Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:49:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232521 times)
BBristow79

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

I'm in for the long haul. Just purchased another 1300 VTC at the current price to add to my portfolio. The price fluctuations in crypto are not for the faint at heart. If we panic and make hasty changes it will harm VTC in the long run.

One of the main reasons for my support of this coin and community is that everything that has been done has been a product of much though, debate and ultimately completed because it helped VTC in the long term. As a developer involved in many large project making changes to a release is very risky business. Creating MON and using it as a test bed/merged mining template was brilliant. The fact that the dev team is not worried about the current price is excellent. They won't sell out the coin for temp gains while sacrificing the long term viability.

This forum should be about sharing ideas, both popular and not, and helping develop the coin and community. Each time we take shots at each other we take away from the coin rather than add. For those only interested in creating havoc (I don't see many here) please do us a favor and leave.

TL;DR; Lets focus on the positives and constructive criticism. The dev's are on the right path and I couldn't be happier to be a early adopter of VTC!
deky_

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:15:23 PM

TL;DR; Lets focus on the positives and constructive criticism. The dev's are on the right path and I couldn't be happier to be a early adopter of VTC!

+1

VTC Donations : VmdSExjrX9wxVt3mSq2mGXd4bLtNrpyGhJ
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:39:08 PM

we are talking a lot... but WHERE are the devs? I never read anything from them. They barely show up and right now is a crucial time. I am buying VTC, because i believe in them, but today some filled my buy orders at 0.001005!!!

When we go below 0.001 we will possibly see a point of no return, because panic sellers will try to save at least some BTC.

i was expecting VTC to bottom out at 0.0015, but this is bullshit right now.
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:43:28 PM

we are talking a lot... but WHERE are the devs? I never read anything from them. They barely show up and right now is a crucial time. I am buying VTC, because i believe in them, but today some filled my buy orders at 0.001005!!!

When we go below 0.001 we will possibly see a point of no return, because panic sellers will try to save at least some BTC.

They are doing important things. Like life... and the new Stealth Address feature this month.

If they spent all, or any, time reassuring a bickering crowd... it would never get done, or take much longer.

Jiggy0001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

They are doing important things. Like life... and the new Stealth Address feature this month.

If they spent all, or any, time reassuring a bickering crowd... it would never get done, or take much longer.

this is not the answer investors want to hear.... they are not Apple.

at least give some signs of life, otherwise the dumping avalanche will break the coin and i doubt people will trust this dev anymore. I mean how can you let such a good coin die?
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:15:13 PM

this is not the answer investors want to hear.... they are not Apple.

at least give some signs of life,
otherwise the dumping avalanche will break the coin and i doubt people will trust this dev anymore. I mean how can you let such a good coin die?

Never invest money you can not lose. Invest in only things that you understand after doing sufficient research. What is it? who is behind it? what are the short, mid, and long term plans. Once invested, closely monitor the status and well being of your investment. If none of these are able to be done, it is best to consider investing elsewhere.

It is not my, or anyone else's job to reassure you of your investment status, but if you were truly concerned, you would go through the recent post history of (all) the devs on this forum and the others that they frequent. If you did this I think you would be pleasantly surprised and relieved that the coin is in good hands and is being developed. But hey, its your ur money, do what u want.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:24:42 PM

we are talking a lot... but WHERE are the devs? I never read anything from them. They barely show up and right now is a crucial time.

I don't think now is any more crucial than any other time (ie. I'm not really that interested in the price, and I don't think that's what the devs should be interested in).

We certainly do show up! A casual read back through the thread will show the extent to which we're all active here, but more importantly we're working on actually implementing new stuff, rather than tending a bitcointalk thread - again, it's a matter of perception, and I understand people want to see us here, but we are plenty active in the thread, and much more active actually doing stuff!
Jiggy0001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:30:55 PM

i guess some people have to learn that also the crypto market has to be seen from the INVESTOR´s point of view...

I am investing in VTC and i have been for months now, but it is not enough just saying we are working on "new" stuff while the price is moving to in critical thresholds.

as soon as we see VTC trading under 0.001 it will be interesting if the "new" stuff will be enough to stabilize the market.

To those who are making "smart" comments: please don't be childish!
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

i guess some people have to learn that also the crypto market has to be seen from the INVESTOR´s point of view...

I am investing in VTC and i have been for months now, but it is not enough just saying we are working on "new" stuff while the price is moving to in critical thresholds.

as soon as we see VTC trading under 0.001 it will be interesting if the "new" stuff will be enough to stabilize the market.

To those who are making "smart" comments: please don't be childish!

Interesting. What would you suggest. It takes time to implement new features and roll them out efficiently. Bearing this in mind, what would be "enough" in your opinion to stabilize the market in the mean time?

The market is what it is, it can be artificially controlled perhaps in the short term, but this would would be counter productive for long term value. The crypto market is fickle, and folks expect quick results. But this is unrealistic. It seems that we are evolving into two camps. One group of coins that get pumped with hype and shortly die after, and the other group which have a clear vision of what they are doing and attempting to develop the coins in a pragmatic, rational way. This 2nd group consists of no more than 5 coins I can think of from the top of my head and VTC is one of them. I personally only invest into coins that fall into the second group as its the safest bet in a very high risk market. Weekly swings should not matter.
BBristow79

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

we are talking a lot... but WHERE are the devs? I never read anything from them. They barely show up and right now is a crucial time.

I don't think now is any more crucial than any other time (ie. I'm not really that interested in the price, and I don't think that's what the devs should be interested in).

We certainly do show up! A casual read back through the thread will show the extent to which we're all active here, but more importantly we're working on actually implementing new stuff, rather than tending a bitcointalk thread - again, it's a matter of perception, and I understand people want to see us here, but we are plenty active in the thread, and much more active actually doing stuff!

Boris - Don't change a thing. The majority of us are quite happy with the actual work being done over hand holding during price fluctuations. I wonder if these people will tell you to stop posting so much when the prices are rising and get back to work!

Keep doing what you're doing!
iGoodw1n

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:51:25 PM

Boris - Don't change a thing. The majority of us are quite happy with the actual work being done over hand holding during price fluctuations. I wonder if these people will tell you to stop posting so much when the prices are rising and get back to work!

But some PR is not bad thing.  Smiley

BBristow79

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:03:33 PM

I would argue it's up to us to promote PR. We know what the Dev's are working on, we know the fundamentals of the coin. We can all help with the PR.

First step - make this forum and the reddit sub a nicer place for visitors. Create positive thought provoking posts and welcome newbies with open arms. The devs PR are their actions. If we had a PR only guy that would be different and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt Smiley

After working with Crypto for a year now (still lots more to learn) I've found that anything new / exciting gets the attention of profit takers. They create hype pump a coin make a lot of money off the backs of new investors (ponzi) and dump the coin afterwards. It's happened so many times and will continue to happen. From BTC --> LTC --> N-Scrypt - different Algo's - POS... each gets pumped and very few survive the aftermath.

VTC survived the Cryptsy pump and has continued to innovate and thrive where other one trick pony coins have faded away to obscurity. VTC is about the future, it's long term with staying power. We all just need to help cultivate it so it grows into what we know it can become. Take advantage of these dips rather than focusing on the potential lost wealth.

You only lose money when you sell. You can continually lower your average buy costs by purchasing when prices are low. I just broke 5k VTC yesterday. I invested another 1000 USD and couldn't be happier. 
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:04:15 PM

BBrisow - thanks.

iGoodw1n - yes, a big PR initiative is on the way shortly.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:14:17 PM

BBrisow - thanks.

i am not complaining about your work, i honestly think you are the most reliable DEV out there... But sometimes it seems to me that you are experts in your technology, but miss the important PR aspect.

I am fine now, i will support VCT and hope that we will have a HOT summer.
iGoodw1n

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:18:12 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 08:37:35 PM by iGoodw1n

But some PR is not bad thing.  Smiley

BBrisow - thanks.

i am not complaining about your work, i honestly think you are the most reliable DEV out there... But sometimes it seems to me that you are experts in your technology, but miss the important PR aspect.

VTC Devs make a great work, but in my opinion their work is very silent. Another coins sometimes make a small things but it has big noise about it. VTC is needed more noise about what devs is making now, what stage of implementing new features, what they will schedule in the future.

dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:45:51 PM

My three 290s are already sweating their pants off Smiley
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:49:34 PM

My three 290s are already sweating their pants off Smiley
my 290 too
 Grin
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

Hi friends,
I rather do not write because I was a little sick

I've read all posts ....

- I looked exchanges for trading
I can say that we miss some important things about the market right now

I'll tell you the most important thing to me ..... you will soon... you wake up with a price starting price of 0,002

and then you will angry
that you are not purchased of these outrageous low prices

look exchanges
very small orders for sale
the price will recover just for 1 minute

- to all who say that we must reduce the award - inflation
You may have recently in this world - history shows that most of the coins that have done this - it did not lead to higher prices in the long term, but only 1 to 2 weeks, then the price drops even more because the people lost the trust in the coin

- to all who say why not POW - POS
proven that these are not security coins .... you'll see in time

- It is all very well chosen

Algorithm: Scrypt-N / Beat ASIC - soon many coins will be 51% attacked by ASIC, then maybe they will die/

Symbol :  VTC / well selected symbols BTC-> LTC -> VTC /

Max Coins: 84 million vertcoins. / BTC there are too few coins over time would be very confusing to buy and sell prices of like 0.00000008/for a piece of pizza  .... it would be very confusing for the average user, VTC there are a good amount of coins

Block time: 2.5 minutes / this is very important and very well chosen in VTC, coins with a very fast or too slow blocks are not secure /

Subsidy halves every 840,000 blocks (~4 years) / enough time for all newcomers to join the project with equal start with all the other supporters /
Difficulty Re-Target Time:  Every block with Kimotos Gravity Well algorithm / so far it's good, I think there is more to be done .... but at this point is well /
Block Rewards: 50 coins per block

Don't forget p2pool and VTC+MON - more secure network

I believe in you guys .... Make a smooth transition to the new changes and EXTRA BIG PR

And finally let everyone think what he did for VERTCOIN

I apologize for my english Smiley

Thanks for reading my post!

I stopped smoking, coffee and alcohol .... but you can buy me a cake the address is in the signature .....
[/size]

iGoodw1n

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

Hi friends,
I rather do not write because I was a little sick

I've read all posts ....

- I looked exchanges for trading
I can say that we miss some important things about the market right now

I'll tell you the most important thing to me ..... you will soon... you wake up with a price starting price of 0,002

and then you will angry
that you are not purchased of these outrageous low prices

look exchanges
very small orders for sale
the price will recover just for 1 minute

- to all who say that we must reduce the award - inflation
You may have recently in this world - history shows that most of the coins that have done this - it did not lead to higher prices in the long term, but only 1 to 2 weeks, then the price drops even more because the people lost the trust in the coin

- to all who say why not POW - POS
proven that these are not security coins .... you'll see in time

- It is all very well chosen

Algorithm: Scrypt-N / Beat ASIC - soon many coins will be 51% attacked by ASIC, then maybe they will die/

Symbol :  VTC / well selected symbols BTC-> LTC -> VTC /

Max Coins: 84 million vertcoins. / BTC there are too few coins over time would be very confusing to buy and sell prices of like 0.00000008/for a piece of pizza  .... it would be very confusing for the average user, VTC there are a good amount of coins

Block time: 2.5 minutes / this is very important and very well chosen in VTC, coins with a very fast or too slow blocks are not secure /

Subsidy halves every 840,000 blocks (~4 years) / enough time for all newcomers to join the project with equal start with all the other supporters /
Difficulty Re-Target Time:  Every block with Kimotos Gravity Well algorithm / so far it's good, I think there is more to be done .... but at this point is well /
Block Rewards: 50 coins per block

Don't forget p2pool and VTC+MON - more secure network

I believe in you guys .... Make a smooth transition to the new changes and EXTRA BIG PR

And finally let everyone think what he did for VERTCOIN

I apologize for my english Smiley

Thanks for reading my post!

I stopped smoking, coffee and alcohol .... but you can buy me a cake the address is in the signature .....
[/size]

totally agree. Goal for VTC is 100% p2p mining coin.

Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:47:43 PM

It seems a lot of the hypes are incentives offered for investors to rake in more coins. DRK offers masternode operators currently 10% of the block reward.

Although the whole concept of DRK has never sat well with me... perhaps we could use a similar tactic to redistribute miners.

If VTC could offer X% (ex: 10%) of the blockchain reward to P2Pool miners only, this could potentially crumble traditional pools relying on VTC.

Maybe this could be added along with the stealth update?
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: