Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232527 times)
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 06:19:38 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 01:11:36 PM by jballs

Thanks bengtake.

Did not pull ou the calculator but looks like we have just broken 100,000. Verters/Vertans. Exponential growth happening.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
ivanrebroff

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 06:46:11 AM

https://i.imgur.com/9QNAqFm.png

Come and join us at http://vtc.coinvention.net!
* We re constantly finding blocks and have a very low TX fee from 0.001 Manual/Automatic
* Dummy Guide for Mining on News / Getting started
* Every 15 min Payout Schedule
* Servers Located in Germany with Low Latency

freenode #coinvention
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:54:31 AM

So people are coming to the realization that this coin, while slightly innovative, still isn't ASIC proof as is being promoted. This probably explains the massive drop in price.

That's not the reason at all. A retracement after the HUGE gain this coin has had is expected. Almost all crypto is down today, as well.

Everything is downtredning. This is going to be a long week for crypto. Mt. Gox has frozen all BTC on their site a few days ago.

After Gox either goes away forever or gets everything fixed things will improve. Guessing this will go on a few more days.
I am sure they will have some big new within 24-48 hours from Japan.

VTC was up 2000% or something to that effect. Right now it is literally up 1000% since 5 days ago.
Amazing coin for holding this well through one of the worst BTC news days ever.

I don't think that whale that was buying is going anywhere. He will be back to continue his work. And BTER listed this which is major.
When things improve will be nice to watch this rise back to where it was.

VTC has set the standard for all future scrypt coins.
jballs

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 06:57:25 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 07:54:30 AM by jballs

This has not yet officially begun. I want feedback from you guys before i begin.

facebook experiment:

I will rent your facebook page to promote vertcoin.

Go to vertcoin.org and download your wallet.

Share the IB Times Article linked below on your facebook page, set to public so I can verify it without being your friend.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/vertcoin-soaring-cryptocurrency-set-surpass-bitcoin-165058275.html

Make the first comment on your post as a receive address to receive your vertcoin.

Three people who do the above will be drawn at random to receive 300 VTC.

Everyone who shares it will receive one VTC. Allow 72 hours for me to catch up.

No new fb pages are eligible. No friend farms will be eligible, i will check each one personally and i know real people from stick figures so don't even try.

All straight up legit. First 1,000 to do the above will qualify and three of them will receive 300 bonus.

Ok feedback welcome. I dont want to go all pt barnum with the marketing but at 200 average friends on facebook that hits 200k people which beats most webiste circs.

Thoughts?

kb24mvp

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:00:16 AM

This has not yet officially begun. I want feedback from you guys before i begin.

facebook experiment:

I will rent your facebook page to promot vertcoin.

Share the IB Times Article linked below on your facebook page, set to public so I can verify it without being your friend.

Make the first comment on your artcle as a receive address to receive your vertcoin.

Everyone who shares it will receive one VTC. Allow 72 hours for me to cath up.

No new fb pages are eligible. No friend farms will be eligible, i will check each one personally and i know real people from stick figures so don't even try.

All straight up legit. First 1,000 to do the above will qualify and three of them will receive 300 bonus.

Ok feedback welcome. I dont want to go all pt barnum with the marketing but at 200 average friends on facebook that hits 200k people which beats most webiste circs.

Thoughts?

Awesome idea IMO, and it feels good people are doing this for the community... huge +1 to you if you end up doing this
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:14:36 AM

facebook experiment:

Thoughts?

Awesome idea, Oh, I have no fb, just twitter Sad
dsergeevich

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:15:05 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 07:36:34 AM by dsergeevich

facebook experiment:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/vertcoin-soaring-cryptocurrency-set-surpass-bitcoin-165058275.html

Make the first comment on your post as a receive address to receive your vertcoin.

Make the second comment the instructions above so your friends can get free vertcoin.

Thoughts?

done
jballs

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:16:37 AM

facebook experiment:

Thoughts?

Well then get on your twitter and tweet my friend. No way i am paying for tweets. Too much backgroud noise. But use you can tweet the offer to your friends.

steve_abel

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:17:22 AM

vertcoinheavyindustries.com has bfgminer listed in its getting started page.

does bfgminer work for vertcoin??  i was under the impression that it didnt.

Sorry Luthan. That getting started page is just the default one. It's on my todo list to improve it, or ask Boris and Alex if I can borrow theirs.
ahnonamis

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:24:19 AM

facebook experiment:

Make the second comment the instructions above so your friends can get free vertcoin.

Thoughts?

I would be careful about having people post to their friends with instructions on how to get free vert following the above. If you come across as Facebook friend spamming (like Zynga or King) most people tend to ignore it. Anything involving "How to get free x" tends to be ignored by most people. The best bet is to link people to a separate page (or even a post in this topic) that explains how they can earn free vert, start mining, buy vert with USD (by converting BTC), etc. If that post happens to mention near the end people can also share on their FB, great. But I'd avoid "share this for free stuff!" as the main call to action if you want it to have any lasting impression.
Hardwyre

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:25:13 AM

Done sir.

https://www.facebook.com/Jaedos

facebook experiment:

Thoughts?
jballs

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:29:01 AM

facebook experiment:

Thoughts?

I would be careful about having people post to their friends with instructions on how to get free vert following the above. If you come across as Facebook friend spamming (like Zynga or King) most people tend to ignore it. Anything involving "How to get free x" tends to be ignored by most people. The best bet is to link people to a separate page (or even a post in this topic) that explains how they can earn free vert, start mining, buy vert with USD (by converting BTC), etc. If that post happens to mention near the end people can also share on their FB, great. But I'd avoid "share this for free stuff!" as the main call to action if you want it to have any lasting impression.

Thanks youre right on about that. To be clear i want people only to post it to their own page not friends. But better to leave the option if whether they want to explain why they posted it for them to explain if they want to do so and in their own words. I will see if i can refine it a bit.

jballs

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:33:48 AM

Done sir.

https://www.facebook.com/Jaedos

facebook experiment:

Thoughts?

Well thanks that was fast and much easier for me to visualize how it would work out. Ok nobody else post facebook oage links to this thread henceforth we are not doing a giveaway on this forum. I will set up an email addrss to send confirm links to. When we start. But op i will flip you a Vert for your enthusiasm. Anyone else links to this thread is disqualified. Just keeping things clean here.  

miningcoinz

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:36:06 AM

the drop

.What i think is....
1 Btc is way down (Gox)
 2 Vert went up 1000% just in a few day, so it will come down some for a few 
  3 Vert needs to market
   4 People in the market are pushing it low so they can ride it to the top
    5 Just give it time, and help grow the vert movment

Vert Add (My one vert could use a buddy lol)
Vn8rw3wadZ2A41asQhhUQmEF1DaunwJTwa
jballs

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:37:55 AM

Ps hardwyre can you delete the instructions on the comment of your fb page for now? That is the part that i need to do differently and dont want you going all viral before I get it dialed in. Thanks.

ieatm3s

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:39:02 AM

I think the russian government has the most influence on recent BTC tank. And gox.
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:43:13 AM

I think the russian government has the most influence on recent BTC tank. And gox.

Yeah, have you seen USD/RUR and EUR/RUR pairs?
jballs

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:44:09 AM

It is all gox and all btc tanking. The russia knews is all out of context. Just bankers dissimg altcoin. Same as ours did. Doesnt mean anything. But gox was a lot of liquidity in the market and exchange corruption or malfeasance or incompetence is always bad news. Not fatal fortunately but unless btc is going to crash and burn and die we will see a big rally from some level. A the altcoins will go into rally mode with it and only then will we see how everyone feels anout vert. Meanwhile no way to read the weakness except fear.  

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:51:04 AM

facebook experiment:

Thoughts?

Well then get on your twitter and tweet my friend. No way i am paying for tweets. Too much backgroud noise. But use you can tweet the offer to your friends.

Posted https://twitter.com/cryptorush/status/432420964907745280 hope it can help to spread VTC and rise back.
wintersondante

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:55:36 AM

Personally I think the Russian news is larger than the Mt. Gox news.  Mt. Gox exchange will just get absorbed somewhere else.  Yeah it's annoying to those with stuck funds, but they'll get them back.  On the newsfront for exchanges, the first major US based exchange rumors getting louder and louder, to me that easily equals the Mt. Gox news.  I can also tell you that from several friends in San Fran. the amount of interest in Crypto is beyond through the roof.  VC can't spend enough on crypto concepts and startups.  That train is already gaining momentum.

Russia is the bigger story in the short term, if you look at a few of those articles about the Russian decision, it mentioned various banks that had been extremely bullish on bitcoin and altcoins.  In all likelihood this means those banks were holding-- ALOT.  Chances are the larger banks got "nudged" a bit by this news and probably encouraged to unload and get back into Rubles.  It would not affect a retail investor, who will just sit in the anonymity of location-less-ness, but the banks can get their tail caught in the door easier than small time retailers, or clever money laundering types.  After the Russian banks move what they need to move, we'll bottom out and proceed again.  Nothing to worry about.

Also, jballs, great idea, there is another facebook trick I'd be happy to help with if you like to market this gorilla style.  hit me with a PM and we can talk about it, I've got some social media guru pals.

I'm all about Vertcoin since discovering it recently due to technical superiority, but we need marketing too to push this thing forward.  The path of technology is littered with many superior products that lost out to inferior tech. that had a bigger ad-budget.  We need to create a meme, and start a craze.  Doge 2.0, something, something...

Need more iterations on getting the word out and create a demand for vertcoin!

Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: