Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378869 times)
botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

I second Botolo86's reply!  cex might have the real fancy site and the picture of "their" equipment but that doesn't make them legit!  I've been with PBmining for over two weeks, they've been ready to respond to my questions when I had issues and they pay out on time and correctly!!! Love them!  If they where to pull out on us it'd really really really hurt me but I have no thoughts that I'll have to worry about that!  You ask CEX to take a time stamped picture of their rigs and an employee or two and see what kinda answers you get from them I'm sure it'll be the same!

What I also meant to say is that in this Bitcoin economy, everyone is a small player and companies grow up one day after the other. If I put my money into Bank of America, I know that if anything happens I will have my back covered. If something really bad happens, I will sue Bank of America.

If I put my money in CEX, PBMining and any other similar company, if things go belly up see if you can sue them. Most of these companies are not in your same home country and you don't even know their real business name. CEX could tell you tomorrow: "sorry we have been hacked and they stole all of your bitcoins", or they could just shut their website down. Same thing with PBMining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wattda

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:13:09 PM

One positive thing about mining is that it is keeping my feet warm (my rig is under my desk)  as I read these post ( I am in Canada)  Grin
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:16:23 PM

I second Botolo86's reply!  cex might have the real fancy site and the picture of "their" equipment but that doesn't make them legit!  I've been with PBmining for over two weeks, they've been ready to respond to my questions when I had issues and they pay out on time and correctly!!! Love them!  If they where to pull out on us it'd really really really hurt me but I have no thoughts that I'll have to worry about that!  You ask CEX to take a time stamped picture of their rigs and an employee or two and see what kinda answers you get from them I'm sure it'll be the same!

What I also meant to say is that in this Bitcoin economy, everyone is a small player and companies grow up one day after the other. If I put my money into Bank of America, I know that if anything happens I will have my back covered. If something really bad happens, I will sue Bank of America.

If I put my money in CEX, PBMining and any other similar company, if things go belly up see if you can sue them. Most of these companies are not in your same home country and you don't even know their real business name. CEX could tell you tomorrow: "sorry we have been hacked and they stole all of your bitcoins", or they could just shut their website down. Same thing with PBMining.

No one company in this business will insure you, it's just their word to get your business.  Time will tell.  And of late Mt. Gox and CoinEx are great examples of being hacked.  Still with CoinEx because they have been honest and open about matters.  PBMining by the #'s looks promising and has my business. ( 1 foot in ).
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:03:59 AM

PBMining, more piggies please:

tx: 03a7a5895efc9925383df270c4342ff87ae4ffb908417eb1324f8035726c31af

oink oink.
 Cheesy

I have a stupid question. Where do I find the tx# ?

http://schirmfoto.de/fec9943614

rightklick on the transaction, doubleclick an btc transaction also works

(QT-Wallet 0.8.6 )

PS: When i copy the transaction ID, that format:

d15de69d03b0108490478857be1b403bd80ec07747e780b402f7dc38177d41ae-000

this "-000" i have to remove to copy it into blockchain (dont know why, always wanted to ask that but forgot Cheesy )

So i always mark the id and copy only d15de69d03b0108490478857be1b403bd80ec07747e780b402f7dc38177d41ae

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
PBmining (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:22:25 AM

Touche   Smiley

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:50:49 AM

PBMining, more piggies please:

tx: 03a7a5895efc9925383df270c4342ff87ae4ffb908417eb1324f8035726c31af

oink oink.
 Cheesy

I have a stupid question. Where do I find the tx# ?

http://schirmfoto.de/fec9943614

rightklick on the transaction, doubleclick an btc transaction also works

(QT-Wallet 0.8.6 )

PS: When i copy the transaction ID, that format:

d15de69d03b0108490478857be1b403bd80ec07747e780b402f7dc38177d41ae-000

this "-000" i have to remove to copy it into blockchain (dont know why, always wanted to ask that but forgot Cheesy )

So i always mark the id and copy only d15de69d03b0108490478857be1b403bd80ec07747e780b402f7dc38177d41ae

Thank you

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:27:03 AM

I guess, most return in investment coming first 7-12 months anyway, so the rest of the time doesn´t really matter because the GH/S Hardware can not come up with the rising difficult level.

It doesnt really matter if 1, 5 or 10 or 15 year for me, and won´t user another cloudmining any time soon personally it´s irrelevant.

My trust is completely in pb and hope they do a good job and play fair. And until now, they cetrainly do. Support also excellent.

Never got scammed and hope it stays that way, more i can not do.

If´ve wanted to play it safe i would have ordered some ANT´s and pay 0.27EURO per kw/hs for mining.

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:26:06 AM

I agree with you that you can use this thread in any way which is related to the service. But it's also true that this specific topic of yours has been broadly discussed so many times. You can just go back and see what users were asking and what PBMining answered. They are not going to disclose their business plan or any other information on their operation. That's it. It's your choice to decide whether you want to trust them and invest some money or whether you don't trust them and don't invest money.

I have almost 90 GHS with them. Am I sure this is not a scam? No, I am not. But I am willing to take the risk.

Are other services more reliable? Not really. As long as you have your bitcoins in the cloud, no service is reliable. Take CEX as an example. They seem to be more reliable but what prohibits them to just unplug everything tomorrow and keep your bitcoins? Nothing. Do you personally know them? Do you know where to sue them in case they take your bitcoins? No...it's basically the same exact risk you have with PBMining.

I'm sorry but trawling through 960 responses for a very specific point seems rather over zealous. Unlike many others I do not have unlimited time to read through what is mostly of uninformative substance.

Of course it's my choice - no one ever said it wasn't. Doesn't mean I am not allowed to ask for further information.

Cex is irrelevant - I have not mentioned Cex once. I am evaluating PBmining based on its merits and solely on its merits and not in comparison to any other site. And just for the record - to refute your final statement there is more risk if it can't be proved that mining is occurring.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:59:05 AM

I agree with you that you can use this thread in any way which is related to the service. But it's also true that this specific topic of yours has been broadly discussed so many times. You can just go back and see what users were asking and what PBMining answered. They are not going to disclose their business plan or any other information on their operation. That's it. It's your choice to decide whether you want to trust them and invest some money or whether you don't trust them and don't invest money.

I have almost 90 GHS with them. Am I sure this is not a scam? No, I am not. But I am willing to take the risk.

Are other services more reliable? Not really. As long as you have your bitcoins in the cloud, no service is reliable. Take CEX as an example. They seem to be more reliable but what prohibits them to just unplug everything tomorrow and keep your bitcoins? Nothing. Do you personally know them? Do you know where to sue them in case they take your bitcoins? No...it's basically the same exact risk you have with PBMining.

I'm sorry but trawling through 960 responses for a very specific point seems rather over zealous. Unlike many others I do not have unlimited time to read through what is mostly of uninformative substance.

Of course it's my choice - no one ever said it wasn't. Doesn't mean I am not allowed to ask for further information.

Cex is irrelevant - I have not mentioned Cex once. I am evaluating PBmining based on its merits and solely on its merits and not in comparison to any other site. And just for the record - to refute your final statement there is more risk if it can't be proved that mining is occurring.

Take this for what it's worth, because I gave my word to not reveal everything I've been told.

But I am completely satisfied that they are indeed mining, and I've a good idea what their model is. I did NOT specifically verify the model I'm proposing here, but they did say I was on the right track. This addresses the electricity angle as well. I now personally know who the people behind PBmining are. I gave my word, so will not reveal that. They feel, and I agree, that due to the small size of their operation and the large probability of being attacked by hackers and other ne'er-do-wells that they have a large security risk by being public. They are indeed mining. It is my thought, again this part is unverified, that they are purchasing somewhere in the neighborhood of twice the hashpower that they sell. This gives them a good margin and a good profit above the costs of operation, thus the ability to sustain. The model being sell enough to keep ahead of the difficulty curve and purchase new and better hardware as necessary and possible. They are running a decent sized farm. If you do the math, even if they are only purchasing 125% of what they resell, they are able to keep ahead of the electricity/difficulty curve and continually expand. This also allows them to turn off or retarget obsolete hardware as it becomes unprofitable while still maintaining the contracts as stated.

Of course, you have little better idea of who I am than you do of them, though my real identity is known to the forum. Nevertheless, I am certain they are the real deal, and I will continue to both buy from them and promote their service.

Come to me my piggies!!!

Edit: Due to the Chuck Norris comments earlier, thought I'd clarify. That is me in the avatar, though I cut off my hair and regrew it since then. It's not blonde without a bottle, so I look a bit different right now Cheesy I don't see the resemblence, personally, but I sure won't be offended by the comparison! Chuck might, though.
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:38:19 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 09:56:30 AM by ghur

cex might have the real fancy site and the picture of "their" equipment but that doesn't make them legit!

The blocks they mine show up on the blockchain is what makes their farm legit.
It seems you're rather uninformed on the subject. Which makes it really regrettable you chose to invest money with a service you don't understand.

While any site at any time may take the money and run, there are several simple tests that prove they provide at least the service they claim to.
CEX provides full transparency on the blocks they mined and how much you got paid from each block.
All of that can be verified on the blockchain.

And that's exactly what pbmining is refusing to do. Provide simple verifiable proof they actually mine bitcoin.
And that's why pbmining is widely considered a scam.

Now, before people invest with CEX or bring up the high price per GHS.
It's a very different service and you should expect to make profit out of trading GHS, not primarily through the mining rewards.
The mining rewards are easier to be seen as being paid interest on holding GHS.

But their transparency is an example of how a mining service should be run.

We're not asking for pbmining to disclose where they live and sleep. Although a business address is very much preferred over than anonymity, there is the slightest chance their concerns regarding their safety is valid.
All we're asking for is simple transparency in their mining operation by disclosing information which is entirely unrelated to their identity and in no way would reveal their identity.
Failing to provide this trivial and non-identifying information is the biggest red flag in their entire operation. And that's why a good number of forum posters have repeatedly warned people to not use this service.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Danglez2907

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:52:25 AM

Take this for what it's worth, because I gave my word to not reveal everything I've been told.

But I am completely satisfied that they are indeed mining, and I've a good idea what their model is. I did NOT specifically verify the model I'm proposing here, but they did say I was on the right track. This addresses the electricity angle as well. I now personally know who the people behind PBmining are. I gave my word, so will not reveal that. They feel, and I agree, that due to the small size of their operation and the large probability of being attacked by hackers and other ne'er-do-wells that they have a large security risk by being public. They are indeed mining. It is my thought, again this part is unverified, that they are purchasing somewhere in the neighborhood of twice the hashpower that they sell. This gives them a good margin and a good profit above the costs of operation, thus the ability to sustain. The model being sell enough to keep ahead of the difficulty curve and purchase new and better hardware as necessary and possible. They are running a decent sized farm. If you do the math, even if they are only purchasing 125% of what they resell, they are able to keep ahead of the electricity/difficulty curve and continually expand. This also allows them to turn off or retarget obsolete hardware as it becomes unprofitable while still maintaining the contracts as stated.

Of course, you have little better idea of who I am than you do of them, though my real identity is known to the forum. Nevertheless, I am certain they are the real deal, and I will continue to both buy from them and promote their service.

Come to me my piggies!!!

Edit: Due to the Chuck Norris comments earlier, thought I'd clarify. That is me in the avatar, though I cut off my hair and regrew it since then. It's not blonde without a bottle, so I look a bit different right now Cheesy I don't see the resemblence, personally, but I sure won't be offended by the comparison! Chuck might, though.

As long as it's not Mark K from Gox's new venture..   Grin

Good to know that the people behind PBM are known to at least some forum members.

Cheers,

D
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:59:00 AM

Come to me my piggies!!!

As long as it's not Mark K from Gox's new venture..   Grin

Good to know that the people behind PBM are known to at least some forum members.

Cheers,

D

I wouldn't knowingly endorse somebody who needs to be publicly kneecapped Cheesy
SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

Guys, this is becoming tiresome Sad

Nobody (almost Wink ) knows what PB is doing or using for power source, so all those models could simply be way off track.
Some of you can't seem to even acknowledge the very wide electricity producing methods and choices out there, for gods sake!

It doesn't take that much to power to keep a couple hundreds TH/s running - it's all to feasible with small scale solar or wind solutions, not to mention natural occurring geothermal advantages some locations have and ... to say the least, bio-gas! Either from pig shit or any other form of farm-related waste that can be treated and used to mass produce electricity.

Have wondered why a guy with the handle "Biomech" seems to have some insights??
Any clues from the fact PB seems to be rather fond of pigs??

PB could actually be saving a lot of real dollars (Canadian) on waste treatment and disposal - and even making some extra money by undertaking it's neighborhoods waste in!
And has they do, they get even more power capability, hence sustaining the growth and the business model. Tongue

Making the investment in Bitcoin mining hardware and using dirt cheap power to run them might just well be another revenue stream (and maybe not even the most profitable one)

Please don't troll about profitability any longer - you simply don't have the facts.
If you don't believe it, don't use it. Plain and simple.
But don't come around pretending to be a knight in a crusade against evil-doers, please. Nobody here is innocent and dumb enough for it.
The discussion is healthy only as long as it remains relevant - some of it isn't, already.

Cheers

cisary

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:49:10 AM

Nobody (almost Wink ) knows what PB is doing or using for power source, so all those models could simply be way off track.
Some of you can't seem to even acknowledge the very wide electricity producing methods and choices out there, for gods sake!

It doesn't take that much to power to keep a couple hundreds TH/s running - it's all to feasible with small scale solar or wind solutions, not to mention natural occurring geothermal advantages some locations have and ... to say the least, bio-gas! Either from pig shit or any other form of farm-related waste that can be treated and used to mass produce electricity.

PB could actually be saving a lot of real dollars (Canadian) on waste treatment and disposal - and even making some extra money by undertaking it's neighborhoods waste in!
And has they do, they get even more power capability, hence sustaining the growth and the business model. Tongue

Making the investment in Bitcoin mining hardware and using dirt cheap power to run them might just well be another revenue stream (and maybe not even the most profitable one)

Please don't troll about profitability any longer - you simply don't have the facts.
But don't come around pretending to be a knight in a crusade against evil-doers, please. Nobody here is innocent and dumb enough for it.
The discussion is healthy only as long as it remains relevant - some of it isn't, already.

Cheers

Exactly.. respect man!  Roll Eyes After some research I can see that there is more behind the scenes. PBmining just want to protect their business (and themselves) for now.. so people should respect that / or move on.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:32:18 AM

Cheers

Hadn't thought of the pigshit angle Cheesy Not my preferred method of power generation, but it would work...

What's wrong with the handle, if I may ask? I've used it for over 20 years.
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:37:11 AM

Biomech has admitted elsewhere his profitability comes from referrals.
It's obvious he's just pushing PB to increase his referral income.

The rest of your post is entirely irrelevant to the issues at hand.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
SlientBit

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:09:31 PM

What's wrong with the handle, if I may ask? I've used it for over 20 years.

Nothing, just my rambling Grin just a twisted way to point to the "bio" part of my argument, not really an actual connection Tongue

ubel

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:18:30 PM

And this little piggy went hashing

SlientBit

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:25:02 PM

Didn't read all the posts and everywhere. Thanks for the info.

Aren't we all? I want PB to fulfill its contracts entirely, hope PB and everybody else that pay for them also.

If your referring to transparency, here's the relevance: those that claim for more transparency must be willing to give up their anonymity too, it's a two way street, sir.
Unless your willing to do so, it's just trolling, not discussing - but hey, I'm just the irrelevant guy, right, so who cares?

PM or email PB, identify yourself and demand for PB for do the same. Maybe that will ease your mind, maybe you even get to go on a site tour and see the miners.

Tracking the blockchain *might* allow you fell more comfortable, but doesn't solve any transparency issues whatsoever.
As for the rest of the information that would, well, I'll repeat myself: it's a two way street. Don't expect a business to give it up while the customer is but a handle in a internet forum. That was my point, even if irrelevant.

And now, I have also taking part in the not productive posting too, alas Sad

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

Never said otherwise, nor implied it. The question at hand was whether or not PB is mining. Not whether or not I got lucky on referrals. If you believe the company is legit and you are NOT using that avenue of revenue gathering, then I would have to wonder why not.

Unfortunately, the more I trumpet them the less referrals I seem to get Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: