Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 [1653] 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:46:41 PM

The homepages we currently have are not so userfreiendly and contain too much information for Avarage Joe.

NXTclient.org Smiley

I don´t think it´s a problem if we have the same landing page (or different landingpages) on several domains. The most important thing is to allow newcomers to get on the boat easier.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

Just got off the phone with the guy who is going to develop payment modules for Nxt.

He has found someone willing to host a dedicated server to check transactions for merchants and is now going to plan his module and the checking system.

The system will of course be open source. Merchants will have to register with the node to be able to query it and can then have an automated way to check if payments have been made.

The first module will be made for Wordpress as most people can easily set it up with woocommerce to start shops/services.

The next step will be to port it to all other major open source platforms.

We will probably be able to present the plan for review end of the weekend so you can all take pot shots at it.  Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:46:56 PM

BTW: testnet is soooooooooo sloooooow cant even test.

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:48:08 PM

HELP NEEDED TO CREATE A LANDING PAGE!

I have registered startnxt.com (and startnxt.net) and would like to create a landing page! I am looking for a designer who will help me to create a simple, but sexy landing page for new users. We have a few clients (including the web client of wesleyh!), a few functions (aliases, AE, transparent forging), two forums and a few other nxt homepages with different onformationsets which needs to be introduced to new Nxters.

The homepages we currently have are not so userfreiendly and contain too much information for Avarage Joe. I want to have a 1-pager, where the user is guided through all the functions of Nxt when he is scrolling down. I don´t want to have too much information (nor too much text, I prefer graphics) on the page, but all the graphics should be clickable and should link to other sites where the user has access to more information (a link to http://info.nxtcrypto.org/ or to the wiki for example).

The focus needs to be on the graphics, not on the information, as this page would only work as a landing page from where the user can navigate to other pages where he can have access to more detailed infos.

I too have thought this is very important and have been considering registering new2nxt.com as the jump page.  If you can get this implemented in the next 2 weeks I would like to get it on biz cards to hand out at the Texas conference.

I'm doing this already with BitVenturer.  Cool

mcjavar

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:49:47 PM

I have registered startnxt.com (and startnxt.net) and would like to create a landing page! I am looking for a designer who will help me to create a simple, but sexy landing page for new users. We have a few clients (including the web client of wesleyh!), a few functions (aliases, AE, transparent forging), two forums and a few other nxt homepages with different onformationsets which needs to be introduced to new Nxters.

The homepages we currently have are not so userfreiendly and contain too much information for Avarage Joe. I want to have a 1-pager, where the user is guided through all the functions of Nxt when he is scrolling down. I don´t want to have too much information (nor too much text, I prefer graphics) on the page, but all the graphics should be clickable and should link to other sites where the user has access to more information (a link to http://info.nxtcrypto.org/ or to the wiki for example).

The focus needs to be on the graphics, not on the information, as this page would only work as a landing page from where the user can navigate to other pages where he can have access to more detailed infos.

I too have thought this is very important and have been considering registering new2nxt.com as the jump page.  If you can get this implemented in the next 2 weeks I would like to get it on biz cards to hand out at the Texas conference.

Do you have some screenshots/graphics how it will look like?
Could we put it up on my domain too, if it´s what I am looking for?

do you need some help?
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:49:57 PM

With specific clients or with all clients?

Think my online version is pretty fast. At least in my browser, it may be that your browser is restricting the maximum number of concurrent requests.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:50:55 PM

Here's my Nxt client, still in development, you may find some bugs, but wanted to show off this version:

(Btw, totally untested in IE, better use a different browser if you find UI quirks there).

http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

As you'll see it's a web client. It is my hope that this might one day replace the official NRS web client now seen at http://localhost:7874 but that is up to Jean-Luc and CFB to decide.

I chose HTML/JS as the programming language because it has a few advantages:

- Source is just a click away (right click the page > view source)
- It's easy - lots of people know javascript and HTML - this means multiple people can work on this together.
- It's cross compatible and runs on any device.

I will be making a 1 click installer for linux/windows/mac later on as well.

For now it runs on my server, since it connects to the test network, there is no worry concerning passwords. Do not use your real account password.

I hope you appreciate this effort, if you do - my Nxt id is: 8189784314684138350

Here are some screenshots:

This webclient is so cool wesley! Big-big respect for your work!

Now, that we have a lot of functionalities and clients, we would need a simple landing page for the new users to access all these tools and functions. What do you need? I am ready to offer some bounty for a designer achieving this and would pay for the domain and hosting for 10 years.

I am constructing a Nxt navigation Website,the domain has been registered,www.nxt123.info or www.nxtcrypto.com

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

Nice, this on nxt.org will be really cool! Best possible domain
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:51:43 PM

I too have thought this is very important and have been considering registering new2nxt.com as the jump page.  If you can get this implemented in the next 2 weeks I would like to get it on biz cards to hand out at the Texas conference.

I'm doing this already with BitVenturer.  Cool

Do you have some screenshots/graphics how it will look like?
Could we put it up on my domain too, if it´s what I am looking for?

do you need some help?

I can't say anything yet. Sorry. I'm not working on this alone, so I still have to discuss a few things with BitVenturer.

More info on the weekend.

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:52:00 PM

Battle of the domains?  Cheesy

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:52:06 PM

Think my online version is pretty fast. At least in my browser, it may be that your browser is restricting the maximum number of concurrent requests.

testing marcus03 client now, I dont know if it is the client or NRS

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:53:18 PM

Battle of the domains?  Cheesy

Simply the best possible domain possible.  Shocked

marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

testing marcus03 client now, I dont know if it is the client or NRS

What specifically is slow?

Downloading the complete BC on testnet does take really long.
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:54:47 PM

I too have thought this is very important and have been considering registering new2nxt.com as the jump page.  If you can get this implemented in the next 2 weeks I would like to get it on biz cards to hand out at the Texas conference.

Count me in on this effort as my full-time input on NXT between now and the Texas conference.  This is of critical importance in bringing new users into the fold.   I will assist in generating text / identifying URLS etc. but unfortunately my web design skills are non-existent.  I just checked and the new2nxt.com/net/org domain names are all wide open.  I personally would really prefer this to startnxt - mcjavar, what do you think about this?  Passion/BV - where is a sample of your card design?  
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:56:52 PM

Battle of the domains?  Cheesy

Simply the best possible domain possible.  Shocked

I am not at all sure the NXT community was successful in getting the nxt domain.  
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:59:21 PM

Count me in on this effort as my full-time input on NXT between now and the Texas conference.  This is of critical importance in bringing new users into the fold.   I will assist in generating text / identifying URLS etc. but unfortunately my web design skills are non-existent.  I just checked and the new2nxt.com/net/org domain names are all wide open.  I personally would really prefer this to startnxt - mcjavar, what do you think about this?  Passion/BV - where is a sample of your card design?  

Will deliver on sunday. It will be made with bootstrap, similiar to bitcoin.org, very simple yet beautiful. We still need to check the financings..

But we definitely need help with the english textes, russian and german is no problem.

mcjavar

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:00:20 PM

Count me in on this effort as my full-time input on NXT between now and the Texas conference.  This is of critical importance in bringing new users into the fold.   I will assist in generating text / identifying URLS etc. but unfortunately my web design skills are non-existent.  I just checked and the new2nxt.com/net/org domain names are all wide open.  I personally would really prefer this to startnxt - mcjavar, what do you think about this?  Passion/BV - where is a sample of your card design? 

I am more than open to anything. I just want to make it easier for newcomers to get along with nxt as it is very complicated now to start and the homapges (with due respect to all people working on nxt related sites) are far too complicated and the new users are overwhelmed by the way too much information popping up at the homapages. I want to grant an overview and a guide into the world of nxt Smiley
I am ready to invest from my own pocket and will do it with an "offline" graphic designer if there are no designers around here.
mcjavar

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

Count me in on this effort as my full-time input on NXT between now and the Texas conference.  This is of critical importance in bringing new users into the fold.   I will assist in generating text / identifying URLS etc. but unfortunately my web design skills are non-existent.  I just checked and the new2nxt.com/net/org domain names are all wide open.  I personally would really prefer this to startnxt - mcjavar, what do you think about this?  Passion/BV - where is a sample of your card design?  

Will deliver on sunday. It will be made with bootstrap, similiar to bitcoin.org, very simple yet beautiful. We still need to check the financings..

But we definitely need help with the english textes, russian and german is no problem.

bitcoin.org has too much text for me. I would prefer more graphics and less texts.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:02:34 PM

I am constructing a Nxt navigation website,and the domain name has been registeredwww.nxtcrypto.com.
So plz list your website and category or function here,I will collect ,classify these websites ,and list all of them for Nxters easy to reach every website of Nxt.

Thanks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:02:56 PM

Count me in on this effort as my full-time input on NXT between now and the Texas conference.  This is of critical importance in bringing new users into the fold.   I will assist in generating text / identifying URLS etc. but unfortunately my web design skills are non-existent.  I just checked and the new2nxt.com/net/org domain names are all wide open.  I personally would really prefer this to startnxt - mcjavar, what do you think about this?  Passion/BV - where is a sample of your card design? 

bitcoin.org has too much text for me. I would prefer more graphics and less texts.

Maybe we are working on different sites then. Ours will be the bitcoin.org of Nxt.

Pages: « 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 [1653] 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: