Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51506 times)
dave447

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 08:57:07 PM by dave447

just bad people that did chargebacks to cause suspicion and investigation of your account.

What I thought were chargebacks were paypal initiated. I'm still not clear if they're chargebacks. It would be a highly ironic twist if none of them were charge backs and after 6 months when they release the funds it turns out there were zero issues... I think i'd sue them.

They called all of the customers who ordered asking them questions about the product.. Where did they find us? When is the product shipping, etc.. But to talk to the actual owner of the store? No... I have to hear about this from my customers because they couldn't be bothered to ask me for additional documentation or discuss it with me.

Well if they are playing dirty, then we (the crypto community as a whole) are likely onto something, right? Smiley

I wonder how much interest they make by retaining funds for 6 months?
dave447

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:10:39 PM

It's really great to see FPGAs making a comeback, and in a way that's more accessible to individual miners.

I have some technical questions, if I may;
  • It was mentioned in a previous post that the units will come with encryption keys burned in. I'm somewhat familiar with the IP protection mechanisms of previous generation Xilinx devices, so is my understanding correct that these VCU1525's won't load a bitstream unless it's been encrypted using your key?
  • If the above is true, if for whatever reason you had to cease your operation, or are unable to provide devs with continued access to development hardware, would you release these encryption key(s) and any other secrets to prevent future development work on bitstreams for fielded units grinding to a halt?

Thank you both for all your efforts in this.

Kind regards,
David
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:59:54 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 09:15:12 PM by senseless

UPDATE:

Paypal is now refusing to allow me to refund customers or speak to me over the phone. When I call them to try to get a refund for a customer they're literally picking up the phone and then hanging up on me.

It seems like the highest risk part of doing business with paypal is doing business with paypal!

Edit:

They finally stopped hanging up on me and 'approved me' for the ability to refund.

yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:15:37 PM

UPDATE:

Paypal is now refusing to allow me to refund customers or speak to me over the phone. When I call them to try to get a refund for a customer they're literally picking up the phone and then hanging up on me.

It seems like the highest risk part of doing business with paypal is doing business with paypal!

I suppose you can ask your those customers' to charge-back and pay alternatively?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:16:59 PM

UPDATE:

I suppose you can ask your those customers' to charge-back and pay alternatively?

If they charge back, then, it would show up to paypal as fraud and it would essentially be proving them right. Maybe that was their goal by denying me the refunds.

yrk1957

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:20:15 PM

UPDATE:

If they charge back, then, it would show up to paypal as fraud and it would essentially be proving them right. Maybe that was their goal by denying me the refunds.

At this point, I suppose, that's the only way to un-lock those funds. (I mean effectively cancel get payment outside Paypal)
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:23:22 PM

UPDATE:

At this point, I suppose, that's the only way to un-lock those funds. (I mean effectively cancel get payment outside Paypal)

Here's the problem...

There are people selling the exact same products on other sites that don't have these issues. You can find VCU1525 on ebay even. If they're allowing some to sell the product but not others, it's discrimination. They're discriminating against me based SOLELY on marketing material. I intend to let the funds sit there for 6 months, have a ridiculously lower chargeback rate than they expect, and then sue their pants off for discrimination.

If you think this is ridiculous, send a nicely worded fax to the paypal appeals (402-537-5731) and let them know.

yrk1957

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:28:02 PM

UPDATE:

Here's the problem...

There are people selling the exact same products on other sites that don't have these issues. You can find VCU1525 on ebay even. If they're allowing some to sell the product but not others, it's discrimination. They're discriminating against me based SOLELY on marketing material. I intend to let the funds sit there for 6 months, have a ridiculously lower chargeback rate than they expect, and then sue their pants off for discrimination.

See here, the Chinese seller who was stopped by Paypal:

https://www.akminer.com/faqs

...due to selling Bitcoin or cryptocurrency miners.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:49:03 PM

All customer support tickets have been answered. If anyone has any problems or lingering questions do not hesitate to contact us. Please don't send me private messages as it's impossible to provide good customer service via private messages on various platforms.

rafabtx

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:05:38 PM

When you solve the problem with PayPal will there be stock again?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:10:10 PM

When you solve the problem with PayPal will there be stock again?

There will only be stock if people don't pay for their orders. Then we will have some cancellations that open up stock. If you register for the site you'll be informed if / when that happens.

d.v.

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:52:15 PM

is it safe to say that if we used paypal, and the funds clear paypal and the financial institution behind it, then we're golden with our orders? i just checked my transactions and they're all good. never heard a peep from paypal or anyone else... so all is well then?

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:08:55 PM

is it safe to say that if we used paypal, and the funds clear paypal and the financial institution behind it, then we're golden with our orders? i just checked my transactions and they're all good. never heard a peep from paypal or anyone else... so all is well then?

Ya, you guys are ok. It's paypal that's in trouble  Wink

crpN00Bto

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:31:03 PM

Same here. Already have a pending charge on the CC through PayPal. It should clear in a day or 2. I hope that is fine?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:32:47 PM

Same here. Already have a pending charge on the CC through PayPal. It should clear in a day or 2. I hope that is fine?

Yep, we're still going to go through and manually verify all the orders of course. But as long as it clears and your identification / billing / shipping / picture of you holding your id / etc match up... You're good..

pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:53:21 PM

Yep, we're still going to go through and manually verify all the orders of course. But as long as it clears and your identification / billing / shipping / picture of you holding your id / etc match up... You're good..

Would that mean if there are some people that refuse to provide identification, would their order be cancelled and stock open back to the public?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:54:01 PM

Would that mean if there are some people that refuse to provide identification, would their order be cancelled and stock open back to the public?

Yes, or if they request a refund, or if paypal doesn't allow their pending transaction to complete, etc.

pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:05:07 AM

Yes, or if they request a refund, or if paypal doesn't allow their pending transaction to complete, etc.

Well, time to break my F5 button, my funds are free and clear in crypto, originally wanted to use PayPAl, but good thing I didn't use PayPal yet, they seem shaddy of what they did to you. They don't deserve the transaction fees.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:08:55 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 12:32:46 AM by senseless

Ya, you guys are ok. It's paypal that's in trouble  Wink

Well, time to break my F5 button, my funds are free and clear in crypto, originally wanted to use PayPAl, but good thing I didn't use PayPal yet, they seem shaddy of what they did to you. They don't deserve the transaction fees.

Calm down Smiley -- We'll send out an email. It won't be for at least a week. I'd recommend registering on the site and putting your name, address, phone, etc in your account profile.. It should help you expedite your order if devices reopen.

Edit:

I spoke way too soon, just had a large cancellation and we've opened units up.

OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:21:28 AM

I was planning to include risers with the boards as a bonus. We can get the cost down pretty heavily for such a large buy and save you guys a few $ on ancillary costs.

That would be amazing! It could reduce your support burden if people received proper 6-pin-powered risers... so they wouldn't use molex/sata-powered versions that could be flakey/flammable at a 75w draw. (Not that it would be your problem if they made poor riser choices - but they may still come to you asking for help).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: