Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:32:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:31:37 AM

I think I saw on the coins specs that the block reward is now halved at 2 years instead of 1
source?

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin

What is DarkCoin?
DarkCoin is a lite version of Bitcoin using X11 as a proof-of-work algorithm.

Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
Block reward is controlled by moore's law: (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))
CPU only mining
Block generation: 2.5 minutes
Difficulty Retargets every 576 blocks
84 Million Coins Max
Block reward halving every 2 years
Encrypted transaction network: Work In Progress
Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Work In Progress

Actually there is no more halving at all. After 5000 difficulty the block reward hits the minimum of 5 coins per block and that is supposed to be the reward until all 84 000000 are mined. Which @ 1 million a year will take a long time. In 10 years there will just a hit more coins than what bitcoin has now, so how about calming down for everyone who is saying it's not scarce anymore?

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:34:40 AM

Actually there is no more halving at all. After 5000 difficulty the block reward hits the minimum of 5 coins per block and that is supposed to be the reward until all 84 000000 are mined. Which @ 1 million a year will take a long time. In 10 years there will just a hit more coins than what bitcoin has now, so how about calming down for everyone who is saying it's not scarce anymore?

Exactly, precisely, genau, right on baby, genug!  LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:34:56 AM

I am also not convinced yet that Darkcoin is anywhere near impossible to prove trace for the people we really want out of tracing it.

Where is the proof? I'm not saying this sarcastically like "LoL THERE IS NO PROOF!"!""111", but I actually want to read if if there is proof!  

It's a mistake to assume that any kind of security is uncrackable or to assume the risk is zero. Never assume this even if you're told something is "hack proof" or whatever. DarkSend makes it a lot more difficult to trace transactions. What we need is a rundown of exactly what DarkSend's anonymity entails in layman's terms, and specific use cases and what risks are involved. I'm working on content for the new Darkcoin website so I'll nail down Eduffield on these details so everyone knows exactly what they're getting with DarkSend.

I suggested to Eduffield that we have a sort of competition for penetration testing when the source is released, with bounties for any holes or bugs discovered. As always, the best protection is to fully understand the technology you're using.
I would be willing to put DRK towards such bounties.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

There's more at stake than daily mining or who gets what. It's about future-proofing the coin so that it can have a clear and frozen number of max issuance where everybody knows how the game will play out, along with a timeline that will allow for smooth operation over a large time frame. The second component is critical as a clone could come and say "we are more future proof then darkcoin". Any of your weaknesses can be improved upon and rebranded to something better, so, knowing this, you do your best - leaving very few margins for improvement to uninventive copycats.

There are ways to future proof the coin that won't hurt early adopters like this change. Set the reward algorithm so that it caps out at something reasonable, say 10M after a set number of years. It should be us early believers who should be rewarded, the people who are actively contributing to the success of Dark.

Yes of course I agree it should cap but the period when this happens should be further in the future. Otherwise why would anyone mine after the capping? And if people don't mine, then how are you securing the network? You don't so you end up with a problematic network, unless the price is sooo large and transactions so many that miners can still make their expenses by mining transaction fees. That could happen, why not, but let's have everything covered either way.

As for the number of coins, 84m is good but I wouldn't object to a 21m scheme either - like BTC with a dark spin Tongue

If I were to  make a coin like this, I would have made no cap, kept constant growth because I think future adaptation of the coin will give it a lot of value, and making the coin mineable, even forever, will guarantee it's longevity.  The influx of coin into the system keeps it usable.  But my idea would probably fail because early adopters wouldn't make as much money and others would see it as a non-rare commodity.  But I think it would be more functional as a coin. (shrug shoulders)

This developer has a pretty good balance in my opinion.  There are many ways to skin a cat, none absolutely the best.  This coin has very good balance IMO.

Infinite/uncapped coins = bullshit coins. It's a no brainer. Just stick around and see what'll happen with EVERY SINGLE uncapped coin in a few months, including DOGE.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:41:56 AM

Ok that's great then.
darkroad

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:44:31 AM

We need a drugs market to succeed. Well , its already a succes.

DarkRoad BB should be up on darknet in the next couple days.
Integrated darkcoin marketplace is in the works.

If anyone is interested in working on this project contact me by bitmessage. I am looking for devs.

You forgot to include your personal gmail address.

What about calling it DarkMarket instead?  It would be nice if the market could somehow be innovative instead of another Silk Road clone.

All the good email servers get shutdown. After the whole Tormail nightmare with the FH seizure I decided to migrate to Bitmessage as addresses cannot be seized. Contact info is posted in my signature, but in case  you missed it;                           

Contact by Bitmessage: BM-2cWyKHt4Act9P5dDViMBHuFJ

People here have suggested "DarkRoad" but I am pretty ambivalent over the name. I believe It will stand out irregardless as the first alt-coin marketplace and certainly be a boon to the DRK community. I open to feedback as i have not launched anything yet.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:50:31 AM

World's First Completely Anonymous Coin
or
World's First Truly Anonymous Coin

I had this exact same thought yesterday.  Needs some differentiation between coins which claim anonymity and DRK, which is TRULY anonymous.

"World's First Truly Anonymous Coin" gets my vote.  Explain the decentralized, zero-trust nature of Darksend in the first post and how that is different from the current "anonymizer" features of a couple other coins.

I agree with this. Way too many coins nowadays claiming anonymity based on a very loose interpretation. Many people still don't understand that the bitcoin protocol only makes tracing a hassle, but nowhere near impossible.

I am also not convinced yet that Darkcoin is anywhere near impossible to prove trace for the people we really want out of tracing it.

Where is the proof? I'm not saying this sarcastically like "LoL THERE IS NO PROOF!"!""111", but I actually want to read if if there is proof!  

IMO there can be no proof of either anonymity or safety - you try your best against a tremendous "collaboration" between the governments and the industrial complex. For example, regarding safety, including BTC and others, how do you know that every single computing device that rolls out today is not rooted by the NSA to check for things related to wallets and private keys of cryptocurrencies if, say, these received the appropriate "signal"? They've been hacking device BIOS'es and implanting them, so that wouldn't be a stretch. I mean people are using mobile wallets and I'm like WTF are they doing? I guess we'll have to wait for Snowden v2.00 to discover issues like these and discuss them openly.
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:50:51 AM

If anyone is interested in working on this project contact me by bitmessage. I am looking for devs.

What about calling it DarkMarket instead?  It would be nice if the market could somehow be innovative instead of another Silk Road clone.

All the good email servers get shutdown. After the whole Tormail nightmare with the FH seizure, I decided to migrate to Bitmessage as addresses cannot be seized.

People here have suggested "DarkRoad" but I am pretty ambivalent over the name. I believe It will stand out irregardless as the first alt-coin marketplace and certainly be a boon to the DRK community. I open to feedback as i have not launched anything yet.
How about "Darket". A mix between market and Dark. "The Darket". Eh, I don't know. Roll Eyes
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:54:15 AM

There's more at stake than daily mining or who gets what. It's about future-proofing the coin so that it can have a clear and frozen number of max issuance where everybody knows how the game will play out, along with a timeline that will allow for smooth operation over a large time frame. The second component is critical as a clone could come and say "we are more future proof then darkcoin". Any of your weaknesses can be improved upon and rebranded to something better, so, knowing this, you do your best - leaving very few margins for improvement to uninventive copycats.

There are ways to future proof the coin that won't hurt early adopters like this change. Set the reward algorithm so that it caps out at something reasonable, say 10M after a set number of years. It should be us early believers who should be rewarded, the people who are actively contributing to the success of Dark.

Yes of course I agree it should cap but the period when this happens should be further in the future. Otherwise why would anyone mine after the capping? And if people don't mine, then how are you securing the network? You don't so you end up with a problematic network, unless the price is sooo large and transactions so many that miners can still make their expenses by mining transaction fees. That could happen, why not, but let's have everything covered either way.

As for the number of coins, 84m is good but I wouldn't object to a 21m scheme either - like BTC with a dark spin Tongue

If I were to  make a coin like this, I would have made no cap, kept constant growth because I think future adaptation of the coin will give it a lot of value, and making the coin mineable, even forever, will guarantee it's longevity.  The influx of coin into the system keeps it usable.  But my idea would probably fail because early adopters wouldn't make as much money and others would see it as a non-rare commodity.  But I think it would be more functional as a coin. (shrug shoulders)

This developer has a pretty good balance in my opinion.  There are many ways to skin a cat, none absolutely the best.  This coin has very good balance IMO.

Infinite/uncapped coins = bullshit coins. It's a no brainer. Just stick around and see what'll happen with EVERY SINGLE uncapped coin in a few months, including DOGE.

Not necessarily.  This coin diminishes depending on the difficulty.  It's smart, bcause if the coin loses miners because rewards aren't worth it, the difficulty will decline and the rewards will go up.  Even so, it may still take 70 years to hit the cap.  what real difference will it make if the cap weren't there?  Almost none.  The coin would still increase in quantity WAY slower than the user base will grow.  Demand will outpace coin growth anyway.

But that assumes the coin is successful.

This coin will be successful.

There are 7 billion people in this world, crypto has the  potential to help those not in the most stable countries the most.  There is a lot of room for growth!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:00:24 AM

Not necessarily.  This coin diminishes depending on the difficulty.  It's smart, bcause if the coin loses miners because rewards aren't worth it, the difficulty will decline and the rewards will go up.  Even so, it may still take 70 years to hit the cap.  what real difference will it make if the cap weren't there?  Almost none.  The coin would still increase in quantity WAY slower than the user base will grow.  Demand will outpace coin growth anyway.

There are 7 billion people in this world, crypto has the  potential to help those not in the most stable countries the most. There is a lot of room for growth!

No, it's necessary. You see people don't value things in infinite quantity but they do value scarcity. There is nothing which is infinitely abundant and simultaneously expensive in real-life markets. If you want to make a better monetary system than the infinite-fiat bullshit type of money system, you have to be better at the fundamentals like inflation.

But I do understand what you say about practical limit vs no-cap.
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:07:25 AM

All the good email servers get shutdown. After the whole Tormail nightmare with the FH seizure, I decided to migrate to Bitmessage as addresses cannot be seized.

I actually like Darkroad more now that I think about it.  Too many of these markets have the word "market" in them.

I would like to recommend this discussion be moved into its OWN forum, as this is NOT related directly or indirectly to the development of Darkcoin.

None of the Darkcoin developers are involved in ANYWAY with the development of the market. Let keep this directly related to Darkcoin itsself.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
darkroad

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:11:04 AM

What about calling it DarkMarket instead?  It would be nice if the market could somehow be innovative instead of another Silk Road clone.

I actually like Darkroad more now that I think about it.  Too many of these markets have the word "market" in them.

I would like to recommend this discussion be moved into its OWN forum, as this is NOT related directly or indirectly to the development of Darkcoin.

None of the Darkcoin developers are involved in ANYWAY with the development of the market. Let keep this directly related to Darkcoin itsself.

my pre-ann thread is here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493054 if anyone has any thoughts.
metstijl

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:12:08 AM

What about calling it DarkMarket instead?  It would be nice if the market could somehow be innovative instead of another Silk Road clone.

I actually like Darkroad more now that I think about it.  Too many of these markets have the word "market" in them.

Darkroad , Darkgarten and Darkterror please Smiley
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:17:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfzYTjz62Y

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:22:22 AM

There are 7 billion people in this world, crypto has the  potential to help those not in the most stable countries the most. There is a lot of room for growth!

No, it's necessary. You see people don't value things in infinite quantity but they do value scarcity. There is nothing which is infinitely abundant and simultaneously expensive in real-life markets. If you want to make a better monetary system than the infinite-fiat bullshit type of money system, you have to be better at the fundamentals like inflation.

But I do understand what you say about practical limit vs no-cap.

I understand what you're saying, but a coin like that would still be scarce.  Only so many over time.  It's actually the same difference really.  Just like the recent change (to repair an unintended consequence of adding KGW earlier) really makes hardly any difference in the foreseeable future to investors.

Gold and diamonds are still being dug up out of the ground, yet their value continues to grow.  They're still a rare resource.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
declensions

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:34:40 AM

anyone else cant withdraw their DRK from cryptsy? It's been 2 hrs since i put in a request and confirmed it. this is the last time im using their garbage service

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:35:56 AM

Dark is 28000 on MintPal?

WHAT, why did everyone suddenly buy loads? It happened with BC too.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
metstijl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfzYTjz62Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCpuAkTy1o
metstijl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:44:17 AM

anyone else cant withdraw their DRK from cryptsy? It's been 2 hrs since i put in a request and confirmed it. this is the last time im using their garbage service

Mine got withdrawn within 15 minutes like 30 minutes ago.
Kaze

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:46:04 AM

Dark is 28000 on MintPal?

WHAT, why did everyone suddenly buy loads? It happened with BC too.

I had a small .0025 order go through. Pleased with whoever is testing that site.  Think we will be there and over soon.
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: