Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I stop panic selling cryptocurrency?  (Read 2119 times)
drukoz2

Activity: 395
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:22:02 PM

It is rather inherent to inexperienced investors when they are not yet sure of bitcoin, and each drawdown seems to them an inevitable end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:32:14 PM

It is very difficult to convince newcomers that the fall in prices, the fluctuation is normal, it's just a feature of bitcoin. And still a lot of people in panic sell bitcoin in the fall of prices... I can't fight it.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:45:20 PM

The question itself is the answer “PANIC”.

Everyone knows cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and risky.
And most of the people do emotional trading.
They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

What is the point in selling at low?
One must wait for the market to turn green and bullish.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.
The doctor says don’t put your arm overhead Grin

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.

Totally agree, but I think that panic is characteristic for people who have no enough experience, if person is aware of crypto trends he/she will not that it is very silly thing to sell when the price is low, and the situation will recover anyway.
Agree with you most panic seller are new users, experienced and wise investors never sell at panic price, I think before investing it is good to make proper research about investment of bitcoin and then go for investing, no situation remains permanent in bitcoin investment as rise and fall happens, so don’t worry if price fell down as when it increased then it increase thousands of dollars.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:48:26 PM

The best way stop panic selling to me is to stop listening to fake news and also stop logging in to coinmarketcap  to the price.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:51:58 PM

One thing that stops me from selling at a lower price is the regret that I may feel when I see the coin rise at a particular time after selling. To avoid panic selling, you have to do a lot of research on the project. Check their roadmaps, weekly updates and YouTube videos to know how effective the project is likely to be.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
meandmrjones

Activity: 131
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:57:28 PM

Since last week, I've lost %10 of my total holdings (btc-wise) and its counting.
I will never sell because selling means losing. I still didn't take the loss, coins will go back up sooner or later anyway!

Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:58:55 PM

A core view into panic selling is the shallow believe and understanding people have of the Cryptocurrency markets in the first place; somehow they still have their doubts about the investment they made. If there is believe and grounded knowledge then you will be so sure and not moved to panic selling irrespective of the level of FUD going on around.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:04:04 PM

The best way to avoid this type of panic sales is through a well-designed strategy to manage our cryptocurrencies based on a set of well-established rules to which we must stick at all times. In this way we avoid overreacting our emotions.

For example, if I buy bitcoins at $10,000 and I can afford a 50% loss, I would set my stop loss at $5,000, and nothing would take me away from that plan even if the world fell around me.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:26:12 PM

I quickly stopped panic selling after I started to watch the market carefully. You should stop thinking about the price, try to focus on Bitcoin capabilities. if you won't believe that Bitcoin should be able to become more valuable in the future thanks to the growing adoption then you will continue to panic sell whenever Bitcoin price starts to decrease again. Ask yourself a question: Why did I even buy Bitcoin?

PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:27:35 PM

Yeahh please stop! You are hurting cryptocurrency by that. Your pannic selling will getvthe price of cryptocurrency down and will lead to it's crash since the demand is decreasing.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:31:59 PM

The only reason to sell at a loss is if you cannot afford to lose the remaining money. Many people have this problem. Sometimes panic is justified.
THATBTC

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:52:56 PM

They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.

hahahahha my best recommend is, trust in ur heart, and don't look back xD

really everything can happen, but it is a fact that the tendency is to always rise, since it is the future
atutay

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:58:25 PM

What you can do is set a specific profit percentage and then sell your coin. After selling, buy at a lower price or buy another coin which you know has a good potential then do the same steps again. By doing that, you are gaining profit even though it is not max profit, still you have a specific target and you don't have to panic sell.
sana gull

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:59:07 PM

Since last week, I've lost %10 of my total holdings (btc-wise) and its counting.
I will never sell because selling means losing. I still didn't take the loss, coins will go back up sooner or later anyway!

If you are holding your coins its mean that yet you have nothing lost, i think that if the price once fell down then there is no use to sell your coin in such a law price, in fact it is the nature of the crypto market that after every downfall the price always recover its position and therefore we should try to stay calm and hold our coins for some good time.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:05:43 PM

Well, all you need to do is just simply stay calm and don't let your emotions drive your decision making. Just hold still with your crypto's as this is the usual drill wherein it will be back on track again.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:05:54 PM

its depends on your needs mate yes your right the holder can answer the question how stop panicking selling their  investment
do not listen the fud news is unhealthy those holding some coins fuid are making panic nothing wrong listening news but need to learn ananlyst it is true or fake news.

Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:09:07 PM

Panic is one of the common diseases suffered by bitcoin holders for fear of losses in the can. Maybe if you study bitcoin further I'm sure you will not get too freaked out because you've started to understand about bitcoin. And you also have to know the risks if you invest in bitcoin because it will always make you panic.
jetjet

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:13:58 PM

panic selling contribute more on the downfall of tje price... newbies should make a  research first before engaging into crypto transaction.. i fell some pity for those who have sell their coin  even if they will loss their investment..  they are on the wrong direction.. they lack knowledge to the crypto world.
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:41:55 PM

I think that you are worried because you do not believe in the future of crypto-currencies, which is wrong. You can stop nervous if you took all the risks and just watch the price!

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:52:42 PM

Probably best advice for newbies who just wants out and more coins for us to buy at a lower price. So might as well panic sell and cut your losses for us so we can pick off where you left. Thanks for the cheap coins. But if you want profit, OP is right. Just hodl.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: