Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:00:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276301 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:52:20 AM

BTT, phrasing is everything. You might simply say that your policy is in accord with the laws of <insert jurisdiction here> and that the intent is to protect your customers from bad actors. Phrase it so that you position yourself as advocates for your clients' interests. You don't want to appear to be agents of a "Big Brother" surveillance program, or the "precious metals police," determined to exploit your customers' desire for privacy, right? And connect your statement with the mission of your business, which is about relying on the security of the blockchain, the reputation of your custodians (along with appropriate auditing), and universal access afforded by Bitcoin and Counterparty. Your policies are meant to make it difficult or impossible for bad actors to violate the "Circle of Trust," right?

Thank you sparta_cuss. Indeed you are correct. We only wish to protect our customers from bad actors and to dissuade bad actors (as well as US regulators) from considering us permissive in our policies. We've updated our KYC/AML policy with the text below.

BitcoinTangibleTrust (DigitalTangibleTrust) is not a bank but is still subject to the “Know your customer” clause in the US Patriot Act and "Anti-Money Laundering" requirements.
Most of the same personal information that you need to open a bank account is required to place an order with BitcoinTangibleTrust. BitcoinTangibleTrust will fulfill a purchase and/or physical redemption order for anyone who provides the basic information normally required (e.g., address, telephone, email address, etc). BitcoinTangibleTrust records each transaction and keeps an audit trail that can be retrieved if needed to meet the legal process if requested.

In most cases this will not affect you the customer as all this information is required for BitcoinTangibleTrust and its partners to fulfill an order. Please ensure that all data is entered correctly when you check out or when you register your digital coins for redemption and delivery. Our policy objective is to protect our customers from bad actors and to remain compliant with the financial services laws of the United States. We take our customer privacy seriously and we will never volunteer our customer purchase or redemption information outside of the legal process.

This is a lot better. I take it the information only needs to be provided to redeem BTT issued assets for physical? Seems like BTT would be better off in some jurisdiction other than US.

By the way, is the 2,000,000 Gold Eagle asset pending at http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/ for real? This would be about 2.6 billion USD in value.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:32:47 AM

will there be windows, osx & linux builds of the wallet once the mainnet version is live, like carbonwallet? sometimes people seem to like idea of having 'native' wallets served from their machines, even if that native app isn't much more than a embedded web renderer

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:16:07 AM

BTT, phrasing is everything. You might simply say that your policy is in accord with the laws of <insert jurisdiction here> and that the intent is to protect your customers from bad actors. Phrase it so that you position yourself as advocates for your clients' interests. You don't want to appear to be agents of a "Big Brother" surveillance program, or the "precious metals police," determined to exploit your customers' desire for privacy, right? And connect your statement with the mission of your business, which is about relying on the security of the blockchain, the reputation of your custodians (along with appropriate auditing), and universal access afforded by Bitcoin and Counterparty. Your policies are meant to make it difficult or impossible for bad actors to violate the "Circle of Trust," right?

Thank you sparta_cuss. Indeed you are correct. We only wish to protect our customers from bad actors and to dissuade bad actors (as well as US regulators) from considering us permissive in our policies. We've updated our KYC/AML policy with the text below.

BitcoinTangibleTrust (DigitalTangibleTrust) is not a bank but is still subject to the “Know your customer” clause in the US Patriot Act and "Anti-Money Laundering" requirements.
Most of the same personal information that you need to open a bank account is required to place an order with BitcoinTangibleTrust. BitcoinTangibleTrust will fulfill a purchase and/or physical redemption order for anyone who provides the basic information normally required (e.g., address, telephone, email address, etc). BitcoinTangibleTrust records each transaction and keeps an audit trail that can be retrieved if needed to meet the legal process if requested.

In most cases this will not affect you the customer as all this information is required for BitcoinTangibleTrust and its partners to fulfill an order. Please ensure that all data is entered correctly when you check out or when you register your digital coins for redemption and delivery. Our policy objective is to protect our customers from bad actors and to remain compliant with the financial services laws of the United States. We take our customer privacy seriously and we will never volunteer our customer purchase or redemption information outside of the legal process.

This is a lot better. I take it the information only needs to be provided to redeem BTT issued assets for physical? Seems like BTT would be better off in some jurisdiction other than US.

By the way, is the 2,000,000 Gold Eagle asset pending at http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/ for real? This would be about 2.6 billion USD in value.

What will that mean for the value of XCP if it is true?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:18:27 AM

'might' for 'mighty'

I'm not sure how it's done here, but let's look at BIP 39 for some ideas:

An ideal wordlist has the following characteristics:

a) smart selection of words
   - wordlist is created in such way that it's enough to type the first four
     letters to unambiguously identify the word

b) similar words avoided
   - word pairs like "build" and "built", "woman" and "women", or "quick" and "quickly"
     not only make remembering the sentence difficult, but are also more error
     prone and more difficult to guess

c) sorted wordlists
   - wordlist is sorted which allows for more efficient lookup of the code words
     (i.e. implementation can use binary search instead of linear search)
   - this also allows trie (prefix tree) to be used, e.g. for better compression

And there is an example wordlist: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/english.txt

chong ching

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:33:54 PM

i want to run counterpartyd on a server.

to hasten the setup process i was wondering what is the quickest way to download the entire blockchain with txindex=1.

is there a download source that has txindex=1 already configured and indexed that i can bootstrap?

if there isn't one i was wondering which course is faster -
1. downloading the entire blockchain with txindex=1 as described in the counterpartyd-build read the docs.
2. download bitcoin bootstrap as described here: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21473/how-can-i-import-blockchain-dat-into-bitcoind and then do the reindex.

what do you think?
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:31:44 PM

So are the bitcoin devs still threatening counterparty by getting rid of multisig?
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:15:07 PM

i want to run counterpartyd on a server.

to hasten the setup process i was wondering what is the quickest way to download the entire blockchain with txindex=1.

is there a download source that has txindex=1 already configured and indexed that i can bootstrap?

if there isn't one i was wondering which course is faster -
1. downloading the entire blockchain with txindex=1 as described in the counterpartyd-build read the docs.
2. download bitcoin bootstrap as described here: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21473/how-can-i-import-blockchain-dat-into-bitcoind and then do the reindex.

what do you think?
Fastest way imho is to download the torrent and then run with --reindex
qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:45:11 PM

So are the bitcoin devs still threatening counterparty by getting rid of multisig?

What do you want to say?! You have attacked XCP many times! I know you are from MSC.
bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:54:21 PM

What do you want to say?! You have attacked XCP many times! I know you are from MSC.
On the contrary,
i am an avid supporter of counter party, i jus t havn't been following up
so i was wondering the situation
its a legitimate concern
bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

On the contrary,
i am an avid supporter of counter party, i jus t havn't been following up
so i was wondering the situation
its a legitimate concern

You can also read this thread, providing you have one grey cell and one working eye. People are so lazy...

Too many pages,
go troll somehwere else belle bite,
the only thing i have picked up by reading the last few pages is that nobody likes you
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

I'd like to know if the assets in this link are legit, and are they going to be traded on poloniex:

http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/

anyone?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:31:34 PM

I'd like to know if the assets in this link are legit, and are they going to be traded on poloniex:

anyone?

Why would they be traded on poloniex?  They are being traded on the Counterparty distributed exchange.  Maybe not all of them yet, but they are being set up, and at least a couple of them are active.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:49:16 PM

anyone?

Why would they be traded on poloniex?  They are being traded on the Counterparty distributed exchange.  Maybe not all of them yet, but they are being set up, and at least a couple of them are active.

If you click the link next to the asset it takes you here: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_gold

That's why i thought it might be traded on poloniex.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Blackblanco

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

Is there anyone who has a contact at BTER?  My xcp transfer has not gone through to poloniex for many hours now (still says Processing with no tx id) and i know 2 others with the same problem right now.  They never respond to my tickets!!!  Help please :-)

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
 Robbed of 6700 BC, bought at 3k sat.  Donations much appreciated. BMzphiQ2NVXotkVCA7zECo5FfbAjrt368u  ZET:  ZRKFgHFhKYiyL6r1o3cU5swwvF2GBoAEjt
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:02:53 PM

Is there anyone who has a contact at BTER?  My xcp transfer has not gone through to poloniex for many hours now (still says Processing with no tx id) and i know 2 others with the same problem right now.  They never respond to my tickets!!!  Help please :-)

There is currently a problem with the XCP wallet on poloinex, ask one of the admins in the trollbox when it will be fixed.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

crypto era

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:17:57 PM

There is currently a problem with the XCP wallet on poloinex, ask one of the admins in the trollbox when it will be fixed.
I had a problem with my XCP transfering to my wallet from bter. I got a very vague response but I think they are looking into it. I think it might be the crypto.cipher module problem that was brought up some pages back in this thread.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:05:56 PM

I canno longer build from source using windows 7 64bit. An error saying "GMP MPIR library not found" appears. What should I download?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Blackblanco

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:25:18 PM

I had a problem with my XCP transfering to my wallet from bter. I got a very vague response but I think they are looking into it. I think it might be the crypto.cipher module problem that was brought up some pages back in this thread.

yeah, Busoni@Polo said it's on Bter's end but they never respond to my tickets!  Did they actually email you back?

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
 Robbed of 6700 BC, bought at 3k sat.  Donations much appreciated. BMzphiQ2NVXotkVCA7zECo5FfbAjrt368u  ZET:  ZRKFgHFhKYiyL6r1o3cU5swwvF2GBoAEjt
karolina

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:49:41 PM

Any updates on Counterwallet?

I'm not smart enough to use the command line version, and I also don't feel comfortable leaving funds on exchanges.
crypto era

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

yeah, Busoni@Polo said it's on Bter's end but they never respond to my tickets!  Did they actually email you back?

Yeah this is what they said
"Dear Sir,
Your request is recorded. The related person will check and fix it.
Thank you for patience"
They gave no information what so ever and kinda dodged my question on whats going on.
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: