Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232524 times)
Kalizar

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:12:27 PM

Apparently someone with a 750 Ti can mine 3 times faster than my R9 290. An R9 280 mines just as fast as an R9 290.

what speed reaches 750 Ti ?

I've seen people reporting 9 MH/s for 750Ti. The highest performance for R9 290 is about 3-3.5 MH/s.

Under any other circumstances, my R9 290 mines over 3 times more than and costs about 3 times as much. It makes sense though.

The hash rate:gpu is way off balance. I will not mine at a 1/3rd of the rate of a card thats 1/3rd of the price.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

Apparently someone with a 750 Ti can mine 3 times faster than my R9 290. An R9 280 mines just as fast as an R9 290.

I've seen people reporting 9 MH/s for 750Ti. The highest performance for R9 290 is about 3-3.5 MH/s.

Under any other circumstances, my R9 290 mines over 3 times more than and costs about 3 times as much. It makes sense though.

The hash rate:gpu is way off balance. I will not mine at a 1/3rd of the rate of a card thats 1/3rd of the price.

Scrypt-N on Ge-Force 3x faster than on R9 290? It's impossible. Nvidia is just energy efficient.
Kalizar

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

Scrypt-N on Ge-Force 3x faster than on R9 290? It's impossible. Nvidia is just energy efficient.

If you read I was referring to X11 and why I wouldn't mine it.
MichBjukenon

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:02:15 PM

UTC devs changed the block reward,just look at did it do good to them or not...i doubt it...
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:16:38 PM

vtcpool.co.uk is closing down
Please move your miners away, and withdraw your coins

Due to the huge success of p2pool, the issues encountered during a recent migration of the pool, and in order to spend more time on other projects that benefit VTC, I've taken the decision to close vtcpool.co.uk

The closure will take effect at 18:00 UTC on Thursday the 5th of June. The stratums will be put offline a day earlier to ensure miners who mine up until the last day can wait for coin maturity and withdraw.

Please withdraw any VTC you hold in the MPOS pool before the closure. The p2pool node suffered a failure between the last time I checked it and today, so has been offline for mining - the payout scripts continue to run, so will pay out any remaining VTC/MON between now and the closure.

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 07:27:32 PM

I believe we can until the end of the month to see the price of 0.02

who thinks that is achievable let put the +1
Zarmung

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

As for DRK, you can't compete directly with it. You'll need 0.02 x 28.800 = 576 BTC per day to just hold price. DRK only needs 0.02 x 2880 = 57.6 BTC.
What are you talking about?!
At this price you need about 48 btc each day to hold the price at this level under the condition that all coins are sold directly and nobody buys them on exchange!
Actually sometimes you need 0 btc to keep the price from falling or demand exceeds supply - in this case you need to sell Vert to hold the price.
AlterMiner

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

Change formula awards and thereby become scamcoin as DRK?
No, thank you, this shit we do not need.
I think it is honesty Vertsoin distribution of coins so gnawing holders DRC. They feel that they are involved in a scam, so trying to persuade Vertcoin go to the dark side.
P.S. I have 4500+VTC.
Kartoffelknilch

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 07:39:09 PM

I dont get it...

All bad talk is about: VTC is losing ground...

Against what?

BTC? DRK? LTC?

My point of view is: vtc is stable ~ 1$ even there are more coins dumped.

Look at this like this way:
In the beginning VTC (few coins) was worth 1$
Now as VTC is kind of "trendy" its worth 1$ even there are much more coins available.

VTC has a more and more healthy base as more and more miners are setting up their own p2pool node => more decentralisation!

If this all hits the brains of some poor GPU miners when all the asics fireing up... well just wait and see...

BUT one point has to be changed!
Setting up merged mining (VTC+MON+PLX+???) needs to be more n00b friendly!
Otherwise there will be more centralisation on pools who are "one-click-all-coins-are-mined!" offering!
So please good Devs: do something about that!
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

BUT one point has to be changed!
Setting up merged mining (VTC+MON+PLX+???) needs to be more n00b friendly!
Otherwise there will be more centralisation on pools who are "one-click-all-coins-are-mined!" offering!
So please good Devs: do something about that!

Someone is on it already, a community member:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32s5c-zaRvA&feature=youtu.be
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/270ei3/update_on_vertcoin_p2p_gui_lots_of_progress/

Cool
iGoodw1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:05:18 PM

We need own vertcointalk.org site I think, where community can share ideas, make different polls and have direct contact with developers.

I can get a myBB forum up fast dedicated for VTC. However, www.vertcointalk.com is taken.

BB is boring and boring. This is much more fashionable piece of ruby https://github.com/discourse/discourse

I could get this running just as easily. I have not operated in forum in a little over 5 years so that's why I threw BB out there.

I have a steady VPS and would pick up the domain if I could. Other than that, we would need a different name to go by.
I think there we can buy it.
https://www.name.com/domain/search/?domain=http%3A%2F%2Fvertcointalk.com&utm_expid=3399857-32._loN8tqhRX2HS0IJHfWaTw.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.name.com%2F

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:05:04 PM

Do you not understand that even if you change the inflation rate, without constant new funds, the price will still trend downwards?

It's a whole different game requiring 4x funds. I'm sure you understand that.

If you have some patience, think what happens:
- We maintain our good image.
- New INNOVATIVE features go in, for now, at the end of the month, which will certainly attract interest (and will compete with DRK directly).
- We look better than coins like DRK who changed their parameters hardcore to benefit early investors.

Stealth addresses were already priced-in after the spike. And then the unloading happened. And then further dumping happened.

As for DRK, you can't compete directly with it. You'll need 0.02 x 28.800 = 576 BTC per day to just hold price. DRK only needs 0.02 x 2880 = 57.6 BTC.

This inflation parameter does not benefit early investor. It benefits     E V E R Y   S I N G L E   investor and miner who doesn't want their money to be debased.

Currency that is not store of value = I sell it today and buy it tomorrow because it'll be cheaper = no reason to hold it.

If you are a bagholder and you don't understand this simple premise, there is nothing I can do.

PS. Run a community poll just to see interest about this proposal of reducing inflation - not as a decision making poll. I'd open it myself but it's better if the devs do it. I don't see why the devs want to listen to the community only in the issue of GPU mining and not in other things regarding coin direction or economic parameters. You are either with the community or you are not. You can't be with the community selectively only in matters relating to ASIC resistance and GPU mining.

Market manipulation via coin payout parameters is nothing I am interested in.

When VTC gets big, I don't want all the early adopters (like myself) getting hood rich while the new miners get screwed.

Right now I make 10x as much merged mining VTC/PLX/MON/(soon more).

DRK is broken. It's been out since JAN/FEB and still does not have a fully functional miner for the public.

Someone could have mining software getting 100x speeds and not releasing it. If cards mined at hash rates based on the GPUs specs, I would have some more respect in that regard.

Not accurate, a single gtx 750 ti gets 2.2mh/s...they'll get 2.8-3mh/s soon.
And that's because of the genius of the cudaminer devs, not because the coin is broken lol
Quite an ignorant remark. Some architectures favor different algorithms, it's not rocket science nor some evil conspiracy.

Now, that some people have x11 FPGA's, it wouldn't surprise me one bit, it's not a very asic resistant algorithm.
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

If someone looking for merged mining vtc/mon p2pool/proxypool you can use my own:

http://vert-coin.pl

Enjoy.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Kalizar

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:23:13 PM

Do you not understand that even if you change the inflation rate, without constant new funds, the price will still trend downwards?

- New INNOVATIVE features go in, for now, at the end of the month, which will certainly attract interest (and will compete with DRK directly).
- We look better than coins like DRK who changed their parameters hardcore to benefit early investors.

Stealth addresses were already priced-in after the spike. And then the unloading happened. And then further dumping happened.

This inflation parameter does not benefit early investor. It benefits     E V E R Y   S I N G L E   investor and miner who doesn't want their money to be debased.

Currency that is not store of value = I sell it today and buy it tomorrow because it'll be cheaper = no reason to hold it.

If you are a bagholder and you don't understand this simple premise, there is nothing I can do.

PS. Run a community poll just to see interest about this proposal of reducing inflation - not as a decision making poll. I'd open it myself but it's better if the devs do it. I don't see why the devs want to listen to the community only in the issue of GPU mining and not in other things regarding coin direction or economic parameters. You are either with the community or you are not. You can't be with the community selectively only in matters relating to ASIC resistance and GPU mining.

When VTC gets big, I don't want all the early adopters (like myself) getting hood rich while the new miners get screwed.

DRK is broken. It's been out since JAN/FEB and still does not have a fully functional miner for the public.

Someone could have mining software getting 100x speeds and not releasing it. If cards mined at hash rates based on the GPUs specs, I would have some more respect in that regard.

And that's because of the genius of the cudaminer devs, not because the coin is broken lol
Quite an ignorant remark. Some architectures favor different algorithms, it's not rocket science nor some evil conspiracy.

Now, that some people have x11 FPGA's, it wouldn't surprise me one bit, it's not a very asic resistant algorithm.

As I said, that was what people were reporting in the thread.

Why does the R9 280 mine just as fast as the R9 290? Props to CUDA miner guys, right? lolz

Going back the past 10 pages or so, you constantly pop up and spread FUD about VTC and on multiple occasions implied that everyone should switch.

Why should I take anything you say serious when all you will do is try to put down the coin that the thread is dedicated towards?

jacob019

Activity: 252

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:41:52 AM

MingoPool is a scam!

Search the 365coin thread for "mingopool", TONS of complaints.   He stole 0.38 365 from me.  On the day I discovered it that amount was worth USD$352 !  Other complaints of him using miners credentials on other pools and changing the payout address.  Stupid to reuse credentials, but still NOT COOL! It's amazing the pool ops can screw over the community and continue operating under the same name.

From his site: "We recompiled the cpu and gpu miners with a few fixes for our stratum. They will improve your hashrate 5% ~ 30% depending your hardware."  How much do want to bet that if you run his binary next to your wallet that your coins will mysteriously go missing. 

Favorite coin: Kimocoin (KMC) - in-thread auctions for real world merchandise
website - faucet - explorer - dice
ivanlabrie

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:28:14 AM

As I said, that was what people were reporting in the thread.

Why does the R9 280 mine just as fast as the R9 290? Props to CUDA miner guys, right? lolz

Going back the past 10 pages or so, you constantly pop up and spread FUD about VTC and on multiple occasions implied that everyone should switch.

Why should I take anything you say serious when all you will do is try to put down the coin that the thread is dedicated towards?

I don't spread fud, at all..I'm more of a neutral observer.
You can feel free to look up my thread over at overclock.net, I'm a well respected member of the crypto scene and pretty knowledgeable when it comes to mining and alt coins. I've been a vertcoin supporter for a long time now, exclusively mining it with my farm but lately I had to switch to some other crap coins sadly, and curecoin briefly (which is a shame that it won't get very far because of the dev team Sad )
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:46:37 AM

I need a help from other pool operators Smiley SOmething is wrong with block finding in my pool. Everything is ok no errors in stratum, wallet or mpos. But people mine in my pool (included me) and we cannot find block. I have Est. Shares this Round 413,369 (done: 873.35%). Something is wrong but i dont know where to look. If someone could help please ?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:37:09 PM

I dont get it...

All bad talk is about: VTC is losing ground...

Against what?

BTC? DRK? LTC?

0. BTC/??? pairs loosing BTC rate due to huge BTC uptrend

1. VTC didn't lose USD value. It's even stable because BTC rise is fast and a furious. Now VTC coming up a bit.
2. Scrypt coins loosing ground due to to massive ASIC dump
3. A lot of coins just disappearing
4. Some coins are stay the same BTC rate or artificially rising due to successful PoS multipools and coming back again every day (where VTC also mined as profitable coin).

Look at buys on craptsy and mintpal, whales and investors with money are not idiots.
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:53:30 PM

I really do like the idea of Vertcoin. Still, two things come to my mind:

1.) Claiming something is "ASIC proof". No algorithm is that. You can always develop an ASIC. GPUs are ASICs, after all. Take the design of a GPU, strip everything not needed for Vertcoin mining and that's your VTC-ASIC. Still, of course, that ASIC would be way more complex than any SHA/BTC ASIC and would require loads of fast memory, thus making it very expensive (compared to SHA and even scrypt/LTC ASICS). But this immediately leads to my second point.

2.) How bad are ASICs after all? With SHA, there is a low entry level for developing an ASIC. With VTC, this "entry barrier" would be much higher. Imagine VTC would be as popular as BTC is now. I'm going to guarantee you that at least one person/group would be into developing a VTC ASIC. But that's the problem: Only few entities would have the funds to do so, much fewer than with Bitcoin. After all, this will lead to more centralization, not less.

I don't like that "hobby mining" is gone in the Bitcoin world, I don't like how much current ASICs are overpriced.

But I still think the Bitcoin network is better off with all the ASICs than the VTC network would be.

No worries. The coin is software. ASICs are hardware. A simple algorithm tweak proposed by the VTC developers and agreed upon by the community will shake off an ASIC. Even a change to N-factor schedule would wreak havoc on ASIC makers' business plans. As long as Vertans say ASICs are not welcome here, we'll be able to preserve the 'hobby mining' angle for a good while.

Edit: BTW I don't like the asics at all, mostly because of the incredible disruption they caused. There are not many companies that can make asics this complex, and when they do have working units they extensivly 'test' them before they ship them out. That's what I think BFL and such did.

HinnomTX,

ShadesOfMarble does have a point though, IMO. Asics (and FPGAs) are sort of in between hardware and software. The GPU (the core itself) is basically an ASIC. With lots of functionality that's not required for mining.

So if you could strip the unneeded parts from a graphicscard's GPU you could create an mining-specific PCB with a higher efficiency and probably lower power requirements. And you could change the N-factor just as easily.

I think that would would require an incredible amount of engineering though, you'd be doing AMD's and Nvidia's work basically. To me that doesn't sound feasible.

Unless AMD and Nvidia themselves would start producing those miners. Then again, the downside of anything application specific is that they're completely useless if this whole *coin-world collapses.

I don't think that will happen, but for a company this is probably a big risk.

This is my whole point. If there is enough money in it, some entity will do it. But only companies with a very good funding will be able to do it.

Fast forward to 2017, everybody is using Vertcoin now because they thought it will free the cryptocurrency world from "those ASIC companies". But, boom! AMD just developed an ASIC miner, because their GPUs are really good at mining anyway, so they just removed everything not needed for mining, no video output etc, high power VRMs for insane clock speeds, loads of high-speed memory (because they are such a big company and buy tons of it they get it cheaper than anyone else), so they run 10-100x more efficient (both MH/s/J and USD/(Mh/s)) than the GPUs they sell. So now all the hashing power basically lays in the hand of one company. Because the design of the ASIC is very complex, no other company competes with AMD. What now?

With SHA, you could even go the "ultra cheap" route and do a hardcopy ASIC with existing (open source) HDL code. How many SHA ASICs do we have? A dozen? They all compete and are at least an oligopoly.

Anyway: The statement "No more ASICs" ist just not true. It should say "Currently no ASICs".

The thing is, if the community doesn't want ASICS, they will never mine successfully for long.

And here we go : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421921.msg7087970#msg7087970

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
ivanlabrie

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

I'd agree with all those points, but the coin needs more to offer for it to make it big.
Other than asic resistance, and currently stealth addresses, legitimate uses for the coin.

As for human stupidity, yeah, people with money are still people. I wouldn't make money day trading if people with money weren't stupid too.
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: