Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 04:56:42 PM

They are many good ideas, I hope to see them Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:08:41 PM

A feature I would like to see is a "sweep" option.   Set a Bitcoin address and funds are transferred there.  Could have a min amount (possibly user set).  Similar to how mining pools work.
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:59:26 PM

Okay Guys, thanks for your all your ideas & feedback. There are some good suggestions I will implement soon.

Here comes a tiny new feature:
- Add an internal note to your item. It is being displayed on the order page after you have got an order and only viewable for the seller. Use it to store your internal item id or other item specific information you need to process the order.

So far, so good for today Smiley
tosku

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 04:50:43 PM

Here comes a tiny new feature:
- Add an internal note to your item. It is being displayed on the order page after you have got an order and only viewable for the seller. Use it to store your internal item id or other item specific information you need to process the order.

With that feature, I can finally start doing some listings.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:36:19 PM

New:
Extended search options

Filter your search by
- Item condition
- Auction or Buy now
- Seller has good ratings
- Seller is ID verified
- Item location
- Shipping to
- Sold items
- Expired items
- Price (you can  limit the price range in BTC or a regular fiat currency)
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:21:24 PM

New:
Extended search options

Filter your search by
- Item condition
- Auction or Buy now
- Seller has good ratings
- Seller is ID verified
- Item location
- Shipping to
- Sold items
- Expired items
- Price (you can  limit the price range in BTC or a regular fiat currency)

Thank you very much!
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:08:45 PM

Update:
Count of search results
Search results are not limited anymore and can be browsed completely by scrolling down

For goods in the category "Digital Goods" and PC Games with checked "Download" checkbox the Textarea is the default shipping address format on checkout
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 07:57:49 AM

Another feature request:
When entering feedback, you can type the individual texts for many people at once, but you can only submit one feedback at a time. How about a "send all" button?

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:29:42 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2012, 04:06:11 PM by tosaki

Update:
- User feedback / ratings is pre limited to 10 entries by default
- Removed the "Pics" tab on the item page and added an image gallery

Another feature request:
When entering feedback, you can type the individual texts for many people at once, but you can only submit one feedback at a time. How about a "send all" button?

Good suggestion, I will make this happen within the next days Smiley
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 01:39:34 PM

Is it hard to add also "requests"?
I mean that people should be able to add requests for some objects.
Examples:
- I want 10# of the newspaper "the time"
- I want this model of mobile phone AB1234 used or new

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:18:35 PM

Is it hard to add also "requests"?
I mean that people should be able to add requests for some objects.
Examples:
- I want 10# of the newspaper "the time"
- I want this model of mobile phone AB1234 used or new

Yeah, I think requested items would be a great feature. I've requested it before and have been told it will come, but I don't think it's a priority. I wish it would be.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 02:55:51 PM

He should add something to request features, and them people will give votes to them Smiley
Example:
http://www.uservoice.com/

it's used here:
http://www.rugatu.com/

samadamsbeer

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:47:05 AM

Bitmit is seriously lacking in a "completed items" search function. It would encourage a lot more sellers if they knew how much items sold for on your site.
+1
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:54:27 PM

Yeah, I am also in favor of a "request items"  / "want to buy" feature Smiley I will implement this straight after I am finished with the CSV Import / Export.

So far some tiny improvements:
- Give feedback page: Save all button
- Give feedback page: Positive ratings are only allowed after the order has been paid
- Spaces in phone numbers are allowed now (+353 (0)87 is valid)
- Internal Bitmit transactions are credited instantly now
- "Pay it with funds of my Bitmit Wallet" Button on the order page

Sending a message to a vendor is a pain, a contact vendor shortcut on an item that automatically includes the item reference would be nice.

You can already to that directly from the item page, go to the "About the seller" tab and scroll down to the form.

Zip code. Please make it country specific, I'm getting an error entering personal details with a blank zip code field for a country that doesn't use zip codes or anything like them (Ireland).

Oh, I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the hint. I will improve that soon.

Bitmit is seriously lacking in a "completed items" search function. It would encourage a lot more sellers if they knew how much items sold for on your site.
+1

That`s already possible. Just go the search page and check "Expired items" and "Sold items". E.g. https://www.bitmit.net/en/q/?&q=bitcoin&f_itemSold=1&f_itemExpired=1

He should add something to request features, and them people will give votes to them Smiley
Example:
http://www.uservoice.com/

it's used here:
http://www.rugatu.com/

Thank you for the links, hostfat. I have to check this out.
BrBoy

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:10:17 PM

Portuguese is a good language option too.
coincollectingenterprises

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 09:05:49 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2012, 09:18:41 PM by coincollectingenterprises

Signed up and posted one item (68 pounds copper pennies) to see how the whole process goes. A little nervous about the forced escrow thing but will giving it a shot. Thanks for the merchant friendly alternative listing site.

The affiliate program is interesting. So I just post the referral link to advertise your site, hope people click it, and contribute as both a seller and buyer?

But you have two links in there:

Is there a difference between them other than the length?

Also, is it safe that the user ID number that you identify my username with is in the referral link open to the public if posted?

PS: Hope you don't mind the offsite link to my website. I have no intentions of trying to drive traffic offsite as your fee pricing is very reasonable and I'm actually interested in the acquisition of bitcoins. The link is there to help validate myself as a seller given I have no feedback or verification on your site.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 12:23:22 AM

I think that the "request items"  / "want to buy" feature can be also an option to be like a bounty/deposit.
The user can chose to enter / or not how many bitcoins is available to give, moreover he should already be able to send them to the Bitmit escrow.
So the request will show that there are already bitcoins waiting for selling offers.
After that there must be a filter to sort "bounties" by available and already deposited bitcoins.

Table example:
Item description - How much the requester is available to pay - how many bitcoins already deposited on Bitmit escrow
Mobile phone X - "not indicated" - "0"
Shoes Y - "10" - "0"
Mobile phone Y - "not indicated" - "150 BTC"
Steam game A - "1.2 BTC" - "0"
Steam game A - "not indicated" - "2"

So users will be able to click on every columns and sort items by names/btc offered for the object/BTC already in escrow.
Example: As a potential seller I'll be able to order items by "BTC already in escrow", and I'll give my priority to the one that offers more than others.

If the requester won't find any seller, he will be able to send more bitcoins to the "bounty" of his request. ( but I repeat, he should not be forced to send any bitcoins )

coincollectingenterprises

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 01:23:36 AM

So I submitted a request for some category adds based on my products needs. Two days later, WHAMO, the categories are there.

That being said, thank you for adding those assuming my request was responded to.

My one request would be to shoot me an email to let me know it happened as I didn't notice until I happened to go on your site and look around.

Otherwise, looks good, thanks for adding it!

Now I just need someone to buy copper pennies to prove your site works for coin investments.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:38:15 AM

Signed up and posted one item (68 pounds copper pennies) to see how the whole process goes. A little nervous about the forced escrow thing but will giving it a shot. Thanks for the merchant friendly alternative listing site.

The affiliate program is interesting. So I just post the referral link to advertise your site, hope people click it, and contribute as both a seller and buyer?

But you have two links in there:

Is there a difference between them other than the length?

Also, is it safe that the user ID number that you identify my username with is in the referral link open to the public if posted?

PS: Hope you don't mind the offsite link to my website. I have no intentions of trying to drive traffic offsite as your fee pricing is very reasonable and I'm actually interested in the acquisition of bitcoins. The link is there to help validate myself as a seller given I have no feedback or verification on your site.
Referral system is great. I snagged ~15 users within a bit over a month around March. If I didn't previously have a bunch of stuff to link to, and now feel I have too dubious a reputation, I think I'd have a decent income just putting http://bitmit.net/en/?ref=1471 back in my sig. :p

I think the longer ref ID is if you want people to know your name is attached to the account you're referring them to. If you didn't, you could just use the referral ID, which I don't believe is able to identify you.

For those referred, tosaki's done pretty well to prevent you from knowing who's bought what while keeping everything pretty transparent. You see the usernames of who you referred, but while I've tried (just to check!), there doesn't appear to be any way to definitively tell which user made which purchase, as all you see in the "commissions" window is which User ID made which purchase, but you are never given referred users' ID #. The commission window also gives the sales # when you're given a cut, but if you try to navigate to that order #, you'll get "You do not have permission to view this order." So, if you only have one or two users, you may be able to tell who bought something and how much they spent, but you're unable to tell what exactly they bought, and if you have many referred users, you'd have no idea what any individual was actually buying. The privacy protection there is pretty solid.

I've done a few transactions through BitMit. When I was originally trying it out around the beginning of the year, it was very clunky, and I often wouldn't get notifications of stuff happening, commissions would sometimes in weird chunks and sudden multiple credits, but now everything seems to be running buttery smooth. Tosaki's really made some incredible improvements over time on a great idea, and BitMit is a great asset to the community.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 12:09:25 PM

Annoying bug:
the "Items from <country>" probably uses the IP address to detect the country instead of the one in the user settings.
Not good for people traveling or using a VPN hosted in a foreign country...

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: