Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:23:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Time to Sell Altcoins  (Read 5484 times)
mwaqar17 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:57:04 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YED

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:14:42 PM

The bes time of selling your altcoins is the end of every year . Always in this part of the year altcoin rich ther maximum .
CryptOliver

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:20:34 PM

You must calculate your capital on that coin first, for example now the price has given you profit 30 % from your capital, i think that is good time to sell your coins. If you want more profit, you may wait for few days again. But, remember that the price can be bubbled anytime, try to satisfy with less of profit and not to be greedy.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:37:10 PM

The best time is simply when you have made profit from your investment. For instance, if you bought from ico or you actually bought from exchange and price has increased, you can sell if you want. Sometimes too, price can drop. In this business, delay is dangerous  Grin
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:42:35 PM

That changes too much for me, I especially hold good coins so I don't easily make decision of selling them but if I see real problems with the execution of project or the team I would sell it at a good price.

Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:48:23 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 
Most traders mentality on where they do make some basis on where they do check out if the price had rise above the ICO price.I would say its reliable but not might give always profitability. Some cases where alts goes down below the ico price specially on a new altcoin in the market.Where if you are investors either on the main sale or pre-sale you cant do anything about it but to wait up for recovery. Wont you sell out on negative profits,right?
110910ktx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:09:44 PM

I think you should sell bitcoin at this time, you can see that the price of bitcoin today is very unpredictable fluctuations, the price of bitcoin so much has caused the price of altcoin is constantly reduced. Deep and unable to recover. Therefore, I think that at this time you should sell altcoin to prevent further damage, avoid heavy damage.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 
There isn't any specific time that can be called the best season to sell altcoins because market is volatile and doesn't have patterns on price changes unlike stocks but I think the best season to sell altcoins is near the end of the year because most of the time people tend to sell alts here for btc and then for fiat(because they need it). That being said, it is more highly likely for users to see a dump before the year ends, that's why I think it is best to sell altcoins before the last 10 days of December.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:33:55 PM

The best time to sell your altcoins is to to set a profit target within a particular period. When the target is reach, you sell. It it don't you ,sell too. If you can do such for five to ten trades and you win 6 out of ten, you can make profit . In other words you trade to sell.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

I think you already have mentioned that best strategy here. Sell them above ICO price and take the profits. I mean there no better way to put it. I also don't hold altcoins that long although I bought some and then sold them immediately after I calculated and if I see that I have make good profits out of it then I don't wait till it some pump groups pour cash on it. No need to be greedy as it might go against your exit plan to at least make 10% margin of profits.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ritikasimi

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

I choose some good altcoin & buy them at a down price then I set my sell bid in many ratio such as 20%,50%,2x..my ratio depends on the coin potential..I just cut my profit one by one
xali

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:54:38 PM

just sell your coins as soon as you see that the price has went up by more than one to two percent, that is what i usually do when i see a good profit in one of those coins that i bought before.

someone else had been posting on my account for over a year; Every post from January 10 2017 to June 18 2018 is NOT ME
Whoever this person was that got access to my account, felt the need to shill something called "bidium" in my signature
very surreal. is this normal? the internet is full of crooks... watch out
110910ktx

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:04:15 PM

You can see that the price of bitcoin today is showing signs of recovery, which has made the price of altcoin recover, according to my analysis, the price of altcoin is showing signs of strong recovery and this. It's time for you to leave. The market is fluctuating continuously and this is just a short-term adjustment, the price of bitcoin and altcoin will continue to fall deeply at any time.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:53:52 PM

I think you should not sell altcoin at this time, you can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are constantly fluctuating and recovering slightly. This has made altcoin a very strong recovery today, according to my analysis, the price of bitcoin will continue to increase and altcoin will also increase. So you should not sell altcoin at this point.
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 556

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:04:04 AM

Before investing in altcoin,you have to analysis it.When the price is low,you can buy that altcoin.You have to buy the potential altcion for the profit.The best time to sell that altcoin is ,when the price reaches maximum.In the year end,the price of both bitcoin and altcoin will reach maximum,you can choose that time.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:15:13 AM

Most people prefer to wait long term. Waiting for the long term is the safest. Sell at the end of the year during an all time high.

If you're looking for short term trades, then use fibonacci retracement tool. In combination with RSI. I sell my alt coins if there's some kind of bad news. Bad news almost always triggers a downward trend. Be sure to follow all the altcoin's Twitters and wait for notifications. For example, there was a ton of speculation on OCN's airdrop announcement and high hopes. They tweeted that there would be an airdrop, but not for TRX or GTC. So, the price dropped from 490 satoshi to 240 satoshi. I took advantage by selling at 340 satoshi. I just woke up or I would of sold earlier.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:35:06 AM

I do not hold atlcoins for long time.

Even though you're not holding any coins but selling at profit then you shouldn't worry about it. Because no one can tell you the future in advance so it is always good to book a profit whenever it is possible.

What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

I too have some coins which are holding for a long time because I think those projects still can grow big in future. Currently, I'm already in profit and books some profit and rest holding for the future. If they failed to implement as per the plan then we may lose the money but these are the risks we need to take if you want to make money from these investments.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:42:38 AM

Now the crypto market still tired for wait the next bullish trend and new ATH and the price just on consolidate, in this situation will be more profitable doing day trading by take profit 10% to 20%, always check the market capitalization and daily volume  is also really help to understanding price action of crypto. In this situation of crypto market is better avoid greedy to make profit.
Barrett Edwards

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:54:24 AM

Time will teach you a strategy.. You have to make some loose along the way to come up with a personalized winning strategy.

I bought debt coin for 6k. And in 6 months it became  600k. Today it is down and my 6k worth investment in  worth  60k. So best time to sell was when dent coin was at the top - 600k

Take  another example, let's say pundix. My  5k investment became  60k last week  & not it is worth  40k at the  time of writing this post! Best time to sell  pxs coin  would have been a week ago..

With experience you will be able to identify these opportunities related to timing of selling coins or flipping around
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:45:53 AM

just sell your coins as soon as you see that the price has went up by more than one to two percent, that is what i usually do when i see a good profit in one of those coins that i bought before.

Best time to sell your altcoins is when you make profit on your initial investment. Sell your altcoins based on your price goal, don't just depend on someone who told you to do so, make your own analysis. Some altcoins are good to hold in long term so better to decide well and don't ever regret your decision.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: