Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:41:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 [6281] 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:13:00 AM

When Dash transactions get locked (to enable fast transactions and prevent double spending), who or what is in control of the "locking"?
Thanks

A set of 10 (pseudo-) randomly, but deterministically selected Masternodes.
Thank you. You're probably not totally surprised Smiley, that that sounds a tad confusing.

So they are randomly selected but there is a deterministic component too?   Huh

It's based on the blockhash from the proofofwork for a  block, and those hashes cannot be predicted before the block is mined, That's the random component.
Once a block is found, this hash and some other (Masternode-) attributes are used to compute the 10 Masternodes responsible for locking. This is the deterministic component.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eastwind_ja

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:29:16 AM

can somebody tell me , what reason makes Dash rising so  fast and so high?  unbelievable

megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:07:59 AM

can somebody tell me , what reason makes Dash rising so  fast and so high?  unbelievable

look 2 post above yours, no clue why you just ask something but not reading at least the last 1-2 pages ... but no offense, i'm curious if you will read at least the replay to your post Tongue

My answer is as said in a quote, 2 posts above your question, if you are unhappy with my "explanation" of the rising, then say so, other views are welcome!

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:27:49 AM

When Dash transactions get locked (to enable fast transactions and prevent double spending), who or what is in control of the "locking"?
Thanks

Thank you. You're probably not totally surprised Smiley, that that sounds a tad confusing.

It's based on the blockhash from the proofofwork for a  block, and those hashes cannot be predicted before the block is mined, That's the random component.
Once a block is found, this hash and some other (Masternode-) attributes are used to compute the 10 Masternodes responsible for locking. This is the deterministic component.

Thanks again. So there is a bias towards certain MN's?
If so what are these attributes?

thanks Smiley
raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:36:08 AM

Thanks

Thanks again. So there is a bias towards certain MN's?
If so what are these attributes?

thanks Smiley

InstantSend (formerly InstantX) Transactions in Dash version 12 are secured using a consensus of deterministically selected masternodes. This set of masternodes is informally termed quorum and must be in a majority agreement, at least six out of ten, for a successful lock of the transaction inputs.

Quorums are self-selected on a per-transaction basis using a combination of three elements: Transaction Age, Block Height, and Masternode Funding Transaction.

Transaction Age

When an InstantSend transaction is broadcast, the age of the first unspent input in the transaction influences which proof of work hash to use as entropy for quorum selection.  All InstantSend inputs must be at least six blocks old or the transaction will be rejected.

Block Height

The age of the first InstantSend input is then subtracted from the current blockchain height. To prevent using transaction malleability to influence quorum selection, four is then added to the calculated block height to guarantee choosing a block generated after the input was created.

Masternode Funding Transaction

Each masternode receiving the InstantSend transaction lock request then compares the hash of its funding transaction to the hash of the block calculated above.  After validating the inputs are not spent, the top ten masternodes closest to this proof of work hash broadcast their acceptance of the lock.

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Quorum+Selection

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:36:18 AM

My friend is starting a really cool asylum for people who feel like they live in a loop
its a really nice place with friendly people

just wondered if there was any longtime member here who would want to apply

It is really hard to get into this program but Im willing to do my best getting you into the program

This program is fully private..
msg me for more info IceBREAKER

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

For all of the "why is dash @ 100 $" questions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/606fz4/my_final_margin_call/

Thats one of the dash shorters who lost 150 btc and bring us to higher prices, and im quite sure there are many more of these kind .

"All because of one position, I lost it all. Yes, I know it was stupid. Yes, I know you shouldn't short, especially in a bull market. Yes, I know that I should have cut my losses fast. From the first worrying -2 BTC to the slightly terrifying -20 BTC, watching my losses grow and grow. Everyone told me to close the position: but I told them, are you retarded? Do you want me to close out with a $2,000 loss when it's so clear DASH is going to crash? Do you want me to close with a $10,000 loss when this is clearly a bubble? Do you want me to close with a $50,000 loss when I can easily make $20,000 if I just wait this out?"

^^ Thats what i mean if i say this bull run is driven by shorters (ofc thats not the only cause, but its a big multiplier), who can't believe dash has potential, because there is so much hate against dash and so much fud, they can't believe it went to 20 $ to 30 $ ... to 100 $ ... these are the ones who are squeezed hard on that run and did a good job in making dash price x10 !

I'm realy sorry for them, and i blame iceshitter and his troll crew for destroying thousands of lifes with theire fud against dash !!!

Yep. The only people that have been "scammed" are those that listened to the haters, trolls, and DASH FUDers over the years and due to being duped lost significant money during this run up. Shame on all the trolls! I really feel for this guy.

This is heartbreaking. The overconfidence of Dash haters is really unmatched.
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:15:49 AM

Will we see Dash going up like Bitcoin 2013 Huh
andron8383

Activity: 333

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:37:59 AM

Do you think that if BTC will keep falling you will find many new outide crypto fools to rush into Dash ? Cheesy
If BTC keep rising Dash will keep grow, once BTC will keep fall you will see end of next 20x Dash rise dream.

To be fair i must say is better for BTC to DASH shut up in air like 5x from now.
Market have to give signal those BTC miners that they fees are not worth shit when coins like Dash are eating their market share and will do it constantly. This is good for Dash more eyes look at it as alternative while BTC lose market control.
BTC will make changes but that can be to slow and whole BTC dominance illusion will vanish.
I think that Dash on BTC problems can rise a bit more. Once BTC will fork and move with Segwit/LN price will rebalance .
But Segwit is setuped to overtake network at 95% so change can come toooo late IMO.

At end BTC big fail is not good for Dash because BTC has driven people into Dash if that main big crypto fails it will put shade on all crypto projects.In long run is better to all crypto rise around BTC and after some time maybe surpass it but not today.
Crypto have to be regulated and widely used to make such thing.

Do you really think that people outside crypto world will rush for Dash after BTC disaster ?
Today to Dash is atracting people angry on BTC but those are in limited numbers IMO.
If BTC goes into bear market because no solution it will fall in price, and you will see Dash correction but few months later.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:08:27 AM

Nice to see here new people after some times of "circle jerking" (the quote is my personal tribute to the resident trolls, because they deserve some kind of reward after they worked very well for us).  Kiss
Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:12:53 AM

Thats one of the dash shorters who lost 150 btc and bring us to higher prices, and im quite sure there are many more of these kind .

"All because of one position, I lost it all. Yes, I know it was stupid. Yes, I know you shouldn't short, especially in a bull market. Yes, I know that I should have cut my losses fast. From the first worrying -2 BTC to the slightly terrifying -20 BTC, watching my losses grow and grow. Everyone told me to close the position: but I told them, are you retarded? Do you want me to close out with a $2,000 loss when it's so clear DASH is going to crash? Do you want me to close with a $10,000 loss when this is clearly a bubble? Do you want me to close with a $50,000 loss when I can easily make $20,000 if I just wait this out?"

^^ Thats what i mean if i say this bull run is driven by shorters (ofc thats not the only cause, but its a big multiplier), who can't believe dash has potential, because there is so much hate against dash and so much fud, they can't believe it went to 20 $ to 30 $ ... to 100 $ ... these are the ones who are squeezed hard on that run and did a good job in making dash price x10 !

I'm realy sorry for them, and i blame iceshitter and his troll crew for destroying thousands of lifes with theire fud against dash !!!

Let this be a cautionary tale for all traders and investors alike... This poor schmuck was loaning my Dash at sometimes ridiculous rates of APR equivalent interest all the way up... This Reddit post should be pinned at the top of the polo trollbox as a warning to all traders.

TL DR - If you're smart you don't need leverage to make money, if you're dumb you have no business using it!

Walter
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:23:38 AM

Do you think that if BTC will keep falling you will find many new outide crypto fools to rush into Dash ? Cheesy
If BTC keep rising Dash will keep grow, once BTC will keep fall you will see end of next 20x Dash rise dream.

To be fair i must say is better for BTC to DASH shut up in air like 5x from now.
Market have to give signal those BTC miners that they fees are not worth shit when coins like Dash are eating their market share and will do it constantly. This is good for Dash more eyes look at it as alternative while BTC lose market control.
BTC will make changes but that can be to slow and whole BTC dominance illusion will vanish.
I think that Dash on BTC problems can rise a bit more. Once BTC will fork and move with Segwit/LN price will rebalance .
But Segwit is setuped to overtake network at 95% so change can come toooo late IMO.

At end BTC big fail is not good for Dash because BTC has driven people into Dash if that main big crypto fails it will put shade on all crypto projects.In long run is better to all crypto rise around BTC and after some time maybe surpass it but not today.
Crypto have to be regulated and widely used to make such thing.

Do you really think that people outside crypto world will rush for Dash after BTC disaster ?
Today to Dash is atracting people angry on BTC but those are in limited numbers IMO.
If BTC goes into bear market because no solution it will fall in price, and you will see Dash correction but few months later.

BTC is still into strong position that is just epic drama going about the current which helped the DASH to get some shares from the market otherwise there is no reason for this big rise. DASH is looking promising at this stage but correction phase soon will take place till than enjoy.
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:43:26 AM

BTC is still into strong position that is just epic drama going about the current which helped the DASH to get some shares from the market otherwise there is no reason for this big rise. DASH is looking promising at this stage but correction phase soon will take place till than enjoy.

Did you notice by any chance that this "correction" is expected since Dash at 10$ (not 30, 10)?

And that people like you, btw, called the "imminent crash" since 4 months?

I don't know what is happening in the future; I know the past btw, and right now you didn't nailed it once. Maybe dash will go up, maybe down, maybe stabilize at 100$, for sure it didn't collapsed to 2-3$ as a bunch of strange people are writing.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 10:43:42 AM

Yep. The only people that have been "scammed" are those that listened to the haters, trolls, and DASH FUDers over the years and due to being duped lost significant money during this run up. Shame on all the trolls! I really feel for this guy.

This is similar in the stockmarket. I watched that for 30 years. The shorts always provide the fuel to drive the final phase of a crazy rally. The majority of them close out by buying at the top , because they cannot maintain the margin. Only a few reap the benefits of the decline, which is all the greater because of the excessive prices reached. A peak driven by shorts can lead to a 90% fall.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:07:27 PM

This is similar in the stockmarket. I watched that for 30 years. The shorts always provide the fuel to drive the final phase of a crazy rally. The majority of them close out by buying at the top , because they cannot maintain the margin. Only a few reap the benefits of the decline, which is all the greater because of the excessive prices reached. A peak driven by shorts can lead to a 90% fall.

You just don't get it, right?
This is similar to nothing else. DASH is on its own way. Nothing else. Except the part where Bitcoin weaknesses did it to all top alts.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:12:54 PM

This is similar to nothing else. DASH is on its own way. Nothing else. Except the part where Bitcoin weaknesses did it to all top alts.

Many people don't get it because they try to judge by their past altcoin experiences or purely on technical analysis, but Dash's economics, fundamentals and game theory incentives make it a very different animal. So as far as Dash goes, expect the unexpected.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:20:59 PM

It was not possible, dash will fall if bitcoin has penetrated $2000
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 01:24:02 PM

I get the underlying structure, yes. Every currency is on its own way, ultimately. Bitcoin uncertainties, agree, another factor.

The shorting ability merely adds fuel to the rally, and is an additional factor.

Price doesn't move one way indefinitely, whatever its trend. It is helpful to be alert to the possibilty of falls as well as rises.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:24:09 PM

Domain darkcoincash.com FOR SALE
Bid starting : BTC25
DASH : Dark Coin CASH..!!
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:27:29 PM

It was not possible, dash will fall if bitcoin has penetrated $2000

Bitcoin going to $1 has the same possibility as going to $10000.
Same for Dash. It can go to $500, and it can go to $1. Or $<put your number here>.

Every time someone says something is not possible, I have to think of this: https://99bitcoins.com/price-chart-history/
And you know, at some point in time, most of 'specialist' and 'experts' said it's not possible to fly with devices heavier that air. Well, they were wrong. weren't they ?
Pages: « 1 ... 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 [6281] 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: