Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:31:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:05:11 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 07:20:50 PM by mcjavar

Asset Exchange is very slick. Better than Nxt's best client.

I understand, that you had some problems with some of the guys over in the Nxt thread, but looking at your recent posts here, it seems that you are now trying to talk Nxt down.

The counterparty webclient is very neat, indeed, as well as some Nxt clients are neat, too. Don´t be biased and please don´t denigrate the work of a lot of people, just because you´re angry.

just to make it clear:
I have a higher stake in XCP as in Nxt (proportionally), but I think that both approaches are very interesting and promising. I just don´t like if someone is spreading false/bad information over and over again, just because of rage or disappoitnment.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:02:32 PM

So you would send me the Gold via post mail. Did I get that right?
How do I know that you have the gold?
And you also provide a BTC/1ozGold price feed? What data is that feed based on exactly?

Answer1:
We don't send you the gold. Our system is setup that gold goes directly from the gold seller to the custodian. We never touch your gold.

Answer 2:
With our special custody agreement, you can conduct an independent audit on the gold in custody. Again, we never touch your gold. It's in professional, bonded, insured, guarded custody.

Answer 3:
We will provide a feed on spot gold. I just need to figure out how to do that on Counterparty, but it's not a blocker to trading your gold coin on the DEX.

EDIT: Super Thanks for these questions, l4p7. I will add them to our FAQ right now.

have you considered issuing pxgold asset later ?

BitcoinTangibleTrust

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:06:03 PM

Product and Service Updates April 5, 2014
Our mission is to digitize all valuable assets into the Counterparty platform and to build a trustless, yet reputable service that delivers unmatched ability to access asset markets, globally.

Selling 1/2 Oz of Gold with Bitcoin Tangible Trust process and Counterparty community member led_cd/Global_trade Repo:
Now that we've completed a purchase and custody of 1/2 Oz gold with led_cd, we are reversing the transaction. We are selling gold!

Led_cd (aka Global_Trade Repo) would welcome an offer to trade the 1/2 Oz gold for BTC. Although the offer on the DEX expired, will you consider making a new offer on the DEX?  He is willing to trade 1.5 BTC for 1 GLDAGOAAAAAAA which is at a discount from current Agora price of 1.5660 BTC. If you don't know how to trade on the DEX, but would like to purchase quickly, you may place an order online here. We are not charging any fees for purchases on our website. You may also wait for Counterwallet's launch on Mainnet tomorrow to make an offer!

New BitcoinTangible Trust Sales in Silver!
We have new sales in Silver! 10 Pieces of Silver purchased and we have issued new coins. This week, we will be uploading Proof of Purchase and Proof of Custody once the coins are delivered. You may see our growing catalog of physical and digital assets here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/

Help us give away five "Pieces of Eight" Digital Silver Coins
Thank you Counterparty Devs and the Counterparty Community on ideas you shared to promote our upcoming raffle giveaway of five "Pieces of Eight". We were inspired by the feedback and will be exploring which idea we can implement quickly and cheaply. Special thanks to community members halfcab123 and romerun for excellent ideas!

BTT publishes KYC and AML Policies
BitcoinTangibleTrust has uploaded new KYC and AML policies online. You may review our policies here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/knowyourcustomer_anti-moneylaundering/. If the community has any feedback or questions regarding these policies, we'd welcome hearing them.

Happy Saturday from the Bitcoin Tangible Trust Team
Cross Posted to Counterparty Forums: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,203.0.html

Digital Tangible
Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto http://www.digitaltangibletrust.com
BitcoinTangibleTrust

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:41:06 PM

Absolutely.

Digital Tangible
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:51:33 PM

Absolutely.

If you could also consider stopping your daily spam / scam ...
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:26:48 PM

Absolutely.

If you could also consider stopping your daily spam / scam ...

Oh, Bellebite, you used to occasionally provide some needed critique, albeit inelegantly expressed. Your poor etiquette and childish tantrums were at least redeemed by your humor. Now you're just an unfunny, drunk heckler. Please excuse yourself and slip out the back.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:09:36 AM

BitcoinTangibleTrust has uploaded new KYC and AML policies online. You may review our policies here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/knowyourcustomer_anti-moneylaundering/. If the community has any feedback or questions regarding these policies, we'd welcome hearing them.

I have a major problem with this:

Fictitious names may result in loss or forfeiture of your physical assets and digital tokens.

I will never trust anyone who makes a statement like this with my money for anything other than very short pass-through. What it amounts to is that you are reserving the right to steal someone's property. If you decide you don't want to do business with someone, you should just return their assets to them in full.
BitcoinTangibleTrust

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 12:24:26 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 12:41:38 AM by BitcoinTangibleTrust

Fictitious names may result in loss or forfeiture of your physical assets and digital tokens.

I will never trust anyone who makes a statement like this with my money for anything other than very short pass-through. What it amounts to is that you are reserving the right to steal someone's property. If you decide you don't want to do business with someone, you should just return their assets to them in full.

Ah. Good catch td services. I think there may be some confusion which we need to address.

This "real name" requirement is for the AML/KYC requirements at redemption where we deliver physical gold to a contact. For example, we cannot redeem physical gold to Santa Clause residing at 85 Broad Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 1004. If the gold being redeemed is 100 Oz or $130,000 USD, then we will need correct contact information of the person taking the gold. If they provide false information, we do not personally take the gold, but we may have to report suspicious activity and alert authorities that Santa Clause tried to make a withdrawal.

We BTT cannot be seen or perceived to be an avenue for money launering or withdrawal of stolen coins. We would gladly consider rewording that answer if you have any recommendations that better communicate our risk management approach above.

Lastly, we cannot enrich ourselves on fraudulent activity or take precious metals that are rightfully owned by our customers. That would be fraud as well.

BTT

EDIT: Updated the Policy to clarify that we're targeting fraudulent contact information.
"Fraudulent contact information used for redemption of physical precious metals may result in loss or forfeiture of your physical assets and digital tokens."

Digital Tangible
voldemort628

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:07:45 AM

I just sold 98% of my Nxt holdings this week because I see too many problems with it and Nxt community here at bitcointalk is full of knuckleheads who basically ran me off for asking technical questions. I don't know much about counterparty but I've heard it's pretty cool
and does more than Nxt. Can the community here help me get started?

Hi Brian, wanna exchange the rest of your nxt directly for xcp?
Since u hate nxt so much and like xcp so well (so far)

We can use escrow and i will ensure the guy pay tx fee lol

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▐ CRYPTI▐
a Node.JS coin built from scratch. With Proof of Time, Purchase and Identity. Custom blockchains and much more!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:09:48 AM

Ah. Good catch td services. I think there may be some confusion which we need to address.

This "real name" requirement is for the AML/KYC requirements at redemption where we deliver physical gold to a contact. For example, we cannot redeem physical gold to Santa Clause residing at 85 Broad Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 1004. If the gold being redeemed is 100 Oz or $130,000 USD, then we will need correct contact information of the person taking the gold. If they provide false information, we do not personally take the gold, but we may have to report suspicious activity and alert authorities that Santa Clause tried to make a withdrawal.

We BTT cannot be seen or perceived to be an avenue for money launering or withdrawal of stolen coins. We would gladly consider rewording that answer if you have any recommendations that better communicate our risk management approach above.

Lastly, we cannot enrich ourselves on fraudulent activity or take precious metals that are rightfully owned by our customers. That would be fraud as well.

BTT

EDIT: Updated the Policy to clarify that we're targeting fraudulent contact information.
"Fraudulent contact information used for redemption of physical precious metals may result in loss or forfeiture of your physical assets and digital tokens."

BTT, phrasing is everything. You might simply say that your policy is in accord with the laws of <insert jurisdiction here> and that the intent is to protect your customers from bad actors. Phrase it so that you position yourself as advocates for your clients' interests. You don't want to appear to be agents of a "Big Brother" surveillance program, or the "precious metals police," determined to exploit your customers' desire for privacy, right? And connect your statement with the mission of your business, which is about relying on the security of the blockchain, the reputation of your custodians (along with appropriate auditing), and universal access afforded by Bitcoin and Counterparty. Your policies are meant to make it difficult or impossible for bad actors to violate the "Circle of Trust," right?

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:01:49 AM

Counterwallet will be live on mainnet this Sunday, 6
April.

US time or Euro time?

It is Apr., 6, Sunday now in Euro time.
cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:03:51 AM

Counterwallet will be live on mainnet this Sunday, 6
April.

US time or Euro time?

It is Apr., 6, Sunday now in Euro time.

It will be some time in the afternoon or evening, EST.
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:57:45 AM

Asset Exchange is very slick. Better than Nxt's best client.

I understand, that you had some problems with some of the guys over in the Nxt thread, but looking at your recent posts here, it seems that you are now trying to talk Nxt down.

The counterparty webclient is very neat, indeed, as well as some Nxt clients are neat, too. Don´t be biased and please don´t denigrate the work of a lot of people, just because you´re angry.

just to make it clear:
I have a higher stake in XCP as in Nxt (proportionally), but I think that both approaches are very interesting and promising. I just don´t like if someone is spreading false/bad information over and over again, just because of rage or disappoitnment.

Thanks mom.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:05:53 AM

A quick question about Counterwallet.

If someone enter the pass phrase with a wrong word by mistake, can he still login to a newly created account? In this case, if he store a lot of XCP into this account, he may have no chance to login to this account later because he did not really know what's the pass phrase he entered.

EDIT: it is confirmed that user can login into a wrong account by accident, for example if he type 'might' for 'mighty' or vice versa.

Is there any measure has been taken to avoid this issue?  For example, has to enter pass phrase twice for a newly created account?
EDIT: it seems there's no way to avoid this mistake yet.

Otherwise, users have to be warned that you have to login into the same account at least twice and check the generated addresses are the same, before you store any value into this account.

PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

If someone enter the pass phrase with a wrong word by mistake, can he still login to a newly created account? In this case, if he store a lot of XCP into this account, he may have no chance to login to this account later because he did not really know what's the pass phrase he entered.

EDIT: it is confirmed that user can login into a wrong account by accident, for example if he type 'might' for 'mighty' or vice versa.

Is there any measure has been taken to avoid this issue?  For example, has to enter pass phrase twice for a newly created account?

Otherwise, users have to be warned that you have to login into the same account at least twice and check the generated addresses are the same, before you store any value into this account.

No, there's no checksum in the passphrases, which are standard within the Bitcoin ecosystem. If it is only off by a little, however, then you can bruteforce your way in.
BitcoinTangibleTrust

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:02:15 AM

BTT, phrasing is everything. You might simply say that your policy is in accord with the laws of <insert jurisdiction here> and that the intent is to protect your customers from bad actors. Phrase it so that you position yourself as advocates for your clients' interests. You don't want to appear to be agents of a "Big Brother" surveillance program, or the "precious metals police," determined to exploit your customers' desire for privacy, right? And connect your statement with the mission of your business, which is about relying on the security of the blockchain, the reputation of your custodians (along with appropriate auditing), and universal access afforded by Bitcoin and Counterparty. Your policies are meant to make it difficult or impossible for bad actors to violate the "Circle of Trust," right?

Thank you sparta_cuss. Indeed you are correct. We only wish to protect our customers from bad actors and to dissuade bad actors (as well as US regulators) from considering us permissive in our policies. We've updated our KYC/AML policy with the text below.

BitcoinTangibleTrust (DigitalTangibleTrust) is not a bank but is still subject to the “Know your customer” clause in the US Patriot Act and "Anti-Money Laundering" requirements.
Most of the same personal information that you need to open a bank account is required to place an order with BitcoinTangibleTrust. BitcoinTangibleTrust will fulfill a purchase and/or physical redemption order for anyone who provides the basic information normally required (e.g., address, telephone, email address, etc). BitcoinTangibleTrust records each transaction and keeps an audit trail that can be retrieved if needed to meet the legal process if requested.

In most cases this will not affect you the customer as all this information is required for BitcoinTangibleTrust and its partners to fulfill an order. Please ensure that all data is entered correctly when you check out or when you register your digital coins for redemption and delivery. Our policy objective is to protect our customers from bad actors and to remain compliant with the financial services laws of the United States. We take our customer privacy seriously and we will never volunteer our customer purchase or redemption information outside of the legal process.

Digital Tangible
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:34:59 AM

two interesting features in counterwallet that I was surprised to see are priming address (not sure how it's done though), and the auto btcpay (although for some reasons, last time I tried, it took a few hours to complete, is it normal ?)
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:17:59 AM

No, there's no checksum in the passphrases, which are standard within the Bitcoin ecosystem. If it is only off by a little, however, then you can bruteforce your way in.
There are twelve words, so brute forcing is not so easy. It's better to be more considerate now than receiving complaints later. Two suggestions.
1) find a way to avoid typo in creating an account. E.g. Adding an option for people to confirm their pass phrase And encourage them to do so after the first login.
2) if you have a dictionary of acceptable words, remove those similar words: e.g. might/mighty
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:59:21 AM

Since the passwords is a combination of words - typos should be noticeable (unless it's something like foul/fool - and it wouldn't take a lot of tries to check all 1 letter permutations of a word) - at any rate I would keep a paper copy rather than relying on memory alone. Bruteforcing is possible to a very limited extent (idk how big the dictionary is, but say 30k) so that would be the number of tries for a single missing word if you knew where it went, 30k*12 if it's a random insertion, two words would be 30k*12*30k*11.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:21:56 AM

would be nice to have a checkbox to show/hide password (with the default to hide), typing 12 words can go wrong easily especially on ipad/iphone/android
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: