Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:36:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptochris88

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:26:53 AM

Still kinda fuzzy at the moment, some information still missing I supposed.
Colored coins are a novel idea and IMO can be used to represent physical assets or some financial instruments such as stocks or bonds
but in the case of 'noble' what will the coin(s) represent to merit an ITO?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:18:29 AM

Noble is like a box of chocolates.

Instead of chocolates you get a box full of condoms for the next party.

Best. coin. Ever.

May 22, 2014 !! Smiley

Haha still have that there. We will see good results I think.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:47:02 AM

http://jasonlcurby.com/nocc2.png
http://jasonlcurby.com/Distribution-Draft.pdf

All I'm going to release until ready. Please PM me your Q's here as some have that will be answered. Much of this I'm getting proofread and input from many other sources. It is a draft - needs tightening - will be improved.

This is not more talk (as a lot of the year has been) as the pre-ANN and release/ITO/movement will be available by the end of the week and move into next - the CC coins and/or NXT is ready - the infrastructure is there - the licensing and gameplan outlined in the paper - exchange ready and interested parties.

DMD is working on PoW/PoS and will be added to the Marketplace/CoinPayments as soon as I get the word an update can be ready to be rolled out in preparation (or beforehand if they would like me to move first). I would also like to extend the offer - if permission is granted - for this to be payable in DMD at 10% discount (as NOBL will be) for their support and I will pass them their funds funds for dev. or to burn at their discretion.

Better insight:

<Rofo> the paper hopefully fixes the price, attitude and general apathy
<Rofo> ive listed all the gold stuff in the paper also
<Rofo> its very easy for people to ask me to work or back or peg or offer discounts or deliver things without sometimes realizing that things cost money and resources
<Rofo> so ive always had a choice to either fund that through the premine (which means selling which means scam email alerts and more negative feedback)
<Rofo> or not doing anything which is considered just as bad
<Rofo> of the $300k premine only $7k became fiat and anyone is welcome to report that and double-check it (and get me for fraud ala moolah) *I will publish documents & accounts that testify to this*
<Rofo> but
<Rofo> if i had turned all that into fiat at the top and become quite rich
<Rofo> people would not trust me at all but be happier with the price
<Rofo> of NOBL since id be controlling & pumping it
<Rofo> its been a very damned if you do damned if you dont situation all year
<Rofo> but
<Rofo> everythings gone into the paper for 2015 very differently
<Rofo> i think itll make the case quite well
<Rofo> ive been thinking of
<Rofo> if blocknet and supernet are linking protocols and coins in a horizontal manner
<Rofo> this is a project reaching vertically on top of multiple platforms instead
<Rofo> v2 has a codename i dont want taken Tongue
<Rofo> https://twitter.com/NobleCoin/status/510770935402483712
<Rofo> having a premine and not dumping it early was a double-edge sword
<Rofo> noone wanted it dumped to protect their coin value but at the same time im competing with people that have a lot of btc and i needed to fund stuff with minimum resources instead to make my case
<Rofo> the whole reason i focused on rep and trust and legitimacy/transparency etc at risk of making everyone unhappy for a year
<Rofo> was for this coming stage with the moolah backlash and higher expectations/requiring cleaner actors etc
<Rofo> *this paper is a raising (ITO 50% NOBL/50% BTC)
<Rofo> *NOBL (that is used to move into this project) burnt for good
<Rofo> *BTC to fund everything very clearly laid out (a very strong case)
<Rofo> what we need are real use-cases and real unique selling points/services
<Rofo> and i know i need to sacrifice a decent amount of decentralization and idealism for a lot of that
<Rofo> so im intertwining the two
<Rofo> some people want to move off
<Rofo> some new people want to enter the idea but not nobl
<Rofo> and some people dont want me to touch nobl
<Rofo> think of it as blocknet but a centralized crowdfunded idea on top of a protocol rather than joining protocols together
<Rofo> but its very important and laid out that people who hold NOBL see why it works too
<Rofo> its not a decentralized curreny and is deflationary/has a shelf life of approximately 18 months
<Rofo> while NOBL continues on after and the idea is recycled
<Rofo> i need to get a lot of things right and that makes sense to people so they get all the 'ahhh' moments i had to go through lol
<Rofo> ok for better or worse keep in mind this is a draft and i have multiple people who will be proofreading after i tighten it up
<Rofo> plus itll grow to make more sense with the faq and more questions over the next cpl weeks
<Rofo> http://jasonlcurby.com/Distribution-Draft.pdf
<Rofo> legalities is full of
<Rofo> distinctions and system-setup that makes it different from a ponzi-scheme
<Rofo> or SEC regulation/illegal activities or how it works
<Rofo> until we get regulatory clarification and/or licensing (australia is a good country for that)
<Rofo> plus many services and infrastructure outlined in utility
<Rofo> ive been unable to afford the final advice and final tick of approval for the second-hand dealers license
<Rofo> even though its only around $500 i want some legal clarification in the capital
<Rofo> maybe that makes clearer why this helps NOBL holders as well
<Rofo> i can fund things and do the perks/get more people interested in a similar coin
<Rofo> and actually deliver everything i should have sold the premine for
<Rofo> the second cycle will probably be very different to the first
<Rofo> as regulations and law will have become clarified and ill be licensed
<Rofo> but if i just moved all of NOBL over
<Rofo> and said im in charge now, this is centralized
<Rofo> well that just blows everything out of the water and isnt really a good idea imho
<Rofo> nocc is colored coins using coinprism/web wallet
<Rofo> noxt is nxt 'asset'
<Rofo> both different, just 'possible' platforms
<Rofo> could be counterparty of clearinghouse 2 but my preference would be cc or nxt
<Rofo> or*
<Rofo> basically its using the platforms for what theyre meant to be used for
<Rofo> rather than just making another damn 2.0 platform
<Rofo> but
<Rofo> you dont have to use either unless u want to cold store
<Rofo> as itll be on polo and ill push for bittrex support
<Rofo> if the idea took off you could interchange between platforms using an intermediary
<Rofo> 3. Platform Agnosticism = its the coin and what it represents that coints, the users could use their platform of choice
<Rofo> one platform though is good for liquidity and experimentation
<Rofo> all this year ive been building things on top of the protocols while ours suffered and didnt go anywhere due to talks disintegrating into nothing
<Rofo> so this leverages all of them
<Rofo> with exchanges picking up 2.0s and some dev work to offer a site that allows you to move coins across platforms
<Rofo> everything built on top starts becoming a little more platform agnostic
<Rofo> but
<Rofo> thats more business focused rather than NobleCoin which i want to keep building as a decentralized currency
<Rofo> colored/appcoins work a lot differently
<Rofo> yes we can do that
<Rofo> colored coins are very sexy and simple but i have too much control over issuance for people to feel comfortable
<Rofo> many people will just keep their coins on exchanges and not worry about the platform even after everything
<Rofo> for nxt they can take it to the nxt wallet yes
<Rofo> im leaning towards nxt
<Rofo> because CC lets me reissue at will which is something people wont accept for good reason
<Rofo> nxt also allows decentralized exchange and extra exchanges
<Rofo> the platform is really nice, but the perception of nxt is not ideal
<Rofo> yeah ive always wanted distribution to be even and very spread but if something is distributed differently and that fact made public i dont see how its a big deal as people know what theyre getting themselves into ala NXT
<Rofo> what ive always disliked is complete control masked over time as fair and natural distribution

i see NXT is mentioned here...  anyone wanna shed some light what this is about?

ty.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:10:14 AM

Colored coins are a novel idea and IMO can be used to represent physical assets or some financial instruments such as stocks or bonds

They will represent something that belongs more in a centralized and regulated environment (something a decentralized crypto. cannot be nor would it necessarily be supported by the community), as well as access to perks, free shipping, to also pay for services, among other things I'll be outlining. I can't continue to fund 15% discounts and pay for everything out of my own pocket (not that that is ending just yet), so they are being used to crowdfund infrastructure growth. It also represents a coin that has no mining, no emission, no 'inflation' for everyone who wants it but with access to the same services and same brand.

The biggest challenge I'm facing is how to present this in a way that attracts new users, crowd funds and supports infrastructure while guaranteeing that the idea also brings value to NOBL. I'm doing this by accepting NOBL as a choice for exchanging over at a discount (similar to Blocknet accepting coins on its infrastructure) and burning them, reducing the amount in circulation. If I get this done right, it won't be the first time it happens either. It represents a choice for people who want many different things and are unhappy with mining, PoS, emission or the blockchain to move into a different type of coin.

The alternative is either to ask for large donations or start the same project under a different alias, but it's important to me to make sure I increase not only my own position as someone trying to develop/build a crypto project, but that I also increase the value and exposure of NOBL. Or it's to simply act like the 'all-powerful dev' and force the transfer over to be done anyway, which isn't really the right way to go about doing things.

financial instruments such as stocks or bonds

The paper outlines the first steps necessary to perhaps make this one day possible in Australia. It involves AML/KYC, regulatory compliance, licensing, software, legal compliance among a host of other things (on my end initially, the space hasn't evolved to a point where people need to make a choice between unregulated and regulated coins) - NOBL is decentralized and has financial freedom attached and needs to remain free. I don't think it will get there in any rush nor do these coins represent anything but another ITO with many perks and bonuses, but I want to start building it, and if I want to do that I can't constantly cover mining and exchange hacks, covering discounts (although they will remain), and fund necessary development while every group around me rakes in 1000s of BTC.

represent physical assets

Exactly, like a coin legally and officially pegged to gold or silver.

i see NXT is mentioned here...  anyone wanna shed some light what this is about?

ty.

NXT is considered an attractive platform to use, as is coloured coins on BTC, or Clearinghouse or Counterparty, as well as sidechains would they ever come about.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:23:59 AM

are you implying NOBL will use NXT in the future?

sorry for being clueless..

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:29:27 AM

He means that noble will use some type of asset, it could be nxt asset or xcp asset or colord coins (or any other assets platform).
Nxt is just an example of a platform which lets you generate your own assets.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:32:05 AM

ok.. got it.  thanks.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cryptochris88

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:36:51 AM

They will represent something that belongs more in a centralized and regulated environment (something a decentralized crypto. cannot be nor would it necessarily be supported by the community), as well as access to perks, free shipping, to also pay for services, among other things I'll be outlining. I can't continue to fund 15% discounts and pay for everything out of my own pocket (not that that is ending just yet), so they are being used to crowdfund infrastructure growth. It also represents a coin that has no mining, no emission, no 'inflation' for everyone who wants it but with access to the same services and same brand.

The biggest challenge I'm facing is how to present this in a way that attracts new users, crowd funds and supports infrastructure while guaranteeing that the idea also brings value to NOBL. I'm doing this by accepting NOBL as a choice for exchanging over at a discount (similar to Blocknet accepting coins on its infrastructure) and burning them, reducing the amount in circulation. If I get this done right, it won't be the first time it happens either. It represents a choice for people who want many different things and are unhappy with mining, PoS, emission or the blockchain to move into a different type of coin.

The alternative is either to ask for large donations or start the same project under a different alias, but it's important to me to make sure I increase not only my own position as someone trying to develop/build a crypto project, but that I also increase the value and exposure of NOBL. Or it's to simply act like the 'all-powerful dev' and force the transfer over to be done anyway, which isn't really the right way to go about doing things.

financial instruments such as stocks or bonds

The paper outlines the first steps necessary to perhaps make this one day possible in Australia. It involves AML/KYC, regulatory compliance, licensing, software, legal compliance among a host of other things (on my end initially, the space hasn't evolved to a point where people need to make a choice between unregulated and regulated coins) - NOBL is decentralized and has financial freedom attached and needs to remain free. I don't think it will get there in any rush nor do these coins represent anything but another ITO with many perks and bonuses, but I want to start building it, and if I want to do that I can't constantly cover mining and exchange hacks, covering discounts (although they will remain), and fund necessary development while every group around me rakes in 1000s of BTC.

represent physical assets

Exactly, like a coin legally and officially pegged to gold or silver.

Thank you for the response, much appreciated.

So for confirmation(correct me if I am wrong here),
in the event that the colored coin(s) are distributed through an ITO, an equivalent backed asset or brand is readily available for each supported coin.
Is my understanding correct?
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:46:08 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 12:29:53 PM by Rofo

No. NOBL (NobleCoin) remains an independent blockchain that runs on the BTC codebase (forked to PoW/PoS), and will always have access to more exchanges/service simply because it is the most supported type of fork. It keeps everything it's currently got.  It's decentralized, free from regulation, offers no features that would require me to risk being thrown in jail.

NXT is a platform that can run what people consider an asset (although it's not, the legal and regulatory implications are large and the definition is wrong - hi Bryce) - but I call colored coins -  Counterparty is a platform also, so is Clearinghouse and CoinPrism/Colored Coins or sidechains on the BTC block chain - all of which I could and very well may use. What I want to build are these - colored coins that work in a regulated environment that make use of the technology, under the Noble brand, and can only be 'fueled' by NOBL - this requires a lot of thought & explanation (of which I may be failing) but it also involves licensing, papers, funding, a little risk and a lot of preparation for on my end. They focus on using the technology - rather than the ideals.

They work more in controlled, centralized infrastructure and follow a path more in tune with centralization, transparency, regulation and legal changes coming. The 'fuel' that powers that infrastructure is crowdfunded using a combination of NOBL (which is destroyed) and BTC (enough to fund further development) and ideally will have many perks and features more suited to coins relying on a central authority in tune with regulation and the law - explored in full in the paper. The burning of NOBL is my way of adding value to what we have here already, while funding projects because frankly I have none.

This lets me push further ideas/development that is attractive to a certain set of individuals and people who simply enjoy new coins or a different type of emission, in return for a sister-coin that is quite experimental but with a lot of value on its own. The value it gives NOBL is that NOBL is a primary way to transition to different coins (either by people who want to enter the new coin, or people - and there are many - unhappy with the current specifications), and the NOBL used is destroyed - removing it from circulation completely. I don't do a colored coin on NOBL itself because frankly it's too young, too small and too vulnerable to be considered seriously, and there are far more established options out there.

Ideally everyone would simply burn their NOBL forever and move over to a completely different idea for a new era - however there are many not interested in this approach. So these projects are also a choice to enter a platform that you desire (depending on your perception on what is better or suits your ideals) that will be supported on all the infrastructure.

More questions are coming and I will continue to try and explain it - the paper and diagrams should help me formalize and present this idea until many people understand. Sometimes I think too much too big too far ahead.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:49:44 AM

in the event that the colored coin(s) are distributed through an ITO, an equivalent backed asset or brand is readily available for each supported coin.

In a way yes. I need to make sure everything presented makes sense, is legally and regulatory compliant and in tune with what is currently acceptable. If people were to enter a colored coin today using NOBL & BTC, they need to be relatively sure the the idea shows potential for future growth.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:57:38 AM

No. NOBL (NobleCoin) remains an independent blockchain that runs on the BTC codebase (forked to PoW/PoS), and will always have access to more exchanges/service simply because it is the most supported type of fork. It keeps everything it's currently got.  It's decentralized, free from regulation, offers no features that would require me to risk being thrown in jail.

NXT is a platform that can run what people consider an asset (although it's not, the legal and regulatory implications are lerge and the definition is wrong - hi Bryce) - but I call colored coins -  Counterparty is a platform also, so is Clearinghouse and CoinPrism/Colored Coins or sidechains on the BTC block chain - all of which I could and very well may use. What I want to build are these - colored coins that work in a regulated environment that make use of the technology, under the Noble brand, and can only be 'fueled' by NOBL - this requires a lot of thought & explanation (of which I may be failing) but it also involves licensing, papers, funding, a little risk and a lot of preparation for on my end. They focus on using the technology - rather than the ideals.

They work more in controlled, centralized infrastructure and follow a path more in tune with centralization, transparency, regulation and legal changes coming. The 'fuel' that powers that infrastructure is crowdfunded using a combination of NOBL (which is destroyed) and BTC (enough to fund further development) and ideally will have many perks and features more suited to coins relying on a central authority in tune with regulation and the law - explored in full in the paper. The burning of NOBL is my way of adding value to what we have here already, while funding projects because frankly I have none.

This lets me push further ideas/development that is attractive to a certain set of individuals and people who simply enjoy new coins or a different type of emission, in return for a sister-coin that is quite experimental but with a lot of value on its own. The value it gives NOBL is that NOBL is a primary way to transition to different coins (either by people who want to enter the new coin, or people - and there are many - unhappy with the current specifications), and the NOBL used is destroyed - removing it from circulation completely. I don't do a colored coin on NOBL itself because frankly it's too young, too small and too vulnerable to be considered seriously, and there are far more established options out there.

Ideally everyone would simply burn their NOBL forever and move over to a completely different idea for a new era - however there are many not interested in this approach. So these projects are also a choice to enter a platform that you desire (depending on your perception on what is better or suits your ideals) that will be supported on all the infrastructure.

More questions are coming and I will continue to try and explain it - the paper and diagrams should help me formalize and present this idea until many people understand. Sometimes I think too much too big too far ahead.

your approach could work towards gaining mainstream adoption.

will be following you and NOBL. good luck!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:07:55 AM

Thank you. I think so too and there are many avenues for that explored in the paper - at least a beginning. I have never liked the idea of government control and regulation, hence why I got into crypto. in the first place. However we've changed a fair bit this year after trying to deliver things that are a little too idealistic and I'm relatively different because of it (our history page has become quite the treasure trove). Many things I wanted to deliver I couldn't out of either fear of legal ramifications, poor funding, a changing landscape, my public profile and my refusal to 1. dump too much of the premine too fast because I considered it scammy and copped a lot of heat, 2. act like a central banker and change protocols too often (feel too authoritative) or 3. get too deep into manipulating prices. I wanted a clean image because I was betting on the scene getting cleaned up and waiting for the time where people willing to take the step into the (yuck) public, regulatory, licensed, legal side of the technology to try and move it forward were next on the list to be supported for projects.

I also still think we can all be 'financially free' thanks to coins like DRK, Monero and many others that subscribe to other core tenants of crypto. I don't think they will nor want them to go anywhere - it just depends on personal preference, risk and location. Noble just isn't in that space in my eyes.

What I was waiting for was a time where we can almost step over to legal and mainstream adoption (which requires regulation) and where trust, licensing, accountability and transparency let me present a greater plan for Noble beyond just being a blockchain. I think we're almost there.. in no small part thanks to Moolah, SEC, coming regulations and more attention being paid to what is happening here*.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:21:29 AM

Thank you. I think so too and there are many avenues for that explored in the paper - at least a beginning. I have never liked the idea of government control and regulation, hence why I got into crypto. in the first place. However we've changed a fair bit this year after trying to deliver things that are a little too idealistic and I'm relatively different because of it (our history page has become quite the treasure trove). Many things I wanted to deliver I couldn't out of either fear of legal ramifications, poor funding, a changing landscape, my public profile and my refusal to 1. dump too much of the premine too fast because I considered it scammy and copped a lot of heat, 2. act like a central banker and change protocols too often (feel too authoritative) or 3. get too deep into manipulating prices. I wanted a clean image because I was betting on the scene getting cleaned up and waiting for the time where people willing to take the step into the (yuck) public, regulatory, licensed, legal side of the technology to try and move it forward were next on the list to be supported for projects.

I also still think we can all be 'financially free' thanks to coins like DRK, Monero and many others that subscribe to other core tenants of crypto. I don't think they will nor want them to go anywhere - it just depends on personal preference, risk and location. Noble just isn't in that space in my eyes.

What I was waiting for was a time where we can almost step over to legal and mainstream adoption (which requires regulation) and where trust, licensing, accountability and transparency let me present a greater plan for Noble beyond just being a blockchain. I think we're almost there.. in no small part thanks to Moolah, SEC, coming regulations and more attention being paid to what is happening here*.

i won't necessarily say 'yuck' for trying to be compliant. but it would certainly give your project a different flavor.. which is good.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:25:18 AM

i won't necessarily say 'yuck' for trying to be compliant. but it would certainly give your project a different flavor.. which is good.

Yuck was tongue in cheek Smiley I personally don't mind it, it's very necessary for me in this environment and even feeling like I can present the idea and ask to crowd fund an idea (terminology like so will probably change in the forum quickly now). However I don't like the idea of it being forced on others or protectionism, I like self-regulation or voluntary compliance (with full disclosure) and allowing choice.

That being said I want to move quickly into it in Australia to be ready for the evolution of the technology - that will involve registrations and licensing as well as a lot of transparency on my end I think. It will also require a bit of risk I'm only just happy to accept. Smiley

cryptochris88

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:31:42 AM

In a way yes. I need to make sure everything presented makes sense, is legally and regulatory compliant and in tune with what is currently acceptable. If people were to enter a colored coin today using NOBL & BTC, they need to be relatively sure the the idea shows potential for future growth.

Looking forward to it then.
Will reserve further inquiries after final paper is out.
Good luck Rofo!
laitec

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:38:31 AM

BTC price:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:Vvqo32yAiARGVym2Kb5DvSqP32S9i9Xtrn
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:02:49 PM

lol.  what's this got to do with NOBL?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:06:34 PM

I guess it has been posted everywhere. Could have found a better quality version...
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:25:48 PM

wow, all the updates make me really excited. interesting things to come Smiley

rofo did a very good job. People who said rofo is to quite on the forum now see what rofo was working for.
we always had been a undervalued coin. Probably the time has come where the crypto- world sees the true value of NOBL.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:59:30 PM

yup.  most coins which are not blatant scams are undervalued at 17 satoshis.  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: