Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3168 times)
smutexar

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:55:39 PM

I wonder why Starbucks was first. I think that it will be followed by other popular services. And related not only to food
PeterTom

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:03:35 PM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

It seems to me that the number of people using crypto currency is still very small. Therefore, such statements are more PR. And who will buy coffee for Bitcoins, which are constantly growing in price?
Onatarmedracen

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:05:24 PM

This is not news we have heard for years, do I have the wrong thing? I remember Starbucks had said that he would accept payment for almost a year with a long-lasting crypto.
It is a good thing that such global companies support crypto currencies Smiley
Oleg12

Activity: 910
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

Great news! The future has come. I really look forward to the time when I can easily buy anything in any store for cryptocurrency
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:13:04 PM

This is not news we have heard for years, do I have the wrong thing? I remember Starbucks had said that he would accept payment for almost a year with a long-lasting crypto.
It is a good thing that such global companies support crypto currencies Smiley
I think that in the near future we should not be surprised that large and global companies will use the crypto currency in full. In any case, this trend will affect the popularity of the crypto currency in the world and if international transactions with Bitcoin take place, this will also affect the legalization of the crypto currency in those countries where it is currently prohibited.

HELLO EVERYONE.
sateyaam

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:44:11 PM

this is a big news, I hope the steps taken in starbuck by receiving payment through cryptocurrency followed by other companies,
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:50:00 PM

In the next years we will see more and more important brands who will implement cryptocurrencies in their company structure. The companies who will start with this, are in great advantage for the future.

aquantivis86

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:53:22 PM

Love the ability to purchase more and more via the conversion of crypto to gift card but this is a far far stretch from 'starbucks accepting crypto'!  Actual crypto coin card readers in starbucks would be where I would put that line.  Though I would much rather go almost anywhere else around here.
Semaj123

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:57:28 PM

In the next years we will see more and more important brands who will implement cryptocurrencies in their company structure. The companies who will start with this, are in great advantage for the future.

As Dapps keeps growing, we can tell that cryptos is giving us a better services in terms of fast and easy transaction. Starbucks definitely see some advantages about the technology which they find very profitable and secured security system.
Crypto Chips

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

Cryptocurrency is Dilema

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 10:04:40 PM

thats sounds good, but don't forget the main reason that why wee need to change money to crypto as a daily use is the transparancy and effectiveness, if to do 1 transaction using crypto takes longer time and inconvenient than money in general, i think crypto will not be used for daily use
jin_dv

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:19:22 PM

Starbucks is not going to develop a digital currency and is not going to invest in blockchain or cryptocurrency, but rather wants to use its position and capabilities to inspire confidence in these technologies. Starbucks has unique opportunities to take advantage of these changes.We believe that we have something to offer companies that work in this field, because we are able to create a certain level of trust in this technology, and perhaps for this we will be able to use the mobile payment platform that we have created.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:59:07 AM

the news is very encouraging ..
I can sit down while enjoying coffee and seeing the scenery around, without having to carry a small buck in the pocket.
Pretty encouraging I must say. This though is small to what I believe will end up happening in the long run as the days when we will start seeing cryptocurrency debit cards are gradually drawing closer. Nevertheless, this is still a very good start and a good innovation that cannot be discarded. With things turning out fast like this will assist in ushering us to the level of mainstream adoption in the long run.

it's really real and it's been proven to buy a cup of coffee with ETH it's to a very extraordinary masters but in my country there is nothing like it in starbucks
Yeah, it is pretty much a very nice one and this is what we really want to keep seeing. New innovations that would make the space worthwhile at the end rather than us just seeing some form of speculation that allows huge fluctuation in value of cryptocurrencies at large. With stuffs like this, we get to start seeing huge demand and over time, things will even get more established and even more interesting.
upbit

Activity: 392
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:53:46 AM

I support both, as these are the most popular crypto-currencies. They will take a height above all, this is purely my opinion, I do not call on anyone.
KaramazovBro

Activity: 308

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:28:43 AM

Good news for all the cryptocurrency enthusiasts. The more companies will use tokens in their work, the better. Perhaps in this way the whole world will soon switch to the use of bitcoin and other coins.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:45:49 AM

first time I heard about it, but the news is very good! this is another step to constantly use cryptocurrency

Woohoo! Great news! It's really convenient. And  I hope Starbucks will set a good example for other cafes and stores etc., so they'll start accepting cryptocurrencies as a payment.
swam1alyona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:52:41 AM

Interesting news.  Really, soon it will not be necessary to bother exchanging crypts for fiat money, but on the direct one you will be able to buy!
zinluzgina

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:58:16 AM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

If they implement it, it will be a big breakthrough. For example, EBay is also planning to accept bitcoin in payment. Amazon also spoke about this at a conference. So friends this is the future of crypto.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

Interesting news.  Really, soon it will not be necessary to bother exchanging crypts for fiat money, but on the direct one you will be able to buy!
Good news for us, now crypto slowly accepted by big companies and this is the sign that it will continue spreading the technology about crypto. It's pretty good to hear the information because the higher demand on people the maximum of individuals to invest crypto.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:05:23 AM

Of this thing will happen mate, its a good news for everyone who wants to go coffee in starbucks and paying a crypto which is instantly getting paid. It is one of the development of crypto in the world. Hope that it wil be more projects that crypto will be part of it.
xws

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:06:58 AM

Very interesting news, I would like to see more of the organizations accepting the crypto currency. I think it will be very cool if you could buy goods in computer stores for crypto currency. It would be a very cool cycle where you can buy equipment for making coins, and you can pay coins for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: