Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:03:57 PM

Ten years after Katrina: let’s learn from those predictions of more & bigger hurricanes

Summary — Most 10-year anniversary articles about Katrina omit one chapter of that sad story: its exploitation by climate activists. They predicted more and stronger hurricanes. Let’s grade them. Every time activists falsely cry “wolf” we become weaker, less able to prepare for real threats. Remembering is the first step to learning.

“Sooner or later, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.”
— Attributed to Robert Louis Stevenson.

Contents

Katrina and Wilma hit America.
    Alarmists exploit the disaster.
    Hurricanes go MIA.
    Forecasts of  hurricanes.
    Conclusions.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/08/27/ten-years-after-katrina-lets-learn-from-those-predictions-of-more-bigger-hurricanes/

This article is actually saying that hurricanes will come more numerous and stronger but that people will be badly prepared because Climate change scientists warned them? Oo

How can you support such a claim?

You will be surprised to learn this thread, unlike reddit, is about not banning any thoughts, perspectives, hypothesis. Yes, coming from your point of view, this revelation is shockingly new and unheard of...

Cool

Dude... It's not "new and unheard of". It's stupid.

What your article says is:
-Climate change scientists predicted a rise of hurricanes strength and numbers
-it will happen
-they'll be responsible for alarming people

What's the logic in this?

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:06:45 PM

Ten years after Katrina: let’s learn from those predictions of more & bigger hurricanes

Summary — Most 10-year anniversary articles about Katrina omit one chapter of that sad story: its exploitation by climate activists. They predicted more and stronger hurricanes. Let’s grade them. Every time activists falsely cry “wolf” we become weaker, less able to prepare for real threats. Remembering is the first step to learning.

Contents

Hurricanes go MIA.
    Conclusions.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/08/27/ten-years-after-katrina-lets-learn-from-those-predictions-of-more-bigger-hurricanes/

This article is actually saying that hurricanes will come more numerous and stronger but that people will be badly prepared because Climate change scientists warned them? Oo

You will be surprised to learn this thread, unlike reddit, is about not banning any thoughts, perspectives, hypothesis. Yes, coming from your point of view, this revelation is shockingly new and unheard of...

Cool

-it will happen

Not banning any point of view is not stupid nor illogical. Unlike reddit.

mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:08:14 PM

Contents

Hurricanes go MIA.
    Conclusions.

Cool

-it will happen

It's not a question of banning. It's a question of not bringing on the table things that are not logical.

Or maybe I should bring in an article talking about how Obama is in fact an alien secretly fighting global warming because aliens want Earth to be cold when they'll invade it?

But it's not really useful...

████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:14:09 PM

Freedom of speech is good. Ok. Does it mean we have to take in consideration each and every point of view in the world, including those based on false informations or without any logic?
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:38:40 PM

Contents

Hurricanes go MIA.
    Conclusions.

Cool

-it will happen

It's not a question of banning. It's a question of not bringing on the table things that are not logical.

Or maybe I should bring in an article talking about how Obama is in fact an alien secretly fighting global warming because aliens want Earth to be cold when they'll invade it?

But it's not really useful...

Its not really useful but you still added to the discussion.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:28:37 AM

NOAA Radiosonde Data Shows No Warming For 58 Years

In their “hottest year ever” press briefing, NOAA included this graph, which stated that they have a 58 year long radiosonde temperature record. But they only showed the last 37 years in the graph.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/

----------------------------------------
I was led to believe I needed to trust blindly all the Global Warming scientists working from my government, or working for the Green Energy Polar Bear Saving complex.

Why are those people denying me from my belief?

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:20:58 AM

In their “hottest year ever” press briefing, NOAA included this graph, which stated that they have a 58 year long radiosonde temperature record. But they only showed the last 37 years in the graph.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/

----------------------------------------
I was led to believe I needed to trust blindly all the Global Warming scientists working from my government, or working for the Green Energy Polar Bear Saving complex.

Why are those people denying me from my belief?

This actual argument is: as it has already been hot in the past it's not hot right now?

What an argument xD+
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:39:33 PM

Freedom of speech is good. Ok. Does it mean we have to take in consideration each and every point of view in the world, including those based on false informations or without any logic?
Unfortunately for you, the very subject being discussed in the article on hurricane frequency and intensity is false information - propaganda - used by Warmers in crying hysterically over more and more intense hurricanes.

There has been NO significant trend in hurricane intensity or frequency since 1900.  Simple statistical fact.  Please stop the lying, and stop supporting others who are doing the lying about this.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:49:24 PM

Unfortunately for you, the very subject being discussed in the article on hurricane frequency and intensity is false information - propaganda - used by Warmers in crying hysterically over more and more intense hurricanes.

There has been NO significant trend in hurricane intensity or frequency since 1900.  Simple statistical fact.  Please stop the lying, and stop supporting others who are doing the lying about this.

No of course not. Except this list of article:
http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/climate/hurricane_climate.html
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/study-projects-more-frequent-and-stronger-hurricanes-worldwide-16204
http://time.com/3706888/hurricane-warning-study/
https://www.skepticalscience.com/hurricanes-global-warming.htm
http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes

They all say the same thing:
Hurricanes are becoming more frequent and stronger. For god sakes simply take the data, take the number of hurricanes by year since 1900 and you'll see.

What we still don't know is if it's directly linked to human activity. It may also be part of a natural cycle. So nobody is saying it's because of global warming, everybody is saying it MIGHT be because of it.

We'll know it un a dozen of years. If hurricanes keep becoming stronger and more frequent we'll know it came from us.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:18:43 PM

No of course not. Except this list of article:
http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/climate/hurricane_climate.html
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/study-projects-more-frequent-and-stronger-hurricanes-worldwide-16204
http://time.com/3706888/hurricane-warning-study/
https://www.skepticalscience.com/hurricanes-global-warming.htm

Hurricanes are becoming more frequent and stronger. For god sakes simply take the data, take the number of hurricanes by year since 1900 and you'll see.

What we still don't know is if it's directly linked to human activity. It may also be part of a natural cycle. So nobody is saying it's because of global warming, everybody is saying it MIGHT be because of it.

We'll know it un a dozen of years. If hurricanes keep becoming stronger and more frequent we'll know it came from us.

I take the last link, it being the ONLY scientific one you have presented.  Read what it says.

It is premature to conclude that human activities--and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming--have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity.

If you have to lie to support your position, doesn't your position have a problem?

What I have told you is if you do that, you will see the position is false.
yugo23

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:22:20 PM

I take the last link, it being the ONLY scientific one you have presented.  Read what it says.

It is premature to conclude that human activities--and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming--have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity.

If you have to lie to support your position, doesn't your position have a problem?

Lying again?
I quote myself here. Just reread the whole text not only what you want:

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:31:26 PM

Lying again?

Well, which is it?

A.  Hurricanes are becoming more frequent and stronger. For god sakes simply take the data, take the number of hurricanes by year since 1900 and you'll see.

B.  We'll know it un a dozen of years.

(A) is false.  (B) is a future claim.

yugo23

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:40:28 PM

I take the last link, it being the ONLY scientific one you have presented.  Read what it says.

Lying again?

Well, which is it?

A.  Hurricanes are becoming more frequent and stronger. For god sakes simply take the data, take the number of hurricanes by year since 1900 and you'll see.

B.  We'll know it un a dozen of years.

(A) is false.  (B) is a future claim.

I don't understand how you can't see the difference.

A is right. And all articles (including the one you quoted) says so. What would be wrong would be to claim that it's all because of global warming because we still can't say if it's the case as it's too early!

But A is right.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:22:39 PM

That's bullshit.
Here's the data, see for yourself:
http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ratpac/ratpac-a/RATPAC-A-annual-levels.txt

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:26:36 AM

I take the last link, it being the ONLY scientific one you have presented.  Read what it says.

Lying again?

Well, which is it?

A.  Hurricanes are becoming more frequent and stronger. For god sakes simply take the data, take the number of hurricanes by year since 1900 and you'll see.

A is right. And all articles (including the one you quoted) says so. What would be wrong would be to claim that it's all because of global warming because we still can't say if it's the case as it's too early!

But A is right.

I quoted the relevant paragraph from A.  Here it is again.

If you want to assert that the article supports (A) please quote where it does so.  Otherwise, lose what little credibility you have...
yugo23

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:44:08 PM

Lying again?

Well, which is it?

But A is right.

I quoted the relevant paragraph from A.  Here it is again.

If you want to assert that the article supports (A) please quote where it does so.  Otherwise, lose what little credibility you have...

Here it is. Sorry you can't read :
"Existing records of past Atlantic tropical storm or hurricane numbers (1878 to present) in fact do show a pronounced upward trend, which is also correlated with rising SSTs "

Paragraph C as it seems you don't give a fuck about reading a real scientific article Wink
yugo23

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:45:44 PM

That's bullshit.
Here's the data, see for yourself:
http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ratpac/ratpac-a/RATPAC-A-annual-levels.txt

No they prefer saying the data is wrong/false/flawed or whatever.

Easy to understand:
-it has scientific data showing rise: it's a false report paid by governments.
-it has nothing no data at all and takes a short part of an a scientific article and willingly misinterpret it: it's the truth and you're dumb for not understanding it.

Exactly like a religion.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:04:04 PM

Climate Change Killed Ancient Seafaring Dinosaurs…

Imagine dolphins disappearing from the world’s oceans as a result of prolonged climate change and slower evolution. As shocking and unlikely as such an event might be, it happened in the past to a group of marine animals: the ichthyosaurs.

These “fish-reptiles” were an iconic group of marine predators from the dinosaur era – and the ichthyosaurs underwent the most profound modifications to become fast, efficient swimmers. They evolved a shark-like body shape, their limbs transformed into muscular paddles, and they had some of the largest eyes in the entire animal kingdom, presumably to seek out and hunt prey in deep or turbid marine settings.

About a hundred ichthyosaur species are currently known, covering a 157m-year reign in the ancient oceans that ended around 90m years ago.

http://phys.org/news/2016-03-climate-dinosaurs-underwater-cousins.html#jCp

-------------------------------------
Global Warming slows down Evolution now... Hmm.

galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:20:17 PM

Imagine dolphins disappearing from the world’s oceans as a result of prolonged climate change and slower evolution. As shocking and unlikely as such an event might be, it happened in the past to a group of marine animals: the ichthyosaurs.

These “fish-reptiles” were an iconic group of marine predators from the dinosaur era – and the ichthyosaurs underwent the most profound modifications to become fast, efficient swimmers. They evolved a shark-like body shape, their limbs transformed into muscular paddles, and they had some of the largest eyes in the entire animal kingdom, presumably to seek out and hunt prey in deep or turbid marine settings.

About a hundred ichthyosaur species are currently known, covering a 157m-year reign in the ancient oceans that ended around 90m years ago.

Imagine? Yeah, that´s good of course but sometimes it can go overboard. Has the climate change ate my homework meme gained traction yet?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:58:32 PM

Imagine? Yeah, that´s good of course but sometimes it can go overboard. Has the climate change ate my homework meme gained traction yet?

Kinda.....

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: