Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:02:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:11:45 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 04:26:19 PM by opticalcarrier

OK Everyone, Ive created 2 new boards at nextcoin.org forums site, first a private stakeholder one for their discussion.  Can we use hallmarks with the genesis block to prove a forum account is a stakeholder?  if so, please PM me (opticalc over on nextcoin.org) with your hallmark from genesis and Ill add you to that section.

Ive also created a Stakeholder giveaway board.  DONT start a topic there unless you are a stakeholder.  I will lock your account!

Both these 2 boards are in the Projects area

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eB101

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:35:13 PM

- Overtime Question -

If we assume that stakeholders +3M will sell and spread their coins, does it increase or decrease the chances of generating blocks for non-stakeholders, supposing they don't sell theirs?
In one hand we might not see the big guys generating every other block, but on the other hand, more accounts and users would be joining and bring their part of probability in the system. We can also suppose that the new users coming in would have less coins that the non-stakeholders at this time right now, considering increasing price along the way. So how does that fit in the picture?

I think it's important for the folks here to know if their assets become more valuable over time, and will be rewarded of joining the system early, regardless of not having joined in genesis and not being a +1M or +3M stakeholder.

Thanks for anyone sharing a smart point of view on this
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:35:31 PM

Hi just a friendly suggestion on eMunie. Don't try to be a currency. All the fancy model of dynamic supply is not going to keep eMunie stable. You will just confuse users. Be in the category that make Bitcoin a success, a digital asset and payment system.

you mistake his intent.  a currency is exactly what hes going after

I am not mistaken. Just saying trying to emulate fiat currency is a mistake. Fiat currency is a financial instrument. Financial instrument is always backed by real and tangible assets. Emunie as well as Bitcoin are not backed by anything. They are digital commodities.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:46:11 PM

Can we use hallmarks with the genesis block to prove a forum account is a stakeholder?  
- not a hallmarks, but a stakeholder tokens, derived from their forumnames. And why a genesis block only? Many Nxt believers bought millions of NXTs, and they are a true stakeholders.

And creation of a closed forum is a bad idea for the cryptocurrency, better if that forum would read-only for all, except of stakeholders (allowed to post).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:15:47 PM

Hi just a friendly suggestion on eMunie. Don't try to be a currency. All the fancy model of dynamic supply is not going to keep eMunie stable. You will just confuse users. Be in the category that make Bitcoin a success, a digital asset and payment system.

you mistake his intent.  a currency is exactly what hes going after

I am not mistaken. Just saying trying to emulate fiat currency is a mistake. Fiat currency is a financial instrument. Financial instrument is always backed by real and tangible assets. Emunie as well as Bitcoin are not backed by anything. They are digital commodities.

Please inform us all on the real & tangible assets that back fiat?

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:24:30 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 06:20:27 PM by starik69

Ive also created a Stakeholder giveaway board.  DONT start a topic there unless you are a stakeholder.  I will lock your account!
Please, give step by step instruction (as if i am a whole idiot) how to confirm that i am stakeholder.  Roll Eyes
in a practical matter its ridiculous to think that someone could/would manage thousands of accounts with thousands of different secure passwords.
In a practical matter NXT network is on permanent attack of a botnet. What are you speaking about?  Huh
abctc
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:46:08 PM

I've come up with a proposed change to the mining algorithm
At the time moment the mining algorithm is not a problem. Lack of the transactions (and, subsequently, lack of the fees) is a problem. We should concentrate on a creation of a services for Nxt.

█████

laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:56:47 PM

Does anyone have problems with 0.3.18 or it's only me?

I did a test install on Centos 6 64-bit and it hangs after a few minutes.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:18:13 PM

At the time moment the mining algorithm is not a problem. Lack of the transactions (and, subsequently, lack of the fees) is a problem. We should concentrate on a creation of a services for Nxt.
Amen!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:19:55 PM

How much RAM does it have?
laowai80

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:29:57 PM

How much RAM does it have?

I was testing it on a 512 Mb vps. How much is required?

I then ran it on a debian vps, and got this error:

Code:
2013-12-12 13:24:37.434:WARN:oejs.HttpChannel:qtp255273594-56: Commit failed
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30000/30000 ms
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout.checkIdleTimeout(IdleTimeout.java:153)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout$1.run(IdleTimeout.java:50)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
2013-12-12 13:25:07.435:WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:qtp255273594-48: /nxt
java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30000/30000 ms
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.BlockingCallback.block(BlockingCallback.java:101)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.write(HttpChannel.java:734)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:307)
        at java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:75)
        at Nxt.doGet(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:696)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:526)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:568)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:221)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1110)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:453)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:183)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1044)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:199)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:109)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:459)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:229)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$1.run(AbstractConnection.java:505)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:607)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:536)
Caused by:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30000/30000 ms
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout.checkIdleTimeout(IdleTimeout.java:153)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout$1.run(IdleTimeout.java:50)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:31:21 PM

That is a logical progression of having a robust network and highly usable client. You're putting the horse before the carriage. Also, I covered some issues with fees in my proposal.

I agree.  the bigges issue, as CfB stated previously, is the stakeholder sitting on their NXT and not even running a client.  And then there are the ones that DO run their clients are getting 95% of the blocks.

Its a catch 22.  People need to realize this.  I wouldnt blame BCNxt if he just bails.  It would be his failure though.  Failure to account for human nature for the release.  Oh well, I hope he doesnt though.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

you mistake his intent.  a currency is exactly what hes going after

Please inform us all on the real & tangible assets that back fiat?

I actually tried to say back by "real and intangible assets". After Bretton Wood, some people wonder what backs the U.S$ when the gold convertibility for US$ stops. Modern currency don't need gold backing because they are backed by the government's decree to make them a legal tender and by the government's ability to impose taxes on its citizens. You could be jailed if you don't accept U.S$. It is a powerful backing I would say.
For a foreign currency to keep its relative value against $, it is backed by that countr's debt denominated in $ and the ability to export to earn $. Still, it is very costly for any country to keep a fixed exchange rate when the capital has full mobility.
Well unless, you can make a certain nation to adopt eMu, you are in dreamland if you think it could act as a currency.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
abctc
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:43:24 PM

- both of my VPSs are on Centos 6 64-bit, and they run v.0.3.18 over 24h without problems.

█████

laowai80

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:45:47 PM

- both of my VPSs are on Centos 6 64-bit, and they run v.0.3.18 over 24h without problems.

Yeah, got to be something local here.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:47:29 PM

Nxt news thread now live!
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,582.0.html

So I finally opened a news thread were all the latest news and client updates will be posted, for those that don't have the time to read pages and pages on this thread to find out whats going on.
Please take a look and let me know what you think about it Smiley

PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:50:04 PM

Nice analysis.

Have ppl thought that many are *trying* to run the client like me with no results?

Mine for example is not updating the blocks and my wallet still shows zero when in the block explorer is ok.

I don't have ports closed and I have downloaded the blocks. I would reeeally like to help and run the client.

I say it again as I am a java developer. Its the first time I have seen so many bugs and a release so unprofessional. BCnext should get more people developing or hire or whatever. clever idea not enough implementation.
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:50:11 PM

eMunie promise of keeping its value stable is not credible because they don't have the ability and means to do do. Since when people selling eMu en mass, they have to have a huge reserve of dollar to back the money up otherwise its price against dollar will have to fall. They won't be able to do that.

When people decide to sell eMunie on mass all creation of new coins stops right away. Also the foundation will be backed up by several million dollars to do some initial regulation to stabilize the price in the first weeks.

It has to be understood that in any market price has always been acting as a necessary signal to guide the behavior of the market participants. For example: with bitcoin market if you are holding 100 bitcoin, when the price of bitcoin raising you would be inclined to sell them to more willing buyer, but when the price falls by half, you may decide to keep them all since you evaluate that the potential of the bitcoin is higher than the bitcoin's price right now. All bitcoin market participants follow the same process using the current price as signal as if they are many ships and liners following the lighthouse to reach the shore  The true price is discovered organically.
Now you don't have the price signal here so the price of eMunie is artificially kept up. This is going to be a mess

Of course you have the price signal. The fiat/emunie exchange is buildin into the system, and the system can react accordingly to stabilize the price while keeping up with demand.

Radix - just imagine
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:58:40 PM

Fiat is backed up by real assets? Greece alone has over 300 billion € public debt (after two cuts) backed up by rainbows and unicorns. And even with that the € becomes stronger every week.

Radix - just imagine
Pablito89

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

Why i got 1 incoming transaction (200coin) confirmed 1800 times and 0.00 balance?
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: