Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COINO] KGW ACTIVATED - WALLET UPDATE ▬► COINO -(O)- ◄▬ The fastest Coin  (Read 233728 times)
ckoeber

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:10:28 AM

Great community + Great Dev.

Yes. Keep repeating that, cos it's all this coin's got Smiley

Well sure but that makes a difference. DogeCoin is arguably nothing but marketing and hype yet look where it's at.

If you have a sustained drive by people who really like mining this coin backed by developers who care (whether it is a community group or a company) ...

you are going to have a coin with staying power.
19lam

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:18:56 AM

Is it end this coin? Prcie only goes lower and lower...

Possibly. Now the miners are starting to dump. Whats on the exchanges isn't even a fraction of what's been mined and this trickle will turn into a bit of a torrent.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, the natural value of this coin is possibly in the 100 satoshi region if that (0.00000100) when everybody's done dumping. 3.5 million mined coins are mined every month so I can see why people want to offload them now while these prices exist. (See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419873.msg4864038#msg4864038). Once it reaches it's natural level and goes on an exchange, the price could rise from there, at which point it will be in competition with all other coins.

It's looking like a pump & dump IMO which will be history in 2 years time.

I think it depends on what the "inventors" do - if they find an investor and realise a marketing campaign successfully .. it will give the currency a real upmove ;-)

But at this time to say anything regarding the future of the coino is really to early...
demiurgu

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:01:31 AM

I installed coino qt but it is out of synk always.

Why do you think it never synks ?

coinhash

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

Make sure your date/time is accurate.   Sync up with internet time, if it's not correct the wallets won't sync up properly.

HASHRAPID.COM - Hand Picked, Only the Best FLAPPY | COINO | MINT | TOPCOIN | RUBY | WOLONG PANDA
SoreGums

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

Make sure your date/time is accurate.   Sync up with internet time, if it's not correct the wallets won't sync up properly.

Also make sure there are no firewalls in the way.

My software didn't prompt me, it just blocked it, I had to manually enable connections/allow, etc.

There is a network indicator icon bottom right of the coino-qt program that show network connectivity - if there is nothing, then no connections, not syncing.
If I were home I'd post a screenshot, I'm out atm...
smcardle

Activity: 154

Coin(O) Community Member

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:48:07 AM

Possibly. Now the miners are starting to dump. Whats on the exchanges isn't even a fraction of what's been mined and this trickle will turn into a bit of a torrent.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, the natural value of this coin is possibly in the 100 satoshi region if that (0.00000100) when everybody's done dumping. 3.5 million mined coins are mined every month so I can see why people want to offload them now while these prices exist. (See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419873.msg4864038#msg4864038). Once it reaches it's natural level and goes on an exchange, the price could rise from there, at which point it will be in competition with all other coins.

I think it depends on what the "investors" do - if coin(O) finds an investor and realise a successful marketing campaign .. it will give the currency a real movement ;-)

But at this time, to say anything regarding the future of the coin(O) is premature.. We have the normal "pump & dump" going on at the moment, and there is nothing we can do to stop this.

The future "plan" from coin(O) is just that.. A plan. They, and we, would like that an investor will come along and back this coin, but don't bank on it... There is only one group of people who will make this coin a success and that's US... The community. Don't get me wrong here, the dev's have a VERY important role to play in this. But they are the dev's and will be seen as biased. We are the community and will be seen as passionate. If we are here for the long haul, then this coin is worth investing in, dumpers or not...

Two years is a long time.. and I have stated here more than once that I will be the LAST community member to sign off. Every alt-coin has an enthusiastic launch and an expectation that it will become THE next big thing. I am not going to tell you that coin(O) is the NEXT big thing as I don't have a crystal ball and if I did I would be better on the Lotto instead.

What I will say is this... Coin(O) has a great community and a great dev team. If we, as a community, buy up the dumped coin for the low value it currently is, then WE as a community can only prosper.

I truly believe that coin(O) has a potential of $23 USD per coin, but it will NOT happen for at least the next 2 years... This means that you 2 years is just the beginning Smiley Two weeks ago we launched on an exchange at more than 2000 satoshi a coin. and even now we are still above 7000 satoshi a coin. Some would say we are over valued, I would say we are under valued, but the market will settle over the next 2 weeks and then we have to add value from ther

Join Coin(O) now - The BEST Crypt(O)currency on the planet
COINO : Uh4ZvfVrCFPkDcoBMNNkyYS4hYwsmGEidk - Coin(O) - Everything BitCoin wanted to be!!
demiurgu

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:51:47 AM

I have 0 connection to coino network.
I am using the mac version

No firewalls and the date/time is correct

demiurgu

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:58:18 AM

Also my bitcoin qt wallet is working fine
BernoulliS

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:16:55 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 11:13:48 AM by BernoulliS

Hi everyone

I've just received my steam "Total War: ROME II" game from con.poolers.org giveaway.

... this does compensate some of the losses I have because of the recent price dip  Wink.  But I'm still holding, waiting for promised CON mobile wallets, may never sell it if that actually materialize.

Good luck!

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:22:52 AM

I have 0 connection to coino network.
I am using the mac version

No firewalls and the date/time is correct

just checked my mac - I have 2 at start and 5-6 about 1 minute later
(using v0.6.3.0-g3aaa7ba-beta)

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
CoinoFan

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:26:14 AM

Don't miss the 5 CON giveaway by MyAK on reddit.com/r/coino Smiley

CON: UgGUTTYnvVkvYmABkDSLsPHFwcDqVon6z6
aircrusan

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:40:53 AM

There is allways much more people trying to buy than trying to sell coinos, however people is still selling at lower prices.

I have sell a few coinos some days ago at 0,00020 and 0,00021 btc and I can't understand why people is selling them at 0,00006 or even less  Roll Eyes
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:44:09 AM

If you think like this, not a single coin has potential... if all the coins mined would be brought to the exchange, every coin would drop dramatically. Theres only two important things to look at: what is the current market cap and what is the quality of the coin compared to coins with a higher market cap?

If vertcoin gets a market cap of 10 million with no really remarkable features at all, than coino with a professional marketing agency backing it, should have more potential in the long run...

If CoinO gets listed on Cryptsy, we'll be golden. If not, its gonna be a hard time, Cryptsy is the real first barrier for altcoins to take in their attempt to survive, if you ask me...
demiurgu

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:46:21 AM

I've just used all my btc to buy coinos Smiley
Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:57:34 AM

pretty bad moment if you ask me. Coinmarketcap only showing last 750 Coinos with a price of 5000 satoshis... after that price falls to only 1200 and lower.... with all buy support gone, things aint looking bright Sad. Last few days there is simply no demand at all for coino
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:05:45 PM

If CoinO gets listed on Cryptsy, we'll be golden. If not, its gonna be a hard time, Cryptsy is the real first barrier for altcoins to take in their attempt to survive, if you ask me...

That used to be the case but it's not any more. Cryptsy is becoming a deathbed for coins.

What happens is the price balloons just "before" it gets listed, due to low liquidity on the minority exchanges, then when it arrives it tanks.

The reason for that is that mining is now a pump and dump operation due to the sheer number of alt coins around and the exchange provides miners with demand liquidity that was not available before it went on a mainstream exchange. The urgency is to dump as soon as it's on the exchange because the price is only going to go down - not up.

Look at for example, Moon. It traded as high as 0.0000033 BTC the day before it went on cryptsy. Then once on the exchange it dropped immediately to 0.0000010 and never saw more than 15 at it's peak after that.

The only "alt" coins that are worth holding long term are ones that have been specifically designed to fulfill a certain monetary role in a crypto-economy and that have gained a foothold as such. For example Peercoin was designed to support large transactions, not point of sales ones and had appropriate thought put into it's transaction fee structure, inflation profile, ratio of proof of work / proof of stake etc etc. Similarly Prime Coin (XPM) was an evolution of peercoin and was designed to support peercoin in it's role. NxT is a network which has genuinely evolved features such as decentralised exchanges, layer 2 services and 100% proof of stake etc. Bitcoin is bitcoin - a massively powerful computing network that no-one else can match, so it's future is secured.

Those coins may or may not be successful in the long term, but all I'm saying is the dynamics of cryptocurrencies are changing all the time and "getting on an exchange" is no longer the path to a "pump", it's now the path to a "dump" do to the number of miners who's sole purpose is to use mining as a value leverage exercise.
aircrusan

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

That used to be the case but it's not any more. Cryptsy is becoming a deathbed for coins.

What happens is the price balloons just "before" it gets listed, due to low liquidity on the minority exchanges, then when it arrives it tanks.

The reason for that is that mining is now a pump and dump operation due to the sheer number of alt coins around and the exchange provides miners with demand liquidity that was not available before it went on a mainstream exchange. The urgency is to dump as soon as it's on the exchange because the price is only going to go down - not up.

Look at for example, Moon. It traded as high as 0.0000033 BTC the day before it went on cryptsy. Then once on the exchange it dropped immediately to 0.0000010 and never saw more than 15 at it's peak after that.

The only "alt" coins that are worth holding long term are ones that have been specifically designed to fulfill a certain monetary role in a crypto-economy and that have gained a foothold as such. For example Peercoin was designed to support large transactions, not point of sales ones and had appropriate thought put into it's transaction fee structure, inflation profile, ratio of proof of work / proof of stake etc etc. Similarly Prime Coin (XPM) was an evolution of peercoin and was designed to support peercoin in it's role. NxT is a network which has genuinely evolved features such as decentralised exchanges, layer 2 services and 100% proof of stake etc. Bitcoin is bitcoin - a massively powerful computing network that no-one else can match, so it's future is secured.

Those coins may or may not be successful in the long term, but all I'm saying is the dynamics of cryptocurrencies are changing all the time and "getting on an exchange" is no longer the path to a "pump", it's now the path to a "dump" do to the number of miners who's sole purpose is to use mining as a value leverage exercise.

Amazing analysis...  Shocked
Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:11:42 PM

tru, but not all succesfull alts have to be innovatie. Marketing can do a significant part of the job, as is proven by Quark and Doge.
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

pretty bad moment if you ask me. Coinmarketcap only showing last 750 Coinos with a price of 5000 satoshis... after that price falls to only 1200 and lower.... with all buy support gone, things aint looking bright Sad. Last few days there is simply no demand at all for coino

Where can you see these stats? I checked http://coinmarketcap.com but Coino doesn't seem to be listed yet.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:34:30 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 02:10:36 PM by toknormal

tru, but not all succesfull alts have to be innovatie. Marketing can do a significant part of the job, as is proven by Quark and Doge.

I don't think it can actually.

Quark was an exceptional case because it got promoted by Bill Still who is a massive figure in the financial blogisphere. It also got a mention by Max Keiser. There are other reasons why Quark survives - one of them being that it got established a few months ago before there was a tsunami of other alt coins. Another being that it has a unique algorithm - "Quark" algorithm with high security hashing. That said, it may or may not survive.

Another thing that people get wrong about cryptocoins I think is that they need to be able to handle "point of sale" transactions well and fast. My opinion on that is that if any cryptocurrency ever gets near a grocer's or supermarket in any substantial way, they are not going to be doing blockchain transactions. Payment processors will handle the trade in the same way as cryptocurrency exchanges do right now. i.e. when you do a trade on an exchange, it happens instantly - nothing to do with that coin's blockchain speed - because the exchange is acting as a "payment processor" and managing the trade between 2 accounts. So it's just numbers that are involved, not blockchains. Only later are the account balances migrated to the blockchain to be "set in stone". Thats the way supermarkets work today and it's the way they'll work in a cryptocurrency economy as well. Payment processors support other functions essential to point of sale operations, such as reversing payments (when the next customer's cornflakes accidentally get rung through your till), voiding, handling discounts and store cards - all sorts of stuff that blockchains were never designed for and never will be.

As the flood of "alts" becomes a torrent, it will be increasingly difficult for a coin to be successful just on "marketing". Doge simply has absolutely massive liquidity - it will never be worth anything because its primary job (as I see it Smiley ) is to provide liquidity, not value preservation. What do people do when they make money on alts ?...convert it straight away to bitcoin. (Or if you're me, Peercoin, Primecoin or LItecoin) because those are the cryptoeconomy "banks" that can be relied upon as a store of value. Other coins will have different roles and if one of them is liquidity then it can't also be store of value any more than the US Dollar can.

All this stuff is complex, multi-dimensional and has to be thought about when considering what you're investing in, why and for how long.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: