much into things?
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 01:39:34 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 02:32:14 PM by MintCondition

I see now that balance has been changed to balance at risk. I noticed the other day you said that you could no longer guarantee balances.
That's right. However, we made the announcement and the change on the same day.
Does this mean you think the pool is going to go under very soon or am I reading too much into things?
ABCPool is running fine, and we're not going away. Please read our statement carefully.

Since the beginning we have advised miners to keep their balance and therefore their risk low, no matter at which pool you mine. Be safe and cash out regularly. Or better yet: use autopay.

We expect to continue offering you the best mining pool out there for a long time!
Thanks,
MC

Hotdog453

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 10:21:25 PM

Yeah, it's just one of those "cover your ass" kind of statements, and most pools should say the same thing. If they get hacked, you're fubared if you have a crap load of coins sitting there. They ain't going to cover your losses, just as no other pool is going to cover losses like that.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 01:43:20 PM

Right, this is odd..  So I tried to log into my account 'convery' today and I instantly got a notice saying "Account has been deactivated. (due to repeated login failure or abuse)".
Is my account and the BTC in it lost just because some kid tried to bruteforce my account? Because I can't even think of any way of 'abusing' PPS..

If not, could you reopen it and merge 'convery' and 'convery2' as I'm mining on the other one now..

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Chlorine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Chlorine - keeps your pool in top condition

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 01:48:34 PM

Right, this is odd..  So I tried to log into my account 'convery' today and I instantly got a notice saying "Account has been deactivated. (due to repeated login failure or abuse)".
Is my account and the BTC in it lost just because some kid tried to bruteforce my account? Because I can't even think of any way of 'abusing' PPS..

If not, could you reopen it and merge 'convery' and 'convery2' as I'm mining on the other one now..

I have sent you a PM.

Regards,
C

ABCPool.co - Bitcoin Mining with steady rewards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33586.msg419612#msg419612

1J3ZiBDN7z9WCRYL79z3youw1Bz1buhbGu
freakfantom

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 12:51:17 PM

I get a notice saying "Account has been deactivated. (due to repeated login failure or abuse)" too. Though I didn't use your pool for several weeks. What happened?
Chlorine

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 01:01:21 PM

Right, this is odd..  So I tried to log into my account 'convery' today and I instantly got a notice saying "Account has been deactivated. (due to repeated login failure or abuse)".

I get a notice saying "Account has been deactivated. (due to repeated login failure or abuse)" too. Though I didn't use your pool for several weeks. What happened?

sent you a PM.

freshzive

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 05:50:06 PM

I got that message too. Sent you a PM the other day. My workers are still connected fine so I'm not super worried, but I'd like to be able to login to check stats. Thanks!

account name: tonic

Chlorine

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 06:04:17 PM

I got that message too. Sent you a PM the other day. My workers are still connected fine so I'm not super worried, but I'd like to be able to login to check stats. Thanks!

account name: tonic

sent you a PM.

C.

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 08:49:08 PM

NEWS: Fee to be re-introduced

How are you enjoying mining with ABCPool so far? It's thanks to you, our loyal miners that we have got this far! Without your constructive input, your kind words and of course your hashpower we would probably not have been here anymore.

As you may have seen on the account details page, running a pool is not free.

When ABCPool just started out 5 months ago, there was an introductory fee of 2% for a short time. ABCPool was not always stable in the early months, and we did not feel justified to charge you at that point. Therefore we soon lowered the fee to 0% and paid server costs, stale shares and invalid blocks completely out of our own pockets.  Now that ABCPool has proven to provide a solid mining experience we feel that the moment has come to re-introduce a fee, 4%, sometime in the first week of  2012.

Charging a fee is necessary to keep on providing you with the service quality you have come to expect from us. Any pool that does not charge a fee will eventually disappear, because it will inevitably cost the ops money. Many of you already donate 2%-4%. With the new scheme, you don't have to worry about others not paying for their part, because other users will pay the same..

The fee will enable us to pay for the server hosting, motivates us to keep on improving ABCPool, and helps to offset the risk we take by offering PPS rewards.

From your perspective, you might consider the fee to be a 'risk premium': by being payed per share you know exactly what you'll earn every day. How much is that worth to you? In addition we shield you from invalid blocks and stale shares.

In the new year we will continue to provide the best service we can, to ensure that you'll continue to enjoy mining at ABCPool!

Happy hashing,
MC & Chlorine

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 08:51:12 PM

How are you enjoying mining with ABCPool so far? It's thanks to you, our loyal miners that we have got this far! Without your constructive input, your kind words and of course your hashpower we would probably not have been here anymore.

As you may have seen on the account details page, running a pool is not free.

When ABCPool just started out 5 months ago, there was an introductory fee of 2% for a short time. ABCPool was not always stable in the early months, and we did not feel justified to charge you at that point. Therefore we soon lowered the fee to 0% and paid server costs, stale shares and invalid blocks completely out of our own pockets.  Now that ABCPool has proven to provide a solid mining experience we feel that the moment has come to re-introduce a fee, 4%, sometime in the first week of  2012.

Charging a fee is necessary to keep on providing you with the service quality you have come to expect from us. Any pool that does not charge a fee will eventually disappear, because it will inevitably cost the ops money. Many of you already donate 2%-4%. With the new scheme, you don't have to worry about others not paying for their part, because other users will pay the same..

The fee will enable us to pay for the server hosting, motivates us to keep on improving ABCPool, and helps to offset the risk we take by offering PPS rewards.

From your perspective, you might consider the fee to be a 'risk premium': by being payed per share you know exactly what you'll earn every day. How much is that worth to you? In addition we shield you from invalid blocks and stale shares.

In the new year we will continue to provide the best service we can, to ensure that you'll continue to enjoy mining at ABCPool!

Happy hashing,
MC & Chlorine

Please modify the thread title so as to not confuse users now there is a fee. Thanks !
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 09:01:51 PM

Please modify the thread title so as to not confuse users now there is a fee. Thanks !
Thanks for the suggestion. When the fee becomes active (in January) we will change the thread title immediately.

Hotdog453

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 12:43:34 PM

Figured it was coming eventually. Logical. Can't really argue against a fee in the big picture, unless you're brain dead. FWIW, and I suggest everyone else do the same: Change your donation to 4% now, so you'll see what your results will be with the new fee.
freshzive

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 08:42:50 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2011, 09:01:10 PM by freshzive

This pool is so incredibly stable, I left miners running for 10 days when I was out of town, not a single issue. Definitely will stick with ABC even with a fee. Great job Smiley

Pontius

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 07:22:32 AM

[...]

Isn't that something you should announce on you news page (https://www.abcpool.co/news.php) as well?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: