Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:18:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:06:24 PM

no one knows why I can't mine?

One last question, what version of catalyst do you have installed?
Wirly

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:08:48 PM

Who has knowledge enough about the new Asic Miners who are coming soon ?

Which manufacturers are professional and reliable ?

Anybody has a good advice ??

proly a better question asked on a litecoin forum

I do not see why I can not ask it here mate....

This is a community and believe me, some serious UTC miners/believers in this community are going also into Asic miners soon...

Even Bumface is going into Asic miners and has ordered some of them....

So please let me ask my question again, I whis some professional miners will answer me Huh

Ok no need to shout, I merely said try the litecoin forum because asic for scrypt are already out and there are numerous threads documenting what is going on. Gridseeds seem to be the lowend asic but already running in large numbers, seems the heavy hitters out later this year.
fabietech

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:16:13 PM

http://bitcoinwoman.com/index.php/articles/176-summary-of-bitcoin-sweden-conference-2014-in-stockholm

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 11:21:15 PM

We could use another block explorer. bitgo is down for me like 50% of the time.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
cointradero

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:21:24 PM

proly a better question asked on a litecoin forum

I do not see why I can not ask it here mate....

This is a community and believe me, some serious UTC miners/believers in this community are going also into Asic miners soon...

Even Bumface is going into Asic miners and has ordered some of them....

So please let me ask my question again, I whis some professional miners will answer me Huh

Ok no need to shout, I merely said try the litecoin forum because asic for scrypt are already out and there are numerous threads documenting what is going on. Gridseeds seem to be the lowend asic but already running in large numbers, seems the heavy hitters out later this year.

The only ASIC manufacturer I would trust right now is KNC.  Alphatech has lowered their prices to be competitive per hashrate and I'm fairly sure they will deliver, but to what quality and what type of yields (enough to hit preorders?), I really don't know.  Those are the only ones open enough to be fairly sure they are coming soon.  Having said that, you've missed out this round.  There is nothing worth buying into in these gen 1s.  You're best bet is to buy into the gen 2's as soon as a pre-order is available from a reputable vendor (just look at reputable ASIC vendors for BTC if you want an idea of who is in the market).  If you order now, you'll get a shipment at the tailend of gen 1's and the profitability won't be that good.  

There won't be as many generations of scrypt ASIC as there were Bitcoin.  They will accelerate more rapidly to current silicon tech, aka transistor sizes will shrink into the sub 30 nm regime much faster this time around.  I'm not sure what transistor size the KNC is based on, but they do 28 nm BTC miners, so it's just a matter of time before they reach that with these as well.  
BerserkU

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:24:58 PM

Can we please do something about the mining pools!!!

Nitro controls all the hash rate and it really isn't worth anyone else even running their pool because their miners just get orphaned coins all the time.

This isn't the way to run a coin! its just silly

I'm currently mining on ultra.leet pool(Near the top) and i have been since day one. Their pool is stable and has DDOS protection.....Unlike nitro(From what I've read)

cointradero

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:31:54 PM

Nitro controls all the hash rate and it really isn't worth anyone else even running their pool because their miners just get orphaned coins all the time.

I'm currently mining on ultra.leet pool(Near the top) and i have been since day one. Their pool is stable and has DDOS protection.....Unlike nitro(From what I've read)

I gave up do to the reduced hashrate from my 4x rig due to RAM limitations.  I lost about 15% of my total hash from having to run lookup-gap 3, another 5% from rejects, and another 15% from orphans.  I was losing 35% off the top of my theoretical hashrate due to the combined issues. 

I just decided to mess around with random coins for a while and see if any of them pull an Auroracoin.  It's funny, the first coin I ever solo mined was Doge (yes, it was soloable at one point in time).  I earned 2 million the first night and dumped them to anyone that would buy them the next day since they were so easy to get.  Ahh hindsight. 
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 11:34:24 PM

@BumFace [regarding Stockholm]

What a wonderful update. I am beyond ecstatic at what you have been able to do in such a short period of time. Networking like that is perhaps our greatest asset.

I understand the Arbitration portion (part 1 more specifically) is already in development. DCGirl is doing an amazing job all around. She is truly an invaluable asset. On behalf of the entire UTC community, thank you again!

Regarding the in game economy, I know you and have discussed this, but I am glad to see you've taken it further and built out the idea in a more robust and intuitive way. I think this particular development could prove unfathomably worthy.

Anyways, time to get some simple web-dev put into place. Still working on that live chat, have some exchanges to update, and would like to enhance the UTC Team layout. Time to work. Smiley

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
BerserkU

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:37:23 PM

I gave up do to the reduced hashrate from my 4x rig due to RAM limitations.  I lost about 15% of my total hash from having to run lookup-gap 3, another 5% from rejects, and another 15% from orphans.  I was losing 35% off the top of my theoretical hashrate due to the combined issues. 

I just decided to mess around with random coins for a while and see if any of them pull an Auroracoin.  It's funny, the first coin I ever solo mined was Doge (yes, it was soloable at one point in time).  I earned 2 million the first night and dumped them to anyone that would buy them the next day since they were so easy to get.  Ahh hindsight. 

To be honest a lot of people are annoyed with this coin because of all these orphaned coins. why should two identical machines on different pools get a vastly different amount. Most miners read about the problems on here then switched to nitro and put their username as anonymous (Yes that is why there are so many in the top 15 pool list)

i bet 99% of the people that check this page are on nitro.......Sort it out
cointradero

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:40:03 PM

To be honest a lot of people are annoyed with this coin because of all these orphaned coins. why should two identical machines on different pools get a vastly different amount. Most miners read about the problems on here then switched to nitro and put their username as anonymous (Yes that is why there are so many in the top 15 pool list)

It's only Nitro 1 that doesn't have orphans and you haven't been able to sign up for Nitro 1 in a long time.  Nitro 2 isn't any better than any other people last time I checked. 
BerserkU

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:44:14 PM

It's only Nitro 1 that doesn't have orphans and you haven't been able to sign up for Nitro 1 in a long time.  Nitro 2 isn't any better than any other people last time I checked. 

That's because nitro 1 has more than 50% of the hashrate on the UTC network. nitro 2 is pointless unless they can bring down nitro 1
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:51:50 PM

I'd like to ask a probably stupid question, as a non-miner: for weeks we've been discussing the issue with Nitro1. Is there anything technically different about Nitro1 that makes it superior? If so, is there a reason its superiority hasn't been replicated elsewhere? And if not, and it's success is based on having a higher hash rate than any other pool, would it be feasible to just take it down entirely, and level the playing field? You could give miners plenty of warning and they could move elsewhere. As I said this is probably a dumb question, but I am really concerned that this issue has not been addressed adequately.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:56:41 PM

+1

it's just stupid at this point in time...evidently the pool owner wants to keep his fee income steady.
cointradero

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:57:23 PM

I'd like to ask a probably stupid question, as a non-miner: for weeks we've been discussing the issue with Nitro1. Is there anything technically different about Nitro1 that makes it superior? If so, is there a reason its superiority hasn't been replicated elsewhere? And if not, and it's success is based on having a higher hash rate than any other pool, would it be feasible to just take it down entirely, and level the playing field? You could give miners plenty of warning and they could move elsewhere. As I said this is probably a dumb question, but I am really concerned that this issue has not been addressed adequately.

It was discussed, and Stuhleman (sp) has said there is some mysterious problem when a pool gets over 270 Mhz total hashrate that has to be addressed, but I haven't been convinced with that explanation, as when the hashrate was higher due to the N-factor, this wasn't an issue then.  He created Nitro 2 and asked people to switch over to balance the hashrate better, but no one did as they don't want to be the sacrificial lamb suffering orphans for switching.  

He says it has nothing to do with his pool's ownership of the majority of the hashrate, but it does certainly seem to be the issue.  when it goes down, other pools don't suffer as many orphans.  
BerserkU

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:59:18 PM

I cant see anything that's better on nitro compared to the other pools (I don't even think they have DDOS protection - Unlike Leet)
If Nitro is ever taken down for maintenance 95% of the miners there have set they fail over to Leetpools. So Leet hash rate goes up from 14mh to over 400mh.

I'm not saying we should take down nitro but people just need to spread out. It like saying you are going to strike at work... then asking your work friends to do the same. People still want a job and want to get paid.
People on the nitro pool are getting little orphans and unless a lot of people move to other pools the problem wont be fixed. No one is going to move unless a lot of other people do because they don't want orphans from a low hash pool either.

BerserkU

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:07:03 AM

If you have read this and you are the person who just joined Ultra.Leet with the 10mh setup(And who is at the top of the pool list). GOOD MAN or WOMAN

Thanks
BerserkU

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:14:33 AM

Does anyone remember the website where it shows you a pie chart of the Pools and their percentage?

Thanks
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 12:22:50 AM

Yes, it can be found on the Ultracoin website's Services page. Here is the link: http://bitgo.pw/utc/

WEBSITE UPDATES:

EXCHANGES
-Added EuropeX
-Added CryptoKK

ABOUT
-Updated Team

TODO
-Webchat
-Updates references to Scrypt-Jane as Scrypt-Chacha
-Arbitrage Calculator

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
Wirly

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:34:17 AM

Does anyone remember the website where it shows you a pie chart of the Pools and their percentage?

Thanks
The link is on the Ultracoin website
albertocp

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:40:16 AM

no one knows why I can't mine?

post your current config settings and your rig details

My pc:
AMD FX 8320
G.Skill 2x4GB RAM DDR3 1866mhz
Shappire Radeon HD 7950

The config:

Code:
ultracoinminer -o stratum+tcp://ultra.nitro.org:4337 -u x.x -p x --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 -w 256 -g 2 -I 12 --thread-concurrency 16384 --no-submit-stale --expiry 10 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

Ok Albert, first your config is for nitro.org pool but you are looking on nitro2.org pool. for results. Completely different pools.
First shut your rig down, by that I mean kill the power completely and wait a bit before restarting. The drivers need a reset.
Is your dual bios switch on the card on (lit up blue) or off (no light). The blue light needs to be on for those config settings to work. Also add some parameters for that card. --gpu-engine 1040, --gpu-memclock 1250 is enough. Also set a --gpu-temp about 72. If this does not get you hashing near 100kh/s then add look up gap 3 and should give you about 70kh/s

Same problem...

Actually he is connected to nitro2 the URL does not make a difference only the port. But I think he needs to drop intensity to 11 as his card is generating hardware errors only. Not sure about the specifics of his card, but some 7950's are not like other 7950's this seems weird but it's true. My sapphire 7950's have outperformed my HIS 7950's for some reason on the same settings.  
I tried and it's the same to put 11 or 12
I guess we need a lot more info about your rig. What miner version, where you get it? What card driver version?? Using win? Does the card mine with another coin? Is there a power supply problem to the card?Huh Is there a conf. file in the same directory as ultrcoinminer. Your problem is in the details, your config file is not the problem
The miner: downloaded  from the ultracoin web page.
GPU:
I can mine all Scrypt coin and Scrypt-N
The power supply is perfect and it is of 600w
There is no config file in the miner folder.
I use windows 8.1

I think that's all
I see your driver version is catalyst 14.2, I have heard of issues with that latest driver, not sure. I have the exact same card as you with win8.1 and using the previous catalyst 13.25 and no issues getting 108kh/s on 12 cards for this coin. Can go higher but cards run nice and cool at my current settings.
THANKS! I downgrade to 13.25 and now it works Cheesy
 Only one more question. The 70kh/s is a good hashrate?
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: