Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058429 times)
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 09:40:15 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 10:23:35 AM by 24hralttrade

Have you guys heard of this?

https://www.goabra.com

Only available in countries beginning with A apparently.  https://www.goabra.com/home.html#get_abra

It's an interesting model, I guess. Tailored to the 'transitional market' and tied to the dollar.

Not doing anything better than DGB community could if we wanted with DigiByte.

They won the LAUNCH Festival 2015 and are getting lots of favorable press. (More info on the LAUNCH Festival can be found here - previous winners include DropBox and Stack Overflow.)

LAUNCH FESTIVAL 2015 Best overall WINNER

Could Abra be Bitcoin’s “Killer App”?

Former Netscape Director Launches Bitcoin Remittance App Abra

Abra Wins Launch Festival 2015 with Mycellium Local Trader Bitcoin Knockoff

You've got the youtube video on the presentation on this page.

Looks like they are leveraging their work-out-of-the-garage image as well.  https://www.goabra.com/about.html

They are definitely doing what we are doing and it would be very wise of us to study what they are doing very closely and go over it with a fine-tooth comb. Nobody ever said there would be just one winner in this space - look at MasterCard and Visa, for example - but three might be a crowd - look at American Express. We should learn what we can from them and not be afraid to adopt ideas that convince us and work.

I never try to reinvent the wheel and always accept other people's good ideas (even when I wish I had, and sometimes wonder how I didn't, think of them myself).

It really is intresting what they do and i will follow this closely but it´s all about trusting the "buyer" & "seller" in my eyes.
In some countries you cannot even trust the exchanges over there. Lips sealed

Just a example,
Deposit & withdraw
A: real money,How can i be shure i dont get fake money from a unknown person.   Need to check every bill with a UV light or something.
(Also the other way around, If i want to deposit 200$ and do this by a teller. He needs to be shure i dont give him fake money.)
b:Not gonna rob me,He can get me to a place where everything is a setup and me as a tourist dont know anything about that place.
(Offcourse this is also the other way around..I can rob that guy because i know he haves some cash money.)

For me,, Money and a unknown person. Just so hard to trust.

Yeah, I don't know, but my first, very superficial, read brings me to a similar conclusion: it's something like eBay, using a reputation system, but what's to keep someone from building up a good reputation and then making off with a good stash one fine day?

Nevertheless, they are getting rave reviews, and that's usually not for nothing. I think we've got to look at this closely. There might be something there we can use.

Exactly, A fake reputation with fake ID is easy to make. Form a group with 20 people and you control that area. Give eachother a good reputation and you are ready to go.
The idea really is great but the trust level in this needs to be so high. With no central bank or something similar its just to easy to rip off a good trusting tourist.
(No saying it's not happening now Tongue)

ADDED
But if you can get stores accepting this thats something diffrent.
Let's say, I accept this in my store.  
Offcourse i already have something to check fake money and the trust level in a store on both sides are already some steps higher then some random guy on the street.I dont want to rip people off in my store for a few bucks and get a bad reputation.

So what about this,
A person comes to my store, He can withdraw money for Digibytes,He already is in my store so the possibility that he buys something is also very high.  +/+ situation for both.
I create a litepaid invoice link with the ammount he wants to get in cash.(If i want euro's for the Digibytes,Or else just use Digiticker.info and calculate how much Digibytes he needs to pay for the ammount cash he wants) Did the customer buy something i will not count any fees.

Litepaid deposits my money on my bank account and the customer gets his cash money right after the payment is done in my store.
I dont have to pay fee to deposit my cash on the bank  (6 euro for each deposit  Lips sealed Undecided ) and the customer walks away with a trusted feeling not being ripped off.

Did we just create a exchange office for Digibyte? Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:53:20 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 10:13:40 AM by esotericizm

Is anyone using the Linux wallet, specifically on Ubuntu? It takes forever to sync for the first time? There is no bootstrap.dat file for Linux? There are still shared library issues, and it can only be run from the command line prompt?

Your help and feedback will be much appreciated.

BTW, someone, thank you for "scanning and tipping". Great fun, isn't it?

HR,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have experienced some issues with syncing ourselves. We are looking in to setting up a bootsrap.dat as well as some other ways to "prune" the chain.

If anyone has any good resources or information on potential "pruning" options they have come across we would love to hear them.

The bootstrap.dat torrent I posted earlier in the thread will work on any Operating system, be it Windows, Linux or OSX.

If you build the linux wallet from source it should operate exactly how you expect it too. I have both digibyted and digibyte-QT working perfectly on a Virtual  Machine.

Jared you may want to take a look at Bitcoin core 0.10 and their 'headers first' implementation. It will give a similar result to Digibit in that you only need to download a percentage of the chain in order to be up and running.

Edit - I'm stuck on 3g until my ISP can fix my phone line so I cant upload another bootstrap.dat but you can easily create one on windows with the following commands

Open command prompt and CD to the digibyte app directory

Code:
CD C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Digibyte\blocks

Code:
COPY /b blk*.dat bootstrap.dat

this will concatenate(link) all the blk000*.dat files into a single bootstrap.dat file. You can then simply place the bootstrap.dat file into your Digibyte appdata directory and the Digibyte wallet should pick it up on first sync. As above this bootstrap.dat file will work on any operating system no matter which OS generated it. One thing to note is that if using bootstrap.dat I'm fairly certain the block folder needs to be empty (as in no existing blk0000.dat files).

As a temporary measure Jared could even bundle bootstrap.dat into the Digibyte Installer and then offer that up for Download as a "Full Install" of Digibyte Wallet but it would depend on hosting requirements.
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:54:56 AM

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:11:08 AM

Is anyone using the Linux wallet, specifically on Ubuntu? It takes forever to sync for the first time? There is no bootstrap.dat file for Linux? There are still shared library issues, and it can only be run from the command line prompt?

HR,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have experienced some issues with syncing ourselves. We are looking in to setting up a bootsrap.dat as well as some other ways to "prune" the chain.

If anyone has any good resources or information on potential "pruning" options they have come across we would love to hear them.

The bootstrap.dat torrent I posted earlier in the thread will work on any Operating system, be it Windows, Linux or OSX.

If you build the linux wallet from source it should operate exactly how you expect it too. I have both digibyted and digibyte-QT working perfectly on a Virtual  Machine.

Jared you may want to take a look at Bitcoin core 0.10 and their 'headers first' implementation. It will give a similar result to Digibit in that you only need to download a percentage of the chain in order to be up and running.

Edit - I'm stuck on 3g until my ISP can fix my phone line so I cant upload another bootstrap.dat but you can easily create one on windows with the following commands

Code:

Code:

this will concatenate(link) all the blk000*.dat files into a single bootstrap.dat file. You can then simply place the bootstrap.dat file into your Digibyte appdata directory and the Digibyte wallet should pick it up on first sync. As above this bootstrap.dat file will work on any operating system no matter which OS generated it.

Digibyte Bootstrap DL link.
http://kickass.to/digibyte-bootstrap-dat-blocks-2015-02-04-blocks-0-555000-t10171940.html

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
esotericizm

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:15:06 AM

HR,

Code:

Code:

this will concatenate(link) all the blk000*.dat files into a single bootstrap.dat file. You can then simply place the bootstrap.dat file into your Digibyte appdata directory and the Digibyte wallet should pick it up on first sync. As above this bootstrap.dat file will work on any operating system no matter which OS generated it.

http://kickass.to/digibyte-bootstrap-dat-blocks-2015-02-04-blocks-0-555000-t10171940.html

Bit old now and is showing as 0 Seeds (there may still be DHT peers). It maybe a better option to host them on a cloud hosting service like mega.co.nz in future. But yeah this is one I created a couple of months ago.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:18:00 AM

Lol yeah,, i deleted my utorrent after they included the bitcoin miner.

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:18:39 AM

HR,

Code:

Code:

The original link posted in this thread does not work.

The link you posted above leads to an .EXE file that is flagged as being a hacking tool.

The same happens when you download from the kickass link on this page: http://torrent6.com/3a1d3dd3e2c99ed6453f61d40dad5e0fd903ec00

@esotericizm, most end users don't build - they want something to install, can you put that together? Or maybe something more user friendly with detailed instructions for Linux? Also, you say your installs work correctly. Is it correct to say that the initial sync takes around 2 1/2 hours?

Thanks for addressing these issues and questions.

esotericizm

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:33:12 AM

HR,

Code:

Code:

The link you posted above leads to an .EXE file that is flagged as being a hacking tool.

The same happens when you download from the kickass link on this page: http://torrent6.com/3a1d3dd3e2c99ed6453f61d40dad5e0fd903ec00

@esotericizm, most end users don't build - they want something to install, can you put that together? Or maybe something more user friendly with detailed instructions for Linux? Also, you say your installs work correctly. Is it correct to say that the initial sync takes around 2 1/2 hours?

the above link should not lead to an EXE at all. My guess is you are clicking the wrong download button.

I will look into becoming a maintainer for Digibyte on Ubuntu. I've never done it before but if I can get it going it will be as easy as 'sudo apt-get install Digibyte' for ubuntu/debian users. But in the short term I'll put together some detailed install instructions or a script that will automate the entire process.

But yeah the initial sync will take a couple of hours at least. The only way around that at the moment is bootstrap.dat or use one of the other wallets. It's a problem Bitcoin core only just managed to "solve" a month ago.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:33:38 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 11:45:11 AM by HR

HR,

Code:

Code:

the above link should not lead to an EXE at all. My guess is you are clicking the wrong download button.

I will look into becoming a maintainer for Digibyte on Ubuntu. I've never done it before but if I can get it going it will be as easy as 'sudo apt-get install Digibyte' for ubuntu/debian users. But in the short term I'll put together some detailed install instructions or a script that will automate the entire process.

But yeah the initial sync will take a couple of hours at least. The only way around that at the moment is bootstrap.dat or use one of the other wallets. It's a problem Bitcoin core only just managed to "solve" a month ago.

The large link leads to an .EXE as does the kickass link on the webpage I posted in my reply. I see that the small download button indeed leads to a torrent that downloads the .dat file.

Also, thanks for your answers - they have been most helpful - and good luck with your idea about becoming a Ubuntu maintainer. That would be fantastic!

BTW, the .EXE at the end of those other links was this: https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/b7c26bbe67595fca7eb14c5f01df42bd0b6f75f266cda3e592b4fb671e49f33c/analysis/1427800699/ (Panda shows it as clean on this report, but it was Panda that flagged it on my laptop!)

Here's a full screenshot of that download page. Easy to confuse, wouldn't you say? Doesn't say much for kickass.to. I think you're right about recommending mega.co.nz (that one's even questionable though), but if you become an Ubuntu maintainer, all these other issues will be moot.

TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:44:03 AM

DGB excellent....i would like to use DGB.... Smiley Smiley

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:51:04 AM

HR, This is normal on the kickass website, Why they do this i dont know but yeah this really is a danger for everyone that uses kickass for the first time.
Always use the download torrent link  Smiley

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:10:49 PM

HR, This is normal on the kickass website, Why they do this i dont know but yeah this really is a danger for everyone that uses kickass for the first time.
Always use the download torrent link  Smiley

And it's normal for child molestors to molest children.

Remember, you vote in the marketplace with your money and/or participation. When you do business with someone, you are supporting that entity.

Does DigiByte want to be associated with these types of people?

They're using fraud to try and get trojans on people's machines for god's sake.

Normal for them? Does that mean it's okay for you?

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:24:56 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 01:40:26 PM by 24hralttrade

Remember, you vote in the marketplace with your money and/or participation. When you do business with someone, you are supporting that entity.

Haha dont get to agressive on this one,I really understand your point of view!... esotericizm uploaded the file just to let people check it out and because there are not that much free to use upload website/torrents, really kickass is the best on that part.
I always use kickass for downloads.. Never had any problem just dont click the wrong link haha,,(easier sayd then done i know)

And i dont say it's okay for me,Not at all!  Only when there is nothing else to use......
Offcourse Digibyte dont want to be associated with these types of people.

esotericizm

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:31:07 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 02:43:13 PM by esotericizm

let me clarify some stuff here.

Piratebay was down when I originally uploaded the bootstrap.dat. If you run Adblock+ that big "Download" button will not show up on the website. A large majority of public trackers (eg Piratebay, Kickass, Torrentz.eu) use the same deceptive practices, its how they make money. Kickass is easily one of the more well known trackers but that doesnt mean they wont screw their users over with malware and spyware. I can't think of a single public torrent tracker that doesnt use the same type of practice. I personally only ever use private trackers such as TorrentDay and IPTorrents but users either need to pay or be invited by a paying member in order to join these sites which means its not really a great way in order to get bootstrap.dat out to the public.

For example and to backup what I've said above here is a screenshot of my Kickass.to torrent page where you will notice that the shady links dont even appear on my browser.

tl;dr Run adblock plus! Kickass and other public trackers are simply a method of content delivery. None of the cloud sharing services are particularly great (as you pointed out with mega).

In the future I will post the direct link to the torrent so there's no need to mess around with the public tracker. The direct link for the above torrent is digibyte.bootstrap.dat.blocks.2015.02.04.blocks.0.555000]http://torcache.net/torrent/3A1D3DD3E2C99ED6453F61D40DAD5E0FD903EC00.torrent?title=[kickass.to]digibyte.bootstrap.dat.blocks.2015.02.04.blocks.0.555000

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:48:36 PM

The direct link is a good idea, and I do understand everybody else's needs.

However, does DigiByte really need third party download sites (not to mention third party download sites linked to pirated software)? Think of the negative PR that comes from that! (Both conscious and subconscious.)

Don't we have www.digibyte.co and github that, between the two, can take care of all of our needs?

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 02:54:51 PM

However, does DigiByte really need third party download sites (not to mention third party download sites linked to pirated software)? Think of the negative PR that comes from that! (Both conscious and subconscious.)

Don't we have www.digibyte.co and github that, between the two, can take care of all of our needs?

I really do like the idea about a Digibyte download site where you can download everything you need,  Pictures,logo's,wallets,miners,bootstrap,video's and everything related to Digibyte.

esotericizm

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:59:37 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 03:15:44 PM by esotericizm

I agree with you here and its why I suggested that Jared add a "Full Install" for the digibyte wallet. But you need to understand that bandwidth costs money and the current bootstrap.dat is 800MB. Often times when you buy a website hosting plan it comes with a limited amount of bandwidth and if you are hosting large files that people are downloading regularly you can quite often run over that limit. Whereas putting bootstrap.dat on a public tracker costs us nothing at all and it will be available for a long time to come!

It's also worth noting that the official Bitcoin website doesnt host its own copy of the blockchain (or bootstrap.dat) for the above reasons.

I and the Digibyte Team are in no way related to Kickass.to or any other torrent tracker and I was simply using it as a means to an end.  The main thing to take away from this is that we are aware that the initial sync time can easily become a problem and are actively working towards solving that problem!

24hralttrade - This was the initial idea behind DigibyteWiki.com and I'd love to see you guys help me out with articles and downloads if you PM me your idea's I'm sure we can make it happen!
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:26:19 PM

We need DGB NFC payments.
makishart
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:24:15 PM

We need DGB NFC payments.

I have told that before Smiley

As for the torrent thing it is very much preferable because is for free as esotericizm said, also peer to peer and sharing is what we do here and it's not easy to get hacked.

On the other hand blockchain is a very sensitive content so it has to be from a totally trusted source. It is not easy for amateur on normal users (sometimes even advanced users) to be safe and not been cheated when they downloading stuff. Of course this is their own problem but here we have to do with valuable stuff. Maybe a direct link from the op forum and the site could help to avoid some trouble..

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Dennahz

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:47:05 PM

Always use the download torrent link  Smiley

Just watch where you click, basically. But most users don't read and just click and open... (I'm a sysadmin, so I deal with people all day  Wink ). It's deceptive, yep.

A direct link would be better.
Pages: « 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: