Bitcoin Forum
October 14, 2019, 12:18:26 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 48447 times)
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:32:47 PM

is it safe to say that if we used paypal, and the funds clear paypal and the financial institution behind it, then we're golden with our orders? i just checked my transactions and they're all good. never heard a peep from paypal or anyone else... so all is well then?

Ya, you guys are ok. It's paypal that's in trouble  Wink

Same here. Already have a pending charge on the CC through PayPal. It should clear in a day or 2. I hope that is fine?

Yep, we're still going to go through and manually verify all the orders of course. But as long as it clears and your identification / billing / shipping / picture of you holding your id / etc match up... You're good..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pikachuy

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:53:21 PM

is it safe to say that if we used paypal, and the funds clear paypal and the financial institution behind it, then we're golden with our orders? i just checked my transactions and they're all good. never heard a peep from paypal or anyone else... so all is well then?

Same here. Already have a pending charge on the CC through PayPal. It should clear in a day or 2. I hope that is fine?

Yep, we're still going to go through and manually verify all the orders of course. But as long as it clears and your identification / billing / shipping / picture of you holding your id / etc match up... You're good..

Would that mean if there are some people that refuse to provide identification, would their order be cancelled and stock open back to the public?

█ BTC: 32aWPuC6oLREi1LWWrEinnzGaV4w28Pzwb
senseless

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:54:01 PM

Would that mean if there are some people that refuse to provide identification, would their order be cancelled and stock open back to the public?

Yes, or if they request a refund, or if paypal doesn't allow their pending transaction to complete, etc.

pikachuy

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:05:07 AM

Yes, or if they request a refund, or if paypal doesn't allow their pending transaction to complete, etc.

Well, time to break my F5 button, my funds are free and clear in crypto, originally wanted to use PayPAl, but good thing I didn't use PayPal yet, they seem shaddy of what they did to you. They don't deserve the transaction fees.

senseless

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:08:55 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 12:32:46 AM by senseless

Ya, you guys are ok. It's paypal that's in trouble  Wink

Well, time to break my F5 button, my funds are free and clear in crypto, originally wanted to use PayPAl, but good thing I didn't use PayPal yet, they seem shaddy of what they did to you. They don't deserve the transaction fees.

Calm down Smiley -- We'll send out an email. It won't be for at least a week. I'd recommend registering on the site and putting your name, address, phone, etc in your account profile.. It should help you expedite your order if devices reopen.

Edit:

I spoke way too soon, just had a large cancellation and we've opened units up.

OurManInHavana

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:21:28 AM

I was planning to include risers with the boards as a bonus. We can get the cost down pretty heavily for such a large buy and save you guys a few $ on ancillary costs.

That would be amazing! It could reduce your support burden if people received proper 6-pin-powered risers... so they wouldn't use molex/sata-powered versions that could be flakey/flammable at a 75w draw. (Not that it would be your problem if they made poor riser choices - but they may still come to you asking for help).
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 685

Do you own 1 Bitcoin?

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:08:50 AM

Including the cables that can make the ''daisy chains'' would be awesome.
senseless

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:12:35 AM

Have you seen the price of those?  Undecided  Cry

I'll tell you what.. I'll look for a deal on them, if I can find something I'll post them up for sale separately so you can order if you'd like to have it.

pikachuy

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:34:04 AM

So, when does this 7nm come into play into the crypto space? https://www.xilinx.com/news/press/2018/xilinx-unveils-revolutionary-adaptable-computing-product-category.html

senseless

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:43:17 AM

I'd guess 2020 at the earliest.

Bittrboy

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:15:57 AM

How many units are left? and is full immersion liquid cooling worth it?
nadeaup

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 03:59:45 AM

@senseless FYI - it looks like my PayPal payment was processed with no issues. Marked as completed. Wonder what their criteria was for blocking payments.
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:56:01 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 06:13:51 AM by GPUHoarder

@senseless FYI - it looks like my PayPal payment was processed with no issues. Marked as completed. Wonder what their criteria was for blocking payments.

It’s a long list. Basically amounts to “this is unusual and seems like something we don’t understand so we’re shutting it down”
pikachuy

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:40:58 AM

It’s a long list. Basically amounts to “this is unusual and seems like something we don’t understand so we’re shutting it down”

Did you guys give them a heads up that you guys will be selling products soon and that they will be expecting an influx of $100k+ transactions soon? Or else, they might think it's fraud or money laundering if caught by surprised.

GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:52:34 AM

Did you guys give them a heads up that you guys will be selling products soon and that they will be expecting an influx of $100k+ transactions soon? Or else, they might think it's fraud or money laundering if caught by surprised.

Yes, and I called two of my business account reps for our main business account and intro’d the new account and purpose. We gave them  contact with our Xilinx reps. Didn’t matter. ~$1M seized for 6 months.

Our lawyers are working on it.
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 685

Do you own 1 Bitcoin?

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:02:01 AM

Have you seen the price of those?  Undecided  Cry

I'll tell you what.. I'll look for a deal on them, if I can find something I'll post them up for sale separately so you can order if you'd like to have it.

Allright Smiley
curt999

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:25:33 PM

I have moved a few mill through paypal but from selling typical electronics laptops phones etc..unfortunately the 6month hold with disbursement is standard operating procedure for paypal when you are doing extreme volumes of money per day/month..when someone pays with paypal they can open a chargeback upto 6 months after the order doesnt matter what you say the warranty period is..they have a review period of your account every 2-3months where depending on your chargeback rate they will increase/decrease the disbursement rate
senseless

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:51:07 PM

They're going through and taking payments that were marked complete and refunding them.

I heard a report from one customer that said they said they're 'refunding all payments'. I don't know if that means every order or what.

senseless

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:53:15 PM

They wouldn't talk to us. They wouldn't allow us to go through underwriting before going live.

Iamtutut

Activity: 602
Merit: 55

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

They wouldn't talk to us. They wouldn't allow us to go through underwriting before going live.

This board is too expensive to me (around 4K € with VAT), but lots of thanks to bring this kind of hardware for many people. Regarding paypal, you should sue them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.