Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:20:20 PM

FIRST WALLET UPDATE TONIGHT
Raised 2BTC for devs?

0.6 btc raised so far
BTC add for those who wish to donate?

the adres for donations to the new devs is : 1H8rUGC3KMv7XnkJddD7XJRJQMDqmex7He

I pledged to send 0.1BTC to the appeal but have only returned to my home today. I know the original sum has been raised but a promise is a promise and I would still like to donate. Can I send to address above or would another address be of more use?

KC
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:22:04 PM

anyone got the new settings for the R9 280... or let me know where it has been posted.

CONFIG GENERATOR
Raw version: http://www.ultracoin.net/configgen_raw.html

bullus

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

Greetings miners

We are giving the wallet a major overhaul in 3 phases, Phase 1 has just been completed.

We are writing you to inform you that we are going to decrease the blockreward from 50 to 15,the reason for this is that the price or Ultracoin simply can not rise with this model.

In the current model there are 144000 UTC minted per day as opposed to a 25000 in Litecoin for example. In the current model where the block reward is 50, there wil be 52560000 UTC minted in year 1 alone, which is over 50%.

If we continue on this path all UTC will be mined within just a few years, we can not allow this to happen.

We hope you (the miners) will understand that this is in the best interest of the coin, and we hope you will remove your sell orders so that the price can rise to a healthy equilibrium.

The price is way to low at the moment (also becasue the daily supply is flushing yout the demand).

The current model is not healthy and unsustainable.so please think about the future of ultracoin and stop selling UTC so cheap.As long as there are low ball sell orders , people will buy low, and the price will not rise.Nobody will pay 2 dollar for hamburger if they can buy it for 5 cent.

We hope you wont quit mining Ultracoin since the miners are the backbone of the operation.

Thank you from Michael, UTC founder & Team UTC

Below another preview on the awesome upcoming arbitrage tool made be one of the heroes of UTC, Dcgirl!

Did u also calculated the many orphans the pools have?
Blockrewards to 15, orphans..it looks like it will be the same as now who don't mine at nitro. Only miners at nitro will decrease the coins/day.

When will the blockreward be change? Same time the orphans will be solved?

btc 16LWhms487bzCxQWq5oeW8SMDPmU2rvQjf
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

FIRST WALLET UPDATE TONIGHT
Raised 2BTC for devs?

0.6 btc raised so far
BTC add for those who wish to donate?

the adres for donations to the new devs is : 1H8rUGC3KMv7XnkJddD7XJRJQMDqmex7He

I pledged to send 0.1BTC to the appeal but have only returned to my home today. I know the original sum has been raised but a promise is a promise and I would still like to donate. Can I send to address above or would another address be of more use?

KC

that is the permanent donation adress, for clarity and tracking purposes

UltraMegaMan

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:46:21 PM

I am at the point I am getting deeper and deeper into debt from mining at a loss
Do not mine at a loss, just buy the Ultracoins, you increase demand and thus price.
dwolfx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:53:07 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 10:08:36 PM by dwolfx

I mine this coin, and I support lowering the block reward although I think there are other solutions!

The net effect of lowering the block reward will be that people will be mining a coin that is more stable in value but less profitable to dump, thats all.

I have mined over 60,000 UTC, i have sold all but 10,000 coins.

The reason I had to sell those coins was not because of the price falling it was because of the following concerns:

1) Inflation rate is out of control(not because it is high, but because it WILL BE HIGH for a VERY LONG TIME)
2) The coin is very centralized on only one pool, there pretty much is only one pool to mine Ultra-Coin on, because if you mine anywhere else other than Nitro, you will have 30~40% less coins than if you mined on nitro, due to stales, rej, orphans , etc... etc.... while on Nitro simply because of their size you are pretty much a subsidized miner compared to other pools, (that goes to say that other pools are essentially suffering for you to mine more on Nitro).

Thats not a healthy model for a coin, I can't really be a long-term part of that, even though I been with this coin from the beginning.

3) This coin was markted as "ultra coin" yet there isn't really all that much about this coin that makes it "ultra anything" its pretty much just a normal coin, with a good algo that makes it hard to mine with ASICS.
----------

Things that would make me really say "wow ultra coin is ultra awesome"

-Find a way to cut costs for miners, make this coin run colder on GPUS, I don't think CPU mining is the answer.
A dedicated Ultra-Coin Miner not based completely on Cgminer is needed, the miner should just attempt to self-tune and mine on graphics hardware, breaking even while mining on cpu/gpu is not going to end-well, the net hash will drop HARD.
If you could lower electrical consumption that would be awesome.
Honestly, If you could make a more Asic resistant version of X-11 or something similar, and cut electrical consumption to simply make GPUS COMPETITIVE with ASICS that would be better.

-The wallet sucks and is boring MegaCoins wallet is interesting, also UltraCoin wallet TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD (not sure if a new version addresses this).

-Maybe instead of lowering the block reward , just increase it , so we can mine out the coin and put it into TxFee Mining only mode.
This way everything is already in circulation, think of increasing it as a community AIRDROP of coins to miners.
Miners would love this cause they would get coins and save electricity (since they wont have to mine for years to get the same coins).
Buyers and Bagholders would love this because the coin would finally just crash and hit its low and start to rebound in real value.

THE KEY TO SUCCESS IS VOLUME, NOT HIGH PRICES.

What I would focus on as dev:
-Improve Wallet (not just skins) but make it more appealing and easy to use and more robust, all the coins are essentially on generation 1 wallet software and lets be honest, the wallet is a steaming pile of Doge Doo
-Write some dedicated adaptive mining software, even if its still based on Cgminer
-Focus on keeping it a community coin, best way to do that is to appeal to people with GPU hardware since the majority of people mining  . . . mine with GPUS, what will happen when ultra coin becomes a CPU only coin? the community will dissolve thats what.
-Fix the nethash being 99% Nitro, its ridiculous and makes the coin look like a joke.
-Fork the coin to a more GPU efficient algo, like X11, Scrypt Jane is getting OLD, make some hybrid X11 thing or something or Dual Algos X11/Jane give people a choice.
-Make the coin mine-able with some other coin, like vert or something this way people can mine Ultra and still stay profitable.
-Maybe don't lower the block reward, INCREASE IT so the coin finally crashes gets mined out and goes into POS mode and mining for TxFees, make it mine out in a month , it would be like an air-drop to the community (pretty much consists of miners and a few bag-holders at this point).
There really isnt a reason to draw out such a high rate of inflation for YEARS, just put coins in circulation the free market will adapt and the coins price will rise once it is fully distributed.

I know that sounds un-fair to people who bought in on IPO'S etc, but do you really REALLY think they care if their 50,000 coins go from 3 cents to 1 cents? at this point?
In-fact airdropping the coin to miners, would probably endup BOOSTING the price as volume and volatility will soar!

Just my 2 cents.

I vote

CUT THE CAP IN HALF
INCREASE THE BLOCK REWARD TO WHERE WE WOULD ENTER TXMINING Mode in a month
Fork to more energy efficient algo / dual algos
Lower time required to gain interest on coins to 0.05% a month thats like a little over 1% a year.

Why not put up a POLL with a few OPTIONS?Huh let the community vote on the direction of the coin!!!!

Leetpools!
Becel

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:08:36 PM

I mine this coin, and I support lowering the block reward although I think there are other solutions!

The net effect of lowering the block reward will be that people will be mining a coin that is more stable in value but less profitable to dump, thats all.

The reason I had to sell those coins was not because of the price falling it was because of the following concerns:

1) Inflation rate is out of control(not because it is high, but because it WILL BE HIGH for a VERY LONG TIME)
2) The coin is very centralized on only one pool, there pretty much is only one pool to mine Ultra-Coin on, because if you mine anywhere else other than Nitro, you will have 30~40% less coins than if you mined on nitro, due to stales, rej, orphans , etc... etc.... while on Nitro simply because of their size you are pretty much a subsidized miner compared to other pools, (that goes to say that other pools are essentially suffering for you to mine more on Nitro).

Thats not a healthy model for a coin, I can't really be a long-term part of that, even though I been with this coin from the beginning.

3) This coin was markted as "ultra coin" yet there isn't really all that much about this coin that makes it "ultra anything" its pretty much just a normal coin, with a good algo that makes it hard to mine with ASICS.
----------

-Find a way to cut costs for miners, make this coin run colder on GPUS, I don't think CPU mining is the answer.
A dedicated Ultra-Coin Miner not based completely on Cgminer is needed, the miner should just attempt to self-tune and mine on graphics hardware, breaking even while mining on cpu/gpu is not going to end-well, the net hash will drop HARD.
Honestly, If you could make a more Asic resistant version of X-11 or something similar, and cut electrical consumption to simply make GPUS COMPETITIVE with ASICS that would be better.

-The wallet sucks and is boring MegaCoins wallet is interesting, also UltraCoin wallet TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD (not sure if a new version addresses this).

-Maybe instead of lowering the block reward , just increase it , so we can mine out the coin and put it into TxFee Mining only mode.
This way everything is already in circulation, think of increasing it as a community AIRDROP of coins to miners.
Miners would love this cause they would get coins and save electricity (since they wont have to mine for years to get the same coins).
Buyers and Bagholders would love this because the coin would finally just crash and hit its low and start to rebound in real value.

-Improve Wallet (not just skins) but make it more appealing and easy to use and more robust, all the coins are essentially on generation 1 wallet software and lets be honest, the wallet is a steaming pile of Doge Doo
-Write some dedicated adaptive mining software, even if its still based on Cgminer
-Focus on keeping it a community coin, best way to do that is to appeal to people with GPU hardware since the majority of people mining  . . . mine with GPUS, what will happen when ultra coin becomes a CPU only coin? the community will dissolve thats what.
-Fix the nethash being 99% Nitro, its ridiculous and makes the coin look like a joke.
-Fork the coin to a more GPU efficient algo, like X11, Scrypt Jane is getting OLD, make some hybrid X11 thing or something or Dual Algos X11/Jane give people a choice.
-Make the coin mine-able with some other coin, like vert or something this way people can mine Ultra and still stay profitable.
-Maybe don't lower the block reward, INCREASE IT so the coin finally crashes gets mined out and goes into POS mode and mining for TxFees, make it mine out in a month , it would be like an air-drop to the community (pretty much consists of miners and a few bag-holders at this point).
There really isnt a reason to draw out such a high rate of inflation for YEARS, just put coins in circulation the free market will adapt and the coins price will rise once it is fully distributed.

I know that sounds un-fair to people who bought in on IPO'S etc, but do you really REALLY think they care if their 50,000 coins go from 3 cents to 1 cents? at this point?
In-fact airdropping the coin to miners, would probably endup BOOSTING the price as volume and volatility will soar!

Just my 2 cents.

I vote

CUT THE CAP IN HALF
Lower time required to gain interest on coins to 0.05% a month thats like a little over 1% a year.

+1
I like your vision
dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:09:38 PM

----------

Just my 2 cents.

I vote

CUT THE CAP IN HALF

+1
I like your vision

We need a community Vote   Wink  lets make a POLL with some ideas !

Leetpools!
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:10:54 PM

----------

Just my 2 cents.

I vote

CUT THE CAP IN HALF

I'm out from UTC mining for a week now, also mined similar amount, also left only 10k just in case.
All you wrote is almost all what I was thinking so ...
+ 1
Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

I like the sound of X11 actually  Lips sealed

UTC UTC UTC
flytosky

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:28:12 PM

I like the sound of X11 actually  Lips sealed
Bananacoin  Shocked x11 ngw
TR8888

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:30:50 PM

Nitro pool issue could of and should of been sorted months ago.
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 10:51:47 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 11:05:36 PM by bumface

everything is gonna be fine  Grin

@ dwolfx you are talking about alot of things that are already planned in the wallet updates, and have been outlined pages back.and to be honest i think alot of your suggestions are acts of dispair.

Team UTC does not look at the price to determine the value of the coin, we know what we are developing and we know how big it will be.

Nalacha

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:19:28 PM

everything is gonna be fine  Grin

@ dwolfx you are talking about alot of things that are already planned in the wallet updates, and have been outlined pages back.and to be honest i think alot of your suggestions are acts of dispair.

Team UTC does not look at the price to determine the value of the coin, we know what we are developing and we know how big it will be.

how big will it be Wink
Nalacha

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:54:09 PM

anyone got the new settings for the R9 280... or let me know where it has been posted.

CONFIG GENERATOR

sorry i do not understand the math on all this.
Chris180Z

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:56:14 AM

Does anyone know what I have done wrong? This is my mining bat file:

Code:
setx GPUMAXALLOCPERCENT 100
setx GPUUSESYNCOBJECTS 1
ultracoinminer -o stratum+tcp://ultra.nitro.org:4337 -u Chris180.1 -p 12 --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256

Whatever mining pool I use, it never shows my worker as active when I run this and I can't seem to be able to mine any coins. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Thanks.
BerserkU

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:19:06 AM

Code:
setx GPUUSESYNCOBJECTS 1
ultracoinminer -o stratum+tcp://ultra.nitro.org:4337 -u Chris180.1 -p 12 --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256

Whatever mining pool I use, it never shows my worker as active when I run this and I can't seem to be able to mine any coins. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Does your worker password = 12
Wirly

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:39:42 AM

CONFIG GENERATOR
>>> Did you make this ThirtyBird? Want to give credit where its due. Smiley

Yes, I did write that
That's a great tool. Many needed that. Although it was more rewarding figuring it out  Cool

Now I using yacminer, just a few questions if someone could answer please.

What does FB:x mean in the miner console top right corner?
What does T:1 mean?   Is it Cpu threads??
I take it Diff does not read correctly? Current Diff:85.1k?

I still don't know what ST:x , SS:x , NB: xx mean
Also pool says "pool" diff 32 NF 12 - What does NF mean??

OK, that's it, thanks.

Take a look in the readme that's included, then if something has been left out or is unclear, please PM me so I know where the documentation needs to be improved.  Thank you.

Though you will not find an answer to the diff question - it's the same one asked often.  Scrypt share difficulty is 65,536 times what the reported difficulty is, so if it shows 85.1K, the diff of the coin is around 1.3.  Displaying it like that is confusing I guess, but it keeps the units of difficulty the same throughout the program and interface.

Ok, I missed a readme file, there are a few of them. All my questions answered in the one I missed, thanks.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:42:32 AM

CONFIG GENERATOR

sorry i do not understand the math on all this.

Here you go. =)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg6101155#msg6101155

Wirly

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:49:33 AM

Code:
setx GPUUSESYNCOBJECTS 1

I think you are missing the de-limiters in your setx arguments...I think. Should be
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECT 1 (this is only needed if your cpu is working to hard)

Edit: I think this is wrong, de-limiters proly not needed
Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: