Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232522 times)
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:56:29 AM

New VTC Pool

https://vtcpool.co.uk/

- https security
- vardiff
- PPLNS payouts
- Great support

Come join us
Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:57:10 AM

Est Next Difficulty   15.10239478 (Change in 1100 Blocks)

Soon  Cry

where can i find that? pool website maybe?

you can find the list of pools in vertcoin.com

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:58:40 AM

Est Next Difficulty   15.10239478 (Change in 1100 Blocks)

Soon  Cry

No, soon you will be remembering how great it was when diff was under 100 Cheesy
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:13:09 AM

After a brief and poorly resulted attempt to run some mental stops I am now 100% in vtc and even got my coins off coined up with minimal hassles. Just slow.

Anyway if one of you is or knows the brother with the 8 bit sell wall at 5886... Dude take that down it is piss poor strategy. Your just a lean for sellers below and if someone does take all 8 down the market will scream higher.  Put up 1 or so and sell into the rally once that gets taken down and you will get a higher average price.

Just my two cents... Good luck all.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:36:35 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 03:11:57 AM by BorisTheSpider

IMPORTANT NEWS

Big things have been happening behind the scenes in the Vertcoin developer IRC channel, and we are now at a point of being able to tell you all what's been going on.

There has been feedback from users on 2 points that we wanted to address and respond to.

1. The N-Factor schedule, which some people feel is too aggressive and might unfairly squeeze out older GPUs in future as N-factor increases.

2. The difficulty adjustment algorithm, with 3.5 day difficulty retargeting, which users felt (myself included) could be vulnerable to leaving us stranded at high difficulty if a multipool merges the VTC mining patches into a mining client, then leaves the network after a period of high profitability, greatly decreasing hashrate and leaving Vertcoin stranded with long block times, leaving the core VTC miners to mine through a long unprofitable period to get back to 2.5 minute blocks.

We have been testing and validating, and we're now ready to make 2 major changes:

1. Difficulty adjustment will now use the Kimoto Gravity Well, which retargets every block and copes extremely well with periods of hashrate volatility. The KGW is production proven in Megacoin, Anoncoin, RonPaulCoin and others - it is the best of the best, and we're going to see it in VTC soon. (See the poll linked below for a link to a good explanation of what the KGW is/does).

2. N-factor changes will occur on a schedule somewhere between every 18 months and 2-years.

We'd like you all to help us decide:

1. Exactly what N-factor schedule should be used

2. How long we should wait to fork to KGW difficulty adjustment.

Please participate in the two polls linked below:

KGW implementation date poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431104.0

N-Factor scheduling poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431092.0

jballs

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:51:31 AM

whatever you are going to change, do it now, and be done with it. Seriously, no faster way to reduce credibility than start hosting public discussions on how to proceed. Especially voting for god's sake. Whose expertise am I putting my money into here?

Fix it ASAP and then leave it alone.

bengtåke

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

confused developer

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:57:44 AM

Big things have been happening behind the scenes in the Vertcoin developer IRC channel, and we are now at a point of being able to tell you all what's been going on.
<snip>

1. Difficulty adjustment will now use the Kimoto Gravity Well, which retargets every block and copes extremely well with periods of hashrate volatility. The KGW is production proven in Megacoin, Anoncoin, RonPaulCoin and others - it is the best of the best, and we're going to see it in VTC soon. (See the poll linked below for a link to a good explanation of what the KGW is/does).

This is great news! The current slow difficulty adjustment is really one of the few weaknesses the coin has.

2. N-factor changes will occur on a schedule somewhere between every 18 months and 2-years, to be decided based on user feedback.
Making this regular is good, the big leap during 2015 to 4096 in feb and then again to 8192 nov, makes it hurt a little too much and a lot of todays gpus can't handle N=8192. The less aggressive approach to Nfactor is one of the reasons I got behind this coin (since it won't be a "botnet coin"). Hopefully this change keeps the coin running smoothly with hardware updates on the gpu side.

BTC: 1HoDKDn6Gk7mggAhbRVA1T9UAU8kFAA6sy
CSM00

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:59:34 AM

whatever you are going to change, do it now, and be done with it. Seriously, no faster way to reduce credibility than start hosting public discussions on how to proceed. Especially voting for god's sake. Whose expertise am I putting my money into here?

+1

Especially when those discussions are here.  Just do it.

But... to offer an opinion.  Diff calc change is obvious and good - see CAT and KDC.

You'll never make everyone happy with the nFactor - someone will always want their 10yo POS GPU to work or only want their R19 in 2021 to be the only card that will work.  Litecoin was supposed to be GPU-proof and now its going to be an ASIC coin.  The world changes and setting things in stone for years doesnt make sense.  

Maybe tweak the current schedule with the caveat that it can/will change based on advances in technology.
jballs

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 02:23:15 AM

To make the point, I voted on both polls. Yet I know fuck all about gravity wells and n factors. Instead of that, get in touch with fellow über geek gurus in private and come up with the right solutions.

Aside from polling morons like me for the detriment of collective input, you are also speeding along the thought process of every would be and soon to be vert clone in the pipeline, decreasing your head start by N. That N I know about...

I do appreciate the open source mentality around all of this but remember you are creating money and money is a very particular sort of commodity. Confidence is paramount.

Especially since it's my money now.   Wink.

BorisTheSpider

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:38:57 AM

To make the point, I voted on both polls. Yet I know fuck all about gravity wells and n factors. Instead of that, get in touch with fellow über geek gurus in private and come up with the right solutions.

Aside from polling morons like me for the detriment of collective input, you are also speeding along the thought process of every would be and soon to be vert clone in the pipeline, decreasing your head start by N. That N I know about...

I do appreciate the open source mentality around all of this but remember you are creating money and money is a very particular sort of commodity. Confidence is paramount.

Especially since it's my money now.   Wink.

Your feedback is appreciated, and I understand your points. We wanted to involve everyone here, but rest assured - the potential ranges for the 2 polls (how long from wallet release to fork, and how fast to change N-factor) have been carefully thought about before we ever asked the questions - the extremes of the ranges we're polling are still entirely reasonable values for these decisions, and have been carefully thought about and discussed at length by the "über geek gurus" in private.

No decision will be made by majority, we will consider the poll results but might go against them. Ultimately, we will make sound decisions in private based on what is technically sound, and what protects your investment most strongly.

blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:00:26 AM

I dont think asking "public" how to upgrade coin is bad at all. I like it.
It also shows me devs are behind this coin and that it is good and live project..

And that KGW is really great.. slow diff was actually only think that bothered me bit about this coin..
nasone32

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:05:16 AM

well, they want to hear the community, what's wrong with that?
looks like a good thing to me.
CSM00

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:14:24 AM

well, they want to hear the community, what's wrong with that?
looks like a good thing to me.

Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:16:33 AM

IMPORTANT NEWS

There has been feedback from users on 2 points that we wanted to address and respond to.

1. The N-Factor schedule, which some people feel is too aggressive and might unfairly squeeze out older GPUs in future as N-factor increases.

2. The difficulty adjustment algorithm, with 3.5 day difficulty retargeting, which users felt (myself included) could be vulnerable to leaving us stranded at high difficulty if a multipool merges the VTC mining patches into a mining client, then leaves the network after a period of high profitability, greatly decreasing hashrate and leaving Vertcoin stranded with long block times, leaving the core VTC miners to mine through a long unprofitable period to get back to 2.5 minute blocks.

We have been testing and validating, and we're now ready to make 2 major changes:

2. N-factor changes will occur on a schedule somewhere between every 18 months and 2-years.

Put it in first page already.

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:30:32 AM

I'm pretty sure the 2016 block adjustment + extremely low difficulty setting was ONLY chosen so that the dev (and whoever was there on the first day) could make a killing in number of coins minted. You guys are aware that almost 10.000 blocks or 500.000 VTC and hence about HALF of all coins in existence were mined on the first day because of these "unfortunate" and "accidental" settings? http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=9499&count=500

In other words, about 17 days worth of coin creation happened within 15h. This would have not been possible if VTC had a fast difficulty adjustment. So I think this setting was intentional at the beginning. But it can/should be changed now. Wink

Eh. Wrong!! to bad your too late for the party, but I found out about this coins a days or so after it came out.
It was on 1 difficulty for like 4 days. Anyone could have grabbed some serious coins those first few days. I did pretty good seeing as I have only have one GPU.

Care to substantiate your claim?

And by serious coin you surely mean 1000-5000 coins, but nothing like the 500.000 that were handed over in the first 15h. Just look at the block explorer link I've posted - difficulty started at <0.000x and was still <=0.038 after 15h.

I don't really mind if the dev gets some easy coin as an incentive for his work - work that hopefully occurs in the past and future. I hold some coin as well. What I dislike is the dishonesty saying that it was "not" premined at all. A low difficulty at the beginning is similar to a premine, so vertcoin has an effective premine of at least 0.5%. We should be at block ~8000 but we are at ~23000.

It's not similar to a premine at all. Anyone watching this forum could have jumped on mining Vertcoin when it was launched Jan 11th. A premine locks out anyone other than the devs and whoever else he gives the wallet to.
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:45:15 AM

Remember to keep asking at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291647.0 if you want to trade VTC at Coinex.pw

shirenlihei

Activity: 159

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:56:46 AM

I'm pretty sure the 2016 block adjustment + extremely low difficulty setting was ONLY chosen so that the dev (and whoever was there on the first day) could make a killing in number of coins minted. You guys are aware that almost 10.000 blocks or 500.000 VTC and hence about HALF of all coins in existence were mined on the first day because of these "unfortunate" and "accidental" settings? http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=9499&count=500

In other words, about 17 days worth of coin creation happened within 15h. This would have not been possible if VTC had a fast difficulty adjustment. So I think this setting was intentional at the beginning. But it can/should be changed now. Wink

Eh. Wrong!! to bad your too late for the party, but I found out about this coins a days or so after it came out.
It was on 1 difficulty for like 4 days. Anyone could have grabbed some serious coins those first few days. I did pretty good seeing as I have only have one GPU.

And by serious coin you surely mean 1000-5000 coins, but nothing like the 500.000 that were handed over in the first 15h. Just look at the block explorer link I've posted - difficulty started at <0.000x and was still <=0.038 after 15h.

I don't really mind if the dev gets some easy coin as an incentive for his work - work that hopefully occurs in the past and future. I hold some coin as well. What I dislike is the dishonesty saying that it was "not" premined at all. A low difficulty at the beginning is similar to a premine, so vertcoin has an effective premine of at least 0.5%. We should be at block ~8000 but we are at ~23000.

It's not similar to a premine at all. Anyone watching this forum could have jumped on mining Vertcoin when it was launched Jan 11th. A premine locks out anyone other than the devs and whoever else he gives the wallet to.

If people really want a fair game, the difficulty may be fixed or decrease when the hashrate increase.  Grin
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:07:19 AM

VTC - MINE AND HOLD !

Love your sig!

Come and mine at vtcpool.co.uk

https://vtcpool.co.uk/

- https security
- vardiff
- PPLNS payouts
- Great support

Come join us
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:29:21 AM

This coin is the opposite of any kind of a premine,

It was announced days in advance,  Launched fairly with ANN post bumps,  I showed up a couple hours late to the party and the competition was FIERCE,  with 2 fast desktop CPU's and 4 cloud servers I only mined 300 coins in the first day and a half.

After that I was even half a day late to the GPU party and I put my GPU's on that and that is where the majority of my coins came from.

I have amassed more VTC than most have just by being a casual miner who has been aggressive about sticking with it.   

I wasn't even close to being first out of the gate.

BorisTheSpider

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:29:24 AM

IMPORTANT NEWS

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: