Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:45:18 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 05:05:46 AM by GPUHoarder

I vote for windows.

Then don't buy the card. We're not going to develop windows drivers for the card.

I should clarify that doesn’t mean you can’t use it in Windows with other bitstreams from other devs that choose to support it (I’ll be supporting Windows where it makes sense). But, you really are doing yourself a disservice doing windows and running expensive FPGAs to mine.

On Mods and Credit Cards, work is still being done, but we should proceed under the assumption we cant take direct credit cards, since all the processors have essential decided Crypto isn’t a real industry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QiaMiner

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:15:56 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 05:38:09 AM by QiaMiner

I vote for windows.

Then don't buy the card. We're not going to develop windows drivers for the card.

I should clarify that doesn’t mean you can’t use it in Windows with other bitstreams from other devs that choose to support it (I’ll be supporting Windows where it makes sense). But, you really are doing yourself a disservice doing windows and running expensive FPGAs to mine.

On Mods and Credit Cards, work is still being done, but we should proceed under the assumption we cant take direct credit cards, since all the processors have essential decided Crypto isn’t a real industry.

So there will be not Windows Support, means we should go build that rigs with Linux?

Personally i'm not a Fan of Linux. My Windows GPU Machines running smooth and much faster than Linux without Problems, means: They make practically more Money. Just reduced them to everything needed.

So my Question is: How to Bind that FPGA Machines into Awesome Miner? My whole Operation is controlled by Awesomeminer and the Awesomeminer-Agent is running on Windows. And Awesomminer is the best Controlling Program for bigger MiningOperations so far.

Any Idea?

I don't know any other Devs till now, wich would do Windows Drivers. And i think, not to do Windows support, is not that good decision. With WIndows Drivers, you would reach FAR MORE Buyers....and you won't support the Centralization-Problem with it, as you will with Linux. (Thats for granted)

I cannot change my whole running Operation into another System, only because i will start to fit in FPGA's over a while. That would cost me a lot time and money.

And if i start to build in FPGAs from you Guys, that mean, i have to create two different Controlling-Systems......wich can get very tricky, if we reach a bigger amount of FPGAs. But it WILL increase the amount of Work.

Why you decided to not do Windows drivers?

@GPUHoarder

What Diservice can it be, to run a FPGA on Windows? Why should it be different like with GPUs, wich run a lot faster in Windows than in Linux? And thats a prooven Fact from my Side.

Isn't this a Question of how the Driver would be implemented and how much Influence Windows gets at it?

Me personal, never had ANY advantage over Windows, with other Operatingsystems. For me, this outspoken Advantages only are Myths after more than 15 Years IT. But clearly, this depends on the aereas of using.

I have to talk to Awesome Miners devs, to see...if they know solutions.

JohnSch
Copper Member

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:20:04 AM

What is the theoretical power limit of these cards going to be after the built-in hardware mods? 
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:11:26 AM

Update: Credit card for batch 1 isn't going to happen. It's going to take me awhile to get the underwriters to agree to allow me to operate. Paypal should be ok.

Yay for PayPal. But wouldn't that be the same thing? Instead of processing the credit cards yourself with your own card processor, PayPal can be your processor, since they allow credit card transactions for purchases anyways. So Technically credit cards for batch 1 would still work... Or do I see it wrong?
volish

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:45:02 AM

I am really interested in buying one when they become available. Good to hear that you will be shipping to Europe in batch 1. Before parting with cash will there be opportunity to at least see videos of the beast in action? Would it be possible for you to add some clips to the webpage? Are you yet able to provide any information about the cooling mods query that was raised or more concrete performance metrics? There doesn't see to be much information on the software side, from what I can see there is one chap from the other thread who is working on bringing something out but it isn't quite ready yet. Could you give us an update on that situation?

Much appreciated for your time and help with this, jaw dropping!
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:49:40 AM

Can you please reconsider supporting windows?. The technical barrier and expense to fpga cards is quite high so anything to ease the barrier to entry would be appreciative
netmonk

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:19:07 AM

Well time to learn linux i guess. For all those windows beggars.

Is it still possible to enter the first batch or from your website everything is sold out ?
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:51:21 AM

Is it still possible to enter the first batch or from your website everything is sold out ?

Can you please reconsider supporting windows?. The technical barrier and expense to fpga cards is quite high so anything to ease the barrier to entry would be appreciative

If you can insert a CD, press next a couple times, then use a web interface -- you should be good. Aka, if you've ever had an asic miner, you'll be able to use linux with our fpga.

GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

The batch has not yet opened, but we expect to be able to open it this week. We have to wait for the green light to advertise our pricing.

Software is being developed on multiple sides - Whitefire has spearheaded the operations and outlined many algorithms and performance guidelines.

Senseless and myself will both be releasing bitstreams supporting the cards at the time of shipment.

Man other devs are coming up to speed and preparing offerings. I expect we will have most current coins covered, however keep in mind these are not currently good for Ethash, Equihash is forking, and other algorithms may change.

@senseless I hope the CD part was a joke.

deepWebRun

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

Let's say I want to use the board for something else than mining. Would the burned encrypted keys mess with that?
Cheers.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:33:10 AM

Let's say I want to use the board for something else than mining. Would the burned encrypted keys mess with that?
Cheers.

Once we put our encryption keys in you will not be able to use any other encrypted bitstreams other than ours. However, you will still be able to run any unencrypted bitstreams (like whitefire's bitstreams).

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:17:34 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 11:39:49 AM by Hueristic

Our FPGA devices will have our encryption keys burned into them and as a result we will be able to distribute secure encrypted bitstreams and software.

Does this mean we cannot run any other software other than what you release on these FPGAs?

No, it doesn't at all. You will be able to run any unencrypted designs (whitefire's for instance) and our encrypted designs.

We will also be creating a platform that would allow any community developer to create and publish designs through our encrypted platform.

Thanks for the quick reply. Smiley

Cheers.

Once we put our encryption keys in you will not be able to use any other encrypted bitstreams other than ours. However, you will still be able to run any unencrypted bitstreams (like whitefire's bitstreams).

From what I understand this is so that others that do not have this key cannot run the proprietary Bitstreams that are released for just this card, it's a intellectual property protection and by buying the card here you get the key to that property (well what bitstreams are released to that key).

Correct me if I'm wrong here Senseless.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52881.html
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1084_tamp_resist_dsgns.pdf

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:34:01 PM

Using SMOS is not a barrier to entry for anyone, even if you've never used linux before.  It's actually easier and way less time consuming to set up than a windows mining rig.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
lombo66

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:03:10 PM

WILL THERE BE A "HOW TO DO" VIDEO FOR BUYERS?
securitizones

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:27:40 PM

How do we know that this is not another scam. You could just take everybody's money and run as there's no address for your company (other than a virtual office) and we don't know who we are dealing with physically.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:35:37 PM

How do we know that this is not another scam. You could just take everybody's money and run as there's no address for your company (other than a virtual office) and we don't know who we are dealing with physically.

I know I wouldn't send funds without escrow, thats pretty basic stuff there.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
securitizones

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:40:38 PM

Yes if it was escrow i would be ok with that. But previously its been mentioned crypto or paypal. At least paypal has a chargeback, but crypto you send and its gone forever...
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:51:34 PM

My company (www.airsquirrels.com) is providing the deal with Xilinx and the shipping/cards.

Hopefully I will actually be able to do a PR with Xilinx to confirm.

AllMine is handling order processing and front end logistics as well as the development shell.

David Stanfill, feel free to email me directly or setup a call if you have any doubts.
securitizones

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:08:51 PM

Don't get me wrong it's not you or this project I distrust, its anything in cryptocurrency at the moment. I have been scammed before so very wary now. so if you guys are legitimate then I apologize, as I would love you buy these cards, especially if you can put unencrypted bitstreams in them as I want to develop one for lyra2z and lyra2re. I was going to buy the direct cards from Xilinx, but their price has gone up to $4999 already and also would have to mod them myself. So if they are pre-modded and cheaper than $4999 then that is fantastic.
OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:27:22 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5), vapourminer (1)

Putting my two cents in here, for what it's worth.

I poke around the corners and keep an eye on people who make big claims in this space. I don't always have the time to speak up, but I'll speak up here for David, and David alone.

David is the President and co-founder of Squirrels LLC. He's the gentlemen responsible for eip-969. He built a supercomputer for verifying prime numbers. He's responsible for a lot of big drivers in education like AirParrot and Reflector and a handful of other applications. He is actively working to make technology a part of everyday life in unique and interesting ways.

I can confirm he has a deal with Xilinix. I can confirm he's got the hardware. I can confirm he's got everything he says he has. If he doesn't deliver, I'll hunt him to the ends of the earth. No plane, train, or automobile will keep him safe.  Wink

So, for what it's worth, yeah. He's good people(s), securitizones.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: