Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 [4437] 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 4470 4471 4472 4473 4474 4475 4476 4477 4478 4479 4480 4481 4482 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:25:11 AM

Everyone knows about this.  At least 70% of Darkoin/Dash is controlled by five or six people.  
I think that was true last spring... But things have slowly changed.... I know at couple dozen people in my local area that are 20k to 40k dark holders... Certainly there's some really bigger fish then this as with any of these small market cap coins.  Any real  world average investor could easily own half of any of these coins as per their market cap.   I know several local investors in traditional stocks and bonds type that could buy out most every single alt coins on their own.

Most on here think in 10s of thousands USD as sizable investments... and this is nothing in the real world.... Hell one of buddies who's a fund Manger out here won't even look at you if your not bringing half a million to million  portfolio.

This is why I still see big growth on here because it really is quite small numbers in the big skeem of things.  This is just so small all alt coins... It's the peewee leagues.  Wink

I'm probably off in my figures.  But to be honest I don't think it really matters that much.  The name change is just marketing.  It doesn't bring any technical innovation or add anything new to the coin.  The pump that followed is unsustainable because in the end the coin is what it was before just with a different name.  There are some coins that have cloned darkcoin but I don't see any of them gaining any traction due to the lack of talent at the developer level.  There is one coin that seems to be doing something with masternodes and banking but I don't know if that is a Darkcoin clone.  I haven't looked at the code yet but it's something to keep an eye on.  You likely know what coin I'm referring to.  We'll see how things play out.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:26:04 AM

Grin
price of drk keep rising weeew...
when will do you think drk will worth half btc ?

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:31:32 AM

... third parties can pick up the slack on wallets and such (with some funding provided by the core team)...

So the core team has enough coin to throw at outsiders?  Where did they get these coins?  Instamine?

Our own damn pockets, like the rest of the close to 200 BTC we've spent on the coin out of pocket (after donations) so far. A lot of that at higher USD/BTC prices too.

Wrong thread though. Unless attack-the-attacker is your actual intent.

I have no intention of attacking the attacker.

Okay let's go ahead and attack-the-attacker then:

Your motives are perfectly clear.  You see a competitor gaining traction at the expense of your year of toil, sweat, frustration, successes, 200 BTC, and all that comes with it.  You feel that you have no choice but to try and stop the momentum.  You scream the same screech on every page of this thread.  The DRK/DASH thread.  If this is not your reason for being here, please enlighten us as to your real motives.

Yeah, sure, that's why I've gone after countless other scams too, and why there are plenty of other coins doing fine I'm saying nothing about. Furthermore, DRK hasn't really gained any ground against Monero in the past month, in fact DRK/XMR is down over the past month or so, although mostly in a trading range for months. Mostly what has happened is that both coins have done well as privacy has become a bit hot. So, no, this has little to do with XMR vs. DRK to me.

I quite simply don't like how the whitewashing of the instamine continues (especially with the rebrand apparently intended to go after wider markets who probably don't understand that kind of scams that come out of crypto), didn't like the aggressive and arrogant attitude against dashcoin (opened my eyes to how disgusting many of the people who support this coin really are), and don't think the technology is worth much either.  And finally I was invited to this thread as a result of one of you DRKtards attacking me here over my comments on the dashcoin thread. So thank whichever one of you that was if you don't think I should be here.

DRK/XMR btw:

Everything comes down to a greed motive in the eyes are DRKtards, which is not surprising. You tend to see everyone else as you see yourself.
r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 06:32:37 AM

Who knows why members shadowshitt and shitero come here and say bullsh!t?

If you have a burning place ,It might be better to pour the water on the spot  Grin

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:39:58 AM

Ok... This is that last time I'm going to reply to you and I put you on ignore for good.  I said I would personally contribute $500USD...to the total pot of $5000.00USD as my contribution... Other community members on here can  verify that.  Have good night friend.

So in effect the bounty is $500 as I said.  If you guys care about the security pledge more money and verify that in fact all is well.  Have any professional cryptographers ever been engaged to validate DRK anonymity or the theory behind it?

They haven't and they wont.  ITS ALL ONE BIG INSTAMINE CIRCLE JERK friend.

The theory behind it is not that complex. You don't need to be a cryptographer to see whether it works or not, as it builds on already established and proven to be working crypto.

Wrt a bounty, it's pointless as people have been trying and are trying to break it regardless. But those who understand how it works, don't bother as they know already that they can't do it.

The only problem of "instamine" is that some people don't like it. It's all in the public ledger, can't get any more official than that. Code and parameters change, so what, it's the community the miners and the people downloading and running the wallets who decide what to download and what code to support, and so far the consensus has been clear - the community has supported every update.

When and if cryptos become mainstream, we all will look like instaminers in the eyes of the general public. Doesn't matter if it's a PoS coin that was fully mined in a week, an ITO distribution, or BTC.

Post the distribution curve/graph/whatever in the OP so no one can complain it's "hidden".
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:42:58 AM

So, no, this has little to do with XMR vs. DRK to me.

I quite simply don't like how the whitewashing of the instamine continues (especially with the rebrand apparently intended to go after wider markets who probably don't understand that kind of scams that come out of crypto), didn't like the aggressive and arrogant attitude against dashcoin (opened my eyes to how disgusting many of the people who support this coin really are), and don't think the technology is worth much either.

Hmm.  So the "DRK instamine" was just fine with you for a year.  You didn't feel the need to post even once.  Now, it's an all-hands-on-deck alert?

"don't think the technology is worth much either"  Yeah, you're probably right.  Nobody wants untraceable transactions that confirm in 5 seconds.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:48:28 AM

So, no, this has little to do with XMR vs. DRK to me.

I quite simply don't like how the whitewashing of the instamine continues (especially with the rebrand apparently intended to go after wider markets who probably don't understand that kind of scams that come out of crypto), didn't like the aggressive and arrogant attitude against dashcoin (opened my eyes to how disgusting many of the people who support this coin really are), and don't think the technology is worth much either.

Hmm.  So the "DRK instamine" was just fine with you for a year.  You didn't feel the need to post even once.  Now, it's an all-hands-on-deck alert?

Pretty much. I was aware of the instamine and other scammy dealings here for a while, as they were occasionally mentioned on Monero threads but I generally ignored it, occasionally traded posts with illodin a few times as he can attest. The bashing of dashcoin, and especially when I started getting trolled by name here, was with really inspired me to speak out against this crap.
OrphanedGland

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:51:40 AM

... third parties can pick up the slack on wallets and such (with some funding provided by the core team)...

So the core team has enough coin to throw at outsiders?  Where did they get these coins?  Instamine?

Our own damn pockets, like the rest of the close to 200 BTC we've spent on the coin out of pocket (after donations) so far.

Wrong thread though. Unless attack-the-attacker is your actual intent.

Talk about absurdity.  Monero and instamine, yeah.... Ok...

Acceptably Mined Altcoins: There are no instantmines or premines in Monero. The smooth block subsidy scheme could be a little bit more tapered towards a slower distribution than it is, but ultimately this coin passes the smell test.

Extreme caution: That means in less than 8 hours, almost 5% of the Darkcoins that ever will be created spawned in that 1/3 of a day. It's safe to say Darkcoin has left it's investors in the dark on this one.

I don't normally reply to these... but monero also had distribution problems.  The open source mining code was extremely inefficient, allowing insiders to mine with advantage.

DISCLAIMER: I hodl XMR and DRK.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:56:06 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 07:16:56 AM by smooth

I don't normally reply to these... but monero also had distribution problems.  The open source mining code was extremely inefficient, allowing insiders to mine with advantage.

No, it wasn't "insiders" at all, it was an expert computer scientist (dga) and his miner partners, who were able to spend a lot of money and make more money from that, but the overall supply curve was not affected at all. Plenty of other people (including me) were able to mine with the regular miner and still be profitable, which was quite remarkable, but the market was very hot at the time too. It's all well documented (including the non-involvement of the insiders; in fact we were thwarting their efforts as quickly as we could) on his blog somewhere.

EDIT: here:

By the time I got into it, developer "NoodleDoodle" (hey, this is crypto, people can pick whatever names they want -- Satoshi Nakamoto?) had already untwisted the first "de-optimization" with the AES encryption key.  

[in comments, in response to a suggestion he was an insider with a special advantage]
This would be a very reasonable thing to assert if I had anything to do with Monero.  I don't.  In fact, to the best of my knowledge, none of the people who profited from early optimized Monero mining had anything to do with crippling the code in the first place.

Think of it this way:  You step in and inherit a legacy codebase for a promising and interesting new cryptocurrency.  You're immediately beset with demands -- fix bugs, release binaries, answer help questions, etc.  In retrospect, it turns out that the code you took over had been de-optimized by its original creators.  Is that your fault?  Of course not.  What's the standard that we should hold the Monero developers to?  To fix any bugs or deliberate weaknesses as fast as they can after they become aware of it.  To get up to speed and review and understand the codebase they inherited as quickly as a reasonable developer can do.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:57:28 AM

I'm one of those few who use the Android Wallet.. I have downloaded it somewhere in 2014. Never really earn or invest in DarkCoin. Open my application today and find out I have a interesting address.. Dont mind me sharing.. XxMeJax7J125t5mYdGnzevbwLhLUEgnBFQ. Hmm.. is there any forums or IRC? So I could use the name Jax.. Tongue..

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:59:47 AM

My first 'developer' on ignore. So long Scammy Smooth. Good luck with that GIU and your Monero premine. Maybe you will wise up and hire a real Dev that can deliver a GUI.

oaxaca

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:00:44 AM

... especially when I started getting trolled by name here, was with really inspired me to speak out against this crap.

I'm not attacking, I'm trying to understand.  Can you post the quote of the poster who trolled you by name on this thread?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:03:35 AM

... especially when I started getting trolled by name here, was with really inspired me to speak out against this crap.

I'm not attacking, I'm trying to understand.  Can you post the quote of the poster who trolled you by name on this thread?

God, that sounds like a pain to find that. I'll see.

I think it was this one, where he was responding to my comments on the dashcoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10708741#msg10708741

I don't think I've ever posted on this thread before that, except maybe once or twice during some BCX drama.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 07:14:13 AM

Morning community

Trolls how are you today?

Some of them said what?

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:16:43 AM

Morning community

Trolls how are you today?

Some of them said what?

close your eyes, dream your dream Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:17:03 AM

Logo vote is close now. We have a winner.

Miasma

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:17:14 AM

Anyone have an estimate of what the annualized yield of running a DRK masternode is Huh

Figure anywhere from 70 to 90 MN payments in the year.  Reward is going to be increasing.. But I'd average around 2.2 Drk.  2*70=140drk on low and 180drk on the high.  That's around 800 to 1000 bucks at current price. 

So, on the order of 16% a year. That's respectable. Problem is the year part.  Hmm, definitely gonna have to consider this.

eBay, where Thieves Thrive
oaxaca

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:18:35 AM

I'm not attacking, I'm trying to understand.  Can you post the quote of the poster who trolled you by name on this thread?

I think it was this one, where he was responding to my comments on the dashcoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10708741#msg10708741

I don't think I've ever posted on this thread before that, except maybe once or twice during some BCX drama.

So Stonehedge was commenting here on your posts in the DashCoin thread?  And that was enough to start this rampage?  Seems like overreacting to me.
oaxaca

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:21:23 AM

Anyone have an estimate of what the annualized yield of running a DRK masternode is Huh

Figure anywhere from 70 to 90 MN payments in the year.  Reward is going to be increasing.. But I'd average around 2.2 Drk.  2*70=140drk on low and 180drk on the high.  That's around 800 to 1000 bucks at current price. 

So, on the order of 16% a year. That's respectable. Problem is the year part.  Hmm, definitely gonna have to consider this.

Remember, you can "send" the coins at any time.  They are not locked and still available in your wallet.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:23:36 AM

So Stonehedge was commenting here on your posts in the DashCoin thread?  And that was enough to start this rampage?  Seems like overreacting to me.

It would be if it were a "rampage". I don't see it that way. I give my opinions, which are frequently disputed, denied or attacked, or responded to by attacking another coin in some non-responsive way.

If opposing views were welcome here and not treated as "trolls" things might go differently. I hate to keep borrowing a term from iCEBREAKER but he's absolute right that attack-the-attacker is the usual MO around here when anyone presents an opposing view.

Furthermore I don't really know that it makes sense to lump together all of the DRK skeptics who are posting here these days (not sure if that's what you meant by rampage either). I certainly don't have any connection with them.

Pages: « 1 ... 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 [4437] 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 4470 4471 4472 4473 4474 4475 4476 4477 4478 4479 4480 4481 4482 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: