Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381509 times)
yufu571

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:51:10 PM

nothing to do with SKYCOIN.
You should pay back the investors‘ money.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:29:47 PM

The United States is literally an empire of bullshit. It is a temple built in testimony to human stupidity and the susceptibility of the human mind to propaganda.

In the meantime the lands of freedom, China, Cuba and North Korea bring happiness, accurate information via the press and Internet (no brainwash in China and North Korea) and full spectrum of political rights to its citizens.

Would you provide some updates please about the software and hardware (mesh net) development instead of this idealogical nonsense?
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 10:19:45 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 12:35:09 PM by skycoin

Yes, please, release the roadmap for investors.

I want a head mounted display, so that I can program without getting out of bed.

The exchange and getting contractors and misc overhead are taking up all my time right now.

1> Get exchange up
2> Get consensus implemented and then switch public/main client/blockchain over
3> Meshnet/networking
4> Small changes to client and interfaces and cleanup
5> Admin/payrol/buying equipment/bug bites

I spent a lot of time on networking and architecture for simplifying the skywire router/node implementation over the last two weeks. I really only want to work on this part right now, but other things which are more urgent. There are three different groups working on the mesh net but I have not had time to stay updated on what they are doing. One group is doing the pseudowire implementation.

The exchange was originally going to require writing new software, but we decided to use bitcoind instead of libbitcoin. This is the fastest way to get it working.

The crypto library port from C to golang will be a lot of work. We spent a lot of time going through the code SIPA wrote and figuring it out and no one has time right now to actually do the port. It will not matter until the wallet has to run on android and iOS. This simplifies cross compilation, but is not essential and does not change program or functionality, but just improves the build process for cross compilation. So low priority and will take time.

Consensus implementation is important but is lower priority than the exchange.

Getting the exchange up seems to be the most urgent thing that people care about right now.

We need to hire more contractors to work on specific things and will spending more money at a faster rate. Everyone so far has only worked on what they felt like and its left tasks undone. We need to get contractors for those. There is a huge list of small things and I just want someone to start going down the list and checking things off, so that it gets done. I can only do at most two thing at once.

So I am personally ignoring everything not related to the exchange or the contractors.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:17:06 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 02:30:34 AM by tobeaj2mer01

I want a head mounted display, so that I can program without getting out of bed. I am still getting bit by insects, but all the visible insects are dead.

The exchange and getting contractors and misc overhead are taking up all my time right now.

1> Get exchange up
3> Meshnet/networking

I spent a lot of time on networking and architecture for simplifying the skywire router/node implementation over the last two weeks. I really only want to work on this part right now, but other things which are more urgent. There are three different groups working on the mesh net but I have not had time to stay updated on what they are doing. One group is doing the pseudowire implementation.

The exchange was originally going to require writing new software, but we decided to use bitcoind instead of libbitcoin. This is the fastest way to get it working.

The crypto library port from C to golang will be a lot of work. We spent a lot of time going through the code SIPA wrote and figuring it out and no one has time right now to actually do the port. It will not matter until the wallet has to run on android and iOS. This simplifies cross compilation, but is not essential and does not change program or functionality, but just improves the build process for cross compilation. So low priority and will take time.

Getting the exchange up seems to be the most urgent thing that people care about right now.

We need to hire more contractors to work on specific things and will spending more money at a faster rate. Everyone so far has only worked on what they felt like and its left tasks undone. We need to get contractors for those. There is a huge list of small things and I just want someone to start going down the list and checking things off, so that it gets done. I can only do at most two thing at once.

So I am personally ignoring everything not related to the exchange or the contractors.
Sir
You are a talent at technology as Alan Turing but screwed up the team building and marketing.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
bat26

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:41:11 AM

I want a head mounted display, so that I can program without getting out of bed. I am still getting bit by insects, but all the visible insects are dead.

1> Get exchange up
3> Meshnet/networking

Sir
You are a talent at technology as Alan Turing but screwed up the team building and marketing.

People forget that although taking forever can be overcome, and sometimes it's the only way, this still is a little long to get going
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:40:15 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 01:54:43 AM by skycoin

Update:

Golang 1.5 has support for android and iPhone now.
- https://blog.golang.org/go1.5
- This means can do mobile wallet soon or get Skycoin to compile for arm at least.

gox says it can do cross compilation even if cgo is required, but I have been unable to get it to work yet. There is a debian package for the cross compilation toolchain now, so it is easier than six months ago but still not easy.

Security Update:

Windows 10 lets the government go onto your computer and steal your Bitcoin wallet. OSX will be the same soon (if it is not the case already).

I think private key storage will inevitable have to move to a separate device, like Raspberry PI and off of the main computer. The blockchain server and where the private keys are stored and signing occurs, will definitely need to be separated.

The FCC passed rules that lock down routers and prevent people from running open source firmware. Microsoft and government have pushed secure boot on all computers certified to run Windows 10. This is an incremental move, towards preventing computers from running non-government/corporate approved software. In less than a decade, computers may not be able to run software that is not signed and which cannot be revoked by Microsoft and Apple.

The intent is to slow boil the public and push these kind of features in incrementally. Windows 10 is already a government mass surveillance platform.

Bitcoin Block Size

BitcoinXT is a coup. This is classical divide and conquer. The Bitcoin reddit was taken over and anyone opposing BitcoinXT was purged. Then they attempted to claim consensus and that everyone supports the changes and dissenters were shadow banned.

Chinese mining pools are correct in rejecting this change. The change was rejected unanimously by every sane Bitcoin developers and is being pushed by demagogues and the incompetent. This is a classic divide and conquer strategy for destroying Bitcoin as a standard and splitting the community.

Nick Szabo, Gmaxwell, Sipa, The guy who invented side chains. While it is being pushed and shilled by people who want to infiltrate, usurp and undermine Bitcoin.

Bitcoin volume and the network slowdown was also intentional. The fee for transactions was lowered from 5 cents down to 0.2 cents, when it probably should have been raised to 25 cents. Lowering the transaction fee was a mistake.

In two years, we will have other solutions, such as side chains. No one has looked and asked "Are these transactions $3 transactions or $250 transactions". They would see that the transaction limit is only being hit by because of small transaction spam.

Bitcoin is doing 7 transactions per second or 7*24*60*60 = 604,800 transactions per day. Bitcoin does not even have 604,000 users who have wallets. Each user is not doing even a single transaction per day on average. That means the transactions clogging the chain are spam and not real economic activity.

Paypal can only support 115 transactions per second. Visa only does 2000 per second globally. So when you have four billion people using it, you will need to increase the block size by about 300.

Bitcoin has 1 MB blocks every 10 minutes. So uses about 1.6 Kb/s (10^6/(10*60)). Skycoin is capped at 5 KB/s for now. So for about two billion people, Bitcoin might need about 600 KB/s. Which means 360 MB blocks.

Bitcoin wont be the dominant crypto currency. With 5 second block times and 600 KB/s of bandwidth, each block is only 3 MB. With 10 minute blocks and 600 KB/s the block size is 360 MB. So with a few small changes, something like Bitcoin is in the range required for replacing VISA for global payments.

That is before side chains and other advanced methods. I think future methods will shave a factor of 300 off easily.

The volume of wire transfers and bank-to-bank settlement is much much lower than the volume of VISA transactions. Bitcoin could easily handle this scenario. So if Bitcoin restricts itself to wire transfer type situations and does not focus on 2 billion people shuffling pennies around, the problems go away.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 02:50:25 AM

====== IPO ========

More receipts were processed. Check bitmessage

I will try to process as many as possible while the Bitcoin price is low.

I do not know if problem is on my side, but messages are not being confirmed. If you did not get a message/response and sent request more than a few months ago, then can resend.

There are about 400,000 coins left in IPO before it goes on exchange and is allowed to float. Target is 1% distribution before floating.

digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:00:07 AM

Hello Skycoin,

I need help with regard to how the wallet is working.
I am still unable to get any coins you have sent to show in wallet.

I am having problems with the way it is working.
I have to take my old wallet files out of the wallet folder for skycoin to run properly, and then when it runs it creates a new wallet in the folder.
If I place my older created wallets back into the wallet folder, skycoin wont start up.
So I am stuck with not being able to receive the coins you have sent me with the older wallet files. This problem has lasted for months.
Do you know about and understand this problem? Will it be fixed and will I eventually be able to receive my coins?
Will skycoin eventually be able to run with the older created wallet files?
Will you have to send the coins again with newly created wallet address, and if so what happens to the old address and coins, and it may be possible that the problem repeats itself anyway?

Please can you let me know what is the problem here and what is to be done to fix it? I am using windows.

Thank you.
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 08:30:39 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 08:50:52 AM by skycoin

Hello Skycoin,

I need help with regard to how the wallet is working.
I am still unable to get any coins you have sent to show in wallet.

I am having problems with the way it is working.
I have to take my old wallet files out of the wallet folder for skycoin to run properly, and then when it runs it creates a new wallet in the folder.
If I place my older created wallets back into the wallet folder, skycoin wont start up.
So I am stuck with not being able to receive the coins you have sent me with the older wallet files. This problem has lasted for months.
Do you know about and understand this problem? Will it be fixed and will I eventually be able to receive my coins?
Will skycoin eventually be able to run with the older created wallet files?
Will you have to send the coins again with newly created wallet address, and if so what happens to the old address and coins, and it may be possible that the problem repeats itself anyway?

Please can you let me know what is the problem here and what is to be done to fix it? I am using windows.

Thank you.

LOL. That wallet file must be really old. Do this.
- Open the wallet file with a text editor. The old wallet file, its JSON. Get the "seed" that generated the wallet.
- Now, go and hit "Load Wallet From Seed" in the Skycoin client. Put the seed value in the text box and hit button. Now the wallet is loaded.

Then should work.

I tried to design this, so you can just remember a pass phrase and access the coins/wallets anywhere. Without having to carry around a thumb drive or file, that can be confiscated or stolen. If you have bitcoin on an encrypted wallet, encrypted on the thumb drive, the thumb drive can still be stolen at border crossings. So even if they cannot steal the coins, they can stop you from having access to them. Where as a pass phrase in the brain cannot be stolen or confiscated.

So if a SWAT team breaks into your house and shoots your puppy and then steal all your computers
- you will lose access to the coins/funds stored on the computer  (Bitcoin)
- if you do not have disc encryption the funds will be stolen
- If you have remember the wallet seed, you can regenerate the wallet and get access to the funds (Skycoin)
- If you have disc encryption and use a brain wallet, the wallet cannot be recovered by the thieves and you can regenerate the wallet from the seed pass phrase.

The disc encryption in use on windows and OSX is backdoored. It uses the TPP (Trusted Platform Module) and there is a law enforcement and government back door. Windows was modified to prevent users from using file system in user space (FUSE) and the developer of true-crypt was threatened into taking it down and not working on it anymore. When a truecrypt partition is seized by mafia/government/terrorists, the thieves cannot read it. So it has to be banned.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 11:42:11 AM

Update:

Shadowsocks was taken off of github, by government.
https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks

Shadowsocks is the only way to access the internet from inside of China. This is disturbing.

I am fixing a networking bug that took network down for an hour yesterday. Some types of abnormal disconnections or blocking by the chinese firewall can cause the client to get black listed for an hour and show zero peers. I am removing some of the black list conditions to improve reliability when internet connectivity is being attacked/blocked/disrupted.

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:38:43 PM

Going through my browser bookmarks, deleting links I no longer need, I had this coin bookmarked. A quick look through the thread, i saw my one and only post. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg4172562#msg4172562

So since 2013, there is a lot of waffling, no mining, IPO just released 23/2/15 and what is the current state?

Is the IPO on any exchanges?

Most people do not have the time to read every posts hence the first post by skycoin needs a major revamp and update.

Purpose of this coin?

cheers to anyone who can answer my questions.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:19:54 PM

No, but it does seem like the non-transparent amount of IPO funds raised so far are being blown through without any sort of accounting of use (at least BitShares had the decency to document everything) for contractors and the like.

Enjoying the conspiracy theory posts though.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Omega.SportSciencie

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:24:14 PM

Update:

Shadowsocks is the only way to access the internet from inside of China. This is disturbing.

I am fixing a networking bug that took network down for an hour yesterday. Some types of abnormal disconnections or blocking by the chinese firewall can cause the client to get black listed for an hour and show zero peers. I am removing some of the black list conditions to improve reliability when internet connectivity is being attacked/blocked/disrupted.

China banning those services at the sametime its stock market is crashing are not good news to China Citizens.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 09:15:55 PM

Update:

Which government?! Chinese or US?!
But if this is removed from github this does not mean is removed from the internet.
There should be a copy somewhere for sure not only of this code but also other codes
that were removed  like truecrypt etc...

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:12:10 PM

Enjoying the conspiracy theory posts though.

That's what I meant by "there is a lot of waffling."

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:59:05 AM

Update:

Oh, man, there are many VPN services, free or charge, like this one: http://www.vpnhx.com/  it's stable through not free.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:05:06 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 10:45:19 AM by skycoin

IPO Update:

IPO problems:

Some people are having trouble receiving messages.

Make sure you leave bitmessage open long enough to receive the response message. To receive Bitmessage messages, you have to leave bitmessage open for about an hour. Bitmessage has to download every message on the network. If you do no leave the client open for long enough, the return message will not be received.

I am replying to the messages in under an hour, but some people are not leaving Bitmessage open long enough to receive them.

IPO Common Questions

Here are common questions

Windows client is here: http://128.199.188.22/

Run the client and run http://127.0.0.1:6420/ in the web broswer

The windows client may still have bug, where it needs to re-download all the blocks every time it is opened. This means balances disappear until the blocks are redownloaded, then reappear. Go to http://127.0.0.1:6420/blockchain and check the block depth (seq).

The exchange rate is fixed with Bitcoin at 2500 SKY per BTC. This is the price it will float at once exchange is up. Adjusting price up and down is too difficult because of bitcoin volatility. This price was chosen to be equal to 0.10 cents per coin when Bitcoin was at $250.

To buy coins, download bitmessage and message BM-2cU8XJp3GPVQG75ZwMjiyzdDEa9eD4B7iM with your skycoin address, a return address for Bitcoin, username/contact information and how many coins to buy.

This is a good example message

Hi, I still don't have your response since april. I hope this time you'll read this message )
===
{    
bitcoin_addr: "1BrYV9NDuoXdxK46gcYvHDxj5J1WvC6dnr",    
skycoin_addr: "2bJVVKi3UU9FKEAnZpvNQRWMom9Pp1SYp8k",    
coins_requested: "1100"
}
===

Development Updates:

I have switched the peer list to json instead of csv and am merging in the blacklist and peer lists.

The new peer list format looks like.

This is first step to adding new fields to the peer list state and renabling PEX (peer-exchange). Fake peers were being spammed when we were using DHT for peer-discovery. This meant it could take up to two minutes to find a valid peer and begin downloading the blockchain. Under the new protocol, a peer will only be announced to peers if they have a port that is open for incoming connections. This will decrease the time to find other peers further.

The peer blacklist conditions were turned down, because it was being triggered by China's firewall and by abnormal networking conditions. A peer would get blacklisted for an hour if they made a connection attempt and the firewall dropped the connection before the introduction packet was received by the other side. Black list conditions were reduced and now clients are not blacklisted until they send invalid data.

II am adding periodic blockchain saving every 20 seconds, right now, which should fix the windows bug. This should have been pushed a while ago, but was pushed to wrong branch.

I might do quick change to the client to show block height at bottom of the screen and to show connection count.

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:23:12 PM

I understand the disappointment of many users about the lack of progress and lack of return on investment with Skycoin. However, I think you have to see this project as a crowdfunding exercise - in which you support an innovative project - rather than an investment process. You see, there is the above post where the developer describes the wallet recovery process and mechanism. That's one of the innovation that brings more to the table than the other 1,000 meaningless, useless, fucking BTC/LTC clones do combined. 

I am happy to follow and support this project whoever the skycoin dev is. This type of projects could change the world or at least bring a lot to the table, while the 1,000 BTC/LTC clone coins that used by nobody but pumped and dumped on the exchanges are nothing but digital excrements.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:26:53 PM

I understand the disappointment of many users about the lack of progress and lack of return on investment with Skycoin. However, I think you have to see this project as a crowdfunding exercise - in which you support an innovative project - rather than an investment process. You see, there is the above post where the developer describes the wallet recovery process and mechanism. That's one of the innovation that brings more to the table than the other 1,000 meaningless, useless, fucking BTC/LTC clones do combined. 

I am happy to follow and support this project whoever the skycoin dev is. This type of projects could change the world or at least bring a lot to the table, while the 1,000 BTC/LTC clone coins that used by nobody but pumped and dumped on the exchanges are nothing but digital excrements.

Better to think of altcoin investing as "kickstarter" ... or "gofundme (donations)" at this point  Cheesy Grin

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:10:23 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 08:25:56 PM by altcoinUK

Better to think of altcoin investing as "kickstarter" ... or "gofundme (donations)" at this point  Cheesy Grin

Something like that, but this man, skycoin at least innovates and contributes something to the information technology field. Some of his topics even have some serious social or political aspects like the Mesh Network (not that it is feasible at all in the context of this project but it is a great research subject and one way to address totalitarian oppression).

In my opinion this is one of the very few projects that has a real value.
There is for example Bob's latest venture the CryptoCircuits coin. What the fuck is that? 400-500 users - of course many of them shills and sockpuppets of Bob, but there are quite a lot real users as well - sell to each other a completely useless and meaningless digital currency. They hype and hope to get some newbies' money into the coin. Hype & Hope and Pump & Dump.  The USP (unique selling point) is the bot in the wallet. So they can trade with each other from the wallet the otherwise completely useless digital currency that isn't related to any real world use cases. Wtf? What a great innovation is that: trade from the wallet a completely useless digital currency! But to be fair, at least CryptoCircuits created something with the wallet bot - 99% of the coins create absolutely nothing except rename a few parameters during the clone of BTC or LTC code base.

No wonder digital currency is dead and even Bitcoin is in trouble, though probably Bitcoin eventually survive. There is no connection between real world and digital currencies, only a few thousands of us in this forum excited/interested about digital currencies. That's all the digital currency movement worldwide. That's all became Satoshi's remarkable idea about decentralized ledger and digital currency, a few thousands of us in this Forum. That is pathetic really after the so much hype digital currency received in the worldwide media.

Skycoin or the work of TPTB_need_war and his incoming coin relate real world problems to digital currency and in my opinion they are worth the support of the community even that in the case of Skycoin it is unlikely that there will be any profit for the investors.

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: