Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 [2168] 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:26:28 PM

Wallets v9.11.6 (stable) and v10.11.6 were merged overnight and are now available for download.

Please update at your first convenience.

http://goo.gl/0NzEDn

darkcoind for linux  v.10.11.5 had 53 MB. The new one under 10MB. I did try to start it on the server and got a fault massage.
Anything wrong or did i make something wrong ?

I don't have a linux box handy, but the binary tgz alone is over 15MB.  Did you compile from source or download binary?

downloaded the binary

What's the error message?
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:29:44 PM

Wallets v9.11.6 (stable) and v10.11.6 were merged overnight and are now available for download.

http://goo.gl/0NzEDn

darkcoind for linux  v.10.11.5 had 53 MB. The new one under 10MB. I did try to start it on the server and got a fault massage.

I don't have a linux box handy, but the binary tgz alone is over 15MB.  Did you compile from source or download binary?

downloaded the binary

Segmentation fault

version 11.05 and 11.04 were stored under this link http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind

There are some guides that uses these adresses ( wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind ) and also scripts to update.
Maybe store the actual wallets always in these folders to voin problems with update the masternodes. Thanks
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:38:16 PM

linux  darkcoin-0.9.11.6-linux.tar.gz and darkcoin-0.10.11.6-linux.tar.gz has both 32bit and 64bit binary.
Code:
darktest@sv1:~/1/darkcoin-0.10.11.6-linux/bin/64> ./darkcoind --help
DarkCoin version v0.10.11.6-beta

darktest@sv1:~/1/darkcoin-0.9.11.6-linux/bin/64> ./darkcoind --help
DarkCoin version v0.9.11.6-beta

├── darkcoin-0.10.11.6-linux
│   └── bin
│       ├── 32
│       │   ├── darkcoind
│       │   └── darkcoin-qt
│       └── 64
│           ├── darkcoind
│           └── darkcoin-qt
├── darkcoin-0.10.11.6-linux.tar.gz
├── darkcoin-0.9.11.6-linux
│   ├── bin
│   │   ├── 32
│   │   │   ├── darkcoind
│   │   │   └── darkcoin-qt
│   │   └── 64
│   │       ├── darkcoind
│   │       └── darkcoin-qt
│   └── src
│       └── darkcoin-0.9.11.6.tar.gz
└── darkcoin-0.9.11.6-linux.tar.gz

I will update my guide.
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:38:25 PM

http://[Suspicious link removed]/0NzEDn

downloaded the binary

Segmentation fault

What Linux distribution? 64bit or 32bit?

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

downloaded the binary

Segmentation fault

version 11.05 and 11.04 were stored under this link http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind

There are some guides that uses these adresses ( wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind ) and also scripts to update.
Maybe store the actual wallets always in these folders to voin problems with update the masternodes. Thanks

Distribution links have changed, now linking to tar.gz with both 32bit and 64bit binary.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:53:02 PM

CloakCoin's main feature (expected in the next couple of days) is called Proof of Stake Anonymous (PoSA), and it uses the PoS feature to conduct anonymous transactions. Pretty cool stuff...

Please put the concept behind this feature into a couple of lines for us

EDIT: looked at the condensed whitepaper FAQ for CLOAK

CloakSend 1.0 / 1.1 Whitepaper FAQ
PDF version

Can someone confirm what it looks like - that at the moment the entire CLOAK anon system is centralized and managed by the CLOAK devs? If so, then this project is very, very far behind Darkcoin. With Dark we are considering how, to have a point of failure at the moment (regardless of further ongoing anon development), a series of masternodes has to be compromised. But if I understand it correctly all an interested agency would have to do to compromise CLOAK 100% is knock on the dev's door. Is this correct?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

3. Why do most of you consider PoS coins to be... PoS's?

I don't think there's anything wrong with POS coins, but I don't think they have much life outside of use for avid traders (this is all just my uninformed opinion). I think there's an inherent perception issue with a POS coin for newcomers, especially noobs to cryptos... to make the process to get involved having to learn how/where to safely get BTC (which is a big enough trust hurdle), then have to figure out you need to go to yet another exchange to get the coin you want (which to be honest, most of these to an outside could come across as pretty sketchy), then have to explain how POS actually works... these are all too much to expect people to grasp.

When I first got into BTC, I was like "SHIT! IMMA GONNA MAKE SOME MONEY"... got some basics from Google, got some USB miners for BTC and was on my way to riches! Until I actually started to grasp the economy and realized those USBs were pretty much worthless... but you know what? I did get a minute amount of BTC from them, learned more about mining and progressed from there.

I'm struggling with wording, it's all about perception, but I think it's easier to understand and get behind a coin that is still "mineable" (whether profitable or not), vs. a coin that primarily lives for traders on exchanges.... maybe some of this makes sense.

organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

And just to follow up the above post. I don't know what will work (if any coin will succeed in the future). But I know that if you are really into "investing" in a coin, it better have actual development going on before you put a dime into it. Who knows, maybe XC is it, maybe DRK is it, maybe CLOAK is it... none of us really know, but it's such a waste of time that gets put into trolling each other's threads when there are infinitely crappier coins that deserve trashing.

rygamble

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:05:19 PM

CloakCoin's main feature (expected in the next couple of days) is called Proof of Stake Anonymous (PoSA), and it uses the PoS feature to conduct anonymous transactions. Pretty cool stuff...

Please put the concept behind this feature into a couple of lines for us

EDIT: looked at the condensed whitepaper FAQ for CLOAK

CloakSend 1.0 / 1.1 Whitepaper FAQ
PDF version

Can someone confirm what it looks like - that at the moment the entire CLOAK anon system is centralized and managed by the CLOAK devs? If so, then this project is very, very far behind Darkcoin. With Dark we are considering how, to have a point of failure at the moment (regardless of further ongoing anon development), a series of masternodes has to be compromised. But if I understand it correctly all an interested agency would have to do to compromise CLOAK 100% is knock on the dev's door. Is this correct?
That was just the method used for the short term. PoSA uses wallets that are actively staking as nodes for anonymizing transactions.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:06:41 PM

Thanks for the support! Hoping more miners jump on board!

Cheers!

This is darkcoin community multipool.
Join us!!
More horse power Wink more buy preasure we do.
For the future of drk. In drk we trust.

Earn your own DRK coins by mining at the multipool. Not only that, you can earn DRK using your old ASIC hardware on SHA256 and SCRYPT coins!

DarkCoin by xpool - DRK Multipool

PROP reward system
DRK Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift. Currently there is no set interval as there needs to be enough found and confirmed blocks to make trading worthwhile on the exchanges. We don't want to finish a shift only to find out, the exchanges are going to eat up the payout in fees or limit the withdraw with a large minimum. The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into DRK. Once enough confirmed blocked are accumulated, the shift is moved into "Trading" status while all the exchanged coins are calculated into DRK and then queued for payment. Once all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the DRK payments are sent.

As the pool picks up more hashing speed and sufficient DRK can be picked up from the exchanges, the shifts will be set to a schedule and payouts more frequent and less worry about the exchanges. This is a growing phase so the more hash support the better.
If a DRK block is found, there's no exchanging or loss of fees as it can simply be moved into the X11 payout queue.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired DarkCoin.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Donations welcome!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
T.Stuart

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:07:42 PM

That was just the method used for the short term. PoSA uses wallets that are actively staking as nodes for anonymizing transactions.

Sooo... does the amount you have staking affect the percentage of anon transactions you process? How does it work?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:07:57 PM

3. Why do most of you consider PoS coins to be... PoS's?

I don't think there's anything wrong with POS coins, but I don't think they have much life outside of use for avid traders (this is all just my uninformed opinion). I think there's an inherent perception issue with a POS coin for newcomers, especially noobs to cryptos... to make the process to get involved having to learn how/where to safely get BTC (which is a big enough trust hurdle), then have to figure out you need to go to yet another exchange to get the coin you want (which to be honest, most of these to an outside could come across as pretty sketchy), then have to explain how POS actually works... these are all too much to expect people to grasp.

When I first got into BTC, I was like "SHIT! IMMA GONNA MAKE SOME MONEY"... got some basics from Google, got some USB miners for BTC and was on my way to riches! Until I actually started to grasp the economy and realized those USBs were pretty much worthless... but you know what? I did get a minute amount of BTC from them, learned more about mining and progressed from there.

I'm struggling with wording, it's all about perception, but I think it's easier to understand and get behind a coin that is still "mineable" (whether profitable or not), vs. a coin that primarily lives for traders on exchanges.... maybe some of this makes sense.

I agree that it's a perception thing. But people will buy PoS coins if they have a material use, which Cloak clearly will. Also, I'm thinking figuring out how to mine would be tougher for the average person than going to mintpal would be. Most of the DRK holders now are probably not miners.
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

Sooo... does the amount you have staking affect the percentage of anon transactions you process? How does it work?
That I don't know. Things will be much more clear in a couple days (beta testing is about to start).
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:11:11 PM

downloaded the binary

Segmentation fault

all i know the daemon is only running on 64bit
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:14:02 PM

That I don't know. Things will be much more clear in a couple days (beta testing is about to start).

Until then I wouldn't talk about it. lol

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:16:09 PM

@rygamble I mine and I'm masternoding.
Mining drk since half march stop mining it....hmmmm...not nearly future...

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:17:53 PM

Until then I wouldn't talk about it. lol
Things in the pipeline are always worth talking about. Especially when the dev is constantly exceeding expectations. I'm sure you understand that though since you're in this thread Wink
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:18:29 PM

guys can anyone confirm that drk does not use a mixer to create anon transactions. if so, then drk is the best anon out there
dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:19:30 PM

downloaded the binary

Segmentation fault

all i know the daemon is only running on 64bit
32bit daemon has been added in 0.10.11.6 on popular demand (see release notes)

T.Stuart

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:19:55 PM

All I can say is this. True anon is generally considered to be impossible or very complicated to achieve. Logically, this means work, and a lot of it, before an anon system has real value. The core Dark team is several people strong, with a dozen more helping with testing and other work. They have been working hard for months. This means the system being built is robust, and will continue to become more so. I do not believe there is a quick solution to anonymising transactions.

▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
Pages: « 1 ... 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 [2168] 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: