Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:39:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 [695] 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DaiBoyCookie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:53:52 PM

Help I'm getting this error when trying to mine from My wallet.
[15:40:23] - Miner failed to start. Make sure you have the minerd executable and libraries in the same directory as UltraCoin-Qt.

Do I also need to create a new worker at the pool Shocked
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:58:23 PM

Just an idea !

Our community members al all around the world...

Everybody of us now some newspapers, magazines, infotainments websites et cetera who could be get interested to write a article about Crypto Currency and specially  about Ultracoin.

If we al send some emails to those editors, writers and news teams there will be hopefully some teams who will pick up the Ultracoin news and are willing to write about it....

For example a email to send like this one....

Please think it over guy's and girls and let me know your thoughts ok Huh

Hello team ?X?X?X?,

Please let me get your attention if I may…..

So many crypto coins around !  
So many pump and dump coins around !  
So many coins around which fade quickly away and die slowly !

BUT THERE IS ALSO A COIN WHICH HAS PLANS TO BE HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL.

This coin is ULTRACOIN  ; http://ultracoin.net/

Ultracoin is not a pump and dump coin.
It is a coin with a very serious, dedicated and hard working DEV-team.
A coin with a big and great community of miners, traders, bag-holders and supporters.

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS WEBLINKS BELOW…..and please think it over to write about ULTRACOIN on ?X?X?X? and get in touch with the lead marketer of Ultracoin DCgirl.

http://bitcoinwoman.com/index.php/articles/54-hot-news/205-bitcoinwoman-magazine-joins-with-ultracoin-to-sponsor-elsa-hammond-s-great-pacific-race-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TGpKdsOWe4

http://bitcoinwoman.com/index.php/articles/187-the-story-of-a-girl-developer-in-cryptoland

http://bitcoinwoman.com/index.php/culture/200-dcgirl-on-marketing-crypto-to-women

http://bitcoinwoman.com/index.php/culture/art-and-design/202-a-sex-and-crypto-dilemma

http://bitcoinvox.com/article/639/ultracoin-ambitious-plans

http://ultra-arb.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y898MEfaKtM

https://i.imgur.com/hx9DHxL.png

http://youtu.be/jnoC_z4Fwc4

Greetings....

Who has a better idea or text please respond .....

Some general suggestions:

1.  If I was an editor that received unsolicited email asking me to write about something, if I take the time to read it at all, it better give me a good reason to write about it.  This does not.  Much like cover letters to resumes, you are wasting your time unless you tailor your message to the exact person that's going to read it. 

If you're sending this to The Economist (or similar magazine, just putting one out everyone would know), you would pitch this as a potential article about the difficulties of developing a legitimate alternate payment ecosystem within an industry dominated by get-rich-quick schemes and  immature, rigged market that makes trading penny stocks look safe.  The crux is you still have to define what really makes UTC standout, what is the compelling story that makes UTC different than other coins in the alt market?  What struggles have you overcome?  What developments set you apart that make you not like the other coins that exist in the rigged market?

If you were sending this to Wired, you would pitch it as a piece about the rise of ASICS and altcoins, and the struggle to keep video card mining as a legitimate means for cryptocurrency to not become the centralized beast it was meant to oppose.  Emphasis on hashing algorithms, ASICS vs GPUs, and, once again, a compelling reason why the story should revolve around  how UTC fits in this picture and why it's different. 

So on and so forth.

Do not send out letters with generic platitudes about great people doing great things and then list none of those things or people.  Do not spam links that require an interested party to try to figure out why they should be interested.  No one of any importance is going to take any of that seriously. 

And most of all -- if you don't have a compelling story yet, do something so that you do have one.  You are not Coke, you can't just spam your name as part of your advertising campaign.  You don't have any brand recognition. 

Notice the links above about DCGirl were all about her and her relationship with crypto / UTC.  Get the interest?  Women and Crypto / Coding are about as rare as Gaming and Women.  It's unique, hence, something worth writing / reading about. 

And that should be your ultimate litmus test for anything you send out -- Would you want to read that email if it showed up in your Inbox?  Would you care about what that person said if you didn't know them or anything about what they were talking about?  Would you click on any of those links?  Would you want to know more about it at all? 

rapture333

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:13:39 PM

Agreed, if you are going to support Ultracoin by taking it to the media, please write about it in a professional, sourced, and well written manner. Preferably direct it to the editor of said media outlet, and provide information on why it should be a story, give them contact information, give them what makes Ultracoin unique. A good example is the relationship between DCgirl and Crytpo, it's not just a story about Ultracoin, but brings a human aspect into play. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the human aspect, but it does have to be interesting and make for a good headline. Bring some creativity into the pitch. I am a journalist myself, so this is definitely something I'm familiar with. Some outlets that would really be interested in Ultracoin would be outlets that deal with technology and politics. Such as as Adam Vs The Man (libertarian circles), Wired.com (technological circles), and popular blogs that deal with economics and politics, not just crypto. One example would be Max Keiser's blog (maxkeiser.com). Other big sites would that involve themselves with crypto are Reason, The Economist, We Are Change, and others. If there are any other writers out there, I suggest we pitch some stories to these outlets.

rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:15:42 PM

Join the only dedicated Ultracoin forum on the web. Check out the forum and consider signing up! Together we can create a place where discussion of Ultracoin can be created, organized, and archived! Consider making an account and support the future of Ultracoin discussions!

Ultracointalk.org/

fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:22:19 PM

NITRO DOWN !! NITRO DOWN Sad Please devs can we fix this!!

PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:34:03 PM

Agreed, if you are going to support Ultracoin by taking it to the media, please write about it in a professional, sourced, and well written manner. Preferably direct it to the editor of said media outlet, and provide information on why it should be a story, give them contact information, give them what makes Ultracoin unique. A good example is the relationship between DCgirl and Crytpo, it's not just a story about Ultracoin, but brings a human aspect into play. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the human aspect, but it does have to be interesting and make for a good headline. Bring some creativity into the pitch. I am a journalist myself, so this is definitely something I'm familiar with. Some outlets that would really be interested in Ultracoin would be outlets that deal with technology and politics. Such as as Adam Vs The Man (libertarian circles), Wired.com (technological circles), and popular blogs that deal with economics and politics, not just crypto. One example would be Max Keiser's blog (maxkeiser.com). Other big sites would that involve themselves with crypto are Reason, The Economist, We Are Change, and others. If there are any other writers out there, I suggest we pitch some stories to these outlets.

Good points of you and cointradero.

So who ever is a good writer or a journalist, please write a short and good text to get attention on Ultracoin.

I know Fabietech several times asked at the dev team for a good press release but the Dev team never responded to him...

With a good press release everybody can reach the media in there own country and try to get more and more attention.

I come from the Netherlands and am willing to try to reach every media and get Ultracoin in to the spotlights

So who can write a short, good press release to get attention with a view weblinks Huh

@dcgirl.... maybe you can and willing too Huh 

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:56:23 PM

Good points of you and cointradero.

So who ever is a good writer or a journalist, please write a short and good text to get attention on Ultracoin.

I know Fabietech several times asked at the dev team for a good press release but the Dev team never responded to him...

With a good press release everybody can reach the media in there own country and try to get more and more attention.

I come from the Netherlands and am willing to try to reach every media and get Ultracoin in to the spotlights

So who can write a short, good press release to get attention with a view weblinks Huh

@dcgirl.... maybe you can and willing too Huh 

Sure, just let me know what you think it should include, you can send your thoughts by pm if you want.

In the meantime, please all feel free to share the sponsorship press release with any sources you might have. You can copy the text from here:

http://bitcoinwoman.com/index.php/articles/54-hot-news/205-bitcoinwoman-magazine-joins-with-ultracoin-to-sponsor-elsa-hammond-s-great-pacific-race-2014
Thiago1

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:57:22 PM

yeah buddy how about is time finally to move some where else like us  www.ultracoinpool.info  Wink
Andrec

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:27:37 PM

Did I miss discussion about this:

http://ultra-coin.com/

?

Some people will mix the two.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:24:14 PM

Just curious to know what Bumface has been doing the last 7 days. Am I allowed to ask this? Apart for making Dawson Creek meme posters . . .

Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 09:47:27 PM by Marnie1976

Just curious to know what Bumface has been doing the last 7 days. Am I allowed to ask this? Apart for making Dawson Creek meme posters . . .

+1

...one thing I no for shore..

...he was very busy deleting serious but criticism post here and making treats of reporting because he and the other dev's only want to see very positive messages out here !

They want only the positive momentum here and have a big control of censure at this forum...

Even dcgirl (who I really respect) is starting to take here part at controlling and censoring off messages together with bumface
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:54:17 PM

+1

...he was very busy deleting serious but criticism post here and making treats of reporting because he and the other dev's only want to see very positive messages out here !

They want only the positive momentum here and have a big control of censure at this forum...

Even dcgirl (who I really respect) is starting to take here part at controlling and censoring off messages together with bumface

the reason i deleted your 3 flooding post ,was that you were offering a bounty to the person who can best "wake me up", while the general topic was how Elsa Hammond is starting an amazing journy and rowing on the ocean for 3 months.

Your comments were flooding the thread and were being quoted to a point were it took up 3 full pages,and thats very inapropriate and rude when the topic is about a person who is doing such an amazing thing......if you dont have anything positive to add, and can only point the finger and complain, please move on.

When people come here for the first time and read your cloud of doom, what kind of impression are you giving about the coin then? This coin is very strong and the team aswell,so please dont misrepresent us.

thank you

jacobshm

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:25:15 PM

ok guys, i just sold some other coins so i could  triple my UTC holdings because i think this has the most potential to go up in price medium-term and damn this coin is fast...

NOW, i would like to start getting proof of stake on my mac wallet, to do this all i need to do is click "Enable Stake Minting" in the overview tab of the wallet? is that correct?

how long does it take for my balance to show up in "stake" on the overview tab?

please let me know if im missing something...

Thanks,
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

ok guys, i just sold some other coins so i could  triple my UTC holdings because i think this has the most potential to go up in price medium-term and damn this coin is fast...

NOW, i would like to start getting proof of stake on my mac wallet, to do this all i need to do is click "Enable Stake Minting" in the overview tab of the wallet? is that correct?

how long does it take for my balance to show up in "stake" on the overview tab?

please let me know if im missing something...

Thanks,
also wondering how long until stake starts. thanks!
fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:37:17 PM

yeah buddy how about is time finally to move some where else like us  www.ultracoinpool.info  Wink

we switched 40 rigs now on the official pool Smiley hope everybody is happy

FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:50:19 PM

+1

the reason i deleted your 3 flooding post ,was that you were offering a bounty to the person who can best "wake me up", while the general topic was how Elsa Hammond is starting an amazing journy and rowing on the ocean for 3 months.

Your comments were flooding the thread and were being quoted to a point were it took up 3 full pages,and thats very inapropriate and rude when the topic is about a person who is doing such an amazing thing......if you dont have anything positive to add, and can only point the finger and complain, please move on.

When people come here for the first time and read your cloud of doom, what kind of impression are you giving about the coin then? This coin is very strong and the team aswell,so please dont misrepresent us.

thank you

I would be interested to know why my post was deleted as well?
One short post, not flooding, responding to what can be done to improve the community & awareness of UltraCoin.

So.... I'm waiting.
Why was my post deleted?
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:12:12 PM

+1

thank you

Hmmmmmm Bumface.... you sound really as a spoiled little whiney girl which can not take any critic and want only here the nice things and want's to hear how beautiful you are Tongue

Ok kiss kiss .....
LeetPoolsOP

Activity: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:23:03 PM

we switched 40 rigs now on the official pool Smiley hope everybody is happy

http://Ultra.leetpools.com has been stable and has plenty of capacity.
nuocmamt

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:36:45 PM

Can we get a timeline for what we can actually do with Ultracoin. I see that we can buy gift cards and clothes with Ultracoin through the marketplace, but when were those features implemented, and how limited are users of this cryptocurrency. I personally didn't know that we could get giftcards or exchange the currency for shirts until recently. Can we get a comparison between Ultracoin and other currently rising  hype currencies and their features. Honestly, I believe UTC has far more value than the current hype coins, but there is no advertising of these features. How would anyone know a value of something if it weren't for advertising. It's sad that UTC is falling to the wayside while these other coins are gaining traction.
BerserkU

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:18:51 AM

Can we get a timeline for what we can actually do with Ultracoin. I see that we can buy gift cards and clothes with Ultracoin through the marketplace, but when were those features implemented, and how limited are users of this cryptocurrency. I personally didn't know that we could get giftcards or exchange the currency for shirts until recently. Can we get a comparison between Ultracoin and other currently rising  hype currencies and their features. Honestly, I believe UTC has far more value than the current hype coins, but there is no advertising of these features. How would anyone know a value of something if it weren't for advertising. It's sad that UTC is falling to the wayside while these other coins are gaining traction.

I also believe that UTC has a lot of value but we will have our time

To those people who think that there is no advertising, they should take a look at the article from DCgirl
http://bitcoinvox.com/article/639/ultracoin-ambitious-plans

UTC does get advertising but we need the whole community to also advertise the coin and get our name out there. UTC Team can only do so much and they are doing a great Job.

Whenever i login to the top 3 exchanges you always see DCgirl promoting UTC on chat..... And also working on great stuff like this....
Ultracoin Sponsoring Elsa Hammond in the Great Pacific Race 2014
Ultra Arb site
Pages: « 1 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 [695] 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: