Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:15:40 PM

I have to agree with musicmaker. As I recall there was a plan to drop nfactor back to n11 - this was still a good era for all the miners.

I have a feeling that (almost) all non-Chinese people are a bit scared of Chacha with nfactors switching. So, drop nfactor, keep it for a long time, invite miners Smiley

Not true fredeq! The constant manipulation will continue to take this coin lower and lower. What miners do you want to invite? How will that actually cause the price to rise? Because the price was higher when it was at NFactor 11?

I think most people here hate miners somehow which is why they dropped the block reward in the first place. I warned against it. Of course, I was ignored and shouted down because it was 'negative'.

I'm making more UTC/day now, with less hardware, at N-factor 13 than I was at N-factor 11.  Difficulty drops at each N-factor due to the decrease in hashrate which makes it very difficult to gauge the long-term trend in difficulty over several N-factor changes.  But as I said, I'm making more coin with less hardware than two months ago.  The only way this is possible is if less hardware is on the network (fewer miners/fewer dedicated rigs).  Since I generate more coins, I can sell them cheaper and net the same profit as two months ago.  It's supply/demand economics in it's most basic form.  Price wasn't higher two months ago because N-factor was lower (although that made it easier to config hardware, which is another, yet related issue).  Price was higher two months ago because there were more miners dividing up the same coin supply (actually more since reward was still 50 UTC/block).  Less coin per miner meant they sold at higher prices.

Profitability is still a great marketing point for this coin.  And there are several areas where we can position ourselves to win over new miners:

*Continue providing better tools for configuring mining hardware such as the configgen page.
*Continue to investigate changing N-factor scheme to make mining consistent and user-friendly
*Develop tools and market to Nvidia miners.  I'm mining on 750ti's and they are loads easier to configure than my AMD cards are WAY more efficient.  Look for a big market of miners to arise when new Maxwell GPUs are released later this year/early 2015.
*Shorten POS - obvious
*Continue to position ourselves as the GPU mining alternative when scrypt ASICs push LTC/DOGE difficulty to the stratosphere (probably in 2014)
*Other thoughts?

Good info for the many idiots calling me a troll on here. Karma beatings will continue until they learn.

But see, I personally would never invest in a coin when stakeholders are trying to "investigate the N-factor scheme". What exactly is wrong with it now? If it is profitable for CERTAIN miners, why change it to be profitable for other certain miners??? Is the plan to keep the NFactor low until asics become an issue and then change it as needed? Do you understand how this manipulation destroys the coin? Did you see my quote from SunnyKing? There would have to be intelligent rationale for changing something, which most people have no idea how it works to begin with anyway. There was absolutely no intelligence behind reducing the reward, which has set a dangerous precedent of following through with bad decisions... bumface actually thought that reducing the reward by a factor of 3 would increase the price by a factor of 3, seriously.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
musicmaker613

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:16:20 AM

Good info for the many idiots calling me a troll on here. Karma beatings will continue until they learn.

But see, I personally would never invest in a coin when stakeholders are trying to "investigate the N-factor scheme". What exactly is wrong with it now? If it is profitable for CERTAIN miners, why change it to be profitable for other certain miners??? Is the plan to keep the NFactor low until asics become an issue and then change it as needed? Do you understand how this manipulation destroys the coin? Did you see my quote from SunnyKing? There would have to be intelligent rationale for changing something, which most people have no idea how it works to begin with anyway. There was absolutely no intelligence behind reducing the reward, which has set a dangerous precedent of following through with bad decisions... bumface actually thought that reducing the reward by a factor of 3 would increase the price by a factor of 3, seriously.

Well, N-factor increases were implemented to make the coin ASIC resistant.  However, scrypt ASIC isn't proliferating as fast as the Devs had originally predicted.  So now we have an unnecessarily high N-factor.  One which makes configuring mining hardware very difficult, even for miners who have been mining UTC since day one.

I'll agree that one could argue cutting the block reward was a poor decision and is probably a large part of why many miners left (who wants to have their mining reward cut by 70%?) but hind-site is 20/20.  BUT, we can't keep driving 100 mph in the wrong direction.  High N-factor is a barrier-to-entry for a lot of potential miners because A) it's hard to properly configure hardware B) they don't realize the low hashrates are normal/don't know what normal for their setup should be and C) it's inconsistent; they will have to rework everything in around 1-2 months.  I agree that constant changes appear as though we are manipulating the coin, almost like the Fed manipulates the USD supply.  We don't want to just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, but we DO need to find the right balance and track for this coin, and soon.  And when we do, we will let it grow on its own from then on.

SYS: SjFeMefQpgCRWuwRdiN3Hf8V6CkocV3Xdq
DOGE: DG4EwxvNCM5YFBQ8xo7pkEua2Nf1jRMmQg
vagos

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:25:23 AM

ill be back cheerleading UTC again soon im busy killing CINNI at the moment Cheesy

This is why UTC is dead and will continue to be, your community is full only of trolls trolling on other coins instead of working for utc..

sad coin,
sad community,
sad price

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

Position   Coin   Name   Votes   Percentage of Votes

1st   GRS   Groestlcoin   94   18%
2nd   UTC   Ultracoin   92   17%   

Need some more votes quick - Ultracoin going up steady but Groestl going up faster.

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks

--

--
Thiago1

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:30:11 AM

HEY FRIENDS COMES A GREAT ADVERT
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:34:48 AM

Apologies for being so quiet over the last two days. I've spent a lot of time thinking, and talking to members of the community, and realized that I owe it to all of you to explain why I'm leaving ultracoin.

I've spent the last 3 months working close to 7 days per week for Ultracoin. This was my choice. I've learned a lot, and hopefully made crypto a little bit better. Now I'm facing several more months of development work, for the minecraft plugin and ultra-arb premium. I just can't do it. This amount of work needs a development team, not one developer. And we don't have that.

But my issue isn't really about the work. I like to work hard. But I like to work hard when everyone else is, and when I get support. That leads to the two main reasons I'm leaving. I just don't see the same level of dedication and commitment from our founder, and that is really too much for me to take. He should be working harder than any of us. Instead I work and work and the work just keeps coming, with no let up and no support.

Now I understand that everyone has outside commitments. None of us are being paid to do this work. But its really hard to commit yourself month after month and not see that commitment matched. If this community does anything, it really needs to make sure that is addressed.

And this community. I've made so many good friends here. But I also am so disappointed. I create apps, write columns and get publicity - and all of that work goes to waste because the community shows so little support.People post here all the time saying its "not their job" to publicize things. Well, guess what? I'm not getting paid. Its not my job either. Its like a slap in the face to see that my work is so undervalued that you can't even send one tweet about it.

No other coin except doge and bitcoin gets the kind of publicity ultracoin gets and the community has squandered all of that. Sometimes I feel like I could build a car powered by ultracoin and the community will stay silent, and then wonder why the price is falling.

So, I've decided to move on. If things change - and I mean major changes - I may come back. In the meantime, please understand that I don't regret a minute of this. You all mean the world to me. I just can't do this anymore.

DCGirl
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:58:18 AM

You've been nothing but an inspiration to us all. Your work ethic, beyond commendable. Your attitude, positively unmatched. Your professional demeanor, out of this world. The UTC community and institution as a whole is forever in your debt and on behalf of the entire community, I wish you the best of luck in whatever ventures you decide to pursue. I humbly implore that you take some time to yourself, relax, recharge, and do what you do best--maintain that positive forward thinking attitude and push on forward. Best wishes and stay well!

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
Thiago1

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:05:24 AM

Apologies for being so quiet over the last two days. I've spent a lot of time thinking, and talking to members of the community, and realized that I owe it to all of you to explain why I'm leaving ultracoin.

I've spent the last 3 months working close to 7 days per week for Ultracoin. This was my choice. I've learned a lot, and hopefully made crypto a little bit better. Now I'm facing several more months of development work, for the minecraft plugin and ultra-arb premium. I just can't do it. This amount of work needs a development team, not one developer. And we don't have that.

But my issue isn't really about the work. I like to work hard. But I like to work hard when everyone else is, and when I get support. That leads to the two main reasons I'm leaving. I just don't see the same level of dedication and commitment from our founder, and that is really too much for me to take. He should be working harder than any of us. Instead I work and work and the work just keeps coming, with no let up and no support.

Now I understand that everyone has outside commitments. None of us are being paid to do this work. But its really hard to commit yourself month after month and not see that commitment matched. If this community does anything, it really needs to make sure that is addressed.

And this community. I've made so many good friends here. But I also am so disappointed. I create apps, write columns and get publicity - and all of that work goes to waste because the community shows so little support.People post here all the time saying its "not their job" to publicize things. Well, guess what? I'm not getting paid. Its not my job either. Its like a slap in the face to see that my work is so undervalued that you can't even send one tweet about it.

No other coin except doge and bitcoin gets the kind of publicity ultracoin gets and the community has squandered all of that. Sometimes I feel like I could build a car powered by ultracoin and the community will stay silent, and then wonder why the price is falling.

So, I've decided to move on. If things change - and I mean major changes - I may come back. In the meantime, please understand that I don't regret a minute of this. You all mean the world to me. I just can't do this anymore.

DCGirl

Thank You for all Dcgirl is GOOD to KNOW. what is the real Reason You are leaving 
flyingqw

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:25:18 AM

DCGirl

if you are leaving or get rid of utc,don't speak out. the leaving news make the price go down to 0.00002
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:28:14 AM

if you are leaving or get rid of utc,don't speak out. the leaving news make the price go down to 0.00002

yes, feel free to blame me for that too
utcminer

Activity: 238

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:34:36 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 02:52:25 AM by utcminer

wow  you are so fragile,so sentimental......nobody blame you,It's you who make the coin wonderful, and it's you who kill the coin in the end,ok, do not speak any more here,you make me sick,loser

by the way, if you are really leaving ,i sugest you shut up and close your eyes and go away silently! at the same time ,we are still ask somebody to vote which you ask us to do.

self-centred lady................

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Wirly

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:37:29 AM

Blamo!

Wirly

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:42:03 AM

DCGirl

Actualy down to .00001...
utcminer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

DCGirl

no,actualy down to nothing,emotionally frail,self-centered lady

utcminer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:47:39 AM

@dcgirl

you ask us to join in the utc community,and at last,you leave us alone in the utc community. you  tell everybody that you as a major member of devs are leaving.which made the price go down to 0.that does not make sense.

what's wrong with you?

i will give a buy order at 0.000001 which means 1btc buy 1 million utc

xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:53:08 AM

@dcgirl

you ask us to join in the utc community,and at last,you leave us alone in the utc community. you  tell everybody that you as a major member of devs are leaving.that does not make sense.

what's wrong with you?

Frankly, I am insulted that you think this is appropriate to post. DCGirl has busted her ass for weeks and had to make a very difficulty decision and you think its okay to criticize her? That's preposterous, immature, and unwarranted. I suggest you pick your fights wisely.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
Kiiro

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:56:13 AM

wow  you are so fragile,so sentimental......nobody blame you,It's you who make the coin wonderful, and it's you who kill the coin in the end,ok, do not speak any more here,you make me sick,loser

by the way, if you are really leaving ,i sugest you shut up and close your eyes and go away silently! at the same time ,we are still ask somebody to vote which you ask us to do.

self-centred lady................

You're embarrassing yourself. Please stop posting.
utcminer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:56:49 AM

@dcgirl

you ask us to join in the utc community,and at last,you leave us alone in the utc community. you  tell everybody that you as a major member of devs are leaving.that does not make sense.

what's wrong with you?

Frankly, I am insulted that you think this is appropriate to post. DCGirl has busted her ass for weeks and had to make a very difficulty decision and you think its okay to criticize her? That's preposterous, immature, and unwarranted. I suggest you pick your fights wisely.

who care?nobody care,everything is dying.if she do not care utc,why utc community has to care about her?

Wirly

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:57:58 AM

DCGirl

no,actualy down to nothing,emotionally frail,self-centered lady
I think it wrong for you to say such bull about dcgirl, check the highlight in red and you will see that two developers have now jumped ship, not hard to figure out that a coin whose founder is not a developer is at the mercy of the gods. Looks like the fig tree has just been cursed. Glad I dumped long ago.
utcminer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:02:55 AM

@dcgirl

OK,i apologize for what i have said.

utc community welcome you back.

i am chinese, and i am not good at english,too complicated to express my feeling

sorry

Pages: « 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: