Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:40:34 PM

price drops due to multipool

i think vertcoin dev have to figure out a way to beat multipool.

ppl are dumping PoW coins to buy p&d coin (pure pos)

is it possible to change Vertcoin to pure PoS or reduce the reward like DRK did?

what are you talking about lol, why you wanna go and make our coin just some other p&d no name coin...

isn't vtc also dumped for so long time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:43:51 PM

pump incoming  Wink

Stop spamming other coin threads with your stupid advertisement! You will give this coin and our community a bad name!
Are you braindamaged or something?!

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:47:10 PM

We should put more video cards to increase the difficulty, then the price will continue up trend

@Kergekoin
I'm just excited  Grin
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

Okay, I have a couple questions, but first some background. I have sent a test Stealth Transaction to another wallet. I used the big 102 character Stealth Address, and while it took a bit longer than a regular transaction, I can now see the transaction on the public block chain. Great.

Now, how do I actually receive the funds on the other end!?

I've clicked the "Import Stealth Address Transactions" many times, and it doesn't seem to do anything. And while I'm here, what does the "Reset Private Key Status" button do? I clicked it and it did the same as the Import Stealth Address Transactions button as far as I can see, which is to say it did nothing. There should be a manual for this stuff, or at least a "How To...", but I'll be darned if I can find it!

At this point, what's the time frame for a Stealth Transaction to fully confirm, or is there such a thing? If I can see the transaction on the block chain, it ought to be available to import, right? We also need some form of indicator that something has happened, and it wouldn't hurt to have a tool tip on the buttons telling users what they're for. As it stands, my 5.3xxx VTC transaction is on the block chain but not in the target wallet. Hmmm....
Hi,

When you send VTC to a stealth address, in order to receive the fund on the other side, the other side has to click "Import Stealth Address Transactions."
After they clicked "Import Stealth Address Transactions," if there is nothing happen, it means they don't have SX transactions that belong to their stealth address.

For "Reset Private Key Status," it uses when you move wallet to somewhere else, and you want to scan stealth address transactions which belong to your wallet in blockchain again to make sure you don't miss any SX transactions. "Reset Private Key Status" will reset status private keys which belong to SX transactions in wallet from "imported" to "non-imported," so you can import those private key to your wallet again.

Here is an example scenario:

Payee Stealth Address : vJmuzLULEmQD3qEsrTibFmq6edWMGYaLFLLDMiJXii7HNRoyuB1Fdp5iUccAQ4XpmeN64cYnPKaat6k khGpzxnaJ6sDFWuZLjTA5UW
Payer regular address : TPRt3N9QqLMQQjSwQthpcAXMmRghzHGfcY
When the Payer wants to send money to the Payee, the Payer will put vJmuzLULEmQD3qEsrTibFmq6edWMGYaLFLLDMiJXii7HNRoyuB1Fdp5iUccAQ4XpmeN64cYnPKaat6k khGpzxnaJ6sDFWuZLjTA5UW into "Pay To" textbox in Qt wallet like http://imgur.com/svRzUng , and then click "send".
The transaction will show in the Payer wallet like : http://imgur.com/8yGxQSC, instead of showing the Payee stealth address. So, everyone will see the Payer paid money to TBPThWuNekMkqGj1YYp3mHddJH8fVXPNvY in blockchain. NO ONE KNOWS the Payer paid to the Payee stealth address : vJmuzLULEmQD3qEsrTibFmq6edWMGYaLFLLDMiJXii7HNRoyuB1Fdp5iUccAQ4XpmeN64cYnPKaat6k khGpzxnaJ6sDFWuZLjTA5UW
In order to receive the money, the Payee needs to go to "Stealth Address" tab, and then click "Import Stealth Address Transactions" like http://imgur.com/58VALhB
The Payee will have the money which sent from the Payer.

Thank
I did all that, and IT IS NOT WORKING. This is not really good news as far as I'm concerned. So right now there's a transaction that I sent to the following stealth address:
vJmtKDHvgLV5SD1KQ2a9BhUeZaBBNhhSrkrCvfTy7cZ16pjEAnEGii1kL35FzGGeGy6g64BCErHGbcz fExwcADZU43n8Y44fCGT9H9

That in turn gave me a transaction in my wallet that says ID 64b0f56d65ff44d39cd48792c35c320e236645cac03832056f941e9d3f15cfa4 and target address of VoehMYgeLy8UAAj5TQh17fv5iRQNkSu2Ep. On the receiving wallet, there's nothing -- I've repeatedly clicked on the "Import Stealth Address Transactions" button and nothing is happening. So, what happened to the 5.304 VTC in this transaction? Seems like a bug in the Windows VTC wallet with receiving the Stealth Transaction, and frankly I can't see how this happens. Tested on MON, tested on VTC, released on MON, released on VTC... and my first real Stealth Transaction breaks!? WTF?

Does it matter that the wallet that I sent the coins to is empty and has never had any VTC (until it was supposed to receive some in this transaction)? Anyway, I just sent 25.xxx VTC to a regular VTC address at that same wallet, and it instantly appeared in the uncomfirmed transactions. Maybe that will help...I'll report back, but someone needs to figure out why this transaction has so far failed.

Edit: Images for reference:

This is the two transactions from my end -- details below.

This is the "missing" stealth transaction, which worked but I can't seem to retrieve it.

This is a regular transaction that I just sent and it worked immediately.

Edit #2: And there really needs to be some sort of feedback when you click on the "Import Stealth Address Transactions" and "Reset Private Keys Status" buttons. I can't shake the feeling that whatever it is they're supposed to do when I click on them isn't actually happening. A message like, "Processed 55 Stealth Transactions; 0 Matching Transactions" would be great, and for the reset button something like "Private Keys Status reset to block 114000" would at least let me know it did something. When you click and nothing appears to happen... well, maybe it's because nothing is happening.

Edit #3: And just for fun, I took some of the 25+ VTC I just sent to the other wallet and tried to send it back to my wallet via a Stealth Transaction. I've got screenshots of the process this time, so let's all hope this works. And if it doesn't, it will give me something to write about. Hahaha....

Final Edit: Reversing the process and sending a Stealth Transaction back to my wallet from the other wallet was successful. Unfortunately the 5.3 or so VTC in my original test transaction are still missing. I'm almost sure there's a bug somewhere with the wallet, as on the successful transaction clicking the "Import Stealth Address Transactions" button caused the wallet to basically use one full CPU core for a couple minutes while it apparently processed the block chain looking for matching transactions. That's a bit slow and tedious, and the first time you do it I suspect could be super painful -- especially in a year or so, unless there's a way for a wallet to know where to start processing transactions. Anyway, I wrote up the whole experience and provided some other information on my blog. Enjoy!
Hi,

Could you delete blockchain data in the receiving wallet, and try to sync blockchain again ?

You can follow the below method:
1. Go to C:\Users\[[username]]\AppData\Roaming\Vertcoin
2. Delete all data **EXCEPT** wallet.dat
3. Open Vertcoin wallet again.
4. Wait until the receiving wallet synced with Vetcoin network
5. Click "Import Stealth Address Transactions"
Please give me feed back weather you can retrieve 5.3xxx VTC back or not.

Thank
I'm telling you: something is not working right, at least on some PCs, with the new wallet and Stealth Transactions. I installed and synced up the block chain on this PC yesterday, just before trying the Stealth Transaction. When I click on the "Import Stealth Address Transactions", nothing at all is happening -- no delay, no indication of processing the block chain looking for Stealth Transactions, etc. If I click "Reset Private Keys Status" and then click on import, again...NOTHING. No delays or any indication that the wallet did what it's supposed to do.

On a different PC, clicking import the first time causes a massive delay in the wallet where it becomes unresponsive for over a minute. The second time you click it, there is no delay, but if I click reset and then click import again: massive delay and a "frozen" wallet. Something is clearly happening here, and the successful Stealth Transaction did show up on this client.

Despite all of the above, I did try grabbing a new block chain yet again. Actually, I copied my "good" block chain (from the system that successfully received the SX) over to the other system. The results were the same, so again the conclusion is that for some reason the Import button is "broken" on this other PC. That being the case, let me give a few details of the PCs.

The "non-working" PC is running Windows 7 64-bit, fully updated to the latest patches from Microsoft Update. It has 8GB RAM, i5-4670K CPU, 128GB SSD, and three R9-280X GPUs that are busily mining -- and the CPU is busy as well. And it's definitely stable (as stable as a miner PC gets), usually going weeks between crashes. UAC is turned off.

The "working" wallet in contrast is on a laptop with Windows 8.1 64-bit (fully updated), it has 16GB RAM, i7-4702HQ CPU, 512GB SSD, and a GT 750M GPU. The GPU and CPU are also busy mining, not that it should matter one way or another. When I start the latest Vertcoin-QT executable, I do get a SmartScreen warning about running an unknown app, but I can bypass that.

My best guess right now: maybe UAC has something to do with the issue? That or it's just a Windows 7 problem that somehow got missed during testing. Just for giggles, I'm going to copy that wallet.dat over to two other PCs (one Win8 and one Win7) and try importing to see what happens. Be back in a little while with the results....

zak9494

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

Can the sender also use a stealth address to pay the person receiving the funds through their stealth address?
Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:14:10 PM

Despite all of the above, I did try grabbing a new block chain yet again. Actually, I copied my "good" block chain (from the system that successfully received the SX) over to the other system. The results were the same, so again the conclusion is that for some reason the Import button is "broken" on this other PC. That being the case, let me give a few details of the PCs.

That's the reason is not working, you cannot copy the good blockchain files because Vertcoin Qt-wallet has to scan every transaction in each block. So, you need to delete the blockchain data, and open the Qt wallet, and then lets the program downloads the blockchain by itself.

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
coinmoneyfarm

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

yes i 100% support vertcoin
10$/vtc
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:07:01 PM

lets face it... multi pools will dry out, sooner or later. When people loose interest in those stupid shitcoins that are being mined by multi pools, we should see a new trend.

right we are going to see more of those dips and thats what we have to go through in the first year i guess.
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:11:51 PM

lets face it... multi pools will dry out, sooner or later. When people loose interest in those stupid shitcoins that are being mined by multi pools, we should see a new trend.

right we are going to see more of those dips and thats what we have to go through in the first year i guess.

well even at the current 0.4 ~ 0.5 usd value of vtc that is still pretty good for a coin 6 months old ...
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:16:26 PM

well even at the current 0.4 ~ 0.5 usd value of vtc that is still pretty good for a coin 6 months old ...
totally agreed!
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:23:35 PM

Only problem with that is that there are coins younger and more valuable.
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:36:54 PM

Only problem with that is that there are coins younger and more valuable.

they will dump at some point too Wink
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:54:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B5-ixoeHXU&feature=youtu.be
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 06:07:41 PM

Please People help
I will ask again for someone to make a an explanation of images on Vertcoin  Stealth Address, so a small child can understand

I see a lot of confused people who they do not know what it is this update - http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/29nzyj/am_i_understanding_sx_correctly_if_yes_a_possible/
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:10:30 PM

What's this? DRK price going down and VTC price going up.  Is this some dream I have awoken to after months of watching my VTC plummet in price.  This doesn't feel right...

Good job with the stealth address devs! This block chain truly is a decentralized monster now.
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 06:17:44 PM

That's the reason is not working, you cannot copy the good blockchain files because Vertcoin Qt-wallet has to scan every transaction in each block. So, you need to delete the blockchain data, and open the Qt wallet, and then lets the program downloads the blockchain by itself.
I don't get it. The first time (in preparing for this test), the block chain was downloaded from the Internet through the wallet (which only took a couple hours over a sluggish connection), and things didn't work. If I copy a known-good block chain from one PC to another, which files store the scanned transactions? Can't I just run vertcoin-qt.exe -rescan? And if not, what's the point of the -rescan parameter!?

But fine, I deleted the entire block chain so the only thing left in AppData/Roaming/Vertcoin is wallet.dat. I've restarted, and since this PC is on a faster connection I'm nearly done with the download. From here I will then create a backup of that folder, then copy it to two different PCs, and see if either one of those work with grabbing that Stealth Transaction....

And I'm done. I've got two PCs with the appropriate wallet.dat, one Win7 and one Win8. Now I hit import... and they both work. Seriously? WTF. Again, see the first statement: this was a clean (newly downloaded) block chain as of yesterday when I went to start the test. Or, I suppose I should clarify: Vertcoin was on the PC from a few months ago, and when I started it the entire block chain appeared to be downloaded from scratch (it started at block 0 and counted up to 114K+). If that didn't result in a clean block chain, I have no idea what the PC was doing.

For the record, I tried doing this same thing but with an existing block chain; in both cases (Win7 and Win8) the "Import" button didn't seem to do anything. Starting with the -rescan option caused the wallet to have a very long delay at startup with the message that it was rescanning (which was expected), but it didn't ever allow any of the systems to properly pick up the SX. I tried turning on UAC; no change in behavior. Ugh.

Best guess right now is that the original download of the block chain yesterday was somehow corrupted -- either there were some old files from an earlier version of Vertcoin or something else, so even with a supposed download things didn't work. The only way to truly fix the problem was to start fresh. Anyway, let me offer some other comments before I disappear from this thread for a while.

Why did the -rescan option not fix the problem right from the start? Isn't the whole purpose of -rescan intended to validate the current blockchain and scan for any transactions (Stealth or normal) related to the wallet? If it can't do that, then some other option needs to be put in place that will find and correct problems of this nature. The block chain that was copied over clearly worked for my second test, and a rescan should have been sufficient. Furthermore, if there was corruption in the initial block chain, it would have taken place more than three weeks back (block chain time) as I don't believe Vertcoin-qt had been running on the system for a month or more. Unfortunately all of the files related to the original issue have now been deleted, so I have no way to try to reproduce the error.

So first off, I'm still baffled that nothing was happening when I pressed "Import", and yet there was no feedback. These buttons need to have tool tips as well as some sort of feedback -- like the status bar could show a message saying "Importing SX [xxx] of [yyy]..." and show the progress of the import, and the reset button could display a note to the effect of "Import index reset to [qqq]."

Second, it seems that right now when you first scan for SX using the import button, it starts from block 0 and goes through the current block. This is a waste of time, of course, as no SX can exist prior to...block 114000? Whatever the first block is where SX and Stealth Addresses are supported. I'd suggest the Reset button also reset to the appropriate block and not block 0 -- unless of course you want to add a GUI interface for accomplishing the -rescan task. And if the import is actually only scanning from the past few weeks or whatever, this could be really painful on new wallets in six months where the initial scan might take 10 minutes or more. If they download from scratch, I suppose that's not a problem, but cryptocurrencies in general need to find a way to "fast sync" to the current block on a new wallet.

Anyway, I now have my 5.3+ VTC back, I'll update my blog, and good luck with Vertcoin. I'm surprised it hasn't done better, but the cryptocurrency world is a fickle mistress as I'm sure you're well aware. :-)

silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

So first off, I'm still baffled that nothing was happening when I pressed "Import", and yet there was no feedback. These buttons need to have tool tips as well as some sort of feedback -- like the status bar could show a message saying "Importing SX [xxx] of [yyy]..." and show the progress of the import, and the reset button could display a note to the effect of "Import index reset to [qqq]."

Anyway, I now have my 5.3+ VTC back, I'll update my blog, and good luck with Vertcoin. I'm surprised it hasn't done better, but the cryptocurrency world is a fickle mistress as I'm sure you're well aware. :-)

These buttons need to have tool tips as well as some sort of feedback -- like the status bar could show a message saying "Importing SX [xxx] of [yyy]..." and show the progress of the import, and the reset button could display a note to the effect of "Import index reset to

DEV - it would be much better if you do this - progress massages
ThePanCakeKid95

Activity: 418

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:31:22 PM

Hey guys I just posted a video about vertcoin to my channel go check it out Smiley
Video Link: http://youtu.be/5B5-ixoeHXU
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:39:52 PM

http://vertcoinmarket.com/campaigns/vertcoin-marketing-campaign/

9 days to go and 62% done, we can do it
djds

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:00:39 PM

What do you think? 1 GH scrypt-n miner?

https://www.ehsminer.com/product/ehs-asic-scrypt-miner-vi/
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: