Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276299 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mal_awer

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:06:22 PM

I am unable to import funds from blockchain.info wallets. Any help?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malibusparky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:10:34 PM

Somebody please explain what the fee required and provided mean exactly. Understand that lay people who are used to buying and selling on an exchange have no idea what
this means and who pays which. I made two sell xcp for btc orders. The first one was matched and expired without btc pay. I then cancelled it. The second time I just let it expire. Now my btc balance has been reduced permanently. Really? So just putting up innocent sell orders and nobody buying them results in me losing btc? Please explain for all the non techs.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

I tried to transfer xcp from blockchain address to counterwallet. I take private key from the blockchain BTC wallet under the option " Export unencrypted".
When I imported the private key to counterwallet, it shows "Not a valid private key".
same here...
tried a few times with firefox and chromium
Finansist

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:27:57 PM

Great to see this innovation launched today.

Yes
Thank you for developers to respond

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B8pdzFHThKZKW3rLKY7xJGW9XfGudtRbWj
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:29:31 PM

Somebody please explain what the fee required and provided mean exactly. Understand that lay people who are used to buying and selling on an exchange have no idea what
this means and who pays which. I made two sell xcp for btc orders. The first one was matched and expired without btc pay. I then cancelled it. The second time I just let it expire. Now my btc balance has been reduced permanently. Really? So just putting up innocent sell orders and nobody buying them results in me losing btc? Please explain for all the non techs.

In order to disincentivise trolling of the orderbook, offers to sell BTC must provide a fee to miners, which must match the 'fee required' by orders buying BTC. The default fee is 1%. You can extend the expiration time of your order when selling BTC, so that the fee paid per unit time is as low as you want. I've just opened up a GitHub issue about this, so that the default expiration time for BTC sell orders is greater than for other orders.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:38:42 PM

I tried to transfer xcp from blockchain address to counterwallet. I take private key from the blockchain BTC wallet under the option " Export unencrypted and and Bitcoin-Qt format". When I imported the private key to counterwallet, it shows "Not a valid private key". Anyone know how to solve this problem? Many thanks.

anybody help me?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Finansist

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:41:31 PM

any comments on how side chains make counter party redundant?

When you look for a platform that can weathered the storm best, would you put your most valuable assets on an inflatable raft tied to the Bitcoin boat?

I think most businesses would rather stay on BitcoinXCounterparty.

My guy
Bit collapse
We have a better choice or way?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Finansist

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:45:02 PM

I am unable to import funds from blockchain.info wallets. Any help?

I hope you can put your question in a bit more detail
So that we can offer you the best help

PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:53:57 PM

I tried to transfer xcp from blockchain address to counterwallet. I take private key from the blockchain BTC wallet under the option " Export unencrypted and and Bitcoin-Qt format". When I imported the private key to counterwallet, it shows "Not a valid private key". Anyone know how to solve this problem? Many thanks.

anybody help me?

Importing uncompressed keys is high on our todo list.
Malibusparky

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:57:35 PM

In order to disincentivise trolling of the orderbook, offers to sell BTC must provide a fee to miners, which must match the 'fee required' by orders buying BTC. The default fee is 1%. You can extend the expiration time of your order when selling BTC, so that the fee paid per unit time is as low as you want. I've just opened up a GitHub issue about this, so that the default expiration time for BTC sell orders is greater than for other orders.

Yes but I was Buying BTC. Why was my btc balance reduced permanently twice after 2 unsuccessful orders.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:01:57 PM

This is interesting!

"To address the dearth of nodes in the Bitcoin network, the Counterparty Team will be launching the Nodeshares initiative. Nodeshares is a
non-profit that collects donations for the setup and maintenance of full bitcoin nodes."

<snip>

"To kick-start the Nodeshares initiative, Counterparty will be donating 100 full nodes to Nodeshares, which is approximately 1.1% of the total nodes in the Bitcoin network. For comparison, Counterparty data currently makes up approximately 0.03% of the data in the blockchain."

https://www.counterparty.co/full-bitcoin-nodes

... and ...

http://nodeshares.com

The pope just rang me up to tell me you guys have just been granted Aureoles. Wash them separately at 30 degrees.

But really, this is incredible. After paying a 2000+ dividend to all holders of BTC rather than keeping it for yourselves you step up once more and do this. May the haters forever be silent, and may all the initiatives in the community share this spirit. I salute you.

burp...
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:16:37 PM

Yes but I was Buying BTC. Why was my btc balance reduced permanently twice after 2 unsuccessful orders.

That may be a bug in the UI. The only BTC you spend when buying BTC is the (very small) regular Bitcoin tx fee.

EDIT: What's your address?
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

This is interesting!

"To address the dearth of nodes in the Bitcoin network, the Counterparty Team will be launching the Nodeshares initiative. Nodeshares is a
non-profit that collects donations for the setup and maintenance of full bitcoin nodes."

<snip>

"To kick-start the Nodeshares initiative, Counterparty will be donating 100 full nodes to Nodeshares, which is approximately 1.1% of the total nodes in the Bitcoin network. For comparison, Counterparty data currently makes up approximately 0.03% of the data in the blockchain."

https://www.counterparty.co/full-bitcoin-nodes

... and ...

http://nodeshares.com

Awesome, can we just bump this on /r/Bitcoin ?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:51:30 PM

anybody help me?

It should have been the very first feature.
I don't see the use of this wallet if I cannot import the priv key from blockchain.info and I think everyone would agree.
Malibusparky

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:53:07 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 03:06:48 PM by Malibusparky

That may be a bug in the UI. The only BTC you spend when buying BTC is the (very small) regular Bitcoin tx fee.

16khUbFwUK6X7U5X919RJeWyfBHSLfJMda

My btc balance is 0.0144398 I know before it was .016xxxx

Does a buy BTC order still spend the regular Bitcoin tx fee if it is never filled? Another problem I have with the wallet is I do not have a way to see an accounting of my btc
balance. I mean like I know it has been reduced but I do not know by how much because I do not remember exactly how much I had. Shouldn't there be a history transaction
list for btc to verify that your balance is what it should be whether it be a math error or a sent payment I don't remember doing.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:53:12 PM

Hey guys, I am offering a XCP import/transfer service. PM me for more details.

Alot of people can vouch for me
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:56:15 PM

ROCKMINER is considering to issue their shares via Counterparty, let's help them to go this way successfully.

ROCKMINER official website: http://www.rockminer.com/

Havelock said their policy is changed,and they only accept direct shares right now.
XCP is under developing,we will consider it if it really works well.
Thanks for your supporting.

Should I contact Havelock about the terms and conditions of running a Passthrough?
Do we want to keep everything in whole shares or rather fractional shares (1/100 maybe, like AM100?).

Would an external operator of a passthrough be OK for ROCKMINER?
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:03:33 PM

anybody help me?

It should have been the very first feature.
I don't see the use of this wallet if I cannot import the priv key from blockchain.info and I think everyone would agree.

It can import some private keys from Blockchain.info. The lack of support for uncompressed keys was an oversight which we will rectify as soon as possible.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:06:55 PM

Does a buy BTC order still spend the regular Bitcoin tx fee if it is never filled? Another problem I have with the wallet is I do not have a way to see an accounting of my btc
balance. I mean like I know it has been reduced but I do not know by how much because I do not remember exactly how much I had. Shouldn't there be a history transaction
list for btc to verify that your balance is what it should be weather it be a math error or a sent payment I don't remember doing.

The difference in those two balances was probably the fee for merely broadcasting the transaction to the network. If you want to see how much you are paying in network fees to Bitcoin miners, then look at Blockchain.info.

The logic for calculating these fees was very recently changed to keep it as low as possible.
Malibusparky

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

list for btc to verify that your balance is what it should be weather it be a math error or a sent payment I don't remember doing.

The difference in those two balances was probably the fee for merely broadcasting the transaction to the network. If you want to see how much you are paying in network fees to Bitcoin miners, then look at Blockchain.info.

The logic for calculating these fees was very recently changed to keep it as low as possible.

So to make it clear for me and other laymen you are saying that every time I want to place an order for btc in counterparty as opposed to bter I have to pay a small btc fee?
How is this better than a centralized exchange? At bter I can place orders all day and not lose anything until my order is filled which is fair obviously. If this is the only way to prevent order trolling and other things then perhaps we should push much harder services like XBTC so orders can be escrowed properly. When XBTC is automated .1% sounds low but it is not low enough. It should be close to free because if bter charges .2% I think its worth it to people who trust bter more than the XBTC issuer who you basically
have to blindly trust. At least bter is a known company.

Thank you for everything you have created something special with counterparty. But I just want to remind you guys to think in terms of regular Joes. Even to Joe the idea to
trade btc without trust is exciting. But it has to be simple like cryptsy.

I am wondering what you guys have planned to make XCP valuable enough for people to want to use it to make bets in the future. If people ever see XCP as valuable like BTC
and then they can use it in a completely trustless way with no middle man to make bets and KNOW you will get paid if you win will be huge.
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: