Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RD965

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:40:37 PM

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_noxt

[..]
We are also on Poloniex, but I committed to getting more info. out (including accountability) first before kicking off the full crowd fund so that will come. Ill put some up though beforehand.

Edit: If people get cold feet and want out don't sell to lowballers - PM me and I'll take the coins back at rate - I won't be unloading any under the rate asked.

So what anybody can explain whats going on?

In general or with NOXT?!

Noble was already listed in polo, now they listed noxt for the ico Smiley

Are we able to exchange NOBL for Noxt yet? Or does this not come until after the 21 day buyin period?
Also, will you be burning the noble that people turn over all at once at the end or a little at a time as it comes in?

+

At the end of the ico process, the noble burning process will begin.
In the future we will have noble/noxt paired in some exchange I guess (it is unpreventable those 2 are close linked)

You can read about the noble/noxt burning rates in here:
https://www.noblemovement.com/noxt/2-Distribution-v7.pdf
(It was updated yesterday)

Right any recommendation for a NOBL holder? When does stake begin? Should I get some NOXT?

Would recommend you spend some nobl to buy noxt along with btc.

NOXT is more business oriented as far as I can tell - must be good profit wise if you want to invest.

Of course I want to invest, Ive been with NOBL since the beggining! So NOXT is kind of company shares? Can you refer me to a sum up about the subject or something?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

[..]
Of course I want to invest, Ive been with NOBL since the beggining! So NOXT is kind of company shares? Can you refer me to a sum up about the subject or something?

NOXT Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0

Abstract:
https://www.noblemovement.com/noxt/0-Abstract-v5.pdf

If you have specific questions feel free to join #noblecoin on irc and we will try to answer Smiley
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_noxt

[..]
We are also on Poloniex, but I committed to getting more info. out (including accountability) first before kicking off the full crowd fund so that will come. Ill put some up though beforehand.

Edit: If people get cold feet and want out don't sell to lowballers - PM me and I'll take the coins back at rate - I won't be unloading any under the rate asked.

So what anybody can explain whats going on?

In general or with NOXT?!

Noble was already listed in polo, now they listed noxt for the ico Smiley

Are we able to exchange NOBL for Noxt yet? Or does this not come until after the 21 day buyin period?
Also, will you be burning the noble that people turn over all at once at the end or a little at a time as it comes in?

+

At the end of the ico process, the noble burning process will begin.
In the future we will have noble/noxt paired in some exchange I guess (it is unpreventable those 2 are close linked)

You can read about the noble/noxt burning rates in here:
https://www.noblemovement.com/noxt/2-Distribution-v7.pdf
(It was updated yesterday)

Right any recommendation for a NOBL holder? When does stake begin? Should I get some NOXT?

Would recommend you spend some nobl to buy noxt along with btc.

NOXT is more business oriented as far as I can tell - must be good profit wise if you want to invest.

Yes check out the noxt thread. Company shares would be a good term to put it.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:11:02 PM

Im out. Been waiting for POS for MONTHS now. By the time ppl figure out there will be no POS, the price will be in the toilet. Just sold my 1/2 millions shares. Dev has had LOADS of time to get POS in place.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:15:48 PM

Im out. Been waiting for POS for MONTHS now. By the time ppl figure out there will be no POS, the price will be in the toilet. Just sold my 1/2 millions shares. Dev has had LOADS of time to get POS in place.

Just when things are getting exciting? Highly suggest you buy in a bit.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:20:16 PM

If im not to old with arthritis, Ill buy it back, if/when POS ever happends. Guys , heres the truth , It takes a MAX of two week at the most to add pos. Weve been waiting .. what 6 months!?!? Yes, I know the dev is not capable on his own.. fine. There are HUNDREDS of devs out there he can hire.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

If im not to old with arthritis, Ill buy it back, if/when POS ever happends. Guys , heres the truth , It takes a MAX of two week at the most to add pos. Weve been waiting .. what 6 months!?!? Yes, I know the dev is not capable on his own.. fine. There are HUNDREDS of devs out there he can hire.

Many devs have made such commitments, but as you can see, they all backed out or dragged out than gave the bad news later. I would not blame rofo and I am sure he is well aware how frustrating it is - since it is his project.

If you know anyone who is reliable and dependable, feel free to suggest them to rofo and I am sure he would be happy to talk to them.
pikuchato

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

Many devs have made such commitments, but as you can see, they all backed out or dragged out than gave the bad news later. I would not blame rofo and I am sure he is well aware how frustrating it is - since it is his project.

If you know anyone who is reliable and dependable, feel free to suggest them to rofo and I am sure he would be happy to talk to them.

I don't think it will be necessary  Wink

We will soon be releasing a non-mandatory wallet update (1.1.0.3) with the following:

- Fix .pro qt files and builds
- Fixed the windows thread problem (this is what caused the previous windows builds issues)
- Cleanup dead files
- Removed loops and updated codebase to qt5 compatible (longevity and greatly increased compatibility)
- Patched thread issue with Windows
- Made new windows 32 bit client all-in-one (static) one file/one click update
  (this has all up to date libs including SSL J,. etc)

I hope this acts as a hint for coming resolution of our developer/PoS troubles this year, and is just the beginning. Smiley

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:37:27 PM

Hi!  Smiley

It was my understanding that (according to the original plan) NOBLE would:

change algo to Groestl
go POW/POS
merge-mine with DMD

Which of those  original intentions will still be pursued and implemented?   Huh

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 09:39:23 PM

- 21 days (after BTC round on Polo), and will be done as it comes in. It will be sent to a public provable un-spendable address (Bittrex uses similar method - I will find the post that lists these addresses).

- Everyone who has messaged or posted so far will be fine to burn their NOBL for NOXT.

Company shares would be an illegal term to use at this present time. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0 explains the idea in detail - what they may be in the future depends on regulation and how cryptocurrency progresses.

I'm sorry to see you go - I will personally burn that same amount once PoS is done.

It takes a MAX of two week at the most to add pos. Weve been waiting .. what 6 months!?!? Yes, I know the dev is not capable on his own.. fine. There are HUNDREDS of devs out there he can hire.

Unfortunately you're right in some ways. It takes two weeks max to organise a wallet swap or switch to PoS from a current PoW/PoS codebase. I stated two things very clearly when we made the decision - we are a pure PoW codebase and we wanted to try hard-forking (doing things hard and being the first to do so was a development decision I thought would pay off - it didn't). Of those hundreds of devs about four said 'yes, that could be done and we will do it' (with pay). A fork from pure PoW to PoW/PoS has never been done before so the timeframe was unsure. Of those four none panned out and responses halted - so now we are looking at a new wallet using a snapshot or just going ahead with the wallet swap on Bittrex. Also yes this post a few pages back applies:

We will soon be releasing a non-mandatory wallet update (1.1.0.3) with the following:

- Fixed the windows thread problem (this is what caused the previous windows builds issues)
- Cleanup dead files
- Removed loops and updated codebase to qt5 compatible (longevity and greatly increased compatibility)

I hope this acts as a hint for coming resolution of our developer/PoS troubles this year, and is just the beginning.

change algo to Groestl
go POW/POS
merge-mine with DMD

PoS. DMD team posted a few pages back that this plan would no longer be followed through on (real life commitments). I want to keep working with DMD next year though on the multipool payouts and marketplace.

Honeypot

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:10:45 PM

- 21 days (after BTC round on Polo), and will be done as it comes in. It will be sent to a public provable un-spendable address (Bittrex uses similar method - I will find the post that lists these addresses).

- Everyone who has messaged or posted so far will be fine to burn their NOBL for NOXT.

Company shares would be an illegal term to use at this present time. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0 explains the idea in detail - what they may be in the future depends on regulation and how cryptocurrency progresses.

I'm sorry to see you go - I will personally burn that same amount once PoS is done.

It takes a MAX of two week at the most to add pos. Weve been waiting .. what 6 months!?!? Yes, I know the dev is not capable on his own.. fine. There are HUNDREDS of devs out there he can hire.

Unfortunately you're right in some ways. It takes two weeks max to organise a wallet swap or switch to PoS from a current PoW/PoS codebase. I stated two things very clearly when we made the decision - we are a pure PoW codebase and we wanted to try hard-forking (doing things hard and being the first to do so was a development decision I thought would pay off - it didn't). Of those hundreds of devs about four said 'yes, that could be done and we will do it' (with pay). A fork from pure PoW to PoW/PoS has never been done before so the timeframe was unsure. Of those four none panned out and responses halted - so now we are looking at a new wallet using a snapshot or just going ahead with the wallet swap on Bittrex. Also yes this post a few pages back applies:

- Cleanup dead files

I hope this acts as a hint for coming resolution of our developer/PoS troubles this year, and is just the beginning.

change algo to Groestl
go POW/POS
merge-mine with DMD

PoS. DMD team posted a few pages back that this plan would no longer be followed through on (real life commitments). I want to keep working with DMD next year though on the multipool payouts and marketplace.

I stand corrected. It's important to keep in mind the very specific details do matter greatly now that crypto must become more and more professional - anything illegal even by accident is a no-no now.

Great to hear nobl/noxt is going ahead.

voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:40:41 PM

would it be possible to have nobl and noxt in just one wallet? that would be great.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:12:03 PM

would it be possible to have nobl and noxt in just one wallet? that would be great.

Would be amazing!
pikuchato

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 06:43:22 PM by pikuchato

Would be amazing!

NOXT and NOBLE will run on different chains so I don't think it is very easy to achieve.

The interesting way to achieve it is like supernet's multi gateway which you deposit outer coins (like noble) into nxt chain and then trade an asset representing those coins until someone withdraw and get it back to its original chain again.

If Noble can be part of supernet's multi gateway? this is definitely something I want to see,
We have to check how to make this happen, this is a very desirable feature.

EDIT: just for clarification,
It may be possible to trade nobles on the nxt chain with the multigateway, but noxt and noble will always have different wallets (noble need to stack, noxt is a nxt asset - 2 different things 2 different chains).
RD965

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:06:03 PM

Would be amazing!

NOXT and NOBLE will run on different chains so I don't think it is very easy to achieve.

The interesting way to achieve it is like supernet's multi gateway which you deposit outer coins (like noble) into nxt chain and then trade an asset representing those coins until someone withdraw and get it back to its original chain again.

If Noble can be part of supernet's multi gateway? this is definitely something I want to see,

Thanks for the info guys, so then NOXT is a fork of NEXT? Its an asset, never had one of those so, how does it work? Which is the wallet for NOXT? Or do we have to keep them online
pikuchato

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:24:12 PM

Would be amazing!

Thanks for the info guys, so then NOXT is a fork of NEXT? Its an asset, never had one of those so, how does it work? Which is the wallet for NOXT? Or do we have to keep them online

NOXT is not a fork of NXT, NOXT is an asset over the nxt network and can be used with nxt wallet like any other nxt asset Smiley

I have no time now but later I will write a short tutorial about opening a new nxt address and send your noxt from poloniex to it.
Chapter 2 will be how to open a nxt wallet, deposit nxt into it and buy noxt of the nxt AE (in both cased you will finally have your noxt in your nxt wallet).
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 10:26:54 PM

Thanks Piku, I also have a PDF being done to help new NOBL guys dig into the NXT wallet and use the AE/store NOXT.

That is also my hope, that merging our 'business-plan' and brand across multiple platforms will help us with support from (development/community/relations/projects) and enjoy dialogue with all.

Regarding the new NOBL wallet patch almost here, current updates:

- Hardcoded super seed nodes (no more sync/.conf file issues)
- Cleanup dead files

PoS is also obviously heavily discussed and on a priority level - I will share as soon as we're ready.

RD965

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:20:57 AM

Would be amazing!

NOXT is not a fork of NXT, NOXT is an asset over the nxt network and can be used with nxt wallet like any other nxt asset Smiley

I have no time now but later I will write a short tutorial about opening a new nxt address and send your noxt from poloniex to it.
Chapter 2 will be how to open a nxt wallet, deposit nxt into it and buy noxt of the nxt AE (in both cased you will finally have your noxt in your nxt wallet).

That would be quite helpful for people like me! Never used NXT before  Undecided
pikuchato

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:30:33 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 05:15:12 AM by pikuchato

That would be quite helpful for people like me! Never used NXT before  Undecided

Don't worry it will be ready in few hours.

EDIT: almost ready...
Honeypot

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:37:49 AM

Thanks Piku, I also have a PDF being done to help new NOBL guys dig into the NXT wallet and use the AE/store NOXT.

That is also my hope, that merging our 'business-plan' and brand across multiple platforms will help us with support from (development/community/relations/projects) and enjoy dialogue with all.

Regarding the new NOBL wallet patch almost here, current updates:

- Hardcoded super seed nodes (no more sync/.conf file issues)
- Cleanup dead files

PoS is also obviously heavily discussed and on a priority level - I will share as soon as we're ready.

Awesome Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: