Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-trader.biz  (Read 203880 times)
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:18:37 PM

bitcoin-trader stated somewhere (I don't remeber where) that they do not use arbitrage bots.

Which is just one of many claims which makes no sense. If they're not using bots they will be eaten alive by those who do. Any order they put up which would make a profit would be undercut or outbid in seconds or less. If the price changes quickly their orders would lead to arbitrage opportunities, which the bots would exploit before BT had a chance to cancel them.
Exactly. BT has indicated several times that they only work on business days/hours, so that's a clear indication that there's no bot running independently. Which for arbitrage trading is stupid. I did arbitrage manually for a while, but once I finished my bot, my profits went up while my time investment went down considerably.

And if one guy on his own can hobby-code a bot together in a short time, surely a "professional organization" such as BT should be able to as well.

It's just one of the many holes in their story. No matter how many "representatives" and nice words you throw at it, it doesn't change the underlying truth.

As for the representatives; Sorry, but they clearly have no other information than what they're fed by someone they have never met and have no idea who is. That's just the same as everyone else.
Yup. They're either paid shills or just the operator making a new account. They've added zero concrete evidence of legitimate operation, nor have they tried to provide believable explanations for the glaring holes in the BT story.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:53:26 PM

Would love to see picture also.
vach

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:39:30 AM

OK so the conclusion is BT is a scam as well...
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:24:13 AM

site down

Acura360

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:06:28 AM

Stay calm... And purchase new shares Cheesy

▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
                                           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
                                ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌              ▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌              ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▀▀▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     █▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓           █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄          ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                          ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓                            ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

INEL
COMPANY
  | 
Crowdfunding platform for collective
investment in real estate
  [ 
INVEST
  ]  Airdrop Bot | Instagram
Telegrameng | Telegramru
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:08:10 AM

Don't panic, Facebook page says they re fixing it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
TraderThom

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:35:25 AM

See,that is the kind of feedback I love seeing. People making decisions on their own without humdrumming about. If you feel something is a scam,don't muck about,just say it out loud and stand by your decision. BT is not a scam and not a Ponzy,and the beauty of p2p is that the more trust is built over time the more a company will be trusted. I would like to turn the tables a bit and ask for hard evidence that Bitcoin Trader is indeed a ponzy,and solid proof that we don't do arbitrage trading. In all fairness,all the evidence anyone on here has given is merely speculation and conclusions based on interpretations from a lack of evidence. So I will personally give a $100 reward for undeniable hard evidence that Bitcoin Trader is a Ponzy scheme.
PinkPanther99

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:40:52 AM

Hi,my name is Thomas Opperman. I am the PR manager at Bitcoin Trader. My Facebook account is 100006261707339@facebook.com. I have "met" Michael Brandenburg on Skype and I am an employee of BT.

So why cant Michael Brandenburg skype with other members or do a pre recorded video for the group? You saying you "skyped" with him is like saying you met an alien at this point...

So far we are doing an audit that will be done by end of August. We have tried some of your other suggestions but got criticized that we photoshoped pictures and faked the trading results. The company has decided that the audit is sufficient proof. As for the programming and software: They used a suitable program that works for the intended purposes. What others use it for is none of our business. That's like saying law enforcement cant use guns because guns are used by criminals,so anyone who uses guns must be criminals.
We are doing all we can to prove to people that we make money in the way we say we make money,and hopefully that is enough. Thank you for the suggestions,though,I appreciate that you do not go into attack mode Wink

Like Msarro, I have kept tabs on BT like a crazy stalker, and not once have I seen any of these "photos" you speak of..

As for the Audit, the last piece of information that was released was that "john carley" was choosing an auditor.. We never found out who he actually picked.

I also want to point out that I find it awfully suspicious that you would want to keep the company conducting the audit "anonymous". Im pretty sure I read somewhere that "John Carley" has worked in finance for many years and has experience in Auditing... Who's to say he isnt conducting the audit himself and choosing what to publish?

I believe the excuse given by Thomas Opperman in the facebook group as to why the companies name couldnt be revealed was so they wouldnt get "bombarded with phone calls"... Seriously? isnt that what a receptionist is for? besides, why does BT care about the phone bill of some random accounting firm? leave that to them to deal with...

vach

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:54:52 AM

See,that is the kind of feedback I love seeing. People making decisions on their own without humdrumming about. If you feel something is a scam,don't muck about,just say it out loud and stand by your decision. BT is not a scam and not a Ponzy,and the beauty of p2p is that the more trust is built over time the more a company will be trusted. I would like to turn the tables a bit and ask for hard evidence that Bitcoin Trader is indeed a ponzy,and solid proof that we don't do arbitrage trading. In all fairness,all the evidence anyone on here has given is merely speculation and conclusions based on interpretations from a lack of evidence. So I will personally give a $100 reward for undeniable hard evidence that Bitcoin Trader is a Ponzy scheme.

I'll give 1000$ for evidence that it is not. Because if its not, and i can safely invest all my money there, then after a year of reinvestment I'd have passive income enough to live the live I always wanted. You wont believe how much i want it to be a true business (i think the fact that i'm spending this much time on this is a clear indication for that)

But the problem in my case is that my greed often failed me, because i was relying on lack of evidence that something is a scam instead i should rely only on facts that it is not. And unfortunately there are no facts, right now I dont see any legitimate business to earn passive income buy investing my money.

vach

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:56:56 AM

Site's back up, only down for a couple of hours.
Anyone have any money on this site?
I do, I get paid as per their posted daily returns.
I roll most of it back in but I pull some out when I need it, there's never a prob getting it out.
I honestly can't say whether it's good or bad, I really don't know. But, so far, so good.
If I get hosed I'll post and let people know.
Cheers.

no one knows, not even their representatives (if someone of them is guaranteing that BT is not a scam then i'm ready to have a business with that person)
vach

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 10:05:09 AM

So far only profitable way to deal with hyips i came up with is to invest portions of your total fortune (do not put all eggs into one bucket), and do not reinvest. Withdraw money as soon as they are available until you get initial investment back.

Thus I'll invest with BT i'll use Hashlets but i'll invest only 10% of what I have on my wallet. So that even if it goes down, there will be high probability that i've already earned that sum with other investments...
TraderThom

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:20:52 AM

Hi,my name is Thomas Opperman. I am the PR manager at Bitcoin Trader. My Facebook account is 100006261707339@facebook.com. I have "met" Michael Brandenburg on Skype and I am an employee of BT.

So why cant Michael Brandenburg skype with other members or do a pre recorded video for the group? You saying you "skyped" with him is like saying you met an alien at this point...

So far we are doing an audit that will be done by end of August. We have tried some of your other suggestions but got criticized that we photoshoped pictures and faked the trading results. The company has decided that the audit is sufficient proof. As for the programming and software: They used a suitable program that works for the intended purposes. What others use it for is none of our business. That's like saying law enforcement cant use guns because guns are used by criminals,so anyone who uses guns must be criminals.
We are doing all we can to prove to people that we make money in the way we say we make money,and hopefully that is enough. Thank you for the suggestions,though,I appreciate that you do not go into attack mode Wink

Like Msarro, I have kept tabs on BT like a crazy stalker, and not once have I seen any of these "photos" you speak of..

As for the Audit, the last piece of information that was released was that "john carley" was choosing an auditor.. We never found out who he actually picked.

I also want to point out that I find it awfully suspicious that you would want to keep the company conducting the audit "anonymous". Im pretty sure I read somewhere that "John Carley" has worked in finance for many years and has experience in Auditing... Who's to say he isnt conducting the audit himself and choosing what to publish?

I believe the excuse given by Thomas Opperman in the facebook group as to why the companies name couldnt be revealed was so they wouldnt get "bombarded with phone calls"... Seriously? isnt that what a receptionist is for? besides, why does BT care about the phone bill of some random accounting firm? leave that to them to deal with...

We did come back to that question on the FB page and informed about a new firm being chosen. And the firm is only staying anonymous until we post the results of the audit.That is a decision we made as management of BT. We do not have to consult the public about our decisions,do we? I understand that everyone wants to have peace of mind as soon as possible,but we made decisions about these things,not suggestions.So in short: Wait until the audit results are made public and then phone the firm to your heart's content.
PinkPanther99

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:23:23 AM

Site's back up, only down for a couple of hours.
Anyone have any money on this site?
I do, I get paid as per their posted daily returns.
I roll most of it back in but I pull some out when I need it, there's never a prob getting it out.
I honestly can't say whether it's good or bad, I really don't know. But, so far, so good.
If I get hosed I'll post and let people know.
Cheers.

Site is back up, but you cant login...

vach

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 10:24:18 AM

sounds good, i'll wait for that audit,
is it expected anytime soon? next month maybe?
roparker2014

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:32:27 AM

So it's gone down again apparently ...

I have a question - how is it that the returns are so consistent? With manual arbitrage trading I would expect greater variation in the rate of return. No one knows for sure what direction the market is going to head at any given moment (if they did, they would be a multi-billionaire) so there is always an element of luck involved. How is it possible that bitcoin-trader traders consistently achieve daily returns of between 0.5 - 1% ?

It would make more sense (and seem more legit) if, say occasionally we say 2%, then occasionally a negative return. Particularly during periods of high volatility. 
TraderThom

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:37:39 AM

I'll give 1000$ for evidence that it is not. Because if its not, and i can safely invest all my money there, then after a year of reinvestment I'd have passive income enough to live the live I always wanted. You wont believe how much i want it to be a true business (i think the fact that i'm spending this much time on this is a clear indication for that)

But the problem in my case is that my greed often failed me, because i was relying on lack of evidence that something is a scam instead i should rely only on facts that it is not. And unfortunately there are no facts, right now I dont see any legitimate business to earn passive income buy investing my money.

Challenge accepted. But instead of paying me the $1000 when we give the audit results,invest it and enjoy the rewards. The point is that Crypto Currency has changed the world and all the rules and ways of doing business. Some people ask us where our building is located,but in today's age there is no need for a building and offices,and I wouldn't take a building as proof of legitimacy. Years ago everyone would have demanded a fax number and a postbox. And one of my questions is : do you know how your Bank manager looks and what his boss looks like? People don't even know who owns their bank. The transition from the old to the new is going to take time and patience. And except for a few tech problems and mistakes I made,BT has not disappointed any of their customers.
PinkPanther99

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:38:47 AM

We did come back to that question on the FB page and informed about a new firm being chosen. And the firm is only staying anonymous until we post the results of the audit.That is a decision we made as management of BT. We do not have to consult the public about our decisions,do we? I understand that everyone wants to have peace of mind as soon as possible,but we made decisions about these things,not suggestions.So in short: Wait until the audit results are made public and then phone the firm to your heart's content.

About this Audit, it was stated in the group it would be completed by the end of August. You also said that BT would have to set a weekday to not trade, meaning members wouldn't receive a payout... It was also said that an extra cut would be taken from our earnings to pay for this Audit.

With 8 days left of august (meaning one trading week left), I'm curious to know when BT is going to disclose which day they wont be trading, and how much this "extra cut" is going to be... and how long this extra cut is going to be taken out for... It's all being left rather last minute if you ask me...
TraderThom

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:58:55 AM

I have a question - how is it that the returns are so consistent? With manual arbitrage trading I would expect greater variation in the rate of return. No one knows for sure what direction the market is going to head at any given moment (if they did, they would be a multi-billionaire) so there is always an element of luck involved. How is it possible that bitcoin-trader traders consistently achieve daily returns of between 0.5 - 1% ?

It would make more sense (and seem more legit) if, say occasionally we say 2%, then occasionally a negative return. Particularly during periods of high volatility. 

That is like asking KFC for the Colonel's recipe or asking Rolex for their blueprints. At the start there were a few days that the results fluctuated like that,and that caused panic. John then adapted the strategy to make the results more consistent while trying to maintain the average monthly growth. So exactly the thing that makes you skeptic made others nervous at an earlier point.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:25:46 AM

People making decisions without evidence, and claiming higher conviction that those with evidence for another decision, look like fools.

I have made an analysis on their published data and it's absolutely inconclusive, I can't make any statement about their validity at this point, based on available evidence.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

That is like asking KFC for the Colonel's recipe or asking Rolex for their blueprints. At the start there were a few days that the results fluctuated like that,and that caused panic. John then adapted the strategy to make the results more consistent while trying to maintain the average monthly growth. So exactly the thing that makes you skeptic made others nervous at an earlier point.
Except, anyone can make KFC-like chicken wings and Rolex replicas that have similar results: delicious hunger reducing food and useless time telling device.

What can you do if you knew now KFC's recipe, or bitcoin-trader's design? Nothing!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: