Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:24:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

wow!!!I just find out the dev is working on this project since jan!What am i missed....I will invest and do some promotion job! you are really good dev!

So, 8 months for a hard-fork gets you excited? Psychology can be funny, I'd encourage you to check this- http://danariely.com/2010/12/15/locksmiths/

I'm a supporter of NOBLE from day 1 but this situation with the move to POS looks incredibly bad.

The Noble team probably wants to make it right and think it through thoroughly, and release a fully stable and perfect version. It looks serious (and I'm sure it will be), but damn it looks slow compared to other coins, and not so reassuring re the team's programming skills.

This is probably the low programming efficiency and the ongoing lack of clarity on the coin future that lead to V2 not including NOBL... think about it.

I hope when this is sorted out Noble will continue to grow in popularity and appeal, but certainly the past few months were not good at all in that regard.

By slow compared to other coins I'm assuming you mean the wallet swaps rather than a hard fork we wanted to attempt (a first at the time and I believe still so), or the PoS switch already built in to the code when they're released after 7-14 days of 'fair distribution'?

And you're right PoS was not on the table and we had no experience for it. I was ready for a BTC core update, merge-mining and reduced supply because I believed they were a better option during the BC PoS hype rise and PoW was what I knew. I like PoS, but personally I think the misinformation and market manipulation of the PoS wave is the worst thing to happen to altcoins in 2014 (death of PoW, misinformation on 51% immunity & protocol security, complete supply restriction & control for P&D crews, guarantee price rises thanks to multipool, 'get-rich-quick' marketing junk).

We needed a new developer with experience and knowledge of PoS before committing to PoS and that was the reason for the delays/discussions. We're committing to funding & improving the PoS protocol as best we can once the switch happens, but there are just as many challenges to overcome as there would be staying PoW. Funnily enough months later PoW and merge-mining security potential is being 'discovered'.

Perhaps we should have been more clear on the coins future like Auroracoin & Maxcoin (perhaps we didn't discuss/share enough here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=198862;sa=showPosts) and we could have made Mintpal v2, but from day 1 we focused more on use-case, education and charity rather than constantly forking to new specifications that generally resulted in protocol-level bugs or market control > pump&dump. Moolah has not responded to my emails or tweets since they came out in Jan.

But hey, for 8 months we've been wrong and we really need to 'make things right'.

Edit: It's hilarious that the scene has turned into a 'must hard fork every month or 2' to stay innovative rather than let things run its natural course like BTC/LTC and discuss/test/plan/educate & build over a more realistic long-term timeframe. Notice all these teams that work real fast? 9/10 work real fast for a month or two until they're done selling then disappear. Altcoins have really beaten me down to be honest, so you're probably going to see me be more assertive and get things done now rather than try to take things slow, help, discuss & educate.

Crypto is really stepping out of the cradle, and looks like rofo is leading the charge Smiley

People have to stop thinking about all this in terms of magic internet money and actually think of it in terms of new technology with actual potential. That's what's keeping crypto down in the end. People are just not serious enough or appreciate the kind of work needed for this kind of thing to be mainstream.

I am glad to see rofo understands and has the drive and vision to step above the crypto pump and dump atmosphere and treat it professionally.

Think professional. That's the only way to really succeed.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 11:59:06 AM

I've become generally an uncomfortable blend of 'too honest' & semi-professional in a way that doesn't work for some. People either love me or hate me, but it's just because I'm attached to altcoins, have lost a lot building certain things up (while copping a fair bit of private hate) and I hope noone takes anything I say as a personal serious attack. We'll leave the professionalism to the salespeople and mainstream pundits who know so much that isn't so.

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:13:37 PM

Thanks for your reply Rofo.

I'm confident that once it's deployed it will be right.

Sorry if that sounded like harsh criticism, if anything this turmoil period helped me triple my investment in NOBL so I guess i shouldn't complain.

Indeed what happens outside of the technical side is what will make the coin successful in the long run. NOBL is not a shitcoin clearly, but it may be perceived as one by some due to the lack of clarity/indecisiveness on the programming side.

PoS it is; merge-mining may only just delay the inevitable for PoW... Follow-through is certainly more important for NOBL than technology.

I'm eager to see this page turned!

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:21:00 PM

Sorry if that sounded like harsh criticism, if anything this turmoil period helped me triple my investment in NOBL so I guess i shouldn't complain.

Indeed what happens outside of the technical side is what will make the coin successful in the long run. NOBL is not a shitcoin clearly, but it may be perceived as one by some due to the lack of clarity/indecisiveness on the programming side.

PoS it is; merge-mining may only just delay the inevitable for PoW... Follow-through is certainly more important for NOBL than technology.

No worries, as always my response is usually a culmination of the days PMs so I did not mean that as an attack against you. The PoS delay was primarily my fault for trying something that perhaps was not necessary. A hard fork was a greater challenge that under intense scrutiny longer-term (years) faired better than a delay in a wallet swap and helped us on a protocol-education level. I'm most probably wrong on that part at least as we've got plenty of other means of proving ourselves and moving forward once this is over and done. I was also fussy on the devs to work with due to trust issues (and wanted to reward the highest talent possible the largest share), the options were all amazing but they are just swamped with work and real life and not to blame for the delay in the slightest. The market didn't like it so much, unfortunately myself and many core supporters have all the patience in the world comparative to outsiders who are used to jumping around.

Honeypot

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:35:08 PM

Constructive feedbacks are always appreciated. Please consider joining in on IRC freenode #noblecoin

fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:44:00 PM

Also used the delay to stash some more Smiley

And yes PoS is not a panacea, it removes the issue of Multipools jumping and dumping (the jumping being probably the most annoying, dumping reflects that you can't secure a network for free), but PoS moves the onus of security to all Noble stakeholders, for them to stake as much and as often as possible to secure the network.

From recent experience, it's very easy for a PoS chain to err and fail if there are few servers staking (as in 24/7) vs just wallets on PC or Macs (often offline, or with limited connectivity). So people need to stake, this means not just a high enough interest but also an incentive to stake all the time, maybe through limits in stake age (not the maximum age of the transaction, but the maximum age taken into account for the interest).

Ideally a wallet staking 24/7 should get higher rewards than a wallet coming online once a month, and that's not always the case depending on the staking parameters. In practice, big wallets coming online just from time to time can fork the blockchain if there are not enough other stakers online, especially if they have poor connectivity (like a home PC on a wifi with a sluggish ADSL... or worse).

Making a PoS blockchain safe is simple and cheaper than PoW, but it still requires for the stakeholders to care.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:45:37 PM

I think as a community we care pretty well at this point with holding longer-term and securing the chain. There will also be plenty of incentives for stakeholders from a non-protocol perspective.  Cool

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:46:15 PM

The Marketplace update deserved an article so here ya go :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/noblecoin-marketplace-adds-psn-xbox-steam-blizzard-and-many-more-gift-cards-at-15-discount
Bilbo Bagacoins

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:20:46 PM

An interesting read from The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street.....

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Pages/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q3prereleasedigitalcurrenciesbitcoin.aspx
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:56:12 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 07:22:48 PM by ctenc001

Just updated the PoA campaign to my latest software build!  Grin
Cleaned the interface up some.

A question for the community:
Would you like to see a results page for the PoA Campaign that shows everyone who submitted actions?
I'm thinking this may ad a little more trust?
If so what information should be shown?
Username, Noble address, actions performed, Ip addresses?

Checking facebook, here's an interesting fact:
Campaign was launched 10 days ago:
Over the last 7 days:
We've had 89 new page likes, making for a 13.3% gain in followers on facebook!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 02:54:52 AM

Would you like to see a results page for the PoA Campaign that shows everyone who submitted actions?

Over the last 7 days:

I think it can be a good idea. Perhaps a final tick asking if they are OK with sharing their PoA for an extra bonus (minus the IP perhaps) so it is voluntary. Let me know if you need more coins.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 03:05:25 AM

Marketplace

Currently doing final brainstorming on how to leverage the Marketplace to further demand in NOBL and increase price (offering services in exchange for NOBL). We're thinking of accepting other coins on the marketplace for a fee and allowing them to fund their own promotions. Any loss in our 15% competitiveness (if other coins offer them for a timeframe of a month or two) is made up by us charging NOBL for the listings/promotions and building stronger relationships/contacts between coins.

For example, say *coin wanted to be accepted on the marketplace and promote their coin @ a 20% discount for two months. They can fund permanent listing on our marketplace and then as an extra fund their own promotion for 2 months. Profits from these arrangements will be used to market buy NOBL and take them off market as well as fund extra development. It's also a direct way of improving relationships and exposure for our marketplace, NOBL & other coins.

Looking for feedback and suggestions, preferably constructive. Coins are paying huge amounts to be listed on brand eCommerce sites so they can have real-world use and/or trying their best to build their own marketplaces. Why not get involved and sell our current offerings for NOBL and become a brand eCommerce site ourself? If we leverage the deals/services right we can work with lots of coins to look more appealing than fiat and improve NOBL demand/price at the same time.

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 03:05:56 AM

Over the last 7 days:

I think it can be a good idea. Perhaps a final tick asking if they are OK with sharing their PoA for an extra bonus (minus the IP perhaps) so it is voluntary. Let me know if you need more coins.
Given the current rate I'll be good for at least three days.
Honeypot

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:19:55 AM

Marketplace

Currently doing final brainstorming on how to leverage the Marketplace to further demand in NOBL and increase price (offering services in exchange for NOBL). We're thinking of accepting other coins on the marketplace for a fee and allowing them to fund their own promotions. Any loss in our 15% competitiveness (if other coins offer them for a timeframe of a month or two) is made up by us charging NOBL for the listings/promotions and building stronger relationships/contacts between coins.

For example, say *coin wanted to be accepted on the marketplace and promote their coin @ a 20% discount for two months. They can fund permanent listing on our marketplace and then as an extra fund their own promotion for 2 months. Profits from these arrangements will be used to market buy NOBL and take them off market as well as fund extra development. It's also a direct way of improving relationships and exposure for our marketplace, NOBL & other coins.

Looking for feedback and suggestions, preferably constructive. Coins are paying huge amounts to be listed on brand eCommerce sites so they can have real-world use and/or trying their best to build their own marketplaces. Why not get involved and sell our current offerings for NOBL and become a brand eCommerce site ourself? If we leverage the deals/services right we can work with lots of coins to look more appealing than fiat and improve NOBL demand/price at the same time.

Interesting idea - supported.

Actually it's past time that people realize the current 'marketplace' hypes that some altcoins try to use have already been legitimately implemented by Noblecoin since its inception.

This will be a good way to offer crypto currency a marketplace at very affordable rates, with significant benefits and solid, long standing structure that is already built and proven.
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

Marketplace

Actually it's past time that people realize the current 'marketplace' hypes that some altcoins try to use have already been legitimately implemented by Noblecoin since its inception.

This will be a good way to offer crypto currency a marketplace at very affordable rates, with significant benefits and solid, long standing structure that is already built and proven.

Supporting the idea as well.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

Marketplace

Support from me too!
I noticed that platinum coins were for sale on marketplace. Does that mean that you have licence and gold soon??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:03:43 PM

Marketplace

Support from me too!
I noticed that platinum coins were for sale on marketplace. Does that mean that you have licence and gold soon??

i hope so...

if Noble becomes a direct avenue for gold,silver, and platinum... that can't hurt.

just think.... being able to trade without having to convert into any other currency. 

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
Miner232432

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:32:24 AM

One thing I will say for noble marketplace, it needs some UK/Euro amazon cards as we can't use the US ones here in UK and vice versa making marketplace not worthwhile for Europeans unless we want to send gift cards to Americans. If Noble wants to be a global brand it needs global incentives Cheesy

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:37:35 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 02:22:11 AM by Rofo

One thing I will say for noble marketplace, it needs some UK/Euro amazon cards as we can't use the US ones here in UK and vice versa making marketplace not worthwhile for Europeans unless we want to send gift cards to Americans. If Noble wants to be a global brand it needs global incentives Cheesy

Got you covered mate Smiley

Canadian: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/amazon-ca-digital-gift-cards/
UK: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/amazon-co-uk-digital-gift-cards/
German: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/amazon-de-gutschein-per-e-mail/
Japanese: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/amazon%E3%82%AE%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%E5%88%B8-e%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%97/
Italian: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/buono-regalo-amazon-it-invio-per-e-mail/
Spanish: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/cheque-regalo-de-amazon-es-e-mail/
French: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/cheque-cadeau-amazon-fr-par-e-mail/
Chinese: https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/amazon-gift-cards/%E5%93%81%E7%89%8C-%E4%BA%9A%E9%A9%AC%E9%80%8A%E7%A4%BC%E5%93%81%E5%8D%A1/

Currency conversion on the right* in category pages (David let me know I need to add it to product page soon). All have worked for multiple customers.

Biggest issue is banks not liking my card for larger purchases International and freezing over the weekend leading to delays. Something we're trying to have them accommodate for us easier soon. Using card/records (personal - no need for customer details at such low $ amounts) at the moment so none of this bites us in the behind in regards to tax/laws.

Miner232432

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:48:11 AM

Thanks Rofo if I'd know you had the UK ones I would have bought some when I got my new headphones from Amazon a few months ago, good to know for future purchases though and even if it's extra hassle buying some BTC to buy some NOBL to buy some FIAT gift cards it's worth it for the discount AND to help keep the flow of NOBL going.

Hopefully now Summer is over & done with nearly, things will pick up again for us and with the new launch on the horizon it's perfect timing for getting new investors

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: