Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Time to Sell Altcoins  (Read 5489 times)
KobbyC

Activity: 361
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:29:50 PM

There is no best time to sell altcoins. But I think there is a best price to sell altcoins. When the price is satisfactory, you sell it. I always set a price for myself and when that particular coin reach that targeted price, I sell it if I need to. Most times prices are good at the end of the year.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:35:50 PM

There is no best time to sell altcoins. But I think there is a best price to sell altcoins. When the price is satisfactory, you sell it. I always set a price for myself and when that particular coin reach that targeted price, I sell it if I need to. Most times prices are good at the end of the year.

You are very much correct but this is not a good time for the altcoin or bitcoin sellers since the price of the coins seems cheaper in the market bro. Check their value in the coinmarketcap you can see the concern coin's growth for long time.
If you see the continous fall do not prefer those kind of coins mate. If you find the fluctuations good you can believe and invest on those kind of coins bro. Now we see right time to buy bitcoins.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:40:18 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit.
Which was and still is the correct thing to do to make a profit

I do not hold atlcoins for long time.
If you buy coins when they are valued at ICO value there is a chance of the value going 5x or 10x in the long term as compared with short term holding which is not so profitable

What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 
No strategy comes close to the buy low sell high, its simple and straightforward and anybody can you use, but be cautious, not all coins can archieve this, do your research of which coins you can invest in with this kind of potential
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:32:33 PM

I will sell when the coin reaches the profit target or loss area that I have set out before. For the coins I have researched and decided to keep in the long term, I usually pay little attention to it and only when it reaches the roadmap I have proposed to sell.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Harley29

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:56:49 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

the time we should sell coins are when the we see any new development and updates about the project. its sometimes involved with the new updates following with the news between one coins and another.
Yes for all coins it is time to hold specially for bitcoin users it is time to have patience and hold bitcoin for long time, I am sure bitcoin will rise very high for those who are thinking about selling at high price by holding long term, most of time selling should be done at high price and green market so market is now a day not green properly so hold with patience and don’t think about selling right now, just wait and hold.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:29:01 PM

The best to sell altcoins is every end-year. And then good news about the altcoins will be listing to the best exchange market, hardfork or others.
Because every altcoins to become 2x or higher.
Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:18:54 AM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ??  

usually the ideal time for the alts to be sold is 6 to 12 months because for the first quarter the price is really at the lowest point that is why most of the people said that it is better if you will hold your alt for a long period of time.
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:52:41 AM

Not satisfying. before trading we must be able to determine the profit we have to get. because this will later have an effect on us selling our altcoin. we may be carried away lust if before trading there is no benchmark how much we should get
Jokerrrrrr

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:12:05 AM

Sell whenever team announced big news like partenership,  mainnet, airdrop or hardfork, coinburn, new famous advisor, acceptance of coin, exchange listings
Mostly after these announcement price goes up
You can book your profit or you can take exit after these big news
nipunchathu123

Activity: 322

https://exip.live/

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:02:23 AM

In my point of view, I think the specific best time to sell altcoins is relative to person to person. It must be an own decision of the trader. If the profit is satisfied with our profit target it should be the best time to sell.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:18:24 AM

I think if you already gain profit 30% from your capital is enough to sell your altcoin . A couple days ago i buy altcoin and then 2 days later price going up and i got 40% from my capital so i sell my altcoin and then buy another coin. I try to use day trade strategy
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:35:01 AM

it all depends on the market conditions because if the market is ok and everything in its order than alts usually go more than btc and other big coins, but otherwise they get dumped heavily.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:07:18 AM

I think, that good way to sell altcoins is when it multiplies his price many times over in s hort time. Usually, these project are new. But new projects usually are scum, so you need to find really good. I can help with it. I know one and its name is TraceTo. This is a decentralized KYC network, which uses AI and SmartContract to verify. I suppose, that it`s good for investa and I have some reasons to think so. First reason - software like this is in demand. Second reason - good crew with many years of experience. I believe, that you can get profits from this
Most of the altcoins which are there in this world are only good for short term investment of money or day trading and that holding them for longer time will not be a very good idea. All you can do is that you can hold them for some time and then you wait for the time when the market value of that altcoins goes this much higher that can help you in having some good profit. Sell right then without thinking for a while.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 10:40:25 AM

I have very simple strategy about everything. If you see the altcoins with best project insights and they are going to spike in the future then surely it is perfect investment for the long terms. If you think that it just short term hyping project then why to bother holding the whole thing anyway. Just let it go, try to search even better project and then buy those alts with that money. Always keep the investment liquid, that is moving from one project to another project. This way it can keep reviving your profits.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 10:47:41 AM

Depends on the quality of its project anyway. If you are not sure about it but eventually it makes over ICO price then you are good to sell it as long as profitable. If you do this, simply you are speculator and nothing wrong about that. Personally I would hold my coins for a long term after considering its team has worked hard enough to fulfill their roadmap.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

well I've experienced it when buying altcoin tomorrow the price went up but I did not sell it, then the coin was down for quite a long time.
so my advice when it is getting better just sell it, then you can make corrections when to buy, unless you are investing for the long term.
if only to trade daily better sell it when it's profitable.
logicgate

Merit: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:31:32 PM

The best time to sell altcoin is actually the time when its monetary value in the market is more than its initial value in the market. By initial value I mean the money that you had actually paid for buying altcoin. If you are a long term trader, you are better off holding your portfolio for long because selling your altcoin after long time renders you avail good financial status.
ASHLIUSZ

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:46:25 PM

I think if you already gain profit 30% from your capital is enough to sell your altcoin . A couple days ago i buy altcoin and then 2 days later price going up and i got 40% from my capital so i sell my altcoin and then buy another coin. I try to use day trade strategy
That's right, have a target. Hers he has kept a 30% growth of the initial investment. When that has been achieved moving forward trading the altcoins is a good pick. In this regard each altcoin has got its own growth period and it's good to go with the right time selling different altcoins rather than selling without any analysis.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:25:30 PM

it all depends on the market conditions because if the market is ok and everything in its order than alts usually go more than btc and other big coins, but otherwise they get dumped heavily.
Yes keep your eyes on the market as if you find bitcoin market well them I am sure you will get high profit, but before selling think many times and ask your self is that good time to sell or now, most of time we sell at green market but actually right now market is not green but gradually it is turning green so hold your bitcoin and don’t be in hurry to sell it, best time to sell will be at the end of 2018.
Vness10

Activity: 372

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:52:56 PM

Most of altcoin is for long term so it depends to holders if they want sell or not if the goal price is not achieve in the first list it depends on you if you sell it in a low price or wait highest price so you can get profit.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: