Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:54:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I stop panic selling cryptocurrency?  (Read 2119 times)
EditorK (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:49:54 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2018, 08:01:33 AM by EditorK

The question itself is the answer “PANIC”.

Everyone knows cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and risky.
And most of the people do emotional trading.
They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

What is the point in selling at low?
One must wait for the market to turn green and bullish.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.
The doctor says don’t put your arm overhead Grin

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SellBuyAcc

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:09:04 AM

Most of the panic sellers are those who are just newbies in the business or trading, and most specially if they do not know any knowledge on bitcoin at all. They are just going with the flow even if do not get the profit from what they invested. That is why.
CrKedd4

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:16:30 AM

if you are faced with the problem of course the best option is to sell in comparison to save because it is in need of money even though you know bitcoin prices down so dratis and very difficult to consider
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:16:56 AM

First things first you have to stop to play with emotions and play with your mind that you have. Easiest thing is to make the plan and follow that plan that you have made. Even if you feel like selling try to follow it, because those that play with emotions lose it in this trading world. Another tactic is to have your coins in the paper wallet hidden somewhere and make it a big effort for you to go pick the paper wallet expose private key and then send the funds to an exchange to be able to swap the m. Because the more effort you need to put to do some action the less you ou want to do it. So these are some simple ways that are hope will help you.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:20:08 AM

Most people who are new to cryptocurrency are mostly doing this because of fear of losing more profit because they bought at the very peak price and when a correction happen, they just sell because of they are afraid to lose. We know most investors sells when correction happened that's why newbies tend to sell too because of the trend. I think if you have really research and understood about your investment, you can control yourself of panic selling. Also, you can stop reading news about crypto if you can't handle it.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:21:40 AM

They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.

In my own opinion, for you to stop panicing in selling bitcoin, you must have a calm mind. Focus yourself that you need to earn a high profit but it needs a long time. You must have patience in waiting for the price to rise up. Then you must know some news about the price daily for you to know if the price is rising or falling.
Dingdongjl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:28:53 AM

LMFAO, No one can stop it even Satoshi Nakamoto.

You cant control all BTC holder in the world if they want to sell there is nothing you can do with it.

The only thing we can help here is to spread the good's of BTC and or Cryptocurrency and keep on supporting to keep the price bump and can also help to fight the dips.

Brennus101

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:31:08 AM

Make sure never to have more invested in crypto than you are prepared to lose. Then there is no reason to panic if the price drops.
2@abcdeeply

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

If you do not want to panic the money I advise you not to join the Crypto market. They are risky markets, Crypto markets are not for the faint of heart, for fear and for impatience.
Labajah

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:49:48 AM

we cannot stop people from selling their bitcoin. maybe they are in need of money of they are panicking. after all, it is their decision. whether they profit or not, it is their money. not ours. they know what they are doing.
paulo29

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

Its true that price of all cryptocurrencies are falling and no one know when this prices will increase and will become stable. This is the risk of all form of investment, nobody knowns when the value will increase or decrease so patience is virtue that you need to practice at this moment. I guess it is better to hold your cryptocurrencies and wait, if you have more extra fiat money it is also better and wiser to buy more of it and wait until it rises again for your own good opportunities in future. Another thing, all your earned bitcoin needed to be safe and theres so many ways to safeguard whatever assets you have, read some articles, watch videos and even ask people who are into this trading. Remember, bitcoin is very volatile and its value or price is cannot be predicted or it is undermined, but you can analyze its trends and works to lessen somehow the possibilities of losing,and to earn more profit to your investment.So stop panicking, hold your coins and wait until its price roars again.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

what is the point in selling at low?

there are two different things that should not be confused with each other.
1. selling at a loss (lower than you bought).
this is a very good move and every trader should make this move. the market is unpredictable and sometimes we make mistakes so we should correct these mistakes by stop loss and things like that.

2. panic selling.
this is when the newbies see the mistake they have made and see the drop but they don't sell. they wait instead. and when price reached the bottom and there were no more drops but there were a lot of FUD they start selling then. this is the wrong thing that should be avoided.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:07:49 AM

Your emotion is the one playing on you. If you can control your emotion and be patient then you can curtail panic selling. Cryptocurrency market is a speculative one which rely mostly on market sentiments. so filter the news you hear before you act.
LanzCoinPress1994

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:12:02 AM

Emotional decisions lead traders to losses. Especially, in Crypto world, nobody can predict the market at an exact point. According to my knowledge, there were two main reasons that influence to " Panic Selling ".

First thing is that lack of knowledge and trust about the project which they already investing.Some of them buying coins only watching Youtube videos and rely on others opinions. Without doing own research nobody won't able to make concrete decisions about himself. Everyone should able to trust their decisions.
Second thing is that stay patient.Crypto Market has high volatility.Always Downtrend and Uptrends have occurred.If you entered at the peak point of a market then you should able to wait until it reaches to pass that peak value. It may take several months.It is worth instead of losing money.

Personally, I believe to overcome panic Selling, We should take sold decisions and stay patient.For Example, the market journey of Bitcoin.

Thanks  

◈ ZEROSTATE ◈
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE