Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:04:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I stop panic selling cryptocurrency?  (Read 2119 times)
DjTremor

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:33:02 AM

I think each of one gets to panic in the first place or when we are newbies here. I can't deny in the past that when some bad situation happens on my investment. I always think of selling it because i know my investment will be down by a large percent. Panic selling always lead to bad situation like losing half of my money because sometimes after selling it the price recover quickly or slower but the important thing is the price recover. On my side, when i was new here i always trade with emotion and this is bad because when i panic i sold quickly for a 5% to 10% loss then after a couple of hours or days it came back. I think we must set aside our feelings towards investing so we don't do panic selling.

Numbers are important but controlling our brain, mind and psychology is a bit more important to stop panic selling.

A strong psychology is the key of success for the successful performance of investment. People should learn how to take themselves under their own control without getting affected by external effects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GelsoAM

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:33:46 AM

It's hard. trust me, even pros still get trouble with this situation because they are still a person and a person makes mistakes and it's normal but you can lessen it with experience and time.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:49:03 AM

I think each of one gets to panic in the first place or when we are newbies here. I can't deny in the past that when some bad situation happens on my investment. I always think of selling it because i know my investment will be down by a large percent. Panic selling always lead to bad situation like losing half of my money because sometimes after selling it the price recover quickly or slower but the important thing is the price recover. On my side, when i was new here i always trade with emotion and this is bad because when i panic i sold quickly for a 5% to 10% loss then after a couple of hours or days it came back. I think we must set aside our feelings towards investing so we don't do panic selling.
It depends on the amount that how much we can afford too lose because most of the traders can't afford to all their investment capital that is why they want to save their capital atleast by selling at lower price.But for the people who follow the basic rule of crypto investment that never invest more than you can afford to lose can easily hold the coin anyway.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
tegaisaffluent

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:08:24 PM

The innovative technology behind Cryptocurrencies present investors with the opportunity to make high returns, but it comes at a high risk. Due to its global decentralised nature, with little to no regulation, it is the wild west of investment, and it is easy to lose money. By trading Crypto, there is no guarantee you will make money because it is a highly volatile market, which, while sharing the characteristics of the stock market, is decentralised, unregulated, subject to manipulation and highly unstable. To stop panic selling, get familiar with technical analysis
Detractors, like technical analysis to reading entrails to tell the future, reading the charts makes for better calls. You analyze historical data and make more logical predictions on what the price might do next. If you’re trading short to mid-term there’s no point in getting emotionally attached to a coin, you buy in, extract value, and get out before it dips.  Set stop-limit orders. Hedge, HODL You can’t be everywhere at once and see the past, present, and future, all in one go. You can set alerts and so you know when a coin is dipping or rallying but look, that will only get you so far. Some trading opportunities will slip through the cracks while you’re out having a life. So it’s a good idea to hold a portion of your profits and go long.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:21:00 PM

See in every part of our income we still, panic about the market because while it is going down we will bother whether the price can be recovered or not. You need to strong because your investment should work for you, in this way, you have to choose the right coin for giving profits to you. If you cannot control better stay away from the market.
Panpan66L

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

There is few answers to that question in my opinion. Try to tell each time to yourself, that you will regret if you`ll do this again.
Firdausiii

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

The question itself is the answer “PANIC”.

Everyone knows cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and risky.
And most of the people do emotional trading.
They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

What is the point in selling at low?
One must wait for the market to turn green and bullish.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.
The doctor says don’t put your arm overhead Grin

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.

Panic selling cannot be avoid if we are on the urgent of need some money.
for example someone want to buy some coin to make money by selling it later when price is high.
then later the price turn out to be falling and they decide to cut their loss because they need their money.

This method is very powerful to overcome the panic caused by lack of information about market conditions. I overcame it by reading all the media and news about cryptocurrency. One of them definitely gives an explanation of the market price, so we can consider holding or arranging transactions and will not panic due to unstable market conditions
GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:53:32 PM

actually if you already know your provit, you will be calm and accustomed to sell it. if you sell when you are at a loss you will surely panic
TheDarkRide

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:36:31 PM

The way to stop panic while our portfolio down is by stop watching the market. Find other stuff to make us busy therefore we can calm down with our investment and come back to the market few days later.
beverly788113

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:59:17 PM

Nobody can blame you from panicking dear friend. After all it's your investment that you were protecting. The only advise i could give you, is you should totally refrain yourself from looking at news about crypto. The Cryptocurrency Asset's Digital Price is Fluctuating, The price goes up and down quickly and anytime, so before we join here we should already know that. so when the price goes down we do not feel panic, let alone by selling the coins we hold
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:59:33 PM

That is true because those newbies are very scared to lose money and not all of them are built and born to be a holder of this kind of things so the more they lose money the more they will decided to sell because for them there is no chances to win that money back plus those rumors that brainwashing those newbies they will definitely gonna sell because of that thing. That's a good idea though, it's always been easy to say not to sell bitcoins when the price of low, that this hapoens naturally, that we have to wait until the price goes high
harriette

Activity: 173
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:59:48 PM

It can be said that until December last year bitcoin was sold very rarely, so its value was constantly growing. Therefore, it was really used as a means of accumulating value, that is, as digital gold. I guess it is better to hold your cryptocurrencies and wait, if you have more extra fiat money it is also better and wiser to buy more of it and wait until it rises again for your own good opportunities in future
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:00:33 PM

in my opinion to stop the panic that you experience better you do not see or open the conditions of the exchange, you better close the existing exchange place because if you still open it seems you are increasingly affected market conditions and make you panic.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

Newbies mostly experience this situation and sometimes even professional traders also do this mistake. But only you can find solution to this problem. You should discover what can stop you from panic selling. For instance, not looking at the prices again and again worked a lot for me. Whenever the market falls we know that prices will be low. Looking at prices again and again can force to me sell my investments out of fear of losing more. Therefore, I avoid checking the prices again and again. You will gradually lessen this with experience also.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:59:02 PM

The question itself is the answer “PANIC”.

Everyone knows cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and risky.
And most of the people do emotional trading.
They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

What is the point in selling at low?
One must wait for the market to turn green and bullish.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.
The doctor says don’t put your arm overhead Grin

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.
Lack of patience is the reason why you are still doing panic selling. It is not okay to do panicking because we will experience losses. We can't earn many bitcoins from trading if we are always panicking.

Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:09:52 PM

Panic is one of the common diseases suffered by bitcoin holders for fear of losses in the can. Maybe if you study bitcoin further I'm sure you will not get too freaked out because you've started to understand about bitcoin. And you also have to know the risks if you invest in bitcoin because it will always make you panic.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:10:28 AM

If you have panic than you have violated rule number 1 - don't invest money you cant afford to loose. And you better now change your portfolio. I hear people mortgage houses to buy bitcoin...so stupid
Bianxee

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:30:16 AM

If you have panic than you have violated rule number 1 - don't invest money you cant afford to loose. And you better now change your portfolio. I hear people mortgage houses to buy bitcoin...so stupid
That was the most stupid thing i ever heard, you do not need to mortgage your house just to have money for buying bitcoins. This kind of people are mostly novice who doesn't know the actual risk of losing it. If you can't stop panic leave trading or uninstall your monitoring apps so you wouldn't see the price.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:52:02 AM

you can stop panic selling of cryptocurrency only by control the emotion and one thing put in mind that this market will come up back again and wait for little time then you can get success to panic sales,
Riskiagung2425

Activity: 340

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

You should do research first before investing so as not to panic when the price drops. Learn the cycle of the coin and prepare your mental whatever happens so as not to lose much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: