Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:03:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 [6698] 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:05:10 PM

Why Do We Really Need Women in Blockchain?

In a recent podcast, the subject of increasing participation levels of women in blockchain came up, a goal for which I expressed enthusiastic support. However, I received some comments pushing back against this idea. It seems as though not everyone is completely sold on the idea of explicitly targeting the female demographic for inclusion into the cryptoverse. As such, I might as well explain more thoroughly why I think we need women in blockchain.

I don't think blockchain tech is only for specific gender than why we specially tag this with any gender? This is very confusing article from my point of view. It is against the nature of blockchain which allows everyone to use this without any restriction and limit.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:54:41 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2018, 05:53:32 PM by qwizzie

In a recent podcast, the subject of increasing participation levels of women in blockchain came up, a goal for which I expressed enthusiastic support. However, I received some comments pushing back against this idea. It seems as though not everyone is completely sold on the idea of explicitly targeting the female demographic for inclusion into the cryptoverse. As such, I might as well explain more thoroughly why I think we need women in blockchain.

I don't think blockchain tech is only for specific gender than why we specially tag this with any gender? This is very confusing article from my point of view. It is against the nature of blockchain which allows everyone to use this without any restriction and limit.

Just take a look at the comments in this budget proposal, which has the goal to promote Dash with focusing on women as consumers and potential Dash users : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/women_in_dash

This indicates to me that Dash (and other cryptoprojects, as the women-unfriendly sentiment found in those comments are pretty much echoed throughout the cryptoscene) is currently not gender neutral and
that Dash is missing out on reaching a very large demographic targetgroup.  

In any advertising / marketing campaign its pretty normal to focus on a specific gender or specific age group in order to reach a specified target population, even in election voting campaigns that is the case.
These advertising / marketing campaigns are not seen as starting some kind of new feminist wave or advancing certain age groups, they are just ment to reach their intended target group more effectively and are regnoniced as such.

Maybe its time that Dash does the same, in order to increase its number of users and increase its usage.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:38:58 PM

Women, just do it. I cannot see any barrier for you. Perhaps they are simply not as greedy as men? Come on, women, get as greedy as them, that I can treat you equal and get your money too.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:10:54 PM

Just take a look at the comments in this budget proposal, which has the goal to promote Dash with focusing on women as consumers and potential Dash users : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/women_in_dash

This indicates to me that Dash (and other cryptoprojects, as the women-unfriendly sentiment found in those comments are pretty much echoed throughout the cryptoscene) is currently not gender neutral and

In any advertising / marketing campaign its pretty normal to focus on a specific gender or specific age group in order to reach a specified target population, even in election voting campaigns that is the case.
These advertising / marketing campaigns are not seen as starting some kind of new feminist wave or advancing certain age groups, they are just ment to reach their intended target group more effectively and are regnoniced as such.

Maybe its time that Dash does the same, in order to increase its number of users and increase its usage.  

Its good that this project recognizes women's immense potential to influence the cryptoverse and there is no denying that thewy fulfill as equal with men in our society. Imho.
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:47:19 PM

The easiest way to generate new users is to offer a great deal of utility. People should use Dash because they want and need it.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:26:17 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2018, 12:40:39 AM by qwizzie

The easiest way to generate new users is to offer a great deal of utility. People should use Dash because they want and need it.

At some point utility needs to be marketed and advertised in order to reach new users. A product can have all the utility of the world, but if that world is unaware (and remains unaware) of this utility then that product will never reach mainstream adoption.
Dash will have a product once Dash Evolution comes out, after which some thought should really be put into the marketing / advertising aspect : who are our target groups ? what is our overall marketing strategy ? How do we sell Dash to non-tech users ?
How do we sell Dash to women ? How do we sell Dash to certain age groups ? How do we keep Dash connected to tech-interested men ? All these aspects require different marketing / advertising strategies.  

Take for example HTC, a mobile phone builder who became a market leader when it designed one of the first Android smartphones adding refinement to Google's new mobile operating system back in those early days.
Its current products still possess the utility aspect, but due to a lack of consistent marketing / advertising HTC descended pretty much to non-existence.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:30:24 AM

Dash Core’s Bradley Zastrow: Crypto criticism fair in many cases

https://coinrivet.com/dash-cores-bradley-zastrow-crypto-criticism-fair-in-many-cases/

WOPR

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Birb.co Bounty and Airdrop Manager

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:31:50 AM

Seems like a good entry point now that price is low. This is just a hiccup..once market stabilizes price correction will occur. Just my opinion, not to be taken as financial advice.

NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:05:19 PM

Dash's Zastrow: Cryptocurrency Criticism Fair Until Real Usage Achieved

Bradley Zastrow, Dash Core Group’s Global Head of Business Development, recently discussed the successes and pitfalls of the current cryptocurrency ecosystem and how it can be improved further.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:25:03 AM

Dash Network Elected Trust Protectors: Closing the Governance Loop by Ryan Taylor

https://blog.dash.org/dash-network-elected-trust-protectors-closing-the-governance-loop-4f07b46da03e

mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 06:03:55 AM

Dash Network Elected Trust Protectors: Closing the Governance Loop by Ryan Taylor

https://blog.dash.org/dash-network-elected-trust-protectors-closing-the-governance-loop-4f07b46da03e

Yes, Dash is always the silent killer in the market because even though many people are not hearing much news about the Dash but this coin generating huge volumes due to its popularity kept increasing. It will have more demand in the coming days but we need to wait until the market starts recovering.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:19:24 PM

TIME Recognizes Importance of Cryptocurrency As Industry Lacks Strong Leader

TIME, the popular magazine and news outlet, details how cryptocurrencies can improve freedom around the world, but still needs to make significant improvements.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 07:57:40 PM

Dash Gains 4,000+ Merchants, Dozens of Integrations, Historical Developments in 2018

While 2018 was a year characterized by many as the year of one of the harshest bear markets for cryptocurrency to date, the Dash network experienced record growth over the course of the year in developments and adoption. Dash took over as arguably the most used cryptocurrency for payments and retail use, with long-term transaction data backing this up, as well as thousands of merchants added and dozens of new integrations. By every metric other than market capitalization and price, 2018 was a resounding success for Dash.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 08:35:32 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2019, 09:44:56 AM by qwizzie

Interesting site to compare crypto currencies : https://messari.io/onchainfx
(actually you can compare pretty much anything crypto-related in there, including number of active addresses, number of transactions, number of payments)

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:14:25 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2019, 11:45:13 AM by solowhizkid

Crypto Africa Roundup: Dash in Nigeria, Peer-to-Peer Trades Growing in Africa

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/01/crypto-africa-roundup-dash-in-nigeria-peer-to-peer-trades-growing-in-africa/

#dash_force

DASH - Top performing coin in 2018

https://zycrypto.com/the-top-10-best-performing-cryptocurrencies-of-2018/

#dash_force

Dash [DASH] flying high in bullish zone: Technical Analysis

https://bcfocus.com/cryptocurrency-analysis/dash-dash-flying-high-in-bullish-zone-technical-analysis/46367/

#dash_force
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:12:12 PM

Electrum Wallet Phishing Attack Displays Need for Concise Vigilance

A few days ago, the Electrum Wallet came under a phishing attack that stole almost 250 Bitcoin (around $900,000 USD).

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:24:03 PM

Dash DAO Announces Trust Protectors Election in March, Next Step in Dash Decentralization

Dash has announced an election date for Trust Protectors of the Dash DAO Irrevocable Trust, furthering the efficiency of the Dash network’s decentralization.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:19:48 PM

More Countries Abandon US Dollar, Cryptocurrency is Possible Alternative

Countries around the world, such as China, India, Iran, Turkey, Russia, Venezuela, and others are abandoning the United States dollar for alternative payment methods to take back their sovereignty.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:12:23 PM

Dash Adoption in Colombia Speeds Past 300 Merchants

Dash adoption in Colombia has been rapidly increasing and recently passed the threshold of 300 merchants and 25% growth in active wallets.

George Donnelly, Coordinator of Dash Colombia, went on to highlight that the majority of merchants they onboard in Colombia are encountering cryptocurrency for the first time or they have only heard of Dash before.

tranthidung
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4012

Farewell o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 04:27:00 AM

2018 is a year fully dedicated on community expansions, partnerships accumulation, and internal developments.
The last year built strong foundation for next growths of DASH.
Dash Gains 4,000+ Merchants, Dozens of Integrations, Historical Developments in 2018

DASH has become widely adopted not only in Colombia, but also in Venezuela and so many nations in Latin America as well as Africa.
Dash Adoption in Colombia Speeds Past 300 Merchants

The latest changes in real world have given crypto assests, including DASH perfect opportunities to rocket.
More Countries Abandon US Dollar, Cryptocurrency is Possible Alternative

DASH is one of the best crypto in terms of decentralisation maintenance over its history.
Some altcoins fall into nearly centralised, but DASH has not.
Dash DAO Announces Trust Protectors Election in March, Next Step in Dash Decentralization

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 [6698] 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: