Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 [6741] 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722490 times)
Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 07:39:08 AM

+
Dash Android Wallet v6.4.5 Released !
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/download/v6.4.5/dash-wallet-6.4.5.apk
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:39:39 PM

This Week In Dash: June 3rd - June 8th

Dash once again had a productive week of developments, integrations, and general news. Continue reading to get a summary of the week!

no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 01:00:44 PM

Dash Activates DKG Spork, LLMQs Enhancing Network Security and Performance

Dash has recently activated the DKG (distributed key generation) DIP 0006, which is a protocol that enables the formation of Long-Living Masternode Quorms to enhance the performance and scalability of the network.

So I wonder what is the maximum capacity that DASH as it is now could handle? How many tx per second?
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 02:50:46 PM

All-In-One Financial Services Wallets: Dream Fix or Red Herring?

By itself, a cryptocurrency wallet is useless to most people

Theoretically, cryptocurrency wallets work much the same way as modern payment apps: they let you send money to friends and family and make payments. Practically, payment apps let you pay for goods and services from nearly every source imaginable, while wallet’s aren’t good for much. How many vendors in your town accept it? How many online retailers? How many friends have any to send to you? Can your place of employment send you any for salary?

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 09:43:07 PM

Thank Joel....great article.  It encapsulates everything I've thought...and the reason why I've backed DASH this whole time.  OG crypto ecosystem just doesn't get it.  That is why Bitcoin adoption has stopped growing and is in fact shrinking.  It is why all these other "crypto" projects wont succeed either.  They are built and run by fringe members of society like cyber punks and crypto anarchists that don't value the rest of society.  And thus will always fail in mass adoption because they can't relate.

It would be sad if dash gave up on anonymity and would allow mass surveilance on its users.
But that is what it has to do if it wants to get positive reviews from the western fake news media in the future.
However we already have such a coin its called "Ripple" thus theres no need for another one.

There are plenty coins with transparent blockchain, mainly bitcoin clones that get absolutely no attention at all.
Dash would not privacy would be Dash without fungibility, I am sure no one in the community can seriously consider that as a viable option.

Have I missed anything important or what is this discussion about? DASH isn't considering giving up on anonymity, is it?

That is an old thread you are quoting, and if you read the initial post and the replies that followed carefully then you know this is not about a consideration on giving up on anonymity. It's about an opinion raised in the first post  that Dash will never get any real love from the Bitcoin community even if there was no instamine, or even if Dash did not develop the anonymity / privacy part. The first post goes into the why of that opinion (providing social and cultural reasons).

Personally I believe Dash perception and image has been improved this year, after it kept integrating, expanding and following through on its long road towards Dash Evolution and thereby making Dash both more easy to use and more easy to obtain. I guess we changed from the black sheep of the crypto scene to the somewhat more greyish sheep of the crypto scene  Undecided

Do you really think DASH has ever been the black sheep of the scene? I mean there have been massive scams out there and DASH can neither count into that category nor be a category of its own in that regard.

What i do know is that Dash for a time was under constant attacks by trolls, had (and still has) difficulty getting any references (positive or negative) on Coindesk and was constantly hammered on its instamine history. This by itself could give people the impression that Dash was viewed
as the black sheep of the market. That impression does not necessarily mean it should be viewed as fact, and the article that
started this all was an opinion article so far i can tell.

Personally i rather view Dash as a crypto project in an underdog position (especially in the early years) fighting for regnonition of its achievements, rather then viewing it as a black sheep.

True although the instamine story wasn't wrong was it? Then again you could argue that the distribution of most of the coins is questionable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 09:52:29 PM

Dash is about to get another service accepting DASH for payments

Company SetupMasternodes launched support for Dash in March 2018 and this week the platform will go live to the community

accept $DASH as payment

https://www.setupmasternodes.com

Telegram: https://t.me/setupmasterndes

Twitter: https://twitter.com/setupmasternode

First 100 registered users of the platform will receive 50% discount on the ebook called Masternodes 101 https://setupmasternodes.com/masternodes101
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:10:59 AM

Thank Joel....great article.  It encapsulates everything I've thought...and the reason why I've backed DASH this whole time.  OG crypto ecosystem just doesn't get it.  That is why Bitcoin adoption has stopped growing and is in fact shrinking.  It is why all these other "crypto" projects wont succeed either.  They are built and run by fringe members of society like cyber punks and crypto anarchists that don't value the rest of society.  And thus will always fail in mass adoption because they can't relate.

It would be sad if dash gave up on anonymity and would allow mass surveilance on its users.
But that is what it has to do if it wants to get positive reviews from the western fake news media in the future.
However we already have such a coin its called "Ripple" thus theres no need for another one.

There are plenty coins with transparent blockchain, mainly bitcoin clones that get absolutely no attention at all.
Dash would not privacy would be Dash without fungibility, I am sure no one in the community can seriously consider that as a viable option.

Have I missed anything important or what is this discussion about? DASH isn't considering giving up on anonymity, is it?

That is an old thread you are quoting, and if you read the initial post and the replies that followed carefully then you know this is not about a consideration on giving up on anonymity. It's about an opinion raised in the first post  that Dash will never get any real love from the Bitcoin community even if there was no instamine, or even if Dash did not develop the anonymity / privacy part. The first post goes into the why of that opinion (providing social and cultural reasons).

Personally I believe Dash perception and image has been improved this year, after it kept integrating, expanding and following through on its long road towards Dash Evolution and thereby making Dash both more easy to use and more easy to obtain. I guess we changed from the black sheep of the crypto scene to the somewhat more greyish sheep of the crypto scene  Undecided

Do you really think DASH has ever been the black sheep of the scene? I mean there have been massive scams out there and DASH can neither count into that category nor be a category of its own in that regard.

What i do know is that Dash for a time was under constant attacks by trolls, had (and still has) difficulty getting any references (positive or negative) on Coindesk and was constantly hammered on its instamine history. This by itself could give people the impression that Dash was viewed
as the black sheep of the market. That impression does not necessarily mean it should be viewed as fact, and the article that

Personally i rather view Dash as a crypto project in an underdog position (especially in the early years) fighting for regnonition of its achievements, rather then viewing it as a black sheep.

True although the instamine story wasn't wrong was it? Then again you could argue that the distribution of most of the coins is questionable.

No, the instamine story was not wrong. Trolls just tried really hard to falsely tie it all to a premine and a scam. Also a lot of other crypto projects had questionable distribution / startup problems.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:57:55 PM

No, the instamine story was not wrong. Trolls just tried really hard to falsely tie it all to a premine and a scam. Also a lot of other crypto projects had questionable distribution / startup problems.

instamine = mining instantly after launch to grab tremendous amount of coins by the founder and his friends to be later on placed as collateral to dictate the future of dash.

yup the instamine story was not wrong  Wink
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:39:29 PM

Dash Enabled VegaWallet and CoinFlip Form Partnership To Advance Real World Usability

VegaWallet and CoinFlip, which have both previously integrated Dash, will now be partnering together to advance real world usability by VegaWallet becoming the official wallet of CoinFlip and integrating many their cryptocurrency ATM network options.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 03:53:24 PM

Craig Wright isn't my favorite person

its not very smart to idolize muggy Satoshi-wannabee Craig Wright
like Icey seems to be doing .. nope, not smart at all. But then again we are talking about Icey here,
not exactly our brightest trolll out there.

That's not how you idolize Craig Wright.

THIS is how you idolize Craig Wright:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Now that is some grade A brown nosing!  Grin

How proud Joel, Basilpop/Macrochip/Fabio, and TheDesertLynx must be of fervently following ProfFauxtus the Bcash Thought Leader on his path of on-chain scaling glory (AKA Fauxtoshi's TRUE VISION!!!).

Let's continue following this hilarious tale of Dash being utterly bamboozled by the master of the art, who is impossible to idolize sufficiently...

So Dash really believed Fauxtoshi was going to prevent segwit single-handed?  That's some pretty serious idolization, and getting into fetish territory.

Of course then we come to this plot twist.  

Hmm, I wonder what happened to the cozy arrangement between the Cashies and the Dashies?  Trouble in scammer paradise?  Honeymoon over after 2X failed and Dash floundered?  Maybe the "PR" checks being laundered through Wachsman stopped during crypto winter?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7938

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 04:13:41 PM

Hmm, I wonder what happened to the cozy arrangement between the Cashies and the Dashies?  Trouble in scammer paradise?  Honeymoon over after 2X failed and Dash floundered?  Maybe the "PR" checks being laundered through Wachsman stopped during crypto winter?

Oh look, its Dash's biggest fan, woke up from his hibernation due to the fact that the Dash market cap is threatening to flip that of XMR's. His epically mental trolling saga continues; for what reason, nobody really knows. Anyway, the fact that iCEBREAKER is posting here has been confirmed multiple times in the past to be a bullish indicator, that is, if you're into TA and that sort of thing. 

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 04:54:56 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2019, 05:23:31 PM by qwizzie

Its rather funny that whenever Icey posts anything these days in here, it automatically creates these bullish waves within the Dash community.
If i were a troll like Icey that just wants to create fear, uncertainty and doubt within a community, that would bother me.  Undecided

#IceyDegradedToOneNightStandComedy
#IceyBrokenByDash
#REKT

Edit : And no ariel my little mermaid, you are not getting any hashtags from me untill you post as much senseless dribble as Icey does in here  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 05:58:39 PM

Coinroom Exchange Vanishes, Reveals Dash InstantSend Advantage for Traders

The disappearance of Poland-based cryptocurrency exchange, Coinroom on April 02, 2019 left another stain on the fabric of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Having discovered this development on May 31, and confirming the details surrounding it, Polish news site Money.pl ascertained that the President of the defunct exchange, Tomasz Zbigniew Wiewióra relocated to Estonia to open another business, typical of an exit scam.

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 06:00:04 PM

sell all the dash!

LOL

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 12:59:02 AM

instamine = mining instantly after launch to grab tremendous amount of coins by the founder and his friends to be later on placed as collateral to dictate the future of dash.

yup the instamine story was not wrong  Wink

Look! The little girl is back!!

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:36:50 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2019, 02:33:48 PM by solowhizkid

Crypto.com Lists DASH

https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/crypto-com-lists-dash-888986863.html

#dash_force

Why and how you can accept Dash as a merchant explained in Pidgin English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UcXvYIP6g

#dash_force

Where can you buy and Spend Dash in Nigeria explained in Pidgin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y94ixPdpniU

#dash_force
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 01:15:45 PM

Google Issues Core Updates, CCN Forced to Shut Down from Drastic Decrease in Visibility

Google recently released their June 2019 Core Update, which immediately decreased the webpage visibility for many news sites, including CCN seeing a 53.1% drop on desktop and 71.5% drop on mobile forcing them to shut down operations.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:52:45 PM

Crypto.com Platform Integrates Dash Including Debit Card, Promotional Dash Giveaway

The Crypto.com platform has added Dash, including to its debit card solution, and has launched a promotional Dash giveaway campaign.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:37:14 PM

Dash Text Offers SMS Text Feature in US, Expands Telegram Integration and Charity Program

Dash Text, the popular mobile wallet that enables consumers to send money via SMS, is continuing its expansion in the US due to popular demand by offering direct SMS integration after making Dash Text for Telegram available and introducing a second school into its charity program.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:07:25 PM

📽️ Dash News Recap: DKG Spork Activated, Blockchair Data, BigONE Exchange, Cryptobuyer + Dash LATAM & Thailand!

This is a repost of the Dash News Recap video with presenter Heidi Chakos from our YouTube channel. This show is dedicated to keeping you up to date with recent Dash news highlights.

Pages: « 1 ... 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 [6741] 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: