Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1423GH] ABCPool PPS - Proxy Pool For High & Steady Mining Rewards  (Read 151534 times)
Chlorine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Chlorine - keeps your pool in top condition

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:22:54 AM

the pool is having problem now !

We have a look right now.

C.

ABCPool.co - Bitcoin Mining with steady rewards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33586.msg419612#msg419612

1J3ZiBDN7z9WCRYL79z3youw1Bz1buhbGu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:51:43 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 12:56:54 PM by MintCondition

ISSUE RESOLVED: Between 09:10 and 10:20 UTC a series of malformed requests to the pool server caused it to crash repeatedly, which badly degraded service. A new version has since been deployed that can handle such malformed requests.

Service is now back to normal.

jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:16:25 PM

I've unsticked this and updated the subject to indicate that this isn't a pool (and thus its hashrate is doublecounted against the pools its actually using) but instead a hopping proxy service, as it's name is potentially misleading.
+10k, thanks gmaxwell.

With the danger current implementations of pool software bring to the bitcoin universe by introducing unnecessary centralization, I feel the last thing Bitcoin needs is pool ops playing dirty games with the miners' hash power.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:20:44 PM

Does this pool mine NameCoins or not? theres a big "?" on the Comparison of Mining Pools
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:17:04 PM

Does this pool mine NameCoins or not? theres a big "?" on the Comparison of Mining Pools

No.
redditorrex

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 07:32:12 PM

No.

Well, they hopped to Mt.Red before we knew that ABC pool was actually not a pool and just hopping other pools.

We offer NMC as do a lot of the pools they used, so they are mining NMC, but are the miners seeing it is another question. (edit: and even if the extra .0045 btc is worth it)

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:45:08 PM

No.

Well, they hopped to Mt.Red before we knew that ABC pool was actually not a pool and just hopping other pools.

We offer NMC as do a lot of the pools they used, so they are mining NMC, but are the miners seeing it is another question.
The proxy offers PPS payment with BTC at the specified rate on the web site.
That is all.
Anything else that might be generated by the proxy is not passed on to the miners.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 06:40:32 PM

No.

We offer NMC as do a lot of the pools they used, so they are mining NMC, but are the miners seeing it is another question.
The proxy offers PPS payment with BTC at the specified rate on the web site.
That is all.
Anything else that might be generated by the proxy is not passed on to the miners.
Kano and Redditorrex are right. Part of the shares solved through ABCPool include Namecoins, depending on where the work is sourced. Not all pools support Namecoin mining, as evidenced by the difference in difficulty between Bitcoin and Namecoin. And the additional income from Namecoins is indeed quite small, as Redittorrex suggests. It has been hovering around 1% for at least a month now, probably (much) longer.

ABCPool offers a competitive flat PPS rate to miners, denominated in BTC. That way our miners always know the payout they can expect.

Jine

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 08:50:32 PM

So your guys are stealing the namecoin earnings aswell? Plus fee, plus hopping earnings, plus damaging the community?

I'm not suprised... Lol.

EDIT:
I would suggest EVERYBODY to quit ABCPool and join a pool with regular mining to a low fee (for instance - btcguild or whatever, even deepbit is better for the community then this shit)

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
jake262144

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 09:13:12 PM

So your guys are stealing the namecoin earnings aswell? Plus fee, plus hopping earnings, plus damaging the community?
I would suggest EVERYBODY to quit ABCPool and join a pool with regular mining to a low fee (for instance - btcguild or whatever, even deepbit is better for the community then this shit)
That.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 09:33:30 PM

I'm not suprised... Lol.

EDIT:
They aren't stealing anything.
They are paying you what they say they will pay you.
How the hell is that stealing?

The only issue some may have had in the past is quite obviously clarified now: it's a proxy.
Which means you could be mining anywhere.

If the proxy has 10% luck are they stealing the extra 10%?
No, because they have simply stated that they are PPS and pay (currently) 98.5% PPS based on 50BTC per block.
If the proxy has -10% luck are YOU stealing from them?

If the proxy points to someone paying 105% is that stealing?
No, it's how they are making the BTC to pay what they have CLEARLY stated they will pay you.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 10:26:49 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 11:22:22 PM by Luke-Jr

FWIW, Eligius continues to offer no* fee SMPPS which has maintained the same payout as straight PPS longer than any other pool.

* There's technically a small fee in the form of legacy debug information, but it works out to so little (under 1 BTC per year from the whole pool) that it might as well be a rounding error.

jake262144

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 11:16:47 PM

... The only issue some may have had in the past is quite obviously clarified now: it's a proxy...
I see where you're coming from, Kano, but please do notice ABC have repeatedly lied and misled their miners about the nature of their pool^Wproxy:
[...] why did you guys create a new account here on the forums (2 days ago) to ask about your payments? What's wrong with your own accounts? [...]
We were indeed posting 'anonymously' using the hollyhunter account.

Using the forum accounts associated with ABCPool for communication with upstream pools could confuse our customers and potentially give away details of our business model. Details that our competitors would be very interested to know. We choose to communicate such practical matters regarding upstream pools through more anonymous forum accounts.
"Using the forum accounts associated with ABCPool for communication with upstream pools could confuse our customers and potentially give away details of our business model"?? WTF?
They used a sock-puppet profile to hide their presence in the topics concerning the pools they have been abusing.
It took a moderator to update the topic title with a warning and break the circle of lies.
If you don't mind your pool being dishonest with you by all means stay with them - just don't be surprised if some other, more serious, matter surfaces where they have been lying to you as well.

FWIW, Eligius continues to offer no fee SMPPS which has maintained the same payout as straight PPS longer than any other pool.
Yes, except the pool op is well known for using his miners' hash rate in a very cavalier fashion and denying the fact afterwards.
The only reason I migrated my miners from Eligius was your dishonesty about the whole matter, Luke - if you break the trust so easily I don't want to have anything to do with your pool.

Perhaps it's just me but I don't like being lied to.
Indeed, P2pool looks better by the hour...
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 11:24:23 PM

FWIW, Eligius continues to offer no fee SMPPS which has maintained the same payout as straight PPS longer than any other pool.
Yes, except the pool op is well known for using his miners' hash rate in a very cavalier fashion and denying the fact afterwards.
The only reason I migrated my miners from Eligius was your dishonesty about the whole matter, Luke - if you break the trust so easily I don't want to have anything to do with your pool.
Denied because it isn't true. Use whatever pool you want, but stop with the lies and FUD.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 11:50:34 PM

... The only issue some may have had in the past is quite obviously clarified now: it's a proxy...
I see where you're coming from, Kano, but please do notice ABC have repeatedly lied and misled their miners about the nature of their pool^Wproxy:
Nah my point is simply that they are not stealing from you.
If you don't like the history - that's a different issue.
It's all pretty clear what the history is now too.
However, saying that they are stealing from you ... that's bullshit.

jake262144

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:11:32 AM

Nah my point is simply that they are not stealing from you.
If you don't like the history - that's a different issue.
It's all pretty clear what the history is now too.
However, saying that they are stealing from you ... that's bullshit.
I do agree that ABC never stole a dime from their miners, I never implied otherwise.
Let's try to be compiler-grade clear and precise here Cheesy
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:20:15 AM

That.
This is of course what I was referring to.
So I guess you meant only the 2nd part then.

jake262144

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:41:02 AM

That.
This is of course what I was referring to.
So I guess you meant only the 2nd part then.
Hmmm... that quotation of mine does seem a bit botched - let's set the scope of my agreeing with Jine from the phrase "damaging the community" onward, shall we?
By damaging the community I understand feeding of those poor, unwashed and uninformed fools still mining 24/7 at prop pools  Roll Eyes
Like leaving the car unlocked and with keys in the ignition in a bad neighborhood...
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:55:49 AM

FWIW, Eligius continues to offer no* fee SMPPS which has maintained the same payout as straight PPS longer than any other pool.
Ya, but the problem with THAT would be supporting something that YOU represent...and let's face it, you are far from a perfect (let alone decent) Bitcoin Ambassador.

Now, if Gavin ran a Pool, I would be over there mining in a heartbeat......

It is however comforting to see how your pool has fallen and continues to fall from grace with it's ever dwindling overall hash rates.

Good luck in HELL.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 04:13:41 AM

Also this "pool" never stole, the problem was is that they called themselves a pool when they did not mine their own blocks. I brought this up to someone more Sr. than Maxwell over two months ago but they did not seems to care since "pool" did not have a legal meaning. I'm pretty sure Maxwell will be overruled if ABC wants to push it.

I had really been trying to stay out of posting in this thread - been reading for a while....
but wanna bring up about legalities and pools? - lmao ROFL lmao ROFL some more. but seriously- how many even acknowledge their countries laws? Most are run by anonomous nicks... with no business structure or legal framework behind them at all.

I do however belive there is an expectation in the communtity that a pool has its own bitcoind and miners shares are submitted to it - not proxied elsewhere...

I firmly believe the "top 10 pools" should be top 10 pools - not "top10 metapools, proxies and whatever else claims to have some hashrate" Smiley

gmaxwell was correct and I am yet to see the pool op mention it even though he has posted quite a few times since - guess he's comfortable with it Smiley

/my 2satoshi's worth

Best wishes
Graeme Tee

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: