Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 [4421] 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 4470 4471 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:45:32 AM

Masternode invention is THE biggest thing to hit Cryptos.

I S  I T  T R U E ? ! ?

Are Masternodes more important than the proof-of-work blockchain?

Is IBM working on a Masternodes-of-things project?

Is Overstock looking to adopt Masternodes to issue securities in decentralized exchanges?

Did Electrum raise millions to create Turing-complete Masternodes?

Did Gnutella call from 2005, asking for it's Ultrapeers and supernodes back?

BTW, don't miss the DashcoinDark vicitim resources thread!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:47:00 AM

The monero trolls are an embarrassment to crypto. Even the monero devs waste time trolling instead of doing basic things like putting together a official working GUI wallet, So sad.

iCEBREAKER... Your a moron!   Tell you what... Go find Satoshi and bust his balls about premining Bitcoin...

Satoshi never premined/instamined/fastmined/etc. a single Bitcoin.

He publicized his system to essentially 100% of the people in the world who could possibly understand it, worked with a few of them to clean up his code before launch, announced the launch I think a week ahead of time (not sure of the time period, maybe I'm wrong here), and then everyone had years to mine it using ordinary computers before it even had any monetary value whatsoever, with no guarantee it ever would. Of course, the monetary parameters of the system were "set in stone" (his words), were never changed after launch, and the actual mining has turned out to match the schedule stated in the white paper quite closely.

The suggestion of even the slightest similarity between that experience and DRK is ridiculous and insulting, not only to Satoshi but to the intelligence of anyone reading it.

You guys are in good company though, the Bytecoin scammers who ninja-premined 82% of the coins on their system tried the Satoshi Defense too. Right around the time they were claiming that Bytecoin was created by aliens.

Actually defending the good name of Satoshi is a commendable action for any crypto-currency developer worthy of praise rather than criticism. In any event why has Satoshi been dragged into the arguments over the DRK premine?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:50:28 AM

The monero trolls are an embarrassment to crypto. Even the monero devs waste time trolling instead of doing basic things like putting together a official working GUI wallet, So sad.

iCEBREAKER... Your a moron!   Tell you what... Go find Satoshi and bust his balls about premining Bitcoin...

He publicized his system to essentially 100% of the people in the world who could possibly understand it, worked with a few of them to clean up his code before launch, announced the launch I think a week ahead of time (not sure of the time period, maybe I'm wrong here), and then everyone had years to mine it using ordinary computers before it even had any monetary value whatsoever, with no guarantee it ever would. Of course, the monetary parameters of the system were "set in stone" (his words), were never changed after launch, and the actual mining has turned out to match the schedule stated in the white paper quite closely.

The suggestion of even the slightest similarity between that experience and DRK is ridiculous and insulting, not only to Satoshi but to the intelligence of anyone reading it.

You guys are in good company though, the Bytecoin scammers who ninja-premined 82% of the coins on their system tried the Satoshi Defense too. Right around the time they were claiming that Bytecoin was created by aliens.

Actually defending the good name of Satoshi is a commendable action for any crypto-currency developer worthy of praise rather than criticism. In any event why has Satoshi been dragged into the arguments over the DRK premine?

i ask u, why all monero fanboys are here for trolling, make a nice GUI wallet and i'll buy ur monero....or maybe the dev team did not have abiity just to make GUI wallet ?

owh i figure it now, you make post here to make dark investor see ur signature and looking at monero, lol..it never happen ,

honestly i for once sell my dark at the spike, but after i sell it i cant sleep because i have a very good feeling dash will reach $10 at the end of this month or maybe above $10....

u better buy some dark/dash then trolling here...

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:51:13 AM

Celestio... You think those of us seasoned crypto investors don't know what we are doing?  Fuck off already who are you kidding... And stop being retarded... We've all heard your BULLSHIT before and don't care!  Go do something useful and spend some time with your family or friends ...

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:52:43 AM

i ask u, why all monero fanboys are here for trolling, make a nice GUI wallet and i'll buy ur monero....or maybe the dev team did not have abiity just to make GUI wallet ?

Defending Satoshi in a Bticoin forum is not trolling!

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:55:22 AM

Mr. SATOSHI... Who ever he/she or they are is certainly someone I look up to for pioneering crypto as we know of it Today  and has certainly made some of us very wealthy as well... But... No man is a god and unfailable.  I'm just pointing out... That there was certainly issues with BTC as well... That was my point.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:56:38 AM

I agree... Defending something is not trolling...

ahoenk

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:57:30 AM

why ur friend ( monero fansboy ) trolling here ? not only you, if you are not trolling then ask ur friend, why they are here ? hopping dark/dash investor read ur signature then invest their money to monero ? make GUI for ur coin's wallet, make inovation, the coin value will spiked as investor coming..

monero and dark/dash have the same vision, make a decantralized, anonymize alt coin, so why we are not act as a friend and support each other ? we are here in this crypto world have the same vision, and tired of government spying on us, dev's team make a technology investor support them, when the technology used and accepted by people out there we gain something ( spiked price or other thing ),...

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:01:09 AM

Mangled B, please don't ignore me, though I admit I may be stupid, I am really trying to understand and am NOT trolling. I admit that I have been persuaded by the single crusty bread crumb. It just sounds logical to me, but I also respect you and your opinion. What is it that I am not getting. The only argument that I have heard in opposition to 51% concerns, is that self interest will keep miners from taking advantage of their power. Is there more to it than this. PLEASE help me out here; I will certainly sleep better if you can.

Strix,I think you got confused, people were trying to say there was an issue with someone controlling lets say 51% of Masternodes, is a misplaced extrapolation from the 51% mining issue or how much we are used to simple majority meaning something.

In the case of Masternodes, a set of 20 Masternodes is randomly selected for each transaction, so even if you control a large percentage of the network lets say 90% your chances of following transaction are non existent.

Here are the probabilities of someone actually following through the Darksend process as it stands today.

Each round uses 20 random masternodes of 2300, so you must control 20 of 2300 four times in a row. It's super secure .

Here's the new probablities for each successive round:
  - 1 rounds with 10 masternodes is ((10/2300.0)^20)^1 == 5.826976675086318e-48
  - 2 rounds with 10 masternodes is ((10/2300.0)^20)^2 == 3.3953657171999996e-95
  - 3 rounds with 10 masternodes is ((10/2300.0)^20)^3 == 1.9784716837512123e-142
  - 4 rounds with 1000 masternodes is ((1000/2300.0)^20)^4 == 1.1528508353537028e-29
* attacker controlled

With regards to the  51% mining thing, I think you can read online about that a lot as it relates to all Proof of Work coins.
Yes, you are correct--sadly, being confused is one of the things that I am really quite good at. Tongue I thought MB was taking issue with lonecroutone's position, rather than the troll's; Duh. Embarrassed I do understand the difference, and suspect that when the time is right masternodes will assume the duties now assigned to miners. Shocked

FWIW, I would be interested in hearing any reasonable arguments as to why this would NOT be a good thing.

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:06:51 AM

They don't want to make an easy to use wallet because then the bloating would be catastrophic if people actually started to use it. Their blockchain is already bloated and no one even really uses monero. Zerocash is a monero killer anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#Controversy_and_criticism

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:12:58 AM

ugh -

nobody is gonna control a majority of the MNs to de-anon the system

Miners will always be with us
and
I generally don't take anybody's side but .... the obvious...

giggity

(Family Guy is on :-P
Damn... I knew I was missing something... Doh!

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:13:36 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 03:55:33 PM by smooth

1) Released Darkcoin/Dash
2) Put the block reward at 500 coins per block
3) Make it only available to the extremely small pool of linux users(So his buddies and himself could get the majority of coins)
4) Instamine darkcoin with a few of his buddies
5) Cut Darkcoin's block rewards over 50% from 500 to under 100
6) Cut Darkcoin's max coin supply by 50%
7) End the instamine within 40 hours and go on his merry way

What makes that even worse, was that he made the masternodes as a way to continue enriching himself, so he could gain even more $ from the coins he instamined. Within 40 hours over 2million Darkcoins were mined by Evan and a few others at darkcoins/DASH's release.

If this isnt a scam, then I dont know what is.

Seems like it might be a reasonable chronology but you forgot, at least:

a) When the launch runs into problems, agree to try again "next week." When asked by a prospective (presumably unaffiliated) miner who wants to get some sleep whether you will launch within minutes/hours, respond "Definitely not!" Then announce the launch three hours later and launch two hours after that.

b) Release code that is buggy and doesn't work properly during the first two of hours of the launch. Release a fix to a "serious error" that doesn't even compile. Meanwhile, despite the serious error and uncompilable code, somehow someone mines over 500K coins during this period. EDIT: the part about not compiling is disputed and may not be correct. The part about the "serious error" is correct.

c) Release no information about the features or development plan until after the instamine. After all, it is reasonable go ahead and mine every single generic bitcoin clone without being privy to this information, just in case it ends up becoming differentiated later.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:14:46 AM

Why are we back to fighting with obvious trolls? There was even that good post a few pages back saying how newbies are not necessarily effected by the inane instamine FUD. The price is rising.  Just sit back and enjoy the ride.  Wink
ahoenk

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:22:19 AM

why we should buy dash now ?

the answer is : when i try to buy it, its like nobody want to dump the coin ( i hate this ) then i buy at the market price...and the buying pressure still strong...

i predict we will touch 0.02 or above this week

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:23:47 AM

Smooth... Spend less time here and more time getting shit together on XMR or I'm going to start to think our groups investment over there was a bad idea and this constant BS train you guys are riding is starting to leave a bad taste in our mouths.   You have a lot of work over there... Geez!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:24:31 AM

They don't want to make an easy to use wallet because then the bloating would be catastrophic if people actually started to use it. Their blockchain is already bloated and no one even really uses monero. Zerocash is a monero killer anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#Controversy_and_criticism

Oh, wow, hadn't had any interest in cryptonote, and after reading your link, thanks by the way, this part was especially disturbing!

NSA involvement[edit]

There are speculations about CryptoNote being developed under the guidance of NSA. Following facts are mentioned as indicating a possible connections between NSA and CryptoNote development team:[75]
Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.
NSA report about electronic cash outlines the necessity of using blind signatures in order to achieve anonymity.
Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation.
Being ASIC-resistant, CryptoNote-based currencies can be easily manipulated by NSA possessing big computational resources.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:26:05 AM

If you want to learn more about the Dash project, former DRK, don't forget to listen to the most recent LetsTalkBitcoin episode. It is a full interview with Dash's lead developer Evan Duffield and includes very good explanations about the main features of the platform and future plans.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:30:01 AM

When is the logo contest over?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:31:40 AM

When is the logo contest over?

I think I remember Sunday (tomorrow) ?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:36:08 AM

{NSA supposedly created cryptonote because:}

Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.

This isn't even correct. Keccak is not the PoW for cryptonote. Check the sources on that NSA story, its a bunch of garbage from some horrible pay-for-"news" site. OT for this thread though.
Pages: « 1 ... 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 [4421] 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 4470 4471 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: