Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1423GH] ABCPool PPS - Proxy Pool For High & Steady Mining Rewards  (Read 151534 times)
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 06:13:09 PM

How do you feel about ABCPool.co being a backup pool?
If it's OK, how do these measures deal with a single getwork after every longpoll that likely won't be solved?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 07:50:25 PM

How do you feel about ABCPool.co being a backup pool?
If it's OK, how do these measures deal with a single getwork after every longpoll that likely won't be solved?
We would feel much better being a primary pool Smiley

All kidding aside, it's perfectly OK to configure ABCPool as a backup pool. The pattern you describe should not trigger blocking. If you experience any problems though don't hesitate to contact us.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 09:04:47 PM

NEWS: Anti-botnet measures kicked in to keep ABCPool healthy Smiley
Today for the first time, increased botnet activity on ABCPool has caused our algorithms to block some extremely inefficient users.

Efficiency is the number of shares submitted per requested work. For CPU miners and botnets that number is usually very low. The lower a miners efficiency, the more load it puts on the server. Eventually it begins to affect well-behaving users, who will then see degraded performance.

Since the DDoS attack in January, users below a certain efficiency threshold may be subject to an automatic temporary block. That way they can not cause trouble for well-behaving users. The efficiency threshold is dynamic, based on current conditions.

Blocked users are not able to get work and submit shares. They can still use the website and request payouts.

There may still be glitches in the algorithms that manage blocking. We don't like to block anyone if it is not absolutely necessary. So should you ever discover that you are blocked and don't understand why, please send us a PM and we'll investigate ASAP!

What can you do to prevent being blocked:
* Don't point your botnet at ABCPool
* Don't mine with your CPU. It costs a lot more in electricity than it will every earn you in BTC anyway. Use a GPU.
* Use the latest version of a popular mining client that is known to behave, like cgminer, phoenix, diablominer, guiminer, poclbm, etc.

Happy hashing everyone!
Can you give a very rough estimate of the %?
I presume it would be like 10% or even lower?

It's easy to fall under 50% with certain common conditions, but 10% is unlikely.
(I average 60% due to FPGA + 6950 - but with only FPGA it would be even lower)

Mainly I say this coz if I ever get a block I'll remove ABC from my pool list.
There's already enough issues with having a low hash rate (only 1.4GH/s) ... without possibly being blocked due to it.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 12:26:23 AM

Since the DDoS attack in January, users below a certain efficiency threshold may be subject to an automatic temporary block. That way they can not cause trouble for well-behaving users. The efficiency threshold is dynamic, based on current conditions.
Can you give a very rough estimate of the %?
I presume it would be like 10% or even lower?

It's easy to fall under 50% with certain common conditions, but 10% is unlikely.
(I average 60% due to FPGA + 6950 - but with only FPGA it would be even lower)

Mainly I say this coz if I ever get a block I'll remove ABC from my pool list.
There's already enough issues with having a low hash rate (only 1.4GH/s) ... without possibly being blocked due to it.
The efficiency threshold is currently lower than 10%. There are currently two accounts that are causing problems: They are generating 50% of the load on the pool while only contributing 1% of the hashrate. These are the accounts that are currently affected.

I'm curious about the efficiency FPGA's get. You suggested it may be quite low, why do you think that is?

We fully intend to support FPGA miners. Any insight into their behavior is appreciated so we may adjust policies to let them through Smiley

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 01:51:41 AM

Well as long as the requirement is under 10% I can't imagine any non-CPU miners could have a problem.

With FPGA the issue is of course that they are new and the designers haven't quite got the idea about how GPU mining works to make sure you minimise lost work Smiley

With the BFL - the current device doesn't reply with any shares until it's finished processing the full nonce range.
In that case the efficiency would usually be close to normal on a normal pool.
However, of course, with anything like P2Pool with short LPs (10 seconds) that's gonna mean a lot of aborted work - probably 33% of getworks will never give a share.
If you issue extra LP's (e.g. for NMC mining) then that will of course lower the BFL efficiency %

With the Icarus - the current device only returns one nonce per request and then stops mining.
This means you need to make sure you queue up enough work so that if you get a few quick shares it doesn't end up being idle.
It is also aborted before it finishes the nonce range to avoid going idle (the current device doesn't say when it finishes if it doesn't find a share)
These typically show around 50% efficiency on cgminer due to the fact that of course on average you process under half of each work request.

I could have given you info on the ZTEX also except the guy making it was unhelpful when I requested info so I gave up bothering to add that to cgminer once I found it works very different to the rest and I'll let someone else do that Smiley

They are the only 3 I've have any contact with.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:29:09 AM

With FPGA the issue is of course that they are new and the designers haven't quite got the idea about how GPU mining works to make sure you minimise lost work Smiley

With the BFL - the current device doesn't reply with any shares until it's finished processing the full nonce range.
In that case the efficiency would usually be close to normal on a normal pool.
However, of course, with anything like P2Pool with short LPs (10 seconds) that's gonna mean a lot of aborted work - probably 33% of getworks will never give a share.
If you issue extra LP's (e.g. for NMC mining) then that will of course lower the BFL efficiency %

With the Icarus - the current device only returns one nonce per request and then stops mining.
This means you need to make sure you queue up enough work so that if you get a few quick shares it doesn't end up being idle.
It is also aborted before it finishes the nonce range to avoid going idle (the current device doesn't say when it finishes if it doesn't find a share)
These typically show around 50% efficiency on cgminer due to the fact that of course on average you process under half of each work request.
Thanks for the info. It's certainly different from how most GPU miners operate, and less efficient too.

I guess they'll improve some of this stuff eventually, especially the 'waiting to submit' part. Every 6 seconds you wait to submit a share that's also a block there's an additional 1% chance someone else has beat you to it. This reduces the effective hash rate.

Callius

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 08:50:01 PM

Hi I've noticed that my miners are now being blocked, I first updated to the most recent edition of CGMiner as that seemed to fix the problem but now even that's stopped. I was at 600Mhz I know it's not much but am I a victim of the new scheme? It's a bit annoying that my miners just stop and I didn't notice because they're still on and working at another location (only one IP though I'm not a botnet)
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Hi I've noticed that my miners are now being blocked, I first updated to the most recent edition of CGMiner as that seemed to fix the problem but now even that's stopped. I was at 600Mhz I know it's not much but am I a victim of the new scheme? It's a bit annoying that my miners just stop and I didn't notice because they're still on and working at another location (only one IP though I'm not a botnet)
Sorry to hear that Callius! I'll investigate the situation and see if we can do anything about it. I've sent you a PM for some more info to get the ball rolling.

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:55:09 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2012, 09:51:51 AM by MintCondition

Sorry to hear that Callius! I'll investigate the situation and see if we can do anything about it. I've sent you a PM for some more info to get the ball rolling.
Callius' situation was resolved. Turns out he had some problems with his rig; there was no block.

phants

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:18:23 AM

If you feel you have been blocked in error, let us know and we will look into it!
You couldn't block personally me at change IP at all? I have all the same blocked the address, it will be already impossible to replace.

---
excuse, machine translation
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:11:31 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 10:07:19 AM by MintCondition

If you feel you have been blocked in error, let us know and we will look into it!
You couldn't block personally me at change IP at all? I have all the same blocked the address, it will be already impossible to replace.

---
excuse, machine translation

FYI: Blocking rules have been relaxed this afternoon. Nobody was blocked during (at least) the past few hours.

Hi Phants,

I'm sorry but I may not fully understand your question. I think you are saying that all your machines are blocked together because they are at the same IP?

That is possible, because blocking is based on IP addresses, not on device or worker. You can check if you are blocked on the 'Stats' page.

After 30 minutes blocking will stop. If you continue mining with low efficiency you will quickly be blocked for another half hour. To prevent blocking, only mine with GPU or FPGA devices. You can have as many as you want on the same IP.

We sometimes block low efficiency (CPU) miners because they hurt pool performance for other users. Electricity costs for CPU miners are higher than their mining income anyway, and they are mostly used by botnets.

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:17:02 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 05:04:51 PM by MintCondition

NEWS: The new 'Reputation' section on the stats page

Hi all,

We've added a 'Reputation' section to your stats page. It uses live data. Can't connect to the pool? Check the reputation section to see if there are any problems with your account. By the way, as a normal user you shouldn't ever get blocked.

Well-behaving users deserve excellent service from their pool. Therefore ABCPool sometimes blocks low efficiency miners temporarily when they endanger the overall service level. Low efficiency is a sign that someones software/hardware is malfunctioning or he/she is running resource-eating CPU miners or even a botnet.

If you encounter any problems with your account, contact me or Chlorine and we'll try to help you out.

Happy hashing everyone!

MC

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:19:42 PM

Is there any chance to get more information added to the json string?

for instance the 24 hour totals would be nice:
24-hour running totals: 99.7% valid (179931), 0.27% stale (487), 0.03% invalid (47).
Great suggestion Jjimm, and I've just implemented it for you. Since the info was already on the stats page it wasn't too difficult.

Enjoy!

Thank you sir.  i c them

[running_valids] => 385569
    [running_stales] => 1141
    [running_invalids] => 475

Again thxs for the quick response to this.  I should have asked for the lifetime shares, because the running totals change over time, I cannot use it to diff my shares over time.

Could you please add the:
Lifetime Valid: xx shares
Lifetime Stale: xx shares
Lifetime Invalid: xx shares

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:27:11 PM

24-hour running totals: 99.7% valid (179931), 0.27% stale (487), 0.03% invalid (47).
Great suggestion Jjimm, and I've just implemented it for you. Since the info was already on the stats page it wasn't too difficult.

Enjoy!
Again thxs for the quick response to this.  I should have asked for the lifetime shares, because the running totals change over time, I cannot use it to diff my shares over time.

And.. done! Enjoy! Smiley

...and you know you've just committed yourself to mining at ABCPool for at least the next couple of months, right? Wink

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 01:34:07 AM

Enjoy!
Again thxs for the quick response to this.  I should have asked for the lifetime shares, because the running totals change over time, I cannot use it to diff my shares over time.

And.. done! Enjoy! Smiley

...and you know you've just committed yourself to mining at ABCPool for at least the next couple of months, right? Wink

awsome..  thxs
    [running_valids] => 727130
    [running_stales] => 2498
    [running_invalids] => 7484
    [lifetime_valids] => 10124341
    [lifetime_stales] => 37601
    [lifetime_invalids] => 31557

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jme621

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 01:50:08 AM

I just moved my 1.5 here, hope it works out well.
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Welcome to ABCPool jme.

asdf2121

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:18:48 AM

my ring es about 5,4  ghas  but the page always show.. 4,5 , can see?
jme621

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 07:42:45 AM

Welcome to ABCPool jme.

Forum avatars and userbars for ABCPool

does those work anymore? i went to the page it takes you to but abc not an option on the drop down
Chlorine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Chlorine - keeps your pool in top condition

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:07:03 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 10:40:35 AM by Chlorine

Welcome to ABCPool jme.

Forum avatars and userbars for ABCPool

does those work anymore? i went to the page it takes you to but abc not an option on the drop down

Hi jme,

we have asked Twmz (the owner of btcstats.net) if this is a temporary issue. We will come back to this later.

regards,
Chlorine.

ABCPool.co - Bitcoin Mining with steady rewards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33586.msg419612#msg419612

1J3ZiBDN7z9WCRYL79z3youw1Bz1buhbGu
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: