Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 [3945] 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:59:59 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 08:14:01 AM by RenegadeMan

In fact more than cringe, I start thinking "forget it, if that's the main driver of Darkcoin, count me out".

Hi RenegadeMan,

You have made your position about the negativity aspect of drugs very clear. I can truly appreciate that and am in no way condoning that behavior.  I completely understand your concern about widespread adoption, however I feel that this particular issue is one of the freedom-oriented aspects of crypto that simply cannot be compromised on because it defeats the whole purpose.

At the risk of citing libertarian rhetoric, I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "guns don't kill people, people do."  The same could be said for knives, rocks, cars, sticks, and so on.  So what do rocks have in common with Darkcoin? They're untraceable facts of nature that simply exist in the world where we humans live.  Instead of trying to blame rocks for the downfall of humanity, try talking to the person and see what's bothering him.  

If you start regulating/restricting/confiscating/tracking all of the "tools" which someone whose behavior you don't agree with uses, then pretty soon you will be left with nothing but empty space and no air to breathe.

It is fine to be upset about negative behavior, but please, please don't blame the cash!  It didn't do anything but exist for people to use it!

Completely fungible money is a unversal right for everyone which should never be taken away.  You should be very proud of the fact that you are actively contributing in a community that is gifting something to the world which will benefit 100% of society by improving productivity.  100% is one-hundred-percent, good and bad.  What they choose to do with it is up to them.  If you can decide WHO uses it and for WHAT, then you are back to square one with an opportunity for centralized authoritarian control, social engineering, and worse.  

let me ask you this: If Darkcoin's unversal fungibility spurs economic growth that eventually amounts to us becoming a space-faring race with 25 colonized planets and 500 billion humans, but the same 10~15% of that population uses drugs or does nefarious things, is that still unacceptable to you?

Well I'm really glad you (specifically you) Bridgewater responded because in the first posting you made on here a few weeks back you highlighted how the anonymity features of DRK really assist fungability and that it's true fungability (which is looking shakier and shakier by the day for BTC) that promotes a genuinely successful currency that doesn't end up being flawed. I remember that you made the concept explicitly clear and easily understandable.

I agree with you entirely that to highlight "digital cash" (de-branding DRK for a moment and expressing it as a basic noun) as the cause or facilitator of illicit drugs is tantamount (as per your analogies) to blaming cars because they're used by armed bandits in bank hold-ups as getaway vehicles or saying mobile phones are bad because it's been shown terrorists are using them to remotely detonate bombs or (insert a dozen similar examples of a tool or technology facilitating something unhealthy for society).

The challenge for us all though is that these concepts (i.e. it's not the medium that's bad, it's the small number of humans using the medium to commit crime) are easily understood by people like us in a community like this and any ignorant view expressed along the lines of "DRK is for drugs" can easily be negated within forums and Internet boards like this. However, (and it's a bloody enormous 'HOWEVER'), as we all know, mainstream media and politicians have zero appetite for intelligent and logical reasoning/assessment in this six second sound byte maelstrom of a world we now live in and it is in these realms that we will lose the battle if we're not considerate of the mess we could get into.

What I'm wanting us to be consciously aware of is that if people post on these forums along the lines of "Yeah, cool.....it's Silk Road Relaunched and SR version 3, 4 and 5 where we're gonna shine....once the dark markets get hold of DRK this thing's going to the moon!" it will eventually be picked up by someone on FOX or CBS or NBC as their pet "exposing the drug financiers" feature series and a ridiculous leap of ignorance will result in some outlandish mainstream reports tarnishing us with a brush of untruthful notions such as "Apparently they built this anonymity specifically for the drug market..." The result will be all of us will end up under enormous scrutiny. Evan will be hit from all angles and pilloried as "the drug coin crypto king" and all manner of "PR crisis" style attack activity will eventuate (this may sound alarmist but I can clearly see it happening).

So when I said about "I'm standing by for a barrage of libertarian rhetoric" what I'm talking about is the "libertarian purest" style of argument that happens again and again on forums like this (which I'm not suggesting for a moment you're engaged in) that upholds valid points about the technology and "freedom" but forgets about the practicalities of finding a measured pathway through all of this that offers the least amount of compromise while ensuring we don't get hammered and "taken-out" before we've had the chance for the mainstream to even be introduced to the notions of "privacy as a right" and fungability being probably the most important attribute of sound money. I'm wanting us (and Evan and the Darkcoin Foundation need to weigh in on this to establish a modus operandi of sorts) to all think about how, as a community we can prevent the fanboy excitement from seeping out everywhere if DRK gets picked up by the dark markets in a big way and how we can stay "on message" as to what's really important about DRK's anonymous attributes and why they're fundamentally good for all.

There's a battle looming and we need to be savvy and very aware of how all the good that's been done here will get twisted and abused in an attempt to sully the good names and reputations of the very fine people involved. It's going to require commitment to a series of clarifying messages to help keep us from being seen as the facilitator of an even worse drug market than what already existed via the original SR and an avoidance of constant suggestions of things being "really great" because we're being adopted by dark markets.

That's the essence of what I'm posting about.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Vyazhan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:53:23 AM

If Darkcoin becomes THE main drug currency and replaces BTC mostly on the back of the drug trade I think it will be a travesty as we will have completely lost control of what it is and it will be impossible for it to be seen as anything other than a totally nefarious and criminal enterprise. Many many good people will probably walk away at that point as they don't want to be involved in something that's just so on-the-nose and destructive.

I just don't think people are "thinking" clearly about this. It could turn into an unrecoverable disaster for Darkcoin.

(standing by to be hit with a barrage of "You're not understanding what an anon crypto really achieves"...blah blah over-the-top-libertarian-rhetoric-blah. Bottom line is that if DRK is primarily a drug currency, I'm out as I just cannot and don't want to support it).

Hold on there. I can't quite follow you here.

1.) You seriously want to control a crypto-currency? Not all drug-trades are nefarious and criminal by nature by the way, Cannabis being the prime example here Smiley
2.) Why would drug-trades be destructive and on-the-nose? Just because the government has a problem with trading goods that they deem harmful for human consumption? Everyone needs to know themselves what is good and what is not good for them and not being told so by anyone else but by their parents or themselves imho!
3.) Do you know a single currency that is not a drug currency? Are you gonna be out of the Dollar because it's used for drugs? I think welcoming everyone is the key concept behind the open internet, no? If someone has a problem with the nasty stuff going on on the dark-net, do you stop using it because you are interested in some kind of information that's only available there? Accepting government is the first way to accept your own enslavement and trying to control anything is just controlling like the government did it for almost 100 years now, it's certainly not the solution to our problems imho!
4.) It's already confirmed Darkcoin will be the black sheep from the media, just like any other currency. if FOX, CBS and god knows who want to bring a story to the mass media, they WILL, no matter where or how they get their information, again, keeping this coin safe from those bandits and devils is impossible, since we are treading on their terrain as long as we submit to their propaganda and again, everyone has to choose themselves if they want to read up on FOX and the other fake-news, or if they want to engage on news that interest themselves and is not fed to them like a brain-dead patient on all the mind-drugs they inject into your system on a daily basis!

We all need to engage in talks and in positive exchange to widen our horizon and see that every currency that is anonymous is used for both good and evil and trying to push your own naive ideas through to keep Darkcoin pure and clean from drugs won't help any single individual more than it does help the government to prosecute dealers the way they do now with fiat currency.

Just my 2cts..
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:07:45 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 12:00:12 PM by wozzek23

In fact more than cringe, I start thinking "forget it, if that's the main driver of Darkcoin, count me out".

Completely fungible money is a unversal right for everyone which should never be taken away.  You should be very proud of the fact that you are actively contributing in a community that is gifting something to the world which will benefit 100% of society by improving productivity.  100% is one-hundred-percent, good and bad.  What they choose to do with it is up to them.  If you can decide WHO uses it and for WHAT, then you are back to square one with an opportunity for centralized authoritarian control, social engineering, and worse.  

let me ask you this: If Darkcoin's unversal fungibility spurs economic growth that eventually amounts to us becoming a space-faring race with 25 colonized planets and 500 billion humans, but the same 10~15% of that population uses drugs or does nefarious things, is that still unacceptable to you?

What I'm wanting us to be consciously aware of is that if people post on these forums along the lines of "Yeah, cool.....it's Silk Road Relaunched and SR version 3, 4 and 5 where we're gonna shine....once the dark markets get hold of DRK this thing's going to the moon!" it will eventually be picked up by someone on FOX or CBS or NBC as their pet "exposing the drug financiers" feature series and a ridiculous leap of ignorance will result in some outlandish mainstream reports tarnishing us with a brush of untruthful notions such as "Apparently they built this anonymity specifically for the drug market..." The result will be all of us will end up under enormous scrutiny. Evan will be hit from all angles and pilloried as "the drug coin crypto king" and all manner of "PR crisis" style attack activity will eventuate (this may sound alarmist but I can clearly see it happening).

So when I said about "I'm standing by for a barrage of libertarian rhetoric" what I'm talking about is the "libertarian purest" style of argument that happens again and again on forums like this (which I'm not suggesting for a moment you're engaged in) that upholds valid points about the technology and "freedom" but forgets about the practicalities of finding a measured pathway through all of this that offers the least amount of compromise while ensuring we don't get hammered and "taken-out" before we've had the chance for the mainstream to even be introduced to the notions of "privacy as a right" and fungability being probably the most important attribute of sound money. I'm wanting us (and Evan and the Darkcoin Foundation need to weigh in on this to establish a modus operandi of sorts) to all think about how, as a community we can prevent the fanboy excitement from seeping out everywhere if DRK gets picked up by the dark markets in a big way and how we can stay "on message" as to what's really important about DRK's anonymous attributes and why they're fundamentally good for all.

There's a battle looming and we need to be savvy and very aware of how all the good that's been done here will get twisted and abused in an attempt to sully the good names and reputations of the very fine people involved. It's going to require commitment to a series of clarifying messages to help keep us from being seen as the facilitator of an even worse drug market than what already existed via the original SR and an avoidance of constant suggestions of things being "really great" because we're being adopted by dark markets.

Great discussion.

I've been often accused by my friends as someone who sees the world in black and white terms, neglecting all the shades of gray in between, but the big picture to me seems to be crystal clear as black and white indeed. We are the Overlords' enemies. If one would read / listen one of the rare renegades from their world, Gore Vidal, one will have gotten the scope of "their" sheer hatred for the "common man".

After all, this is why "they" kill all over the world and send "our heroes" to kill and die for their profit. But this is an old adagio about the psychopaths on power; so you are either "with me our against me" regarding that notion. What I truly believe in is that "they" would kill Jesus H. Christ should he dared to return and, say, run for the U.S. president, because peace, freedom, privacy, democracy, all that bullshit the people all over the world had been dying for for ages means nothing to them - everything we do, including posting in some forum, is an act of an "enemy", us, their enslaved citizenry whose ONLY purpose is to serve as consumers of their shit and cannon fodder for their wars.

So, Darkcoin - in its core, a cryptographic protocol and as an asset it is also our property. And "they" are known for having gazillion ways to take away our properties (through inflation or confiscation, for example) as well as our freedoms. We have foundations to defend ourselves in the very Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), a declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 10 December 1948 at the Palais de Chaillot, Paris that, in its Aritcle 17. Proclaims: (1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.

Herein lies our defense, not in our paranoia or real, founded fear from "them" and their future actions.

Darkcoin - and what it represents - should, IMHO, exist in a parallel world we are creating, along the side of "their" fiat, "their" media etc., and if it would offer a better solution, the people will accept it. If not, it is doomed. But as much as a private, "organic" farm can live in the middle of nowhere, unmolested by Monsanto, the Darkcoin might end up living in its own niche, among us who'd in what might not be such a distant future, exchange it for our good, services etc.

We will co-exist, in these two worlds, peacefully I hope. And if the police has right to compound a car used for drug dealing it would have the same right to seize Darkcoins used for the same purpose. But, they will not close the Ford Corporation down, so they should not be able to close The Darkcoin Foundation, or to go all over the world to seize 2100 ++ Masternodes because some criminal had used its asset.

Our message should be clear, granted, but if some "funboys" as you call them hopes to get a financial boost out of their DRK investments, why would we worry about it too much? The Darkcoin inventor and The Darkcoin Foundations (I am a proud member of it) have clearly stated the Darkcoin is NOT meant for the illegal purposes and no one of us would be supporting any illegal use of it. But if someone wants to fight to legalize drugs and pays for the promotion with Darkcoins, it is their right as much it is their right to use the U.S. dollar, BTC, DRK or an used Vespa to buy (illegally) their own drugs.

None of my business.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:15:43 AM

Instant transactions in the regular wallet? Wow.. should try it out.

RenegadeMan

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:24:52 AM

If Darkcoin becomes THE main drug currency and replaces BTC mostly on the back of the drug trade I think it will be a travesty as we will have completely lost control of what it is and it will be impossible for it to be seen as anything other than a totally nefarious and criminal enterprise. Many many good people will probably walk away at that point as they don't want to be involved in something that's just so on-the-nose and destructive.

I just don't think people are "thinking" clearly about this. It could turn into an unrecoverable disaster for Darkcoin.

(standing by to be hit with a barrage of "You're not understanding what an anon crypto really achieves"...blah blah over-the-top-libertarian-rhetoric-blah. Bottom line is that if DRK is primarily a drug currency, I'm out as I just cannot and don't want to support it).

Hold on there. I can't quite follow you here.

1.) You seriously want to control a crypto-currency? Not all drug-trades are nefarious and criminal by nature by the way, Cannabis being the prime example here Smiley
No, not at all. Read my second posting above. Nothing to do with "controlling" a crypto.

2.) Why would drug-trades be destructive and on-the-nose? Just because the government has a problem with trading goods that they deem harmful for human consumption? Everyone needs to know themselves what is good and what is not good for them and not being told so by anyone else but by their parents or themselves imho!
Yes. We are each responsible for our own well being. The over turning of the nanny state can't come fast enough IMO. But again, read the above post. I'm talking about perception and the potential for DRK to be subject to an unsustainable level of scrutiny and attack and the need for us to consider how we might minimise this.

3.) Do you know a single currency that is not a drug currency? Are you gonna be out of the Dollar because it's used for drugs? I think welcoming everyone is the key concept behind the open internet, no? If someone has a problem with the nasty stuff going on on the dark-net, do you stop using it because you are interested in some kind of information that's only available there? Accepting government is the first way to accept your own enslavement and trying to control anything is just controlling like the government did it for almost 100 years now, it's certainly not the solution to our problems imho!
Read my above post. You're dumbing down what I'm talking about and making assumptions that I haven't thought through these concepts when I have. Again I'm talking about the concept of taking care with our outbound messaging to minimise the intensity of scrutiny and potential trouble and save our resources for more useful things than constant defence.

4.) It's already confirmed Darkcoin will be the black sheep from the media, just like any other currency. if FOX, CBS and god knows who want to bring a story to the mass media, they WILL, no matter where or how they get their information, again, keeping this coin safe from those bandits and devils is impossible, since we are treading on their terrain as long as we submit to their propaganda and again, everyone has to choose themselves if they want to read up on FOX and the other fake-news, or if they want to engage on news that interest themselves and is not fed to them like a brain-dead patient on all the mind-drugs they inject into your system on a daily basis!
Yes. But we can consider how there may be pathways of less difficulty and trouble and then work on travelling those pathways. I'm talking about the need for strategy in dealing with the media.

We all need to engage in talks and in positive exchange to widen our horizon and see that every currency that is anonymous is used for both good and evil and trying to push your own naive ideas through to keep Darkcoin pure and clean from drugs won't help any single individual more than it does help the government to prosecute dealers the way they do now with fiat currency.
I think you've missed some of the core points of my position. I'm not naive nor am I thinking about this in a naive way. I'm suggesting the need for clarity around the outbound messaging to minimise the inevitable flare up that's coming. That's about consideration for what resources we're likely to have to address which "battles" are worth taking on.

RenegadeMan

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:28:13 AM

Great discussion.

I've been often accused by my friends as someone who sees the world in black and white terms, neglecting all the shades of gray in between, but the big picture to me seems to be crystal clear as black and white indeed. We are the Overlords' enemies. If one would read / listen one of the rare renegades from their world, Gore Vidal, one will have gotten the scope of "their" sheer hatred for the "common man".

After all, this is why "they" kill all over the world and send "our heroes" to kill and die for their profit. But this is an old adagio about the psychopaths on power; so you are either "with me our against me" regarding that notion. What I truly believe in is that "they" would kill Jesus H. Christ should he dared to return and, say, run for the U.S. president, because peace, freedom, privacy, democracy, all that bullshit the people all over the world had been dying for for ages means nothing to them - everything we do, including posting in some forum, as an act of an enemy, us, their enslaved citizenry whose ONLY purpose is to serve as consumers of their shit and cannon fodder for their wars.

So, Darkcoin - in its core, a cryptographic protocol and as an asset it is also our property. And "they" are known for having gazillion ways to take away our properties (through inflation or confiscation, for example) as well as our freedoms. We have foundations to defend ourselves in the very Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), a declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 10 December 1948 at the Palais de Chaillot, Paris that, in its Aritcle 17. Proclaims: (1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.

Herein lies our defense, not in our paranoia or real, founded fear from "them" and their future actions.

Darkcoin - and what it represents - should, IMHO, exist in a parallel world we are creating, along the side of "their" fiat, "their" media etc., and if it would offer a better solution, the people will accept it. If not, it is doomed. But as much as a private, "organic" farm can live in the middle of nowhere, unmolested by Monsanto, the Darkcoin might end up living in its own niche, among us who'd in what might not be such a distant future, exchange it for our good, services etc.

We will co-exist, in these two worlds, peacefully I hope. And if the police has right to compound a car used for drug dealing it would have the same right to seize Darkcoins used for the same purpose. But, they will not close the Ford Corporation down, so they should not be able to close The Darkcoin Foundation, or to go all over the world to seize 2100 ++ Masternodes because some criminal had used its asset.

Our message should be clear, granted, but if some "funboys" as you call them hopes to get a financial boost out of their DRK investments, why would we worry about it too much? The Darkcoin inventor and The Darkcoin Foundations (I am a proud member of it) have clearly stated the Darkcoin is NOT meant for the illegal purposes and no one of us would be supporting any illegal use of it. But if someone wants to fight to legalize drugs and pays for the promotion with Darkcoins, it is their right as much it is their right to use the U.S. dollar, BTC, DRK or an used Vespa to buy (illegally) their own drugs.

None of my business.

Great post wozzek23! I won't comment on anything specifically but appreciate all you've said.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:18:08 AM

The more the merrier  Grin Come to testnet and help us out, goto your roaming folder (for windows) and make a text file called darkcoin.txt and put the flag testnet=1 inside, and then rename with extension to darkcoin.conf and paste into the (hidden) darkcoin roaming folder . A new folder called testnet3 is created as a subfolder. Now run your normal latest test darkcoin-qt.exe version of the wallet downloadable from here currently (with instantX unshaded!)
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-x-instantx-release-testing.3826/page-32
and your darkcoin wallet will start in orange colour with testnet in brackets. There are free coins from a faucet or from other users, thanks a many...

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:20:49 AM

Yes you should Smiley
For more info https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-x-instantx-release-testing.3826/

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
studentwiskunde

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:44:10 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAUNCHED

Coin price ticker

*** One app multiple price tickers ***
Supported coins: Bitcoin, Blackcoin, Darkcoin, Supercoin, and Dogecoin
Exchanges: Bittrex, and Cryptsy

Currency support: Dollar, Euro, Yen, and Yuan.
Bitcoin currency source: Blockchain

Calculate's total value of coins after inserting total coins

Go to Google Play to download Coin price ticker: Google Play

raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:19:09 PM

I finally managed to get my hands on one Raspberry Pi 2 and the first thing I did was:

to put a testnet masternode up & running  Wink

This hardware is clearly enough for now  Cool

Be aware that this is just a PoC type of project, I don't have any knowledge about stability long term yet.

Quick reference:

Download Raspbian from the official site
http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

Follow the instructions to get it running on your Rpi 2.

Update the system
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Install the necessary libraries
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
(this should be already present and updated)

sudo apt-get install libtool autotools-dev autoconf
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

sudo apt-get install libdb-dev

sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev

sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

This will install libdb5.1. The version used in darcoind is 4.8 so the databases created with this binary will not be compatible with the official binaries but it works just fine.

Then get the source and build

Code:
git clone https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin.git -b v0.11.1.x

cd darkcoin

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
make

After starting the build, go get some coffee outside, spend time with your family or go and do some other thing you like because it's going to take a while to finish...

Once the binaries are ready follow the instructions to get the masternode running.

Enjoy  Cool

Awesome~!
Will try it one Pi 1~

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
MisfiringNeuron

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:36:35 PM

Renegademan --- right or wrong, when it comes to Cryptocurrency, the darknet markets are the first adopters.  It happened to bitcoin and they were able to transgress it.  So too will Darkcoin.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:13:09 PM

The DAG is gearing up for a massive campaign for clearnet and local adoption and they are going about it very professionally. If someone wants to tackle darknets more power to them.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 03:32:10 PM

oh man MN payments are so good i just got another 1.7 DRK ... is enforcement ON?

from 29.01.2015 intial 1000 drks... till' today 08.02.2014

8.7059945 DRK

Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:38:39 PM

Does anyone remember the name of the electronics site that incorporated drk recently? It's called bit~something. Not seeing it in our directory https://darkcointalk.org/threads/merchant-directory-listing-updated-3rd-feb-2015.3445/  .  I'm wondering if they have those pi 2s.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:43:42 PM

Does anyone remember the name of the electronics site that incorporated drk recently? It's called bit~something. Not seeing it in our directory https://darkcointalk.org/threads/merchant-directory-listing-updated-3rd-feb-2015.3445/  .  I'm wondering if they have those pi 2s.
Was it this one that said they're implimenting Darkcoin in a couple of weeks?
http://www.bitroad.co.uk/

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:54:59 PM

Does anyone remember the name of the electronics site that incorporated drk recently? It's called bit~something. Not seeing it in our directory https://darkcointalk.org/threads/merchant-directory-listing-updated-3rd-feb-2015.3445/  .  I'm wondering if they have those pi 2s.
Was it this one that said they're implimenting Darkcoin in a couple of weeks?
http://www.bitroad.co.uk/
Yup. You are right, they said they were implementing in their next update. I don't see any pi s unfortunately.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

Great discussion.

After all, this is why "they" kill all over the world and send "our heroes" to kill and die for their profit. But this is an old adagio about the psychopaths on power; so you are either "with me our against me" regarding that notion. What I truly believe in is that "they" would kill Jesus H. Christ should he dared to return and, say, run for the U.S. president, because peace, freedom, privacy, democracy, all that bullshit the people all over the world had been dying for for ages means nothing to them - everything we do, including posting in some forum, is an act of an "enemy", us, their enslaved citizenry whose ONLY purpose is to serve as consumers of their shit and cannon fodder for their wars.

None of my business.

Not all drugs are illegal in all places. They are not uniformly controlled around the world. 

Darkcoin is a global and universal currency.

Sellers and buyers have to obey the law, where they are.

That's all we have to say about that.
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

oh man MN payments are so good i just got another 1.7 DRK ... is enforcement ON?

from 29.01.2015 intial 1000 drks... till' today 08.02.2014

8.7059945 DRK

Smiley

And I got nothing since 5 days, when I set it up at a new IP/VPS Tongue
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:57:48 PM

So i'm not trolling or anything, genuine question here. What role would darkcoin play if darkwallet succesfully anonamizez transactions? I kind of get the grasp of Masternodes but then we bring out sidechains(i guess dark would still play a role if its implemented with sidechains). Also, could drk bring new innovation that bitcoin currently cant do(smart property, contracts, digital assets, ect..)?

Edit* im also aware with Instantx, but i believe further down the road Bitcoin will also have faster transaction times.
Vyazhan

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:04:18 PM

So i'm not trolling or anything, genuine question here. What role would darkcoin play if darkwallet succesfully anonamizez transactions? I kind of get the grasp of Masternodes but then we bring out sidechains(i guess dark would still play a role if its implemented with sidechains). Also, could drk bring new innovation that bitcoin currently cant do(smart property, contracts, digital assets, ect..)?

Edit* im also aware with Instantx, but i believe further down the road Bitcoin will also have faster transaction times.

Dark Wallet would still be centralized and could potentially leak your information whereas your local Darkcoin Client remains steadfast in your personal and private hands Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 [3945] 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: