Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
swartzfeger

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

Right now NXT is mostly vaporware. What are you going to market? "Second generation cryptocurrency" slogan? This sounds like bullshit straight from Quarkcoin's "next generation crypto-currency".
Everybody in the altcoin market heard the promises already, back in December.

The news about working features will spread by itself. 

Alias System is not vaporware but ppl still don't use it. Are we waiting for a bright cold day in April?..

CfB, is alias exchanging/selling being implemented with the AE test on February 11?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:01:52 PM

CfB, is alias exchanging/selling being implemented with the AE test on February 11?

No
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:02:34 PM

Guys, sorry for the super silly question. I read every post here but when i saw that FC was promoting NEM i ignored every post in which i see "NEM". Now i see that Utopianfuture is responsible for NEM and most of the active people here are in the staheholders' list of NEM (are they really? Anon? Come-from-beyond?). Will NEM have the same features like Nxt (especially transparent forging)? And the only difference will be the community and developers? I know I gotta be missing something and i sound silly but i have to ask. Thank you for the response!

NEM is a clone of Nxt created by Nxt insiders.   So rather than improving on Nxt,  these folks have decided to fork a clone of Nxt.
With a "fairer" distribution stategy (in principle), u used to be very keen on fairness, as I recall.

NEX does not involve Nxt insiders.  
nex seems to involve almost no-one. Love your dev thread, btw
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398461.msg4956801#msg4956801[/i]

So Nxt folks condone NEM efforts because they are all buddies with them.
And maybe because no-one on the NEM project has vowed to destroy NXT ? And we r buddies, u got some?

Nxt folks however take great efforts to criticize NEX because NEX folks aren't Nxt insiders.
If u remember, FCs, you were the one who started this game.....

Italics are  mine, natch.

@eMule: u missed a great chance to kill NXT in the last 24 hours. One good hard dump from u could have started a panic sell, if u dumped hard like u are always promising us.
Are u ever going to back up your talk with just a little bit of action?

ok now i am piss off, i didnt want to kill next out of respect for the creators, but now i will dump it to hell.

BUT on my terms and my timeline!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:03:58 PM

Critical bug disclosure

Few days ago the guy who found a vulnerability in Blockchain.Info and picked the secret phrase of Nxt genesis account found a security flaw in NRS cryptographic algorithm.

I can't explain details of the flaw, coz it's out of my area of expertise. U can contact him directly via nextcoin.org forum.

I'm the guy.  I just created a thread providing more technical details https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3884.0.html and to answer questions.  I don't really check this forum/thread so posting there is the best way to reach me.

Huge respect to you. I'm gonna send some NXT to your "ransom" account once I'm comfortable running the client. Thank you for this.

Should be warning that we shouldn't be too quick with implementing "turing complete" language. That thing could (probably will)  have security implications  

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:04:59 PM

Guys, sorry for the super silly question. I read every post here but when i saw that FC was promoting NEM i ignored every post in which i see "NEM". Now i see that Utopianfuture is responsible for NEM and most of the active people here are in the staheholders' list of NEM (are they really? Anon? Come-from-beyond?). Will NEM have the same features like Nxt (especially transparent forging)? And the only difference will be the community and developers? I know I gotta be missing something and i sound silly but i have to ask. Thank you for the response!

NEM is a clone of Nxt created by Nxt insiders.   So rather than improving on Nxt,  these folks have decided to fork a clone of Nxt.
With a "fairer" distribution stategy (in principle), u used to be very keen on fairness, as I recall.

And maybe because no-one on the NEM project has vowed to destroy NXT ? And we r buddies, u got some?

Nxt folks however take great efforts to criticize NEX because NEX folks aren't Nxt insiders.

@eMule: u missed a great chance to kill NXT in the last 24 hours. One good hard dump from u could have started a panic sell, if u dumped hard like u are always promising us.

ok now i am piss off, i didnt want to kill next out of respect for the creators, but now i will dump it to hell.

That will be fine, but just post it here so we know the time and date to buy it cheap Smiley

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:05:06 PM

Do we have a thread for those who deserve Dev Bounties from unclaimed Nxt?  I recommend the following allocation for dev:

QBTC (nxtcrypto) - 100k
Passion_LTC (Nxtvote, Nxtion, etc) - 150k
l8oore (asset exchange) - 200k

We can add to these amounts in the future for ongoing projects.

Also, should I even bother with the crypto algo review?  Sounds like Jesse James can help us with that.  On that note I recommend a 250k bounty for Jesse James from unclaimed dev Nxt.  If we still want a crypto review, I can use 10 BTC from my own wallet, but I need a very clear and concise response on what we specifically need from someone reviewing the algo.

very generous thank you msin!

Pin, can you start a poll for sending unclaimed Nxt to the people above?

sure I would like to help but I am a kind of jobless since there is an unclaimed coins commitee. They decide and pay out the unclaimed coins.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

What is the impact if this is changed?  Will some folks lose access to their accounts?

U mad bro? read full post FUD generator.

That is a serious question.  If the algorithm that hashes the secret phrase is changed, then obviously it will affect some accounts.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:06:19 PM

Do we have a thread for those who deserve Dev Bounties from unclaimed Nxt?  I recommend the following allocation for dev:

QBTC (nxtcrypto) - 100k
Passion_LTC (Nxtvote, Nxtion, etc) - 150k

Also, should I even bother with the crypto algo review?  Sounds like Jesse James can help us with that.  On that note I recommend a 250k bounty for Jesse James from unclaimed dev Nxt.  If we still want a crypto review, I can use 10 BTC from my own wallet, but I need a very clear and concise response on what we specifically need from someone reviewing the algo.

very generous thank you msin!

Pin, can you start a poll for sending unclaimed Nxt to the people above?

is the asset exchange up and running now?  should that one wait?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:07:13 PM

sure I would like to help but I am a kind of jobless since there is an unclaimed coins commitee. They decide and pay out the unclaimed coins.

Make sure it's not a poll but rather a thread where people (not sockpuppets) post their vote.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:10:04 PM

Make sure it's not a poll but rather a thread where people (not sockpuppets) post their vote.
Or use the voting site...

http://nxtvote.com/

Set up some hard parameters, sockpuppetry can be reduced to a minimum.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
minusbalancer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:10:46 PM

I would like to see an asset exchange in action... cause i was going to implement it.
Since it is already done not sure if i will have to do so.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:12:03 PM

I don't understand how people still get excited over a new alt-coin that does not offer anything new. Apparently most people think "new" means simply switching the block time and hashing algo, and all of a sudden you have "innovation". Out of hundreds of cryptocurrencies, there are only a handful that actually offer anything new, and maxcoin is not one of them.

Although, I suppose if I had a huge collection of GPUs, I'd be excited to make $k's of cash every time a new coin came out so I could mine and dump immediately... a sobering reminder that most miners don't care if they are securing the network, only that they are lining their pockets.

Which does bring me to my point - we need to market to a slightly different demographic. Marketing to those already invest in PoW coins is an inefficient use of resources, because if they can't mine it, they are not interested. Of course there are always exceptions, but if the accusations of "nxt is pre-mined!" are any indicator, most of the complaints are in-fact from miners. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to convert those invested in bitcoin and clones (we should, and we already are with LTB), but they should not be our main focus.

We need to be attracting people who are actually interested in innovation and smart investments. This means our focus is not on the majority of the cryptocurrency crowd, but on tech and business oriented people (Forbes, IEEE, universities, etc). We just have to present NXT in a manner that is easy to understand and why it completely blows all other coins out of the water. Right now is not quite the right time, but when nexern releases his client (along with the AE), we should have a very simple to install client as well as be able to show off the power of decentralized exchanges. We should not market to raise the price of NXT, but market to recruit talent and smart investors that will contribute (and not just ride the wave) to the NXT ecosystem. The price will rise as a side effect of the cumulative contribution. NXT is the only cryptocurrency platform that allows an exponentially growing ecosystem due to BCNext's decentralized vision - the rest of the coins are limited to what their developers can put out - NXT is unlimited.

+1 as I said in another thread about NXT in the alt section...

I doubt you'll find much love for NXT here.

The real scammers are the people mining coins. Bitcoin creates a $Billion a year in new coins that go to
Miners with the most expensive rigs instead of back to the users.

Miners sucking all that money out of the economy and all you get is centralised mining pools controlled by the city of London at the end of it.

Nxt pays fees back to the users, and the fees are small, you'll probably only earn like a tiny % a year on your NXT so the people with lots of NXT would make boatloads more in a bank account than fees they earn from NXT. They only benefit if NXT is useful and popular.

As for IPO? How well was Bitcoin distributed in the beginning? For the first two years Satoshi controlled obscene % of Bitcoin.

+-70 founders is more than most new companies I can think off.

And at least now there's NO inflation, unlike the 10% in Bitcoin that goes to multi-millionaire miners, worse than most fiat currencies.

Plus NXT does everything better and faster than Bitcoin.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:12:19 PM

Emule, are you rapping?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:14:17 PM

Hey, the FCs have managed to change some of the colours on their nex client. The black top bar on NXT is now orange in nex.
Big improvement, must invest.

@FC (or anyone who knows) wtf is a GHOST protocol ? Or an OldBlue specification ? Just curious....

Read the whitepapers on the GHOST protocol and the OldBlue protocol.   Links are on www.nexcoin.net  

FYI, Nxt doesn't employ either GHOST protocol or the OldBlue protocol.

You aren't technical so I doubt you'll understand the significance of these two papers.   Stick to critcizing the colors of a UI.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:18:52 PM

Ok it is a vote by objection.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453935.new#new

Pin

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:20:31 PM

NXT Vote on Transaction Fees seems no longer discussed.  So... my final tally:

Fee AmountVotes

Mean: 0.184870983870968
Median: 0.1
Mode: 0.1

Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akjrt0LTBXgcdFFkSGMwXzd4Q2NPU21yU2NOYWVldlE&usp=sharing

This marks the end of my tally.  If someone else wants to continue, I can give permissions on the google doc.  Send me a PM.

Cheers!

I didn't see the announcement to vote.

What's you opinion on that?

I think NXT tx fees should track BTC transaction fees... around 9 cents.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

Read the whitepapers on the GHOST protocol and the OldBlue protocol.   Links are on www.nexcoin.net  

You aren't technical so I doubt you'll understand the significance of these two papers.   Stick to critcizing the colors of a UI.

As for now NXT doesn't need GHOST, if it will, it probably will be added.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Ola

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

Random: In my research for current project for nxt I think I found Bcnext..In a 2012 thread he referenced a blockchain based coin he had been working on since 2010 with 1000tps, low cpu resource usage and parallel / meta chains...he also uses two spaces after a period coincidence??! thing is I don't think would be my place to disclose this information....

so the real question is satoshi ==bcnext??

I will give only one hint in phrase form if cfb promises to say yay or nay to the hint.

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:25:11 PM

Hey, the FCs have managed to change some of the colours on their nex client. The black top bar on NXT is now orange in nex.
Big improvement, must invest.

@FC (or anyone who knows) wtf is a GHOST protocol ? Or an OldBlue specification ? Just curious....

You aren't technical so I doubt you'll understand the significance of these two papers.   Stick to critcizing the colors of a UI.
That answers my question, FCs, and, yeah, I am aware of my limitations.
Still, nice orange, bro, can see why you'd be so proud.

Jesus, that nex logo on nexcoin is awful  . Change it mate, offer a bounty, just.....get rid of it. Really.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:26:15 PM

"A clone headed up by a troll",  so what do you call the 40 BTC that the NEM folks already raised for development??!

Are they really going to come up with something?

Are you with your NEX?

If the answer is yes, then the same could apply to NEM. But then there is the matter of your reputation, better: the lack of reputation...  Grin

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: